HJPh0JR.jpg

Rank-Up-Magic Astral Force

Normal Spell Card

Target 1 face-up Xyz Monster you control with the highest Rank; Special Summon 1 Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck whose Attribute and Type are the same as the selected monster’s, but 2 Ranks higher by using that targeted monster as the Xyz Material. (This counts as an Xyz Summon, and all Xyz Materials attached to that monster also becomes Xyz Material for the new monster.) If this card is in your Graveyard, during your Draw Phase: You can add this card from your Graveyard to your hand instead of conducting your Normal Draw for the turn. During the turn you activated this effect, you cannot Special Summon monsters, except by using “Rank-Up Magic Astral Force”

It's in Legacy of the Valiant. This hasn't been nerfed nearly as hard as I expected, but it's still quite a nerf. 

POSSIBLE COMBOS (By Rank)

Rank 1:

Number 63: Shamoji Soldier --> Mechquipped Angineer

Number 54: Lion Heart ---> Invoker

Ghostrick Dullahan ---> C65/C96

Rank 2:

Herald of Pure Light ---> Number 102/Vylon Disigma/Princess Cologne/Fairy Cheer Girl/Number 16 (nope)

Gachi Gachi --> Gem-Knight Pearl/Number 106

Number 65/Number 96 ---> Roach/Number 85/Maestroke/Evilswarm Thanatos/Evilswarm Nightmare

Number 64 ---> Diamond Dire Wolf

Rank 3:

Grenosaurus --> Volcasaurus

Number 48/Ghostrick Alucard ---> Bram

Chronomaly Crystal Chrononaut ---> C69

Invoker ---> Number 12/CXyz CH Legend Arthur

Lavalval Ignis/Cheat Commissioner ---> C105

Mechquipped Angineer --> Tiras

Soul of Silvermountain/Giant Soldier of Steel ---> Number C106

C65/C96 ---> Adreus/Number 53

Rank 4:

Utopia/Utopia Ray/Papilloperative/HC - Excalibur/Number 10/Paladynamo/One-Eyed Skill Gainer/Photon Alexandra Queen ---> Photon Strike Bounzer

Evolzar Laggia/Dolkka --> Evolzar Solda

Number 57 ---> Evolzar Solda

Gagaga Cowboy/CH King Arthur/Shadow of the Six Sams - Shien/Zubaba General/HC - Gandiva/HC - Kusanagi ---> Gauntlet Launcher/Sword Breaker

Number 104 ---> Norito

Fairy King Albverdich ---> Fairy Knight Ingunar

Infernal Flame Vixen ---> Basiltrice

Number 91 ---> Atum

Downerd Magician/Alchemic Magician ---> Magi Magi

Constellar Praesepe ---> Number 6/Number 25/Constellar M7

Rank 5:

Zenmaioh ---> Dracossack/Number 42

Tiras ---> Number 7

Number C104 ---> Hierophant of Prophecy/Number 11

Number C101 ---> Abyssgaios

Empress of Prophecy ---> CXyz Simon

Rank 6:

Photon Strike Bounzer ---> Felgrand

Atum ---> Heliopolis/Thunder End Dragon/Number 46/Number 107/Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon

Rank 8:

Googly-Eyes Drum Dragon ---> Gustav Max

I got really scared for a moment. Then I read the text again.

Interesting. So you have to use the monster of the highest Rank, and it has to be EXACTLY two Ranks higher, plus the same Type and Attribute. Hmm...plus you can't SS the turn you use its Draw Phase effect, other than by Astral Force.

I'm a bit stumped, actually. What is this good for? I mean REALLY good for? Because right now, I'm still leaning towards using regular Rank-Up Magics, even though they're restricted to Number Cs/CXyz, and this isn't.

So does this mean that the New Order monsters will all be the same type, or just that they won't be released at all? Because I want them to be released. Also, if they wee, this card couldn't summon Etheric Amen.

OT: There must be a way to abuse this card, there's just gotta be. You can go Utopia--->Strike Bounzer--->Felgrand, which is pretty cool, but you'd need to dedicate extra deck space to it. The recursion effect is sweet though.

It's in Legacy of the Valiant. This hasn't been nerfed nearly as hard as I expected, but it's still quite a nerf. 

Rank 2:

Herald of Pure Light ---> Number 102/Vylon Disigma/Fairy Cheer Girl/Number 16 (nope)

Gachi Gachi --> Gem-Knight Pearl/Number 106

Number 65/Number 96 ---> Roach/Number 85/Maestroke

Rank 3 and 4:

Grenosaurus --> Volcasaurus

Utopia/Papilloperative/Excalibur/Number 10/Paladynamo ---> Photon Strike Bounzer

Evolzar Laggia/Dolkka --> Evolzar Solda

Number 57 ---> Evolzar Solda

Gagaga Cowboy ---> Gauntlet Launcher

Number 48/Ghostrick Alucard ---> Bram

Mechquipped Angineer --> Tiras

Chronomaly Crystal Chrononaut ---> C69

Number 104 ---> Norito

Invoker ---> Number 12

Lavalval Ignis/Cheat Commissioner ---> C105

Rank 5 and 6:

Photon Strike Bounzer ---> Felgrand

Atum ---> Heliopolis/Thunder End Dragon/Number 46/Number 107/Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon

Zenmaioh ---> Dracossack/Number 42

Tiras ---> Number 7

You forgot a couple others.

Googly-eyes Drum Dragon ---> Gustav Max

Number C104 ---> Number 11

Yeah... Not nerfed enough.

Perfectly understandable nerf, but it's just not good enough to run outside of something specific, which is again confounded by the lack of a searcher for RUM.

It's not as bad as they could've nerfed it, but it still doesn't seem that good. The biggest thing that did it in was specifically two ranks. If it were1-2 the card would've been really decent.

Who was it who called type and attribute match requirement? They nailed it. I'm surprised it went to exactly two, but oh well, a lot of Tour Guide shenanigans remain.

It was probably me.

EDIT: It was kingdom neos who said it first.

Card has a bunch of combos, then. But it requires dedication, which is good. Otherwise, this would be way too good.

While Rank 3s appear to benefit from this card the most, I think instantly pulling out a Bounzer has merit too. And you can then rank it up into the other guy next turn. A spiral of Rank Ups...but weaker compared to the anime.

Number 63: Shamoji Soldier --> Mechquipped Angineer --> Tiras---> Number 7

Before your opponent realizes it, you have a Big Eye in a non-Rank 7 deck. XD

Now they need to print a Rank 7 DARK Dragon. Make its effect terrible (Or Red-Eyes support or something) so that I can justify the Rank-Up into Heart-eartH Dragon.

On second thought, don't print a Rank 7 Dragon. That just screams to be abused.

Oh well, Utopia into Strike or Cowboy into Gauntlet is nice enough for now.

Don't see how this is better than Limited Force for C69 since Limited can make C69 out of any Rank 4.

Because between this and Tour Guide, Rank 3 is now a toolbox deck of insane proportions, and C69 is among the most insane of them all. I never said it was BETTER, but that application alone sells me on Astral Force.

Because between this and Tour Guide, Rank 3 is now a toolbox deck of insane proportions, and C69 is among the most insane of them all. I never said it was BETTER, but that application alone sells me on Astral Force.

There's also the fact that Angineer can maybe survive long enough to be Ranked Up to Tiras, as well Grenosaurus into Volcasaurus.  Rank 3 is really the best Rank for this card.

There's also the fact that Angineer can maybe survive long enough to be Ranked Up to Tiras, as well Grenosaurus into Volcasaurus. Rank 3 is really the best Rank for this card.

Or that Invoker can instantly become Number 12 and protect you up to 3 turns. And while Rank 3 is the best, Rank 4 isn't far behind, given the number of ways to make Bounzer and Launcher.

I, on the other hand, choked on my breakfast for a bit.

This is going to be another of those situations where cards from distant sets have unintended, gamebreaking interactions, isn't it?

Considering C69 and this are in the same set, and Tour Guide is STILL at 2, I'm gonna say it's decidedly NOT unintentional. Konami is trying to kill us.

Archived