Manga Cards #2 and 3 - Photon Jumper and Photon Baby

玄魔の王

Continuing the trend I started with Starship Adjust Plane, I decided to give Kaito's Manga Photons some buffing to make them fit with his Galaxy-Eyes/Number Hunting deck.

avg1rJg.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: Special Summon as many "Photon Baby"(s) as possible from you Deck in face-up Attack Position, then immediately after this effect resolves, Xyz Summon 1 Xyz Monster using all "Photon Baby"s you control only. During your End Phase: return this face-up card to your Deck.

7kIZDGE.jpg

When your opponent Special Summons a monster(s): you can Special Summon this card from your hand in face-up Attack Position. When you do: target 1 Level 4 "Photon" or "Galaxy" monster in your Graveyard (if possible); regardless, this card's ATK becomes 2000, and if it does, Special Summon that target (if any) in face-up Defense Position, but its effect is negated and its ATK becomes 2000.

Photon Baby had no written effect in the manga so it can be assumed to be vanilla, and Photon Jumper seemed like the most sacky stall card ever. I believe I've fixed these issues.

Baby is just strange. What are you supposed to do with it, stall with Galaxy Queen? Win with Lionheart? At least if you accidentally draw an extra you can make Slacker.

Jumper is interesting. It would be a constant threat hanging over your opponent's head even if the only Photon monsters in your Deck were more Photon Jumpers. Back it up with no Traps and your opponent will be afraid to Special Summon any utility monsters. Back it up with many Traps and suddenly you have an engine. I don't like how if you already control a monster, your opponent now needs to punch through three monsters to prevent you from Xyzing the next turn with something in your hand. I do like how Galaxy Wizard is the best target.

Baby is just strange. What are you supposed to do with it, stall with Galaxy Queen? Win with Lionheart? At least if you accidentally draw an extra you can make Slacker.

Jumper is interesting. It would be a constant threat hanging over your opponent's head even if the only Photon monsters in your Deck were more Photon Jumpers. Back it up with no Traps and your opponent will be afraid to Special Summon any utility monsters. Back it up with many Traps and suddenly you have an engine. I don't like how if you already control a monster, your opponent now needs to punch through three monsters to prevent you from Xyzing the next turn with something in your hand. I do like how Galaxy Wizard is the best target.

The idea behind Baby is to make Rank 1 3-Mats playable. Whatever the player chooses to do with it after that is entirely at their discretion, but Baby has done its job.

Seeing Jumper Stun as a deck sounds kinda funny actually. I debated making it Spellcaster instead of Warrior, but since Spellbooks are a thing that sounds like a worse idea.2000 isn't especially hard to kill anymore, especially with Jeweled Red Dragon and stuff like that going around. Basically, I wanted something that could make Galaxion more consistently.

Archived