(Leader board) Psychic Spirituality Vs. Scrooge {Finished}

ÆƵ–

Rules:

1. Standard YCM Rule apply

2. First to 3 votes wins

3. Winner receives rep from non-winner

4. Must use http://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/ to make card

5. Card should be PM'd to me.

6. Cards due 72 hours after opponent acceptance.

7. Card A/Card B style.

8. Voting period is 72 hours after Cards are up.

Card Requirements:

Make a Level/Rank 7 Extra Deck monster with 0 ATK.

Friendly reminder: There is no such thing as a "Perfect Card", and this contest is merely to help make the participants better card makers.

Card A:

[spoiler='A']

mckaXyX.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']

2 or more Level 7 monsters

While this card has Xyz material(s); it is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. During your Standby Phase: you can detach 1 Xyz material from this card; target 1 card your opponent controls and 1 card you control; banish both targets. During your End Phase; If this card has no Xyz materials and is in Attack Position: you can banish up to 2 monsters in your Graveyard; attach them to this card as Xyz materials.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Card B:

[spoiler='B']

VMoJSKn.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']

3 Aqua-Type monsters

Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above monsters from your hand or Graveyard. If there is 1 or more Aqua-Type monsters in your Graveyard, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. When this monster battles: halve the ATK and DEF of your opponent's monster (permanently). If this card were to be destroyed destroyed by a card effect: you can remove from play 1 Aqua-Type monster in your Graveyard to negate the effect.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I honestly like Dreamlord Chameleon more.

I like his DEF, more powerful Scrap dragon, the fact that you can summon him with more than 2 monsters, and has a overall unique aura and artwork. Not to discredit the Drain Slime in anyway though- it has its own merit.

Also Psychic, I'll be clicking those eggs! XD

Card A is one of the best walls in the game, and it has a way to both remove threats by having one of the best removal in the game, and a way to replenish its own material indefinitely. Not to mention this have a million way to summon in Dragon Rulers, and being obviously designed to trigger their effects, this seems to be a bit badly designed. But the effect timing and the battle position restriction kinda balanced it.

Card B is interesting. A free wall that can protect you indefinitely in Frog decks is really nice, but the ATK halving won't happen often except if you put it in ATK position, which is dumb. It's a good card in my opinion, but i do think it need more oomph to not only be a static wall.

This is hard, since both cards have their pros and cons, but I choose to vote for card A, interesting effects that seemed to be broken, but balanced by how situational it is.

Unfortunately card B does nothing. It either suffers from Decoy Dragon syndrome (i.e, it won't ever be attacked); or it's a worse Gale the Whirlwind which requires an attack from it to hit and even results in potentially pointless damage to the user.

In comparison, card A is a lot more useful. Granted, its reattaching effect is rather useless: First of all, the wording implies the cards are banished for the cost then go straight to the Xyz Material pool. Even Dragon Rulers don't care about being banished if they are not anywhere to be found during resolution. To top it off, you left it in Attack Position- with 0 ATK, and no battle protection whatsoever.

But the actual banishing 1-for-1 effect and the omni-protection which poses no imbalanced threat to the opponent earn Card A my vote.

Archived