The True Arcana Force Ace Monster

caezx

Probably should, even though you already have a 50-50 chance of winning or losing the game at that point you summon this.

You could use this with Light Barrier [assuming you didn't get tails] and automatically choose the Heads effect to win; and/or use with Second Coin Toss in the event you don't get Heads for either part.

Although you do need to sacrifice (send) an entire full field of monsters to bring this out, which does counterbalance this card giving you a possible win right there, like everything else, it will backfire on you if Tails comes up. Assuming you combo the use of this card w/the two others I mentioned, that's essentially a 75% chance of you winning right there (which are pretty good odds); unless you have horrible luck and get tails twice.

Like Gadjiltron mentioned though, most of the CnC in that thread could apply here as well.

I didn't necessarily say that the card in the other thread was OP, I said that it was pretty stupid and discouraged the whole "playing Yu-Gi-Oh!" thing. This is just a much harder version of that card since you need to get five monsters onto the field to play this. The only real advantage this has over the Spell is that Light Barrier is a card, so you would be guaranteed the win.

Playing to get five monsters onto the field to take a 50/50 chance at winning isn't the same as interacting with your opponent to win through skill. The latter is more skill-dependent, allows you to interact with the opponent rather than play with yourself in front of your opponent (hence why it's called interacting), and is, in general, much more fun.

Your card doesn't really do any of that. It's just "Use the best strategy to spam non-Tokens monsters onto my field, play Light Barrier/2nd Coin Toss (if applicable), play this, and hope for the best." Now, what is your opponent doing while you perform absurdly long combos in order to do this? Nothing. He/she's just sitting there, bored out of his/her mind, with the only thing to anticipate is what side the coin will fall on (not even that if you have Light Barrier). If you want to bet what side a coin falls on, just flip coins. You don't need to play Yu-Gi-Oh to do it.

That's why I said what I said on the other topic.

Creating instant-wins will always be bad for the game, regardless of how "balanced" or not the card itself is. As 1-Star Hotel is saying, it's bad design, and discourages real player interaction. 

The one instant-win I acknowledge is Vennominaga the Deity of Poisonous Snakes. Having to summon it is hard enough, but then you have to battle for the win. And it has to be done 3 times without fail, in a row. Your card needs to weakened, consider summons are easy to do. 5 monsters on you field is easy, heck, I can do it in one turn.

The one instant-win I acknowledge is Vennominaga the Deity of Poisonous Snakes. Having to summon it is hard enough, but then you have to battle for the win. And it has to be done 3 times without fail, in a row. Your card needs to weakened, consider summons are easy to do. 5 monsters on you field is easy, heck, I can do it in one turn.

I agree. However, deep down I don't actually think of Vennominaga as an alternate win-con, since if you manage to get it out, you're honestly probably going to win before you can pull off three counters. :p

I agree. However, deep down I don't actually think of Vennominaga as an alternate win-con, since if you manage to get it out, you're honestly probably going to win before you can pull off three counters. :P

Considering that:

1. By the time you have Vennominaga out, her ATK is high enough to crush the opponent in 2 swings
  2. Your opponent will begin turtling and you cannot give Vennominaga piercing
  3. Destroying Vennominaga in battle will reset the Hyper Venom Counters

Getting her instant Victory Condition is much harder than it looks, unless you intentionally raised the opponent's LP for this purpose.

Archived