What's this, I'm not dead? [Rank-Up-Magic Crimson Power]

Sander

sj5uFF3.jpg

Target any number of Synchro Monster(s) you control; Special Summon 1 Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck with a Rank equal to the combined Level(s) of the targeted monster(s), by using it as the Xyz Material(s). (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon.) A monster Summoned by the effect of "Rank-Up-Magic Crimson Power" gains the effects of 1 of its Xyz Materials.

I'm just going to say that (call me arrogant if you so desire), from what I've seen, this is the best version of the idea that has been posted before on this forum.

This is ridiculously op.... It's pretty much unrealistic. Add some sort of drawback, or limitation, and it would be better.

Name a few decks / scenarios that can actually have some sort of effect on this card that makes it "ridiculously op", then I'll consider your post as not useless (aka if you're going to call something "ridiculously op", explain why you think the card is "ridiculously op" and if you're going to mention "drawback", define what you mean by it).

Anyways, the only deck that could possibly use this to make some sort of a broken play would be...Dragon Rulers, aka use this with Star Eater and go into Gustav Max, but nobody is going to do that when they can use their resources much more better and actually win instead of burning your opponent for 2k.

EDIT: And it's funny how you can totally use a Level 11 with this to go into a Rank 10. Perfectly logical, Zanda.

This is ridiculously op.... It's pretty much unrealistic. Add some sort of drawback, or limitation, and it would be better.

... How is this "ridiculously" OP?

You have to have 2 Synchro Monsters, which cost 2+ Monsters each, in order to make a monster of a certain Rank on a further -1. This also means you had to have the resources/speed/time to reliably drop both Synchros.

Furthermore, this means you're making something powerful at a high cost in a deck that normally couldn't do so. Is that wrong? It's expensive as fuck, so I wouldnt assume so.

Interactions with cards like a Gustav Max with Hyper Librarian and something else on it are worrisome, and it does need a slight nerf as to what effects it gains, but your comment's unhelpful, lacks insight, and really doesn't feel like you know a thing about the game or card design.

But yeah, you should definitely nerf it. While Card Design shouldn't be too much BUT X EXISTS SO I CAN'T MAKE IT DICAOI, but you still should try to avoid it as much as realistically possible.

Just make it absorb 1 effect, and some other limitation, like it can only activate each effect once per turn.

You have to have 2 Synchro Monsters, which cost 2+ Monsters each, in order to make a monster of a certain Rank on a further -1. This also means you had to have the resources/speed/time to reliably drop both Synchros.

The only deck that I can see doing that is Lavals, but nobody in their right mind would use this instead of just going into Quasar, and it's just overkill in that deck anyways.

Just make it absorb 1 effect, and some other limitation, like it can only activate each effect once per turn.

Sure, I'll do that. Also, given that it gains the effects of the material, it also get the costs / conditions with it as well, so adding an once per turn effect to it isn't needed.

So while I understand the point of this, which exactly is the rank being ranked-up? It bugs me just a little.

Personally I see this thing's biggest niches would be in 5 because of their absurd utility as a Rank, and 8 because of their ridiculously easy access thanks to Masked Chameleon and the fact that it doesn't hinder this thing's usage.

Are there any Level 8 Synchros with worrysome ignition effects? Other than Jewish RDA since activating it twice is stupid.

So while I understand the point of this, which exactly is the rank being ranked-up? It bugs me just a little.

The Rank being ranked up is any rank that equals to the Synchro Monster(s) that is being use(d) for its Xyz Summon, so if you use, lets say Armory Arm and T.G. Hyper Librarian, you can turn them into a Rank 9 Xyz.

Are there any Level 8 Synchros with worrysome ignition effects? Other than Jewish RDA since activating it twice is stupid.

I couldn't remember that Jeweled was a thing, but now that you mention it, it does seem like a problem with Jeweled given how easy Level 8 Synchro Monsters are to get out nowadays. Any suggestions?

Archived