Sploda

2h8co61.png

Guten Tag, Ladies und Gentlemen! It's a fabulous Thursday and we are proud to come to you live from the maiden voyage of the fourm's first cruise liner! That is right folks, today we'll be embarking in a cruise through several of the fourm's most happening events brought to you by the outrageous cast of members here on the YCM Channel!

Ich bin your host LeCreateur, and this is YCM Channel!

Before we kick things off, we'll go of to our leader Sumire with the weather for this fine trip!

2308yw.jpg

Welcome to this new segment on the YCM Channel!

nevtyr.jpg

*insert diva singing here*

…No it’s not exactly raining men, I kid.:3

As we know, things happen in our corner on the net. Threads get created everyday and with them, new posts, thoughts and reactions emerge. But how to keep track on everything with all the forums we have? Well here’s where the forecast comes in. In a quick rundown, we‘re going to give you an overview about what happened on the site. Not all sections may always be covered, but the main events will.

Ready? Ok let’s go!

News! News are gracing us with the announcement of the xyz cardmaker addition and the Halloween event! It’s pretty cold out there, but we can expect beautiful snow and temperature jumps when winter rolls around.

In Comments & Suggestions, people are eagerly dropping their propositions and hoping the staff catches wind of it. Not much to report for Questions & Help yet, except that most issues were related to the cardmaker.

Let’s a thunderous welcoming applause to the 15 new members who introduced themselves in Introductions! I predict more sunshine for the rest of the month over there.

Custom Cards… Ah we’ve felt a chilling breeze with xyz creations like yugiohmakermasta’s "Judgment of theWarlock", but also Synchros and Tuners like TOYO’s "Little Samurai – Sasuka-Gongen" and Pop Culture cards like Lucas the Flame’s Pokémon. If you’re looking for a more quiet stay, Written Cards might be for you. The Leaderboard has been touched by 2 windstorms that go by the names Mugendramon and Therrion, but my colleague Striker will cover these news more extensively.

The September banlist has created quite a tempest in the Yugioh TCG & OCG and Decks sections. People are busily sharing their theories and Deck builds. I wonder which cards will bring the next blow? Cardfight! Vanguard has also been at the source of several temperature changes lately.

Things are going at their usual pace in Creative Writing and Roleplay. We can particularly point out Accel II and The Grand Crossover RP for brightening up the place with activity. Temperate weather was reported at the Graphics sections, where Tormented, Plainview, Night, Catman25 and Sasha Braus are following their activities.

Mixed weather around the Multimedia corner. Glowing rays of Pokémon X Y sunshine have fallen upon Video Games and we can expect higher temperatures in the next days. Calm weather in the other areas.

General was temporarily invaded by thugs/pugs/mugs/bugs/slugs/drugs, but has since recovered while thinking about politics, future plans, everyday life and selcas.

A warm breeze can be reported in Clubs & Organizations with the coming of new clubs like Arts & Crafts, Cardmaker’s Cabal and the return of Club Espeon.

What’s next for us?

I’m Sumire and god bless mother nature.

Now! The moment you've all been waiting for! Let's get this show on the road. Coming to you live from the high seas!

First from the Game Room, we go live to Reporter Striker, who is also the host and organizer of the 1v1 section's Leaderboard! It's your's Striker!

This is
CardCenter_zps185d600e.png

Welcome to the first edition of CardCenter. I am your host, Nathanael D. Striker. The October-December Leaderboard season is in full swing, and the action is heating up. There is currently a tie between Therrion and Mugendramon for first place with a record of 3 wins and 1 loss followed by TechGenusMaster in third place with a record of 2 wins and no losses. Just as a notice to you all, the statistics given are current as of October 14th, 2013.

Focusing on the tie for first place in the Leaderboard, Therion and Mugendramon appear to be evenly matched with their respective records of 3 wins and 1 loss. With their only 1v1 to date, Therrion boasts a record of 1 win and no losses against Mugendramon. However, Mugendramon has been more dominant with a vote differential of 6 (10 votes for and 4 votes against) compared to Therrion’s vote differential of 4 (9 votes for and 5 votes against). These statistics don’t hold much weight considering the current season is in its second week, but the statistics do tell us we are in for an interesting season to finish off the year.

Speaking of Mugendramon, he is the subject of this edition’s interview. Today’s centerpiece is on the Leaderboard and its impact as well as Mugen’s thoughts about Therrion and their 1v1, but first we shall learn a bit about Mugendramon.

So Mugen, care to tell the readers a bit about yourself and your background on YCM?

Right. Mugendramon here. I've been here for the better part of four years (really, that long...), and I must say I've gone through a few things in this site.

From the most obvious starting point- making shitty cards- through a stay in the Absolute Powerforce, where I went under the name of BlindMonkey; meeting my best friend and various other very important people; a few scandals here and there (eh, Striker?) and a lot of playing this game... and |_)DigiQuartz(_| & |_)The Digital Revolution(_|, two clubs of which I was a very active, if not important part of... to the present, where I became a Mod for the C&O section in order to help Opal and sadly perhaps replace her when she leaves.

*deep breath* That's about it.

Yea, I still remember some of those scandals. Anyway, you sound more like a C/O person than a cardmaker. What initially made you start voting in Leaderboard 1v1s and eventually compete in them? Also, what keeps you going while we’re at it?

Let's not beat around the bush, I was flat out bored. My first opponent being Zanda- a guy I respect, personally- was a deciding factor in my getting into it. Then I just kinda started doing it for the hell of it.

Then I lost to Therrion. So it became game. F***ing. On.

I only plan to compete this season, but I intend to stick around for voting. I realized, after months of thinking this wouldn't work out at all, that it IS working. Some people get visibly better at making their cards and they sorta learn from each other. Sure, there are those who suck at it and might not be making their best efforts to change that... but some visible examples of the opposite can be seen here and there.

Speaking of Therrion, you two had a very interesting 1v1 when you both were 3-0. Care to give me your thoughts on that 1v1 and if there was something different that you could have done? Also, care to give me your thoughts on Therion’s cardmaking considering that you have seen his work from the previous seasons?

Oh, you misunderstand. I didn't even look at your Leaderboard before I gave it a shot. Maybe voted once or twice, but I sure as hell wasn't looking at what or whom I was voting for.

I'm going to be really clear and specific about why I lost to Therrion. I tried to fit a card effect to an image. The result was disastrous and it lost to a card which was less of a ruling nightmare... albeit still a bit more broken than the one I made if you ask me.

But holding grudges is a terrible policy, so anything I might have felt at that time, butthurt or somesuch, is gone now.

Alright, fair enough. You mentioned previously that the Leaderboard wouldn’t work at all. Any particular reasons why you thought this? I would ask why you changed your mind as well, but you touched a bit on that earlier. Though, you can go more in depth on that if you wish.

Though I'm a bit ashamed of how I saw it, the answer to that is simple. It was organized by you, and I didn't like your way of doing things very much.

This is no longer the case, but the reasoning behind the statement can kind of be seen today. Because while I realize that the cardmaking ability doesn't necessarily translate into your way of handling the tournament at all; look at the card you made. It doesn't inspire much confidence.

Though I'd rather avoid the subject since I'd rather not badmouth you while you interview me. Sorry about that.

It’s fine. I know my glory days are long gone and that I don’t make a lot of cards anymore, but I can still make a good card now and then. Though, I can still run some good card contests in spite of that. All that can be debated, but that’s for another day. Now to wrap up the interview, is their any advice you want to give to inspiring cardmakers who wish to compete in the Leaderboard or just in general?

Always finding a way to make it about you, eh? Heh, I'm kidding.

Play the goddamn game. You can't make good cards if you have no idea what players are looking for in cards.

Oh and learn the problem-solving card text and the way things are worded. It really makes your cards that much better. Because seriously nothing is more offputting than a terribly-written card.

Good day.

Thank you Mugen, and have a good rest of your day.

In other news, new members are taking advantage of the contests available and are either competing in ones already made or making their own. This is leading to an increased activity in the Card Contests forum, but at the price of quality as there have already been rule infractions for hosting more than one contest at a time or creating a contest that promotes bad card making. While I hope that this surge of activity continues, I pray that that activity starts picking up in quality as veteran cardmakers seem to be less inclined to participate in contests ran by new members due to their inexperience. Only time will tell if this becomes a reality.

Ladies and gentlemen, this has been CardCenter. Hope you have a good day and I’ll see you during our next edition. Now let’s turn it over to Broke.N with the Archetype of the Moment!

Yohohoho, yohohoho. Yohohoho, yohohoho. Yohohoho, yohohoho. Yohohoho, yohohoho.

Binsuku no sake wo, todoke ni yuku yo, umikaze kimakase namimakase. Shio no mukou de, yuuhi mo sawagu. Sora nya wa wo kaku, tori no uta. Sayonara minato, tsumugi no sato yo. DON to icchou utao, funade no uta. Kinpa-ginpa mo shibuki ni kaete. Oretachya yuku zo, umi no kagiri.

(Going to deliver Binks’ sake; following the sea breeze, riding on the waves. Far across the evening depths, the merry evening sun. Painting circles in the sky, birds singing along. Farewell to the harbour, to my old hometown. Let’s all sing out with a DON, as the ship sets sail. Waves of gold and silver dissolve to salty spray. As we all set sail to the ends of the sea.)

Ahoy there mateys, Broke. N here along the high seas, catching a pleasant sea breeze on this YCM Channel Cruise. Why on a pleasant day like this, what could go wrong?

*EXPLOSION NOISE*

Oh, look at that; something went wrong. Excuse me.

*Goes off camera for a moment, and then returns with a starfish bra*

Okay, I have some bad news, and some bad news. Aside from my latest fashion accessory the ship has been attacked by the lowest of the low, the sharks of the deep. We’ve come under assault, by the Atlanteans!

No, not that Atlantean.

Not that one either. I speak of course of the vile serpents that are aiding to make our fun little TCG a living hell. The Atlanteans are an archtype that made their major debut in their own Structure Deck Realm of the Sea Emperor, or Roar of the Sea Emperor for you OCGers out there. This Structure Deck complimented Onslaught of the Fire Kings, as a call back to the first original two Fire & Water Structure Decks. Of course, since they were made after the Machina Structure Deck, you know that they’re much better by comparison.

Fun little fact, despite making their debut as an archtype in this Structure Deck, the Atlanteans has actually existed for several years now as a single card. Now, way waay back in the far off days of 2008, there existed the Phantom Darkness booster pack, which was the last producer of booster based Normal Monsters until Absolute Powerforce with that crappy Unicycler card. In any case, the first Atlantean appeared alongside Gladiator Beast Andal in that booster pack, and he was crappy. Atlantean Pikeman was a vanilla that was Level 2, and had 1400 ATK. Which was worth a lot of hype.

Sarcasm aside, these new Atlanteans more than made up for their effectless brother.

[spoiler=The Atlanteans]

[spoiler=Pikeman]

Yeah, not much to say here, he’s just a weak vanilla not worth looking at.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Attack Squad]

This was the next in the series, and is pretty substandard. He’s just a beater meant to be used with the effect of Dragoons, but, he’s just eh really.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Marksman]

Ah, here we go. This guy is the first of the devilfish trio. His ability to literally snipe face down makes him a big threat, unless he hits a chainable, then you just wasted him. His first effect is typically used only when making the last big push, and much of the time you will be summoning Dragoons with him. He’s BFFs with Mermail Abyssmegalo by the way.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Heavy Infantry]

This guy is one nasty bugger, and in my opinion the most damaging of the devilfish trio. His ability to allow a second Normal Summon is what pretty much caused Deep Sea Diva to be limited due to her power-abuse potential combo with him and the Mermails. His face up destruction is pretty potent and can spell doom for some decks by destroying their most valuable card.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Dragoons]

The last of the devilfish trio. This guys’ first effect is pretty funny, since really he was supposed to work with Marksman and Attack Squad, but it kinda failed since his discard effect is much more powerful and potent. He can search for a member of an entire type; and while you can tell that’s powerful, I’ll explain a little later why this is a terrifying effect. Though of course now, due to how powerful his search is; he’s limited in the TCG and I say good bloody riddance.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Tridon]

This guy didn’t actually debut in the structure deck, but instead appeared alongside it in the Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy booster pack. This little guy is pretty much your chibi version of your boss like the now banned Dragon Ruler Chibis and Red-Eyes B. Chick. This guy is obviously meant to be easy access to Poseidra, as well as a weird tagged on power down meant to mimic Poseidras own effect. His main gimmick is naturally triggering any of the Devilffish trio by using them for the summon.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Poseidra]

Here’s the lord of the Atlanteans, and let me say right now: He’s pretty crap for what it’s worth. He’s not the boss they need, but definitely the one they deserve. He has a pretty costly summoning effect, again evidenced to be triggering the Devilfish trio, but really, there are way better outlets for their effects. If you do feel like using him, be sure to pack Swords of the Seven Stars and Tidal, he can at least get you some better draws.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Call of the Atlanteans]

Mass revival. I haven’t seen this card used much, but that’s because Salvage is a much more efficient card to play as you want that Atlanteans in your hand, and not on the field. The Lolwiki lists some combos with this card, including the summoning of 3 Spined Gillmans. So, I guess really, there may be some gimmicky decks around that use this but you probably won’t see them that often.

Though, I have learned recently that this card and Salvage have reduced use since Mermails are now the defacto Rank 7 spam deck; using Tidal’s self summoning power alongside the ancient sharks to get out Abyssgaios, Big Eye and Draccosac.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

So, as you can see, the Atlanteans are quite sparse in direct Archtype related cards; but that DOES NOT mean they’re alone. The Atlanteans, being both WATER and Sea-Serpents, have a whole host of allies and support to back up their formidable effects.

[spoiler=The Bestest Best of Friends]

[spoiler=Abyssteus, Abyssmegalo & Abyssleed]

Here are three cards you will see quite often so long as Mermails remain a deck. Abyssteus and Abyssmegalo are very big fans of the Atlanteans, largely because they work to fulfil each other’s effect requirements. Megalo is a pretty game ending card on his own, and his interactions with the Atlanteans just further augment his power. Abyssteus on the other hand, loves Atlanteans as much as he loves Abyssgunde. Really, can you blame him? For one Atlantean, you either pop a face up/down card, or search for a Sea-Serpent. And then you have Teus searching a Mermail on top of that plus he’s a wall to boot. And they’re all also Lv 7, so that means they can make their king Xyz with Tidal, speaking of Tidal-[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls]

He’s an evil SOB that’s for sure. As one of the four Dragon Rulers, he pretty much got to rule the meta for quite some time until his chibi form was banned, then they just Synchro and he’s used to make Abyssgaios with the Lv 7 Mermails. He is basically the centrepiece of an Atlantean based deck, and specifically more so in a Merlantean deck. His discard effect allows easy use of the Atlanteans, especially if you are currently under the effects of Vanity’s Emptiness; which I might add, will easily blow up if you use Heavy Infantry or Marksman to snipe a card to make even more of a plus.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Moulinglacia the Elemental Lord]

I haven’t heard a peep outta this guy for a long time, though that’s only because I can well assume his place was taken by Tidal in many Mermail decks, but back in the day, this guy was mean. He doesn’t specifically combo with the Atlanteans of course, but their love of being discarded lets them pile up in the grave to fuel the numbers needed to summon this beast. Though nowadays, I guess he’s just not worth it when you can more easily use Dragoons to search one of the Lv 7 Mermails or Diva.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Deep Sea Diva]

This saucy little harlot is now @1, and damn good thing too. I remember hearing on the grapevine about how she tended to combo with Heavy Infantry; generally that she would SS him from the deck to allow for an extra NS to either set-up Xyz or Synchro shenanigans. From what I recall it was because of this abuse that she finally got limited.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier]

With Diva hanging around, Synchro shenanigans are bound to happen, and this guy is a member of the Ice Barrier Dragons. A trio that did some heavy damage in their time, but as of the TCG he’s the only one still around. But that’s because he’s, err, what’s the word? I kinda forge- Oh right, fair. He’s actually a fair card since he’s not generic, and offers 242 destruction. Though that might be greater due to Marksman and Heavy Infantry.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Salvage]

… It has always been my stance that a card that targets is only ever as good as its targets, which is why Salvage is good. A nasty card really, it can search back 2 of the Devilfish trio, plus Diva and Vision or Shadow Gishki. It’s main use is of course to bring back pre-discarded Atlanteans so you can use them again, though it won’t work with Dragoons, but really, that’s a good thing. Though I have heard that some Mermail players are dropping this card in favour of more monster heavy builds due to the prominence of Rank 7 summoning with Tidal and the ancient sharks.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

.:Play Style:.

I’ll be honest, they don’t have one. As an archtype, their best use is as a toolbox in other WATER decks. Of course, since the only other relevant WATER deck is Gishki, who don’t use them, I should really be saying that they’re a toolbox to be used with the Mermails. I know I am haranguing on that archtype a lot, but let’s face it: The Atlanteans were made for the Mermails to abuse.

It’s funny, honestly. According to their lore the Atlanteans rule over the Mermails, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. The Mermail sharks quite clearly rule the Atlanteans with an iron fist; since they get the most abuse out of the Devilfish trio, and for those who pay close attention to Abyssgaios, they’d note that Poseidra is actually his lower section. That’s right, the almighty ruler of the sea gets to form the legs. Oh, how the mighty do fall.

Though, before the September banlist, the Merlantean alliance as they were called focused pretty intently on being a Rank 7 engine, because they still possessed 3 copies of Diva and Dragoon, as well as Tidals chibi form Stream still being around. Stream could discard an Atlantean to SS his older self Tidal and to trigger the Atlantean, such as Dragoons would the immediately search Abyssmegalo or Abyssteus. Who would then summon themselves through maybe another Atlantean or Abyssgunde/linde. And then Bob’s your uncle, Fanny’s your aunt, Rank 7 ahoy.

Post-September banlist, and being down 7 cards from their deck hurt their speed greatly; namely the loss of Stream. But this doesn’t mean the Merlanteans are out. The deck now favours a higher monster density, while only allowing 3 copies of Abyss-Sphere (EVIL!) and a small pocket of Spells to take part of the deck. The deck is now all about filling up the grave with monsters so you can keep on reviving Tidal again and again and again til the cows come home; and come home they will.

.:Pros & Cons:.

As is every card set, the Atlanteans have great strengths, and some weaknesses, which I will now share with you.

Pros

Powerful effects that make discarding for monster effects a 0 or +1.

Screw with card timings that would otherwise mess up plays, such as Torrential or Bottomless Trap Hole.

Many of them can be Salvaged.

Work seamlessly with the Mermail archtype.

Allow a steamrolling type strategy with their destruction effects.

Cons

Are dead in the hand if they can’t be discarded.

They’re pretty weak and don’t make good desperate defences.

Get halted by Vanity’s Emptiness (where they can‘t be discarded for the Lv 7 Mermails).

Won’t get their effects off if Macro Cosmos or Dimensional Fissure are on the field.

.:Decklist:.

Unless you’re playing pure Atlanteans, which is a bad idea, trust me: You won’t get nearly enough abuse out of them as you would the Mermails. So, I just so happen to have with me the Mermail decklist of the YCS Toronto 2nd place winner Sorosh Saberian (because I don’t know enough about derpmails to make my own functional deck that Black would be very quick to call me out on).

[spoiler=Decklist]

Monsters (34)

3 Mermail Abyssteus

3 Mermail Abysspike

3 Mermail Abysslinde

3 Mermail Abyssgunde

2 Mermail Abyssmegalo

1 Mermail Abyssleed

1 Mermail Abyssturge

1 Mermail Abyssocea

3 Atlantean Heavy Infantry

2 Atlantean Marksman

1 Atlantean Dragoons

3 Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls

3 Aqua Spirit

3 Maxx C

2 Effect Veiler

Spells (3)

3 Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps (3)

3 Abyss-Sphere

Extra Deck (15)

2 Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack

1 Mermail Abyssgaios

1 Number 11: Big Eye

1 Number 85: Crazy Box

1 Lavalval Chain

1 Abyss Dweller

1 Gagaga Cowboy

1 Bahamut Shark

2 Mermail Abysstrite

1 Leviair the Sea Dragon

1 Mechquipped Angineer

1 Wind-Up Zenmaines

1 Crimson Blader[/spoiler]

.:Final Thoughts & Additional Comments:.

In all, the Atlanteans (for now) don’t really exist as a fully functional archtype, but more of an extension of the Mermail family. Will they be expanded on later? Well, I guess that depends on when the weight of Konami’s wallet drops below 1 metric tonne.

Now, since I can’t just offer my own opinions on the matter, I asked some other duelists what they thought on the deck. And no Sora, I would never ask you. I don’t care if you play the deck, that doesn’t make your opinion valid.

Q: What is your thought on the Atlantean archtype as a whole?

evilfusion: I find the archetype in general to be extremely interesting in theory, as they get their effects only when sent to the Graveyard as a cost, which is all but unique in the game. Previously, Dark Worlds were frustrating due to them only working when discarded by an effect, making the distinction of cost/effect extremely crucial. Atlanteans operate on the same principle, but take the opposite approach by needing to be sent as a cost, and only for WATER monsters. This should have added a new dynamic to WATER Decks in general, as many WATER cards did discard or Tribute for costs.

Mugendramon: It's a clever selling method outside the game, and a very powerful set of engines put together in-game. Its most notezorthy members (see: the only ones who see play) make "cost" become "effect you can't respond to".

Q: What would you say is their greatest strength, and their greatest weakness?

evilfusion: Their greatest strength is probably the ability to toolbox their plays to some degree, since they usually have two effects, one that's relevant when used as a cost, and the other that's relevant when they're on the Field, such as Marksman's effect. In particular, the ability to search other Atlanteans for swarm or specific cost-plays.

As for weaknesses...they're very reliant on the Graveyard (but really, what isn't?) and if they're somehow unable to have their effects Triggered, their mid-level stats aren't particularly threatening to most players. Once they're low on cards, it seems more difficult to make a comeback because of how combo based they are.

Mugendramon: Well, their greatest strength is within its synergy with the Mermail archetype, particularly some of its Level 7 members.

Their weakness goes hand by hand with Mermails too: Without them to set them their cost effects off, their utility is heavily restricted.

Q: What would you have done different in the creation process (as in, from a design and game affecting point of view, and not from a soulless money grubbing point of view). And, how would you restrict their usage right now?

evilfusion: Mermails were the problem, I think. Atlanteans were more self-contained as an archetype, but Mermails gave abundant support to them, as well as to themselves, by having a wide variety of effects and monsters that discarded or Tributed as costs. It's obvious that Mermails were designed to abuse the Atlanteans, with their big Level 7 monsters sending WATER monsters as a cost, rather than being a Summon Condition. They were also quite a few Sea Serpents among them, giving Dragoons many more search targets. The more support Mermails got, the more ridiculous Atlanteans became with them.

I don't think Atlanteans themselves were problematic, but they also were lacking support without Mermails. I would probably say that Atlanteans and the concept of Mermails should have been merged from the beginning, rather than existing as two separate archetypes that just happen to have a ton of synergy. With that in place, Mermail support would have been toned down a little bit.

I don't really have enough experience with/against Atlanteans to give much input on how to currently restrict them, other than hitting Mermails' abusable cards, but I think the banlist already did that to some degree.

Mugendramon: I'd have given them their own actually-worthwhile-boss to work with rather than make them so half-assed that you have to buy another set of cards to make the most of them. Let's be honest, Atlanteans need Mermails because Poseidra sucks balls.

As for your second question, the OCG banlist was pretty effective at crippling them. Mermail Abyssteus is their greatest asset, and by being limited to 1, Mermails lost a lot of consistency. By extension, Atlanteans lose usefulness.

Have I made the point on Atlanteans being bad without Mermails yet?

Hmmmm, yes that does seem a bit odd Broke.N, but that isn't really a big deal!

Now I'd like to bring you back on the dry deck after that quick swim. With the recent release of Pokemon X and Y, the fourm has been buzzing with status posts and the thread has exploded! So, I'd like to introduce a few unique Pokemon related challenges for the audience to try!

Careful now, the Nuzlocke Corner is not for the faint of heart~

Challenge #1: Haremlocke

This challenge is based off the age old anime situation of one male, many women. Here are the conditions

1. If a Pokemon Faints, it is considered dead and is to be held in the PC or released.
2. If you run out of Pokemon (i.e. White/Black out) you lose.

Sounds all standard right? Here is where things change.

- The Starter is the only Male Pokemon allowed. If starter is Female, change to ReverseHarem conditions.
- Only allowed to catch the first Female Pokemon you encounter on a route, even if it's a duplicate.
*Easy Mode* No duplicates

- If all females in your party are fainted, you lose the game.
- If the male faints, you lose the game. (note: you do NOT have to use the male, though the all female condition still applies).
- You can only Save in Pokemon Centers.
- You cannot use Potions to heal, all healing must be done at a Pokemon Center.

*ReverseHarem: Should your starter be the 1/8 female, your challenge becomes the ReverseHaremlocke. All conditions are reversed, (Only Female allowed, All others must be Male, etc).

If anyone successfully completes this challenge, I'd love to hear from you! I might even go all out and deliver a prize!

Now before we cut to someone new, I'd like to introduce to you Thar. Normally, I'd be telling him to Shut up, but this time around he actually has something worth listening to. Lets go and see if we can get him on the other side.

Ah there we go, now this here is a joint segment meant to ease you into a relaxed state during the trip. What better way to relax than to tune your television to our show? Well there isn't one, but we've found a close second! Here ist Thar and Ich, with this episode's issue of Anime Watch!

XsHG23O.png

“Honor among thieves, is honor under the seas.”

Since we’re on a cruise, the anime I will be reviewing is called “My Bride is a Mermaid”. What could fit better than mermaids in this case?

Now before I delve too deep into this review, I must disclaim my approach: I watch anime usually only because it’s either indirectly suggested to me, or if the description of it is interesting enough for me to start the first episode. If I’m grabbed, I continue, but if it stales out on me, I drop it. However, if the plot stales out but the characters stay interesting, I keep watching. That is my main motif to devoting myself to watching an anime throughout its entirely; if I have a connection with the characters, be it out of relation or being just plain awesome to watch, I consider it a good anime.

As far as usual anime or general animation reviewers would approach such a medium, they would normally consider a handful of things: Animation, plot/storyline, characters, genre quality, and overall opinion. For me, animation and quality are all meaningless, considering the animation is merely the way it looks and not what it’s trying to portray, and the quality just doesn’t play well with the audience outside of the target blast zone. I will only consider the storyline and the characters, because those are the only things I look for in a show, specifically anime because I watch more of it and I can more easily point these elements out.

-

Storyline (WARNING! Contains spoilers):

Let’s start with the storyline. What am I looking for here? Well, let’s consider the following: It’s a love comedy, so anyone with one half of their brain melted away from streaming their lives away can figure out that there’s a love relationship going on and things are gonna turn out awkward. This is true in this case, especially since the young girl in the relationship is a f*cking mermaid and her father is the don of one side of a major fish-person clan whom rivals another in a long-running undersea war that’s been going on for years. Oh, and he’s also quite fragile for his small and weak daughter, at least for a big hunk of muscle and teeth.

Anyway, the story kicks off when a young boy (because hey, who else would it start out with?) named Nagasumi is drowning, and out of the blue (literally, cause he’s in the sea), a young mermaid saves his life. Now, you’d think that seeing her in this form would form some sort of debt on Nagasumi’s part, right? As in, he owes her for seeing such a supernatural trait that one would only mention in fairy tales?

Nope, turns out Sun, the mermaid’s name, feels indebted to Nagasumi for having him see her. So, just out of NOWHERE, she approaches him on his doorstep, in front of his parents, and just flat out asks for his hand in marriage. WHAT? Now, here’s the part where I say “damn, good thing I approached this anime with an open mind, otherwise I wouldn’t have been bothered by such an abrupt turning point.” I mean, talk about getting straight to the f*cking point. This ain’t no joke: The anime is about a bride who is a mermaid, so why would you waste your time leading up to that?

So yeah, the relationship sparks a flame between families like it usually would, only with a snowstorm of cocaine. Sun’s father - whom we shall call Mr. Seto, because a first-name basis is out of the question here – is pissed that his precious daughter is in a relationship with ANYONE, let alone with a human. Typical for the father of such a cute daughter right?

Either way, the relationship continues regardless of what he thinks, which is good, albeit a bit forced. Suddenly, a girl from the rivaling Edomae gang arrives. Just so happening to be a pop star, Lunar, the girl I’m talking about, “unexpectedly” runs into Sun (cause solar is the opposite of Lunar, hardy har), whom supposedly outmatches her in almost every way, even in fame. So in order to get even with her, she drags Nagasumi into it, complicating the relationship. Gee, as if that didn’t happen in pretty much ANY love-related show.

Later in the anime, Lunar’s father shows up – because honestly, a character without an existing father is just plain shallow. As a father who treats his daughter as his life, he does whatever he can to make her happy. Touching, isn’t it? Well, try telling that to Nagasumi while misunderstandings overlap with Mr. Edomae’s stone-cold rage against the lover in question. To be fair, though, Mr. Edomae is a walking sack of regret and shame, so sympathy drowns out the awkwardness of this misunderstanding.

The plot unfolds as the two girls tug back and forth with Nagasumi’s arms, which turns into a tri-tug when playboy merman Kai busts out of the gym floor and expresses his love for Nagasumi’s bride-to-be. The nerve, considering he refuses to believe that she is already betrothed to Nagasumi and pursues her anyway.

Other than that and other various plot-holes that mean nothing in the end, Nagasumi and Sun end up getting married and live happily ever after. The End. Touching, isn’t it?

-

Briefly analyzing this in my own perspective, besides the incredibly half-assed turning point and typical romantic subplots that’s supposed to make it interesting, I always love a happy ending in this regard. As long as things turn out as they should and all that drama and hype was worthwhile in the end, I’m happy.

8/10, because nitpicking this kind of anime is redundant either way. I might as well rip on an apple for being red on the outside and not red on the inside because I bit into the core without knowing I’m not supposed to eat it.

-Storyline- Second Opinion:

Being a fan of Romantic Comedies myself, I can look at this and say that it was well developed in terms of humor, though it didn't really bring anything new to the genre or use any of it's humor in a way that makes it funnier than normal. The overall storyline plays quite well into the comedy itself, and the ending while happy, leaves you going "what just happened" in a nice, lightly humorous way.

The only thing I say this anime could've done better with the storyline, is that it could've introduced less side-stories because only two of them actually got resolved, and that was because they also worked with the main storyline.

Overall my opinion is that this anime warrants a 9/15 for it's storyline.

-

Characters:

Moving onto the characters, which are the main reason why I stick to animes if the plot is stale. From a general standpoint, the characters weren’t the BEST, but they certainly have their own way of keeping things interesting. I’ll only be mentioning a handful of them, considering there are a bunch that show up, but they don’t really contribute to the plot.

Nagasumi Michishio – The main protagonist of the story. Not particularly interesting, but that compensates for the bond between the other characters. On his own, though, he is basically the punching-bag of the bunch, being stuck in the line of fire between several others and having no choice but to take it all. So my only real connection to this character is pity. Heck, even BEFORE sh*t hit the fan, his parents wail on him like he’s some troubled child, even though he never did anything wrong. They think he’s delirious, and they expect him to do better no matter WHAT he does. What terrible parents, I must say. So for pitiful reasons, and out of respect for the chemistry he brews in the story, I say he’s at least respectable for that. – 3/5

Nagasumi Michishio - He's nothing special when it comes to romantic comedy male leads, in fact aside from his hilarious facial expressions, he fits the standard Love-Comedy Hero so well he could be the Textbook image of one. 3/5

Sun Seto – The female supporting protagonist. She plays the wife-to-be of Nagasumi, taking the appearance of your average kawaii girl who is too innocent to catch a sexual joke. Despite being as stale as the main protagonist, she is somehow better at everything that her rival does, even in popularity. However, she is far too selfless to acknowledge it, which makes her more likable than pitiful in respect to Lunar. But still, she doesn’t really stand out aside from playing one of the main roles. – 3/5

Sun Seto - She's different from your usual Love-Comedy Heroine, as she is actually capable of caring for herself. Yes she is still the stereotypical airhead, but at the same time she has her own cool moments, actually contributes more than just love interest into the story, and can stand along side her Male counterpart. 4/5

Gozaburo Seto – Sun Seto’s father. Every romantic comedy needs a cute supporting female character and a beefy, overprotective father. Gozaburo plays his role almost TOO well. Being the don of the entire Seto clan, he’s about as intimidating as it gets, let alone for the future husband of his only daughter. Pretty much every second that passes with Nagasumi by his daughter, he’s got an eye out to kill him, or at least make his life hell. After all, with a guy as fearless and ruthless as Gozaburo, what can Nagasumi do? …oh yeah, that’s right… Gozaburo is terrified of cats. Everyone’s got a weakness, right? Nonetheless, I feel sorry enough for this guy that he stands out as a pretty good character. – 4/5

Gozaburo Seto - For an overbearing father, he'd probably have the highest reward and place in the hall of fame. He's also your stereotypical Mafia Don. Only thing special about him is in an episode where he takes "Parent-Child Bonding" waaaay to seriously. 3/5

Masa – Oh, Masa. So wise, so sexy, and so badass… at least to pretty much half the people who met him. From what I learned, this guy is supposedly the long lost brother of another character, Akeno Shiranui. He is also not afraid of cats, contrary to most other merfolk. Whenever he talks, those who listen feel a strange, no-homo love for him, especially Nagasumi, considering Masa gave him CPR in the first episode, which Nagasumi considers the “first kiss that he stole.” Nagasumi’s mom has the same feelings for Masa (I feel bad for his dad.) His role doesn't really contribute much to the storyline, though, other than just another supporter for Nagasumi and Sun’s relationship. Regardless, he’s pretty hard to not like. – 4/5

Masa - MASA-SAN~ *Ahem* Masa is your ideal henchman while at the same time the perfect alternate father figure. He's also the target for everyone's love fantasies, and with that afro, who can blame them. Sadly his story isn't really touched until towards the end and it's ending is kinda of a let down. Nonetheless Masa is one of the best characters from this anime. 4/5

Lunar Edomae – The rival of Sun Seto who takes on the role of a pop star. After she runs into Sun Seto, her jealousy of her drives Lunar to try and get even. As an easy path to Nagasumi, she moves in with him and Sun, which makes for a very awkward yet very interesting plot-shaker. Contrary to her cute and innocent pop star look, she its incredibly psychopathic and loves to mess around with Nagasumi, whom she calls her “manservant.” This side of her two-faced personality makes her pretty interesting, and it really adds to the drama when she officially kidnaps Nagasumi and makes Sun feel bad about herself. Heartless, but enjoyable, and she is a hoot to watch nonetheless. – 5/5

Lunar Edomae - Well, if we take a Tsundere and add about .05% Yandere and then mix in a spoiled, rich upbringing, you'd be able to recreate this character exactly. Mix in an severe inferiority complex and one of the most annoying evil laughs (accompanied by one of the most giggle inducing faces) and you've got yourself a perfect foil for your Heroine. Oh, not to mention that she also takes a liking to the main (as all supporting females do), and almost wins. If nothing else, you'll love to hate her. 4/5

Mr. Edomae - Lunar's dad. This guy is a f*cking stud. My immediate thought after seeing him for the first time was Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Terminator, which is actually how he's described on the wiki. Anyway, this guy is absolutely OBSESSED with his daughter, even more so than Gozaburo with Sun. He turns up like some assassin through Nagasumi's window and emotionlessly says he's gonna kill him. Though, surprisingly, he doesn't, and later on he's too busy trying to understand Lunar by cross-dressing in a girl's school uniform. Imagine someone twice your height, beefed up with muscle, whom you know as someone who could kill you with one punch, dressing up in a girl's school uniform and talking in a high-pitched voice. Yeah. But this guy is easily my favorite character. - 5/5

Mr. Edomae - The walking comic book character. He's easily the most random source of entertainment this anime has to offer. He purposely has NO PERSONALITY, and it's even admitted in-universe which makes it all the better. You can't help but at least grin when he's on screen. I mean how often do you get to see a guy go home by sinking into an Incinerator? Later on becoming a Gal Game player, and crossdressing, this guy is well executed and is youtube worthy for sure. 5/5

Kai Mikawa – Son of the head of the Mikawa Corporation and the richest boy in Japan. This guy claims to have a long-developed relationship with Sun and does everything in his power to have her marry him, despite Nagasumi already being her future husband. He has an immense fear of wide open and bright spaces due to a traumatic experience as a kid. So whenever he goes outside, he wears an astronaut suit, courtesy of his assistant, Chimp, a friend of Nagasumi who resembles… well… a chimp. Chimp refers to Kai as “his lord”, and he serves him for anything. As a character, Kai brings yet another twist to the plot, but to me, Lunar surpasses him in that regard. In my opinion, he is only enjoyable to watch when he fails to impress someone. – 3/5

Kai Mikawa - He's a plot device, nothing more nothing less. When he isn't fulfilling this role, he's kinda just there to screw up royally. Alongside his trusty sidekick Chimp, he usually ends up making any situation much worse. 2/5

Akeno Shiranui – A mermaid examiner and expert martial artist whom outmatches even Kai. Not much can be said about her, other than the fact that her long-lost brother is dat suave Masa. Besides being a badass with a sword, she is almost never showing emotion, which isn’t very interesting to me. And she’s always writing notes about other mermaid’s behaviors, which seems rather redundant because, hey, everyone’s weird in their own way. Leave them alone. – 2/5

Akeno Shirauni - She's pretty much the ideal child of Cloud Strife and a random Mermaid, though you'd never be able to tell because you see her tail all of once and it's during a gag scene. She has almost no personality and doesn't really contribute anything special except to start up a new part of the story. 1/5

Now Thar neglected to notice one of the most important characters in the entire series. So I'll have him Shut up for a moment to add in my own opinion on this character.

Class Rep - Woe to her and the lack of respect she is given. The iconic glasses girl of the series, she is given a couple of episodes of her own. Often ignored to the point of not even having her name mentioned in the anime, you can't help but root for the girl, even though you can see exactly how things are going to end. 4/5

-

Those are all the characters I chose to go over because they stood out the most in the anime. Combining the total ratings, that gives a total result of 29/40, making a gross rating of 7.3/10.

Overall the characters earned a 30/45. Not a bad rating overall.

Now as far as evaluating the storyline and the characters, I can get pretty nitpicky, but when it comes to romantic comedies such as this anime, it’s hard to really evaluate it with a serious mindset. It almost defeats the purpose of watching it altogether with that approach.

So as an overall personal opinion on this anime, I enjoyed it. It took until episode 3, given that I jumped in ready to point out all of its flaws, but after it started to sink in, I found it easy to watch. It’s hilarious, it’s cute, it’s the most tolerable version of awkward, and there are parts where I was just like “WHAT THE F*CK?” Nonetheless, it was okay to say the least.

Final rating8/10

Rewatch valueMedium, considering I almost NEVER rewatch TV shows.

I'd rate this as a Moderate rewatch value with a High recommendation to anyone looking for laughs.

and remember folks:

Honor under the sea, is really Honor amongst Thieves.

Now, we don't want to burn you out just yet. So we'll take a break and relax with a few riddles.

Riddle 1

„Ah the autumn breeze that waves over this part of the deck… Oh, I must have dozed off. *hears crew phone ringtone* Hello? A passenger hasn’t been seen since the afternoon? …Alright, I’m noting it. Female, student, artist, right? Someone with a talent for drawing. Did she board alone or with someone else? …Ah you say she came on her own, but was often seen with Toshino Kyoko, DL, artists, cardmakers, TCG and Anime/Manga fans. Did they notice anything lately? …'right, friends alerted a crew member when she didn’t show up at a concept discussion round. Noted. Anything else that could help us find her? …Ah, she’s been a client since 2008 and used different names in the past, including My Little Pony allusions. Witnesses said she showed great interest into the new Pokémon games. Noted, this should narrow down the search. I’ll inform my colleagues.“

Riddle 2

Since he laid his anchor in 2007, this member has been sticking around, though more on the discrete side, and made a comeback with the release of the Pokémon X Y games. His current signature is pretty steamy, his avatar rather ‘fiery’ and member title one of few words. As a cardmaker and TCG player, his latest creations were mostly singles or smaller sets, with the exception of one 20+ Archetype in Written Cards that seemed very suitable for his name. Oh, and a recent Set from this month was related to money and luck.  ;)

Don’t hang out in these parts on the forum? Well here’s another ship of clues: 2 parts make up his name. One refers to an authority figure, the other may be linked to many things. As a celestial body, the latter is a moon that orbits Saturn. As a mythical figure, he was part of an epic battle and related to the sun, moon and dawn. We also link the name to companies, programs, warfare and yes, there’s a yacht too.  :D

Who is it? To find out, turn towards the Pokémon X Y thread (or the sky if you want).

Now, our time together is winding to a close. However, before you sail off into the sunset, Sumire and I would like to deliver unto you und all those interested, a suggestion for the upcoming time of Hallows.

5ClNJR2.gif

Good evening again to the YCM Channel watchers! October has been gracing us for a few days and Halloween is already at our doors (wow, when did that happen?). The time has come to dish out the jack-o’-lanterns, broomsticks and ghost decoration again. Will you go trick-or-treating? Or spend a nice evening with spooky movies or literature? Whatever is on the schedule, I know the YCM Channel has something planned for you *hint*.

But what if you do intend to go somewhere, but don’t know what to dress up as? Well the YCM Channel has compiled a list of (hopefully) creative and original Halloween costume ideas for you.

Some will be greeky, some pretty out there and others perhaps generic to you. Most are meant to be pretty wallet-friendly though (with a few more elaborate exceptions) and some can be made from scratch or from altered pieces.

At first I wasn’t sure whether I should make a top list or classify the ideas between their characteristics like least expensive, scariest, most creative, etc. But I figured I could combine the best of both worlds so here we go.:3

Let’s start with something that doesn’t quite raid your wallet.

8 ) Memes & pop culture icons or "The most budget-friendly on the list"

Although pretty gimmicky and insider-like, people dressing up as meme faces or pop culture allusions have slowly, but surely been showing up. This is mostly due to the growing use and popularity of Internet phrases outside of the web (n00b, dat shit cray) and the presence of ‘viral’ songs like « Gangnam Style » and « What the Fox Say? ».

People imitating the elevator guy have popped up on my newsfeed and you might have seen a few, but how can you dress up as a meme (or another social, mindly amusing invention)? Well I liked how this guy did it.

905639.jpg

But like I said, this is pretty type-dependant and not something anyone might be able to puff off anywhere so the 8th spot seems fair for the Gangnam Style cast, meme faces and next web craze.:3

7) The most I-don’t-really-want-to-wear-a-costume-but-still-look-like-something

dd43m.jpg

Some people enjoy dressing up for Halloween. But dressing up as someone else? Perhaps less so. Yet if you don’t want to spoil the fun, but the pumpkin heads and ghost blankets aren’t doing anything for you, most people will lean towards 2 options: Not dressing up at all or grabbing something vampire-ish or Gothic-looking. You know the drill: skulls, spiders, devil horns, etc.

One accessory I’ve seen a lot beyond people who don’t want to stick with traditional cats and bats were eyeballs. You can grab them at crafting or costume stores or even make them yourself as shown her. Kyary, the singer in the Pon Pon Pon video stuffed them into her hair, but I’ve seen people wearing them on watches, hats, belts, etc. Other body parts work as well: Any arms or legs from broken dolls or toys can easily seal the deal here.

6) Corrupted heroes

w17eaa.jpg

2 things come to mind here: Of course rather than picking a hero like Batman or Captain America, you can take inspiration from the villains like the Joker. He’s a very popular option for Halloween costumes.

But on the other hand, instead of going as the regular Spiderman, Daredevil, etc., why not take your favourite comic hero and go as a darker version on Halloween? Think Thor who looks like he got hit by his own hammer (or someone else’s) or X-Men with creepy malformations. Storm or Wolverine with more ghoulish looks have always appealed to me… The consequence? You will either look derpy or like the real thing who actually got into fights and shows it.xD

5) Any roles that are either related to Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter or the Tim Burton universe

kcb3md.jpg

Pretty self-explanatory. Tim Burton’s universe is very Halloween-inspired, Helena Bonham Carter is known for her roles like Bellatrix in the Harry Potter movies and Johnny Depp…didn’t only play in Pirates of the Caribbean, Edward Scissorhands and Sweeney Todd, but he also had his parts in Public Enemies, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus and Secret Window. To imitate his role in the latter, old or old-looking long garments in warm tones are the way to go, along with the obligatory glasses and stylishly-messy hair.

4) Umineko no Naku Koro ni or "my favourite beyond many animation or visual novel options“

fnfck7.jpg

Basically the more colourful version of the suit-up-with-blood count costumes.

I’ve always liked the way Umineko characters looked and of course since the characters shed quite some blood in the series, it instantly reminded me of Halloween. Actually most of what 07th Expension does is quite dark so there you go. If you’re a girl, there are witches with fancy dresses in the franchise, so-called furniture characters like the Siestas or Seven Sisters of Prugatory as well as characters like Ange with the red hair and school uniform. If you’re a guy, Battler Ushiromiya (the protagonist) or Juuza Amakuza (Ange’s boyguard) might be options.

To add an extra Halloween twist, you can go for things like patches, blood traces, fake wounds that look like you ran into the Seven Sisters of Purgatory, etc. (Or even give Eva-Beatrice a tribute with some cake galore.xD)

3) Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction (Quentin Tarantino universe) or "The most group-friendly"

2d7egoy.jpg15f6hbo.jpg

Well most ideas on the list are pretty group-friendly and can easily be done with other people. Something I’d like to do one day is grabbing people and going somewhere as the cast from any Tarantino movie. Kill Bill is a good option since there’s the Black Mamba with her yellow full-body suit, the creepy schoolgirl, Bill himself as well as the rest of the assassins. None of them wear anything really outlandish and hard-to-pull-off, but the weapons they use (if you want to add them) might require some effort and creativity. Retro movies or slightly older movies like Pulp Fiction are good to go to.

2) TV series or "Possibly the most versatile"

14y4ao5.jpg

Yes, Dexter is cool and so are the bloodstained doctor’s of Grey’s Anatomy. But with the large number of TV shows that have been released lately, the options have increased too. Actually any character within the crime series genre or someone who is somewhat related to forensics, police departments or murders might be a good pick. Or take out the meth lab and go for Breaking Bad? Other series that come to mind and that may offer ideas for the occasion are Games of Thrones, Revenge and Hannibal.

But who got the pole position? Actually it’s no one other than…

2pripoy.jpg

jk

Vampires have literally been done to death and don’t exactly deserve a spot here imo.

The actual first spot goes to:

1) The Yugioh franchise

Yeah, I‘m not kidding.

2qcdm5k.png 25tyhwn.png

lolno I’m not going anywhere dressed up as a children’s cardgame card, might be your first reaction. There’s something about it, but that’s also assuming that people know what you’re dressing up as. Unless you dish out your full-body Sangan costume (why not?), the majority will just think your costume looks cool. Add the fact that Halloween is supposed to be about having fun dressed up as whatever you feel like as well as the assumption that most people don’t care.xD

But outer aspects aside, I don’t even follow the Yugioh franchise that closely these days, but the amount of cards that could pass for Halloween costumes surprised me.

Tour Guide has become a staple in the Yugioh cosplay world and gives off a strong Halloween vibe. Her look isn’t hard to coordinate, which is definitely a plus. Only the hat and the red thorns on the suit may require some research, but the rest is fairly straight-forward.

Gorz is sexy, but like Gimmick Puppet, the Dark World line, the Sky Plagues and the Fabled cards, he’s more of a seasoned crafter interest for the next cosplay sumnit rather than a quick option for Halloween. One exception among the latter archetype that I would really love to see and that doesn’t seem quite as fancy-schmancy in details is Fabled Krus.

Other cards and archetypes that could pass for the upcoming holiday are the Ghostricks which are a spookfest of Eastern and Western figures, the Dark Scorpions and really most Spellcasters and/or DARK types.

As you can see, the universe we’re so used to here can be quite interesting if you’re in search for a creative Halloween costume that not everyone is wearing. So I gave it the first spot because of the sheer possibilities.:3

Also 2 epic winners who didn't quite make it on the list, but still need to be featured:

ifvcdc.jpg

Botched Ecco Homo fresco

2gua234.jpg

The Hangover

Well, this is what I came up with. What will you dress up as for Halloween? Do you have any ideas that we forgot to mention? Actually the user who posts the most creative idea here that isn’t on the list will be rewarded with one of our winner tickets, so don’t be shy and share your thoughts!

Thats all we have for this episode! We hope you enjoyed today's presentation, and look forward to seeing you again!

Auf Wiedersehen!

One thing:

According to the Gagaga Academy Tospedia, the Mermails LET the Atlanteans believe they're in charge, so they try to murder the Fire Kings. Poseidra's actually a fucking moron, hence why Gaios has him kinda-sorta absorbed into Gaios.

It also could have used a little more detail into how the deck actually plays/other key cards (Ocea, Bahamut Shark, Mechquipped Angineer), but it's understandable as to why there isn't, as you said yourself that you have minimal experience with them.

All in all, a major improvement in the section since last week.

Considering how the anime reviewed is relatively unknown (I say this because I have actually never heard of it before), I don't think putting a review with spoilers was exactly a good idea, especially as most of the time, reviews are meant to tell you if an anime is worth watching or not.

Considering how the anime reviewed is relatively unknown (I say this because I have actually never heard of it before), I don't think putting a review with spoilers was exactly a good idea, especially as most of the time, reviews are meant to tell you if an anime is worth watching or not.

I was worried someone would mention that, seeing as how there are indeed spoilers. But honestly, I didn't think it was that big of a deal. But yeah, next episode, I'll try to avoid that. It's actually pretty hard to write a review of something without spoiling it while at the same time explaining why it's good or not, cause what usually makes an anime interesting is its plot twists, which are the most sensitive to bring up to an unfamiliar audience.

I was worried someone would mention that, seeing as how there are indeed spoilers. But honestly, I didn't think it was that big of a deal. But yeah, next episode, I'll try to avoid that. It's actually pretty hard to write a review of something without spoiling it while at the same time explaining why it's good or not, cause what usually makes an anime interesting is its plot twists, which are the most sensitive to bring up to an unfamiliar audience.

You could just put any spoilers in a spoiler.

To be fair, Thar did warn you that spoilers were involved. However I did find it odd myself, but I figured it was his article mainly so it was his decision.

Also, I did receive the PMs, and I am looking into the answer now (as I didn't write the riddles). I'll be sure to inform everyone once I have the info.

You could just put any spoilers in a spoiler.

Thinking about it, I see no point in doing so, considering whoever has seen it won't pay much mind to the observation, and the people who haven't might be tempted to click it anyway.

Archived