Hey guys so this is (one) of my first archetypes. I've been looking at Noble Knights and I've noticed that while they appear to be based on Normal Monsters, the one normal monster doesn't really get any love; with his best purpose is being synched off with Lady of the Lake. In this one I've decided to grab a Level 4 Normal Monster and let him take center stage with the help of... equip spells.

------

The Magical Bladesman

Level 4 Normal Monster - DARK Warrior

1400ATK 1000DEF

[attachment=39827:The Magical Bladesman.jpg]

Not much to say about this guy really, but that's kinda the point. He's a standard, unassuming normal monster. He's also going to wreck your face; but how he's doing that will be explained later.

Art Credit Goes to Devinart User Xiaobotong: He's drawn an amazing looking guy

------

Magical Blade - Pyrus

Equip Spell Card

[attachment=39825:Magical Blade - Pyrus.jpg]

Equip only to a face-up "The Magical Bladesman". The equipped monster gains 700 ATK. When a monster would be Special Summoned, you can return this face-up card to your hand to negate the summon, and destroy that card. You can only control one face-up "Magical Blade - Pyrus".

Okay so this is where the fun begins. First thing to note; can only be equipped to the one normal monster, and only one can be equipped at a time. Those sound like some serious handicaps, but the good makes it so worth it. When your opponent tries to Special Summon a monster you can negate the summon and destroy it. Sounds like normal; abyss-scale like stuff right? Only the cost isn't desturction; it's RETURNING TO YOUR HAND. As in, free recycles on your turn. Plus the card gives Bladesman a nifty 700ATK boost. 2100 ATK is a nice thing to have.

All Magical Blades are part of Unkn0wnfear's Elemental Swords series on Devinart.

-------

Magical Blade - Volta

Equip Spell Card

[attachment=39826:Magical Blade - Volta.jpg]

Equip only to a face-up "The Magical Bladesman". The equipped monster gains 700 ATK. When a trap card would be activated, you can return this face-up card to your hand to negate the activation, and destroy that card. You can only control one face-up "Magical Blade - Volta".

Behold a card that's almost exactly the same; but seriously isn't. This one is for trap card negtion and is arguably the most dangerous. Why? Simply because your opponent is probably going to be activating trap cards on YOUR turn, so you can simply replay the card in Main Phase 2. That being said; if you attack and your opponent flips up two different trap cards, you may be boned. With both 2 Elemental Blades you sit at 2800 ATK - Bye bye Stardust Dragon.

-------

Magical Blade - Aeris

Equip Spell Card

[attachment=39828:Magical Blade - Aeris.jpg]

Equip only to a face-up "The Magical Bladesman". The equipped monster gains 700 ATK. When a spell card would be activated, you can return this face-up card to your hand to negate the activation, and destroy that card. You can only control one face-up "Magical Blade - Aeris".

Did I seriously just change 3 words? Yep. But it took me quite a while to alter Unkn0wn's art and find the one that is just right for spell negation. With this card you'll stop yourself getting smacked in the face with embarassing cards like Dark Hole and Book of Moon. Once you've assembled the Magical Blade you'll be protected from almost anything and have 3500 ATK! But be warned, negating stuff lowers your attack points; plus you can only have 1 Magical Blade of each kind.

------

Bladestorm

Normal Spell Card

[attachment=39823:Bladestorm.jpg]

This card can only be activated if you control a face-up "The Magical Bladesman" equipped with "Magical Blade - Pyrus", "Magical Blade - Volta" and "Magical Blade - Aeris": destroy all cards on your opponent's side of the field.

Big Finish! I didn't want this deck to be stuck negating all day long, plus we needed a way to contend with cards that showed up before The Magical Bladesman did. Bladestorm's plan is pretty self explanatory; destroy all cards, negate anything that your opponent my throw, re-equip the blades and smack them in the face for 3500 dmg. Glorius stuff.

I have no idea who drew this; I just grabbed it off Google Images. Shout-out to the artist!

-----

All in all I've designed this deck to be balanced. Grabbing a level 4 normal monster is relatively easy and searching for the three magical blades can be done in various ways. (See Armed Samurai: Ben-Kei's card tips for grabbing equip spells). However this guy isn't without weakness. Rapid Special Summons such as those used by Elemental Dragons really sucks, and Grand Mole eats The Magical Bladesman for breakfast. However this archetype can hang with various other ones such as Gravekeepers to lock down your opponent, and splashable cards such as Gorz are perfect for a deck with only 4 core cards and a support card. Recylcable, rapid negation of any of the three card types is The Magical Baldesman's greatest strength, and makes him a serious threat without being too overpowered.

So what do you think? Too overpowered? Too weak? Any other ideas for this archetype? Opinions go below.

On another note; I've finished a massive archetype known as "Steam" which I'll release at some point. Theres alot of cards however so I'm gonna have to learn how to put them into drop-boxes...

REALLY nice work. I can see you've put some thought into these cards, and I love how there JUST right: not to under or overpowered. Really useful in many situations. Just a thought, how about adding "Banish these 3 cards for 3 turns, then return them to the top of the deck" or something to blade storm a so to give it a "recharge" time: otherwise you could just spam the card, plus, your opponent would be left wide open with a 3500 behemoth bearing down on them. 

@above

Nah, the whole point of the card is havint the behenemoth staring before them. Although I may add something like" during the turn you activate this effect, only one face-up "The Magical Bladesman" can attack, so that it keeps with the whole, massive attack theme without being a potential OHKO.

How's something like this for a more balanced Bladestorm.

EA7fYpa.jpg

Keeps with the whole theme of, having The Magical Bladesman being a beast, without having every other monster dog-piling you as well.

Archived