✩ Club Espeon V2 ✩ - Back and better than ever (Always Accepting!)

Speaking of Ash - I find it funny that when he goes up against Brock in Episode 4, he's been traveling for 2 weeks, then when he gets to Episode 9 (School of Hard Knocks) he's been traveling for 2 months. Now, as far as we know, in episode 799, he's still 10. xD

Still, now that Best Wishes has ended, even though I didn't particularly like Iris or Cilan, I can't help but feel a bit nostalgic that they're leaving. Though not as much as the DP/RS/GSC series endings, which I found much more emotional.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sakura, when did you get back holy crap!
(If you even left, I've been inactive though haha)

Username: Smear or Raems or whatever it is now
Nickname (what do you want to be called): Smear / Smee / Smearsoul / Smeargle / Codey / Raems / Whatever you want to call me
Do you understand our club rules? I used to be the member with the highest post count in the first Club Espeon so yup. :3

It's unfortunate that we probably won't see Ash age at all, because the main demographic (or what it's supposed to be) is children, and they see themselves in Ash, a 10 year old who starts at the bottom with the new starters (much like how they'll start out), and with his iconic never leveling up Pikachu. If Ash were to have aged, someone did the math, and he would be around 21 now. Imagine Pokemon with a 21 year old Ash.

I was back since Monday; took a long 21.5 month break b/c I lost interest in YCM for a while after V1 died (and other stuff related to members on site). But yeah it's nice to see you again, Smeargle :D

Acccepted.

@Zex: Yeah, Ash has been 10 for the past 15 years [since I was in pre-K, o_O]. Guess time passes very slowly in the anime [or animators are lazy at checking that time is consistent].

I couldn't really stand Cilan/Dent making a lot of comments about battling and taste (yes, he's a Connoisseur so that's to be expected; but don't do it during battle). Iris, well she had her moments. (I'm still on BW075 or something, so haven't seen Iris/Cilan leave; yeah, I am that far behind. TBH, I want to skip ahead to BW085-86 when Hikari/Dawn returns)

On the topic of Dawn, I kinda wished she'd come back for XY (or one of the other two girls; considering that Ash/Misty ships are still popular even now)

@Sasha: If we assume that each season takes 1 year (there are 16 more after season 1), then he'd be 26-27 [which by that point, should either be a researcher/professor, etc.] Or if we go by generations (each generation, he ages 1 year); he'd be around 15-16 years old (which is still pretty young); though that would push it more on the lines of YGO/Naruto (since their protagonists were 15-16 at the start, but that's unrelated)

But yeah, seeing adult Ash would probably bring the series to an end, because kids want to relate to Ash (since he's a kid like them). Although teenage/adult Ash is viable in another spinoff series for the die-hard fans who think he should be aging (but I don't know how that'll turn out).

Then again, anime isn't exactly consistent with their time habits.

Well, the main storyline involves the protagonist, a high school detective who gets knocked out by a criminal while eavesdropping on a shady scene and is fed a drug that's supposed to destroy the body without leaving a trace. But a rare side effect causes his body to shrink to that of a 6-7 year old instead. Anyways, there's been around 700 episodes, and he's still 6 - even though there have been multiple Valentine's Days, Christmas Days, and so on.

I was back since Monday; took a long 21.5 month break b/c I lost interest in YCM for a while after V1 died (and other stuff related to members on site). But yeah it's nice to see you again, Smeargle :D

Acccepted.

Welcome back man! It's been so boring here without the older members. I remember being so active in that club, but then I just stopped posting ;-; You too!

:3

Thanks.
Yeah, a lot of the older members are gone now.

No problem.
And yeah, I've watched them all leave, it really sucks. I have heaps of friends on here that I can't get in contact with. :<

Which is unfortunate because as more older members leave, less newer members come and stay.

Yeah, I know it's ridiculous. This site is become so inactive it's sad. I wish it was as lively as it was back in the day.

Yeah, I know it's ridiculous. This site is become so inactive it's sad. I wish it was as lively as it was back in the day.

I doubt it will happen, however since the Card Maker was updated RC seems more lively, and hopefully newer members will stay and explore.

I doubt it will happen, however since the Card Maker was updated RC seems more lively, and hopefully newer members will stay and explore.

Yeah, RC members don't make me feel very good because all they do is post cards, only very few actually venture outside of that section. ;-;

Accepted.

@Smear: I'm starting to post a little bit in RC now [since I need a new place to get post count now that C&O no longer does that]. Most of the time, it's just CnC stuff (I only made 2 cards since I came back). But yeah, hopefully some of the older members come back; especially some of the guys that we're friends with (i.e. Kaisu [I didn't forget about him], etc.)

Accepted.

@Smear: I'm starting to post a little bit in RC now [since I need a new place to get post count now that C&O no longer does that]. Most of the time, it's just CnC stuff (I only made 2 cards since I came back). But yeah, hopefully some of the older members come back; especially some of the guys that we're friends with (i.e. Kaisu , etc.)

C&O used to be the best place for post count haha. Especially in clubs like Krusty Towers, Club Pikachu and Club Box.
Ahk. I'm not into YGO so I can't really post in RC anyway. I've spoken to Lyfe. and Death Bishop, they came back for like two days and then just left again. Oh Kaisu? I speak to him pretty frequently on skype haha. I've told him to come back to YCM, he does for a day or two and then leaves again xD

Yup, though guess they stripped it while I was gone due to some clubs getting really spammy (the Sugar Cube one might be example; most of it is picture posts)

But on-topic about XY/Origins, if you're planning on getting games; which one are you going to get? (In my case, haven't really decided; at this point, maybe Y)

Yup, though guess they stripped it while I was gone due to some clubs getting really spammy (the Sugar Cube one might be example; most of it is picture posts)

But on-topic about XY/Origins, if you're planning on getting games; which one are you going to get? (In my case, haven't really decided; at this point, maybe Y)

Yeah, even Absolute Powerforce got locked because of how spammy it was. :/

I'm planning on getting Y. I WANT FRIEZA MEWTWO!
Although, I'm not getting the game as soon as I'd like, mainly because I haven't shown up to a few shifts at work so they cut down how many shifts they roster me on haha.

I'm having the dilemma of having to choose between X and Y. Before I was set on buying Y (for Yveltal, Mega Mewtwo Y, Skrelp, etc.) But with the release of Mega Chariard X, I'm having doubts; I mean, I like Mega Charizard Y's design better, but those colors (not to mention the Dragon-typing) are too cool to pass up. :o

I need to buy a 3DS, period. (So may not get it until next month if things work out and I can get my parents to buy me one for b-day, if I get good grades on midterms)

Ahk, that's fair enough. My sister owes me a birthday present, so I might just get her to get it for me. xD

I'm having the dilemma of having to choose between X and Y. Before I was set on buying Y (for Yveltal, Mega Mewtwo Y, Skrelp, etc.) But with the release of Mega Chariard X, I'm having doubts; I mean, I like Mega Charizard Y's design better, but those colors (not to mention the Dragon-typing) are too cool to pass up. :o

I think it sucks that they gave the different coloured charizard to X. It should have been the same colours for both games IMO.

Yeah.

Mega Mewtwo X + Charizard X look more badass; but I'm not too fond with Xerneas. (So in short, X is the attack game; Y is Special Attack)

Yveltal, I like but the forms are iffy-ish. (Though I'd like to see what their stats spreads are before I make any dramatic judgments [for certain, 680 BST])

I think it sucks that they gave the different coloured charizard to X. It should have been the same colours for both games IMO.

Agreed; if they're going to give two different designs, at least keep the color scheme consistent. I mean, if Mega Charizard Y was black and blue, I'd like it just as much as X.

Yeah.

Mega Mewtwo X + Charizard X look more badass; but I'm not too fond with Xerneas. (So in short, X is the attack game; Y is Special Attack)

Yveltal, I like but the forms are iffy-ish. (Though I'd like to see what their stats spreads are before I make any dramatic judgments [for certain, 680 BST])

I'm actually not too big a fan of either Mewtwo tbh, but at least Mega Mewtwo is a bit cuter in my opinion. And I wasn't aware that Yveltal had additional forms.

Archived