[leaderboard] me vs Instinct *instinct wins by technicality*

I Hate Snatch Steal

All YCM and Leaderboard rules apply

First to 3 votes win

Prize: 1 rep from the loser to the winner

No written cards

Yes Popculture cards, but they must be realistic otherwise. Also, though your welcome to say it along with a good review, liking the fandom used alone (if pop culture cards are entered) is not a vaild reason for a vote

Cards Due: 10/12/13, Voting Closes 10/24/13

Requirements: Make an archtype of Machine-Type monsters that combine together into fusion monsters. Any kind of summoning requirement is fine as long as it A) Is some kind of fusion/combining. You can submit an explaination of how it works if you think you need to. B) Summons a fusion monster from the archtype, and C) at least 1 card requires at least 3 materials in total (in total meaning that VWXYZ Dragon Catapult Cannon would count as needing 5 for example).

There is no minimum or maximum card limit, just use your head and you'll do fine.

My entry (just to give you some ideas):

[spoiler='gattai mecha']

gatttaimecha-alpha2_zps02290cf8.png

gatttaimecha-beta2_zps754f827b.png

gatttaimecha-gamma2_zps1a3676f3.png

gatttaimecha-delta2_zpsd2f4b485.png

gattaimecha-epsilon2_zps05818481.png

gattaimecha-omicron3_zpsb85029ec.png

gatttaimecha-lambda3_zps4376dda4.png

gattaimecha-omega4_zps4653ba6c.png

hypercoatmarkII2_zps81d68a61.png

gattaicarriercrane_zps84fda6e2.png

[/spoiler]

Edit: Here's my entry (4 cards):

[spoiler=Battle Mechs]WZTuPZe.jpg

Lore:

If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish 1 LIGHT Machine-Type monster from your Deck; Special Summon this card. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent. You can only control 1 face-up "Battle Mech - War Grunt".

sn0WclS.jpg

Lore:

If you have 3 or more LIGHT Machine-Type monsters in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Banish any monster destroyed by battle with this card. You can only control 1 face-up "Battle Mech - Armored General".

Y5K30NU.jpg

Lore:

You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. If Summoned this way, it is destroyed during the End Phase. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can Special Summon 1 "Battle Mech" monster with 2000 or less ATK from your Deck, but it cannot declare an attack this turn. You can only control 1 face-up "Battle Mech - Exosphere".

bfodoOk.jpg

Lore:

3 "Battle Mech" monsters
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards from your field and/or Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Machine-Type monsters you control are unaffected by Spell/Trap effects the turn they are Summoned. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can pay 2000 Life Points; Special Summon as many of your banished "Battle Mech" monsters as possible. During the End Phase, shuffle all monsters that were Special Summoned by this effect into the Deck.[/spoiler]

With the first set of cards just recolors of VWXYZ aside (and Gattai Alpha simply X-Head Cannon with an ATK boost effect), set B gets my vote.

Reasons:

- Creativity (at least this set showed some sort of variance instead of keeping the monsters as near replicas of VWXYZ). I should note that Gattai Omega's position effect is essentially VWXYZ Dragon Catapult Cannon's [though Set A does vary from said series by not banishing the materials, but instead Tributing]

As for Set B; Master Mind's effect is essentially Dimension Fusion except for Machines; and monsters return to the Deck. The smaller monsters can potentially summon the rest of themselves out via their effects; then go into their ace. (I also feel their effects have more creativity and will be more useful. And also, better OCG (though this isn't a major point of judging here).

This contest is really poorly thought. But since it's still here...

Set A is terrible. For one, you're not allowed to use old cards for the Leaderboard contests. And since these were clearly made with the old version of the card maker, I don't think there's any arguing that. So that disqualifies them really.

Unless I'm wrong on that point, Set B gets the vote by default.

But that won't stop me from commenting on it.

The first card is bonkers broken. The second and third cards are mediocre balancing towards the terrible, whereas the Fusion is just borderline fucking ridiculous.

The first card is an infinitely generating piece of shit. With an effect like that, you can Xyz with it, detach it, and Summon it again for more Xyzing. The problem is that the number of usages is unrestricted because it draws ammo from the DECK and can be used as many times a turn as you want.

The second two cards are not worth the investment. Most of the time they won't manage to do much.

The Fusion... it can Summon its own fusion materials at no cost and it F***ING RELOADS GRUNT. That has got to be simply stupid. The design is on purpose, but the synergy you gave this things is a bit too powerful- read, a whole fucking lot of power.

If the first set wasn't disqualified because of being recycled images, I wouldn't vote for B. Alas, it had to be said.

This contest is really poorly thought. But since it's still here...

Set A is terrible. For one, you're not allowed to use old cards for the Leaderboard contests. And since these were clearly made with the old version of the card maker, I don't think there's any arguing that. So that disqualifies them really.

Unless I'm wrong on that point, Set B gets the vote by default.

I looked here,

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/219875-1-on-1-contest-rules-2010-updated-sept-06-2010/

and here,

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/295192-ycm-1v1-leaderboard-october-december-season-is-open/

and I see so such rule about cardmaker version. If you meant rule 15 of the leaderboard rules, doesn't that just mean that you can't use the same card's twice (which I havn't)?

I looked here,

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/219875-1-on-1-contest-rules-2010-updated-sept-06-2010/

and here,

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/295192-ycm-1v1-leaderboard-october-december-season-is-open/

and I see so such rule about cardmaker version. If you meant rule 15 of the leaderboard rules, doesn't that just mean that you can't use the same card's twice (which I havn't)?

I'll check with Striker. If that's the case, I'm changing my vote.

Can you prove that you never posted those cards before? Since they were made in 2009, I have to assume that you did. As to your request to simply cancel the contest, too late to do that. You are responsible for following the rules and making sure your cards comply. As a result, you will take a loss if you can't prove that you didn't post those cards before. Besides, you shouldn't be posting cards from 2009. You should be creating new cards.

Can you prove that you never posted those cards before? Since they were made in 2009, I have to assume that you did. As to your request to simply cancel the contest, too late to do that. You are responsible for following the rules and making sure your cards comply. As a result, you will take a loss if you can't prove that you didn't post those cards before. Besides, you shouldn't be posting cards from 2009. You should be creating new cards.

To be fair it IS possible that these are cards he made in 2009, but never posted for whatever reason.

Still... using cards from 4 years ago, which are just recolors, is plain cheap even if not illegal.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/210574-gattai-mecha-retrained-vwxyz/

Yes they were posted (previous versions were that is). I'm guessing that you can't even post them in the non contest sections (eg realistic cards) without being disqualified?

The modify date on my laptop says 2013, I just forgot to change the copyright date. (Proof: problem solving card text didn't exist in 2009)

Assuming that you can't even post the cards for reviews in realistic cards first, Why does rule 15 even exist? (I'd really like to know, since it seems rather arbitrary and pointless)

What does it even do for the competitive environment to be unable to get reviews before entering?

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/210574-gattai-mecha-retrained-vwxyz/

Yes they were posted (previous versions were that is). I'm guessing that you can't even post them in the non contest sections first?

The modify date on my laptop says 2013, I just forgot to change the copyright date. (Proof: problem solving card text didn't exist then)

Assuming that you can't even post  the cards in realistic cards first, Why does rule 15 even exist? (I'd really like to know, since it seems rather arbitrary and pointless)

What does it even do for the competitive environment to be unable to get reviews before entering?

Previously posted cards means cards posted anywhere on YCM. Since you just proved that they were posted on YCM before, I have to declare Instinct the winner by default. And the purpose of Rule 15 is so people demonstrate their "raw" cardmaking abilities without any help. You can't really show what your capable of if you compete with a card that others have already pointed out the flaws of and helped you with.

Archived