Noble Knights

I'll join in and make more recommendations after I get a better understanding of the archetype from you guys. Level/Rank 4/5 Warrior Powertool Dragon Xyz build? =3

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Noble_Knight

First combo I would do would be Magnum Shield on anything. Normal Monster Artorgius has potential to be a 3600 ATK beater with it.

Swords At Dawn with Noble Arms- Gallatin. Great combo in my book.

Works with most other Noble Arms, too. I just liked this one for the ATK boost. 

Gemini Trap Hole? Supervise? Knight Day Grepher? Photon Thrasher? I had more for this than I thought. Yugioh Wiki helps too.

Goblinbergh and Heroic Challenger- Extra Sword? Maybe not the second one, and maybe not even the first if you like a LIGHT build. Honest?

I'll join in and make more recommendations after I get a better understanding of the archetype from you guys. Level/Rank 4/5 Warrior Powertool Dragon Xyz build? =3

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Noble_Knight

First combo I would do would be Magnum Shield on anything. Normal Monster Artorgius has potential to be a 3600 ATK beater with it.

Swords At Dawn with Noble Arms- Gallatin. Great combo in my book.

Works with most other Noble Arms, too. I just liked this one for the ATK boost. 

Gemini Trap Hole? Supervise? Knight Day Grepher? Photon Thrasher? I had more for this than I thought. Yugioh Wiki helps too.

Goblinbergh and Heroic Challenger- Extra Sword? Maybe not the second one, and maybe not even the first if you like a LIGHT build. Honest?

Wait why do you have Gemini Support for an Archetype that doesn't need and can't use it?

However, I'll contribute by posting my build from the deck board. Too bad PercyPro doesn't have the Rank 5 King Arthur yet:

BezjNjg.png

1x Noble Knight Artorigus

2x Lady of the Lake (Ammonite)

2x Ignoble Knight of Black Laundsallyn

2x Noble Knight Drystan

3x Noble Knight Gawayn

1x Noble Knight Gwalchavad

2x Noble Knight Borz (Joan)

3x Noble Knight Medraut

1x Unknown Synchron

1x Book of Moon

1x Dark Hole

1x Foolish Burial

2x Forbidden Lance

2x Noble Arms - Arfeudytr

2x Noble Arms - Excaliburn (Cthonian Alliance)

2x Noble Arms - Gallatin

3x Noble Arms of Destiny

1x Reinforcement of the Army

1x Botomless Trap Hole

2x Breakthrough Skill

1x Compulsory Evacuation Device

1x Solemn Warning

1x Sixth Sense

Extra Deck:

3x Ignoble Knight of High Laundsallyn (X-Saber Wayne)

1x Ally of Justice Catastor

-

2x Artorigus, King of the Noble Knights

2x Sacred Noble Knight of King Artorigus (Crimson Knight Vampire Bram)

1x Blade Armor Ninja

1x Constellar Omega

1x Constellar Ptolemy M7

1x Gagaga Cowboy

1x Heroic Champion - Excalibur

1x Maestroke the Symphony Djinn

1x Starliege Paladynamo

I still think this deck is so strong that it could run Solidarity and not get clogged up. I see many build running Unknown though. Why? Isn't Lady of the Lake good enough? Still, I admit that Unknown is somewhat fitting. 

This doesn't seem like a deck that would often run staples. Instead, I think it is powerful enough to sustain itself with little staple support, and instead focuses on solely Spell cards, and run Royal Decree. I said this in an earlier post on another thread, but I felt it needed to be said.

For the deck above:

Maybe lose the Lances? And it doesn't hurt to run more than 40 cards. 45 is a good wall for less fast decks, in my opinion. 

I almost forgot to read the card list above. I seriously thought you were running Cthonian Alliance. XD

Rescue Rabbit, anyone? Again, I really like Magnum Shield. Is there a reason not to run it? =3

I still think this deck is so strong that it could run Solidarity and not get clogged up. I see many build running Unknown though. Why? Isn't Lady of the Lake good enough? Still, I admit that Unknown is somewhat fitting. 

This doesn't seem like a deck that would often run staples. Instead, I think it is powerful enough to sustain itself with little staple support, and instead focuses on solely Spell cards, and run Royal Decree. I said this in an earlier post on another thread, but I felt it needed to be said.

For the deck above:

Maybe lose the Lances? And it doesn't hurt to run more than 40 cards. 45 is a good wall for less fast decks, in my opinion. 

I almost forgot to read the card list above. I seriously thought you were running Cthonian Alliance. XD

Rescue Rabbit, anyone? Again, I really like Magnum Shield. Is there a reason not to run it? =3

In order:
I disagree. The way noble knights work revolves around getting Noble Arms and performing either Xyz shenanigans or now Synchro shenanigans, you really need space for what is important, and Gallatin can help Noble Knights beat face a lot better than Solidarity (not to mention that Lady of the Lake is an Aqua). The deck also has enough monster removal to not need big ATK.

People run Unknown because it's a generic Tuner that can be used for generic Synchros as well as for Laundsallyn. It's versatile and can bring out Laund/Catastor turn 1 fairly easily, and if you're into that sort of thing, it can even be revived, unlike Lady.

I actually experimented with a Decree build, but I realized that Noble Knights need the protection from spells and monster effects a lot more than they suggest. This is why I run protection cards, Lance, Breakthrough, etc. A single bottomless can stymie an entire turn, and in testing, I had a lot of problems with Battlin' boxers.

The standard rules still apply here. 40 cards helps you get what you want faster and more effectively.

Rabbit would be more useful if you didn't need to run so many other knights/Artorgius was more generic. as it stands, 3 Artorigus is far too many, and even two clog. 1 is good, and therfore Rabbit doesn't have a place.

Magnum Shield falls into the same category as solidarity. It just gives a monster an ATK boost, but isn't searchable, nor does it react in useful ways with Noble Knights. With the addition of King Artorigus, Noble Knights now have two means of blowing up monsters that are bigger than they are (within the archetype, this doesn't count the Xyz and Synchros they can make). Having bigger ATK doesn't help nearly as much as just popping the monster.

In order:
(not to mention that Lady of the Lake is an Aqua)

People run Unknown because it's a generic Tuner that can be used for generic Synchros as well as for Laundsallyn. It's versatile and can bring out Laund/Catastor turn 1 fairly easily, and if you're into that sort of thing, it can even be revived, unlike Lady.

I actually experimented with a Decree build, but I realized that Noble Knights need the protection from spells and monster effects a lot more than they suggest. This is why I run protection cards, Lance, Breakthrough, etc. A single bottomless can stymie an entire turn, and in testing, I had a lot of problems with Battlin' boxers.

Rabbit would be more useful if you didn't need to run so many other knights/Artorgius was more generic. as it stands, 3 Artorigus is far too many, and even two clog. 1 is good, and therfore Rabbit doesn't have a place.

Ok, my turn. =3

Lady of the Lake will eventually get banished. As such, Solidarity would not hurt them at all. Burial from D.D. could work too, but not really too helpful.

On the Royal Decree note: If Bottomless hurts the deck, then doesn't this prove my point? On another note, Breakthrough Skill is still a nice card in the deck. It gets past Royal Decree by being in the grave. Not as useful, but still a trap with a decent effect. And I just am bias towards the Forbidden set. Never seemed worthwhile to me.

Great point on the Rabbit. I thought, for some reason, that there was a second Noble Knight Vanilla monster. XD

Focusing around High Laundsallyn is terrible. Rabbit is at 1, meaning normal Artorigus hardly brings anything useful, and Lady of the Lake literally does nothing without Artorigus. Also, High Laundsallyn doesn't even give that much payoff for the effort you put into it, so why bother?

The best feature of the deck is the ability to go into either Artorigus + Excaliburn + Destiny + Gallatin + Anything else extremely easy, so focus on that instead. It's also a lot easier to use.

Medraut + Sword makes a fully equipped rank 5 Artorigus because of Borz. After the initial Medraut combo, you can use Gwalchavad + Gawayn combos to make rank 4 Artorigus which do the same thing.

Focusing around High Laundsallyn is terrible. Rabbit is at 1, meaning normal Artorigus hardly brings anything useful, and Lady of the Lake literally does nothing without Artorigus. Also, High Laundsallyn doesn't even give that much payoff for the effort you put into it, so why bother?

The best feature of the deck is the ability to go into either Artorigus + Excaliburn + Destiny + Gallatin + Anything else extremely easy, so focus on that instead. It's also a lot easier to use.

Medraut + Sword makes a fully equipped rank 5 Artorigus because of Borz. After the initial Medraut combo, you can use Gwalchavad + Gawayn combos to make rank 4 Artorigus which do the same thing.

So it's pretty obvious that Tuners and the Synchros and normal Artorg all get dropped. What takes their places? More Gwalch/Drystan? More Arms? Other semi-generic Xyz options (Thrasher etc)?

What I don't get is that people think Lady has to played with Artorgius. For the quick Synchro, yes. You could just NS her a turn after a Noble Knight Level 4 has been on the field. And besides, "So it's pretty obvious that Tuners and the Synchros and normal Artorg all get dropped" seems invalid. Why not run the Synchro? I think you are tossing out more good plays than you would be gaining. Artogius is just a monster whose ATK can be adjusted with Equip cards. For the last time, I go back to Magnum shield. This deck is at the point where you should be running every Noble Knight card to give optimum success. Vanilla, and Lady too. Although, I guess I play to make the deck with most of the original cards a lot, instead of faster. I guess if you wanted more speed and less cards wasted, drop the Vanilla, Synchro, and Lady. If you want to play the complete deck, play with them. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived