Photo

[Sakura] Shadow Moon Witch Akané

- - - - - sakura single contest card remake

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• ZPD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,525 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

1uO2Adt.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: Add 1 Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand. If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can target 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls; banish it.

Some of you might remember this card from Aix's Halloween contest (when he was acting as Dhampir); original effect was OPed (by his words) due to it fueling Karakuri-esque things. With that said though, I removed the Spell Counter effect and made it to search out things and fixed some small things on this. Also lowered the DEF to 1700, since its original 2400/2100 stats are a bit high for what it's designed to be doing.

Image came from an old image archive another member had made a while back (J-Max); you'll probably find it again on Google Images or something.

Anyway, with the explanation and image credit aside, rate/CnC/OCG fix, etc.

Reps will be provided for all proper reviews.

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Matches

Matches

Got that frisky feeling ~

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
    Last Visit Jul 26 2017 02:40 AM

Before I start, I'd like to say that I've seen others use this artwork quite often. It works well as an Xyz and an effect monster but it does not look good as a Synchro monster. Now that aside, some small OCG fixing is required:

When this card is Synchro Summoned: Add 1 Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; banish it.

Aside from the choice of artwork, I like the card. Don't get me wrong, I love the artwork. It just doesn't suite the card. Anyway! I think the "add 1 Spell/Trap" is a little OP but the low stats seem to balance it out since it can be destroyed rather easily. Overall, I'd say it's a good card and if it was real, I'd definitely use it.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • ZPD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,525 posts
    Last Visit

Yeah, should be "target" instead of "select"; going to fix that part.

I kinda figured the "adding a Spell/Trap on summon would be a bit strong", especially pulling out Mirror Force or some other power card (given this is a generic Synchro), but it's only one usage of it. And actually, 2400 ATK is relatively standard on Level 7 monsters so it's around average for something of its Level. But yeah, it can be removed via effects/battle easily.

As for the pic, I had a couple of spellcaster pics from that archive I could've used but none really fit the name (I mentioned in first post that it had to be Halloween themed).

But thanks for the comments (+ repped)

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Matches

Matches

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

No problem and I can understand. It's one lovely artwork and the name suites it, just not sure about the Synchro thing. Maybe you could make it into a rank 4 Xyz that requires 3 Level 4 Spellcaster-Type monsters, that way it can justify adding a Spell/Trap to the hand. I know 2400 is like the standard but I've always found it just so...meh whenever I see a Level 7 with 2400 stats.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • ZPD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,525 posts
    Last Visit

I debated on making it 2500-2600, but that would be pushing it over the edge; especially with it banishing S/T cards when it destroys stuff (and the initial S/T grab).

If you want to know what this card's original incarnate was, you can go check the Halloween contest thread; otherwise I'll just summarize it:

Get 4 counters on card, use 2 of them each turn to revive Spellcaster from graveyard; then banish a S/T card if any Spellcaster you control destroys something. (That version was geared for Spell counter support, but that's not the one we're here to comment on; though looking at it, guess I can see why this would end up broken.)

Hopefully, more people CnC.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Matches

Matches

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

True. It's best to leave it at 2400. Also, a side note, you forgot to capitalize the c in "card". Depending on how you write it, "card" can either have a capital or not, since you've written Spell/Trap cards, then you would need to capitalize the "c". Proof:

MysticalSpaceTyphoon-LCJW-EN-ScR-1E.png   

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • ZPD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,525 posts
    Last Visit

Yeah, it's a minor fix (That's one of the things I don't like about this new PSCT system; Konami isn't exactly precise on how stuff is worded and all). Though I'm still getting used to it as well, even 2 years later.

I'll take care of it in a bit, but point taken on keeping this at 2400 ATK. If I raise its stats, I'll have to add a summoning condition to it (i.e. specific Material monsters or making it Nomi)

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users