Kill La Kill

Nicο

54379.jpg

The story is set on a high school that the student council president Satsuki Kiryuuin rules by force. Wielding a giant Basami scissors sword, the wandering transfer student Ryuuko Matoi brings about upheaval on the campus. Ryuuko searches for the mysterious figure who caused her father's death, but confronting her are the student council's "four divine kings." Fortunately, Ryuuko is aided by a talking sailor uniform who tells her, "Wear me. When I am worn by you, this power will become manifest."

Just so hype right now after finishing ep 1. I had already been more entertained by this than the entirety of Gurren Lagann before this even started airing and it did not disappoint.

Discuss.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is in no way going to not be the most hyped, most popular, anime of the season. I'm actually going to like it too so that's a huge plus. Time will tell if it'll actually end up being my favorite though. Kyousougiga is sometimes almost as over the top, and there have already been some surprises. But I guess it is very likely to stay this awesome for the most part.

[spoiler='Episode 3']I was hoping that they would move on to something different after this episode rather than what appears to be a fight after fight thing as she got to fight Kiryuin, but sadly not, it would seem.[/spoiler]

The action is quite amazing, but the fanservice is somewhat excessive.

I like the silliness of it all and the exagerated animation, but if the fanservice keeps at the current level or goes up, it might be too much for me to stand, and from the looks of the opening, it doesn't seem like it's gonna tone down.

I thought that the Kamui uniform being so revealing was gonna be a small fanservice joke, and that the clothes would keep evolving, covering her up more, and become more baddass as the show progressed, but I see no change so far. 

3rd episode's battle, I felt like I've seen it a hundred times. First 2 episode's were epic, but that was just... meh. I'm not gonna disagree on the fanservice, because that's the way it's handling way too many things, but it's feeling less distasteful and more just plan boring for me, for various reasons. Still keeping up with a bit of comedy. Oh well, guess I'll just have to see. Just been one okay episode compared to two great ones for me thus far.

Being the not so big on anime person I am, I decided just this once to try a hyped anime out. Unsurprising to me, I didn't like it. The animation we're far and beyond to my liking. :\ The concept also just seemed bleh. No offence of course.

Why don't you like anime?

Being the not so big on anime person I am, I decided just this once to try a hyped anime out. Unsurprising to me, I didn't like it. The animation we're far and beyond to my liking. :\ The concept also just seemed bleh. No offence of course.

Personally speaking, I think it was a bad choice to pick up this one as the "I'm gonna give anime a chance" shot.

I'm a big fan of anime, but I wasn't really expecting much of this one from the beginning. It's funny over the top, which is entertaining for me, and the animation does flow well, but....

Did you see the summary of the anime prior to watching it?
Before it's air date, the only info about it was "she fights and unspecified stuff happens between those 2".

The only goal it has is defeating a character that pretty forcedly lets her go everytime.

Out of this studio, I'm mainly waiting for their Witch Academia, which is not exactly original, but I have a thing for witches and magic, and it's the opposite of this show in terms of fanservice.

That said, I do kinda like the hilariousness of Kill la kill, but not in a serious enough way to reach my tops list.

Maybe you should ask for recommendations at a status or something? =0

Why don't you like anime?

This isn't something i wish to discuss for both of our sakes.

Personally speaking, I think it was a bad choice to pick up this one as the "I'm gonna give anime a chance" shot.

I'm a big fan of anime, but I wasn't really expecting much of this one from the beginning. It's funny over the top, which is entertaining for me, and the animation does flow well, but....

Did you see the summary of the anime prior to watching it?
Before it's air date, the only info about it was "she fights and unspecified stuff happens between those 2".

The only goal it has is defeating a character that pretty forcedly lets her go everytime.

Out of this studio, I'm mainly waiting for their Witch Academia, which is not exactly original, but I have a thing for witches and magic, and it's the opposite of this show in terms of fanservice.

That said, I do kinda like the hilariousness of Kill la kill, but not in a serious enough way to reach my tops list.

Maybe you should ask for recommendations at a status or something? =0

I didn't say anime in general, I said hyped anime. I'v been getting reviews of ep.s from a few youtubers I watch along with well here so I decided to give it a chance.

I was debating whether or not to finish Gurren Lagann before watching this. For some reason I thought it was in the same universe, and I'm not sure whether I'm right or wrong about that.

But oh my god, this anime is awesome. I can say that while I don't mind fanservice in the slightest, this is the most badass form of it I've ever seen. And while the plot is about as shallow as it gets, the action and the characters, both good and bad, make up for that.

Archived