Kill La Kill

Nicο

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't f*ck with Mako's lunch.

And yes, if you eviscerate her right after she eats her lunch, you are f*cking with her lunch.

F*ck with her lunch, then you're gonna pay... for tomorrow's lunch...

...AND THEN YOU'RE GONNA PAY WITH YOUR SOUL.

Jumping ahead into the plot, anyone else just creaming to see Houka Inumuta fight?

Also, I'll be honest... on the promotional poster for the anime, Satsuki's shoulder fringe looked like a ten-gallon hat on Ryuko.

Only watched the first episode so far, and started the second, but stopped and went to the gym, and forgot to finish watching afterwards, then did other stuff.

I don't usually say this about modern anime besides Gundam Unicorn, but I like the art style. A lot.

The story, not so much. Blah blah blah high school with bizarre policies blah blah blah PLOT.

Trigger goes over the top with something? You don't say!

It's actually the only thing I know that's been over the top with well... everything. I have to applaud them for doing such a thing, but it's bothering even me a little.

The art style is the only thing though, that I really don't like even a little. I find it very similar to Gurren Lagann for obvious reasons and well, that was the first thing I mentioned when I even mentioned anything about this. 

After mulling it over, I've realized some things. Things like the latest episode make it kind of hard to drop, but a couple episodes were pretty boring and I haven't been liking the art, a couple more issues, and such, so I'm dropping this. Overall, at least I enjoyed it more than Gurren Lagann, but I really need to start dropping things I'm not really liking.

• 4 weeks later...

I honestly would never have guessed that she was the one who killed Ryuko's father. I feel like the writers just threw a baseball into the plot when they introduced Nui, then just as I was about to grasp it, the baseball just burst into a basketball and knocked my hand the f*ck back.

My interest in Nui's true capabilities is killing me, though. I just hope she doesn't just pwn Ryuko while not taking the battle seriously.

I'm new here, so I'm gonna go ahead and gush: I freakin' love this series, and not just for the fanservice (though, it is a bonus b/c bewbs derp). The animation is fluid, dynamic, charming, and awesome. The comedy is some of the best I've seen in a while. The shifts in tone are handled very well, with dark moments feeling heavy and light moments feeling comforting. The characters, while sticking to archetypes at first, are well-written and interesting to watch (I can't get enough of Mako. She's just so goddamn happy and random and energetic).

For some reason, I feel as if Nui's just baiting Ryuko. The way she said it, along with her given personality and the timing, makes me think Nui just said it for gits and shiggles. "Hey look! An upstart hothead who has Kamui and think's she's all-that! How 'bout I whoop her ass and see and Satsuki-chan's doing? Woohoo!" Seven whole days to wait for the next episode will be excruciatingly painful.

Did anyone else get a sense of how small the Academy suddenly feels when this episode came out? Ragyo's appearance in all of it's rainbow glory and inferred level of power make it seem like she's allowing Satsuki to run her academy like a mother would let her child run around the yard. I suddenly realized that the first ten episodes are just in one school, whereas we've gotten a small glimpse into the real world and how weak they probably are. Since I like comparing power levels to Pokémon, picture the Academy as the first/second gym, Satsuki and the Elite Four as your first/second rival battle, and Nui as your first/second encounter with the evil team.

After this, I can't wait for how the rest of the series plays out. I'm expecting, solely basing on tropes and Mako's reactions with the Elite Four, that Satsuki will end up joining forces with Ryuko to fight her mother. Kamui's will either get some sort of power-up or evolve (another Pokémon reference). The Elite Four will receive better uniforms or become powerful without them. Nudist Beach will do... something. And Mako will continue to be everyone's favorite cheerleader.

tl;dr Nui's a troll, Kill La Kill is awesome, waiting a week will be torture.

Archived