2v0nztw.jpg

Teen Titans: Heroes To Be

A Teen Titans RP adapted from Saiba Aisu's Teen Titans: Heroes of the Noth

Hosted and Co-Hosted By: ~Renegade~ and Chaos Sonic

24e75ow.jpg

OOC

teen_titans_communicator_logo_by_phaeton

GM Post: Titans Alpha

It was still early in the morning and the sun was just rising past the tips of Janus City's skyscrapers. The light of the sun glinted off the buildings and the bustling hover cars that swarmed around the city like bees to a hive. From afar, it was impossible to tell that crime and evil thrived on the streets of Janus. From afar, you could convince yourself that it was utopia. Of course, that was not the case. As the sun rose higher its light stretched farther, reaching the waters of Lake Superior and then finally shedding its light on the impressive tower that stood as a sort of guardian for Janus City. 

Unlike the rest of Janus City, the long abandoned Titans Tower stood dark and still. For so long it had served as a relic of the past, a memento of years long since gone. But just as the sunlight crested the top of the tower, a blue light flickered at the top of the T-shaped structure. Moving slowly across the rest of the tower, the blue light brought life back to the lonely building. If any of the citizens of Janus City would have been paying attention they would have been impressed by the sight, but as usual, the Tower, and what it represented, were far from anyone's mind. 

However, if one asked the citizens if they felt a change in the air, they would probably say that they did. It was a sort of change that wasn't blatantly obvious, or one that would change the lives of everyone in an instant. It was a subtle change. The beginning of something great. It was the discovery, or rather re-discovery, of hope.

[hr]

[spoiler=OOC]

Let's get this party started! This is just the simple introductory part of the RP, so there sadly won't be too much action going on just yet, but we will get to that, I promise. For now, just have you characters arrive at Titans tower. They will enter it and head up to the top floor where they will find a lounge waiting for them. Feel free to interact with each other and build some relationships. I guess there is only one more thing to say. 

TITANS! GO!

[/spoiler]

RWBY OST ~ I May Fall

The music filled Jaden's headphones, as he just watched out of the window of the jet that soared over Lake Superior. He did have to thank the Justice League for providing this mode of transportation for him, especially after he jumped at the opportunity to join the Titans. A small smile appeared on his face, as over the horizon...he saw it: Janus City's Titans Tower.

"We're approaching Titans Tower now, Mr. Kudo." the pilot said, as Jaden removed his headphones and stood up, glancing at the chair beside him. In a sheath laid his weapon: the Royal Blade. He quickly strapped it on his back and tightened up his Paladin Gloves, as he headed up to the front of the jet.

"Just get over the island, I'll jump." Jaden smirked as he gave the pilot a thumbs up.

"Wow...the League wasn't kidding when they said you'd do anything that sounds crazy." the pilot said, as he approached the island, watching Jaden near the emergency exit, with a parachute. "Last stop...Titans Tower."

The words Jaden needed to hear, as he opened the emergency exit of the jet and jumped out of the jet, watching it soar off as he free fell towards the island. There it is...Titans Tower...and my new home! he thought as he opened the parachute and slowly landed on the ground, quickly removing the parachute and walking inside.

~*~*~*~*~

Jaden took the elevator and exited it as he was brought to the tower's top floor, seeing a lounge there...and it being completely empty. "Guess I'm the first one here. May as well take a look around." he chuckled, as he walked around the lounge, noting the different things that were up in the lounge.

RWBY OST ~ This Will Be The Day

Nen floated in silence, completely suspended in the cold grasps of Lake Superior. The temperature didn't seem to bother him much, and he showed no sign of needing to surface for air. He sat in a meditative position, his body completely still. Then, Nen's eyes snapped open. At that same time there seemed to be a disturbance in the water around him. Waves of energy resonated from the youth, and with a shout of pleasure that was swallowed by the deep waters, Nen rocketed for the surface of Lake Superior. He shot upward like a torpedo, and even after he broke the surface, Nen continued to rise. Finally reaching the peak of his jump, Nen struck a pose as he stared upwards at the imposing Titans tower. As he crashed back underneath the water, Nen effortlessly swam towards shore, easily lifting himself up and out of the water.

Now surrounded by light and not dark waters, it was apparent that Nen had not dressed up for this big day. He wore nothing but a speedo, showing off his muscularly toned body. His skin glimmered with droplets left over from his swim. Nen hadn't brought a towel to dry off, but then again, he never brought a towel. Slamming his fists together, a similar ripple of energy resonated from Nen as the droplets on his skin simply disappeared. Nen took in what seemed to be a sigh of relief, almost as if he had just drank a refreshing beverage. 

Nen looked once more at the imposing structure of Titans Tower as he lowered his hi-tech goggles from his eyes. It was truly an amazing sight, and if someone had told him that just hours before it had seemed to be dead; he wouldn't have believed them. A boyish smile struck Nen's face as he entered the first floor of the tower. He didn't spend much time looking around and instead headed straight for the elevator. 

Stepping into it, he pressed the button that indicated the top level. As the doors closed, stereotypical elevator music assaulted his ears. "Gross!" Nen exclaimed, obviously not impressed with the League's selection of tunes. He made a note to fix that later. Finally the music came to end as a soft 'ding' signaled Nen's arrival to the top floor of the Titans Tower. Nen inhaled deeply, eager to see whatever that was to see. 

The doors opened and Nen quickly made his way to the lounge. "I take it your a Titan, too? Any girls show up yet?"

Lukas, preferring to stay out of the sun, was walking through the dark alleyways of Janus. He saw a shadow move out of the corner of his eye, and suddenly, he felt a knife under his throat.

"Give me all the cash you've got, I want your money not you life but if you try to make a I I won't think twice!" Lukas raised his arms slowly, thinking to himself, "That reminds me of a song" A small grin, ran across his face, and he looked up to make sure that there was no sunlight coming into the dark alley. Suddenly, the area became almost pitch black.

"Hey, what the fuck are you doing?" The mugger said, pulling the knife closer to the kids throat.

"I-I don't know." Lukas said in false nervousness. And in the next moment, Lukas was out of the mans grasp, standing directly in front of him. The man stumbled and fell, dropping the knife.

"I'm, I'm sorry. Man, please, please don't hurt me." He said.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you. Too bad." He said, a hard layer of shadow with bumps forming on his hands. For the next few minutes, all that could be heard was loud cracking sounds combined with a few small whimpers. Lukas stood in front of the mugger, having had made his point.

"Now, tell your friends the end of your glory days is coming" He realized he had lost a lot of time, and continued his way, shadow jumping through alleyways until he had made it to Lake Superior. He waited until it got a little later, so that the sun would begin to make the hills it's grave for the night. He only had to wait about 15 minutes. While waiting, he saw a jet fly over the tower and a boy explode out of the water.

"How interesting" He said to himself. When night finally came, Lukas stood up, stretching his arms out. He braced himself, and a pair of black-demonic looking wings exploded out of his back.

"A full year of training, and that still hurts." Lukas remarked, grimacing. He flew, almost silently, to the top floor of the tower, and tapped lightly on the window, pointing at the opening mechanism, grinning.

A few hours prior...

"HYYYAAAAAA!"
"GRRRRRRR!"

A thunderbird and a lupine crow knight were brawling.

"Alright that's enough," the thunderbird spoke as it transformed into a masked, masculine figure. The crow warrior transformed back into a girl, while retaining the armour.

"And we're at it again. COLBY, STELLA, CAN SOMEONE LEND ME A HAND?" needless to say, masked guy, the one known as Stilton, lacked sheer strength.

"This will be our last training session before you join the Teen Titans. You may have learned a lot amd I am proud of you, however, there is still much growth to do. Good luck, Alice. UGH. How heavy was this armour again? Right. I made it myself."

---

Janus City

Alice looked around. She just hoped she didn't lose her way. She gazed upon a T-shaped building. She pulled her lugguage towards the building.

"Titans... Tower?"

Alice was not one to speak much. She blushed heavily and pressed the lift.

Ding

"KYAAA!" Alice responded to the lift. As she entered, music played, in which she shivered greatly. As she reached her designated floor, the lift made the sound again.

"KYAAA!"

Young Alice then put her hands towards her mouth and blushed heavily. Her bare thighs were noticeably shivering.

"He- hello?"

Sarah had bid her crew a final farewell, telling them they would be good with their new captain. She looked to the ship 1 time before she would never see it again. Memories of adventures, fights, struggles, and happy times flooded to her. Sarah shook them off. It is time she makes new adventures, a new fate. Sarah turned her head away and went to Titans tower. She prepared herself for the moment. "Its time to be Miss Fortune, bounty hunter and Pirate hunter." She coached herself. She started to strut to the tower, acting like a new person from the previous sad one.

At the base of the tower she looked around. No one was outside. "They must already be in there." She thought. Miss Fortune was about to open it plainly, but she decided she would go for a more daring approach. She started scaling the tower, creating small(very small) explosions on her way up. She threw in a few acrobatics until she made it to the top. Miss Fortune shattered the glass with an (EXPLOSIVE) kick, and threw herself in. 

"Hello crew, Miss Fortune has arrived." Her voice had a high amount of confidence and arrogance. She took in all she could of her new crew. 1 was surprisingly cute(Jaden), 1 was shivering like a puppy that got out of cold water and seeing his mother dead, 1 had on a speedo, and a speedo only.

"I can already tell this is going to be fun." She said to the group, throwing in a wink.

Jaden's time alone in the lounge wasn't for very long...as one by one people began to appear. And wow...what a variety. A guy in a speedo (ONLY), which made Jaden cringe at the sight... a shivering girl... and a girl who made a VERY explosive entrance. So far...first impressions of the group was...well...could've been better.

"Well, quite an arrangement of people we have here." Jaden said, as he slipped his hands from his pockets, as he fixed his dark blue leather jacket a bit, looking at the hole in the window. "And I'm just saying right now...I'm not gonna be the one fixing that." A slight chuckle was heard from him, as he said that as he smiled at the current group that was in the lounge. "Guess this would be the part where we'd give introductions. Soooooo, I'll go first."

"My name is Jaden Kudo. I'm from Star City and son to Ace Detective Ban Kudo." he began, slipping his hands back into his pockets. "You all can call me Jaden...but my hero alias...is Liberator. Hopefully, I'll be able to show you what I mean."

Lukas was getting impatient with the people in the room, as none of them had opened the door yet. But he felt, saw, and heard something that drew his attention. Small explosions were gong below him, and a VERY attractive lady was propelling herself upwards. Lukas smiled a little when she saw her boobs jiggle with each explosion, but looked away when she came to the point ere she could see. Lukas' face. He had to admit it, she had some skill. Lukas was particularly impressed when she exploded through the window. He flew in behind her, wings retracting into his back. [color=purple] Well, that's one way to open a window![/color] a He said jokingly, backing into the darkest corner of he room he could find, and sitting down. He chuckled a little at the boy's joke, who revealed himself as Jason. Seeing as no one else was going to respond, Lukas responded. [color=purple]My name's Lukas Verone, and you can call me Smoke. I accidentally murdered a small town, and I'm here to avenge them. There's nothing else about me. As you can tell, I can fly, among other things. I hope I can help the group out.[/color] He stepped back into the corner, opting to teleport to another corner with a more comfortable looking chair in it and sat down. (OOC: When he teleports, small wisps of darkness disperse around his destination and departure spots.

"Janus City..." Joel thought to himself as he laid eyes on it for the however manyth time since he first set foot in it. It's been what felt like years, when really it's been a few months since his father was sentenced to prison. Joel's mother's voice whispered to him, telling him how his power would help him along his journey, and possibly make him a hero. "Hero..." Joel echoed the word to himself, not knowing what to consider that word to mean. What is a hero, exactly? Someone who protects people from evil? Someone who does good deeds? Do heroes even NEED superpowers to be considered one? Joel doesn't think so. The only difference between a hero with superpowers and a hero without them is that a hero without them risks their lives.

Just as Joel expected from such a city, he could hear a racket coming from down the street. A bank, from the sounds of it. Someone is holding hostages, which Joel frowned upon. A true criminal can get away with such a crime without the need for hostages. Joel would consider these kinds of crooks to be "innocence moochers", so called by his father, the Vandercrow. Despite Vandercrow killing Joel's mother, he couldn't help but consider him as his hero. In fact, Joel finds his mother's death to be her own fault. She had the nerve to reveal his name, and paid for it with her life.

Joel speedwalked down the street towards the commotion. There were cop cards scattered all around the building with officers aiming their guns toward the entrance. A negotiator was talking through a megaphone, trying to talk some sense into the criminals, but only in vain. Such morons, Joel thought. Cops should know that negotiating with innocence moochers is futile, especially when money is on one end of the rope. Plus Joel could tell that everything the negotiator was saying is sugercoated bullsh*t.

Joel got an idea and walked down the side of the bank building in an alleyway where there were no cops around. Eyes and mind focused on the wall in front of him, he formed his aura to turn a sizable hole in the wall into a concrete substance, holding it aside and walking through the psuedo entrance. Even from there he could see the criminals pacing the floors with semi-autos, pelting their hostages with threats for if they didn't cooperate. Joel rolled his eyes. Why not just shoot them? Oh that's right, because then they wouldn't have any innocence to mooch off of and the cops would have no reason to charge right in and open fire.

Joel simply walked down the hall where the criminals were preparing a bomb to blow the hole into the vault. He could see the sweat on their face, typical for being around a bomb. He could tell they were struggling from the mumbled curses coming out of their mouths. He smiled, extending his aura into the wall to form a hole into the vault. The guys around the bomb noticed it, and immediately looked at Joel. Joel saw conflicted feelings volleying in their heads, one being a reflexive gun pull on him, and another being strangely thankful. Joel had both feelings thrust upon him like a snowstorm.

"Hey! You there! Get down on the ground, NOW!" One guy screamed.

"Whoa whoa, chill out, man, I think he's helping us!" One of the guys working the bomb stood up to stop the man with the gun raised, keeping his eyes on Joel.

"You sure? I don't trust anyone without fear in their eyes!" The guy's comrades pointed at the hole in the wall, which looked like too clean of a hole to be considered blown up. The guy also saw the bomb right next to it, which means there was no bomb. Then again, he didn't hear any explosions.

"Well sh*t, looks like we're getting out of this!" One by one, the criminals piled into the vault with bags and started shoveling riches into them. Everyone except two guys went into the room. Perfect, thought Joel, for two guys was nothing to be taken care of. Assuring that everyone was in the vault, Joel placed the melted wall back in place, sealing them in. The vault door locked them in, and got them out of the way. The two guys guarding the lobby area were a snitch to take care of, for all it took was the wood from a nearby desk to bat away the guns from their arms and wrap both of their arms and legs together and up against a support pillar.

With those two out of the way, and with every other crook pounding their fists against the inside of the thick walls of the vault, Joel went through the front doors, where dozens of cops aimed their guns at him. They soon lowered their weapons and moved in when they saw people starting to come out, panicked and scurrying to find their families. Joel was satisfied seeing how everything worked out.

During the aftermath, one of the cops wanted to thank Joel for what he has done, but Joel was no where to be found.

[hr]

Joel found himself standing along the edge of one of the countries greatest lakes, Lake Superior. Marveling at the seemingly endless blue horizon, there was but one structure that caught his eye... the Titan Tower. Joel remembered his calling, but from the looks of the tower, it's been abandoned and unused for many years. This must be why he was called here: The city needs a new squad of heroes in place of the former Teen Titans. Joel heard stories of these young justice bringers, but having grown up without any gossip of the city, he only heard the vaguest rumors. Surely his father could've told him a few stories, but that just shows how distant he really was.

Not wasting any time, Joel laid his aura before him as he walked, materializing the water into ice so he could walk on it. The tower grew before him, as did Joel's marvel for it.

But alas, Joel knew he wasn't alone. From the top of the tower, he could see a broken window. He shook his head, "I'm gonna have to fix that." Joel knew where he stood in the group: the house maid. Joel was a neat freak. He hated messes, especially with his developed habit of fixing broken walls and glass in the city.

Joel was relatively light, which gave him no problem when he lifted himself off the ground with his aura. As he rose, he could see the activity in the main room of the tower. He heard everyone talking, assumingly introducing themselves. Joel readied himself for an introduction, but cringed at the sight of the broken window, which he could see shards of it falling from. Using tiny spurts of aura, he grabbed the shards and pulled them up with him, soon landing in the room where everyone else was. Without a word, he reached over the shattered glass, turning the mess into liquid form which he laid out along the broken hole, making it appear like new.

"Looks like I'm gonna be the maid of the house," Joel scoffed.

"Huh? Huh?"

Alice was, needless to say, too easily frightened. Seeing the large array of people, and the guy who broke through the window, and the lady winking at her, Alice swiftly hid behind the couch.

Just then, one of them spoke.

"Guess this would be the part where we'd give introductions. Soooooo, I'll go first."

Alice was dumbstruck. Her pupils shrank and her eyes widened.
This was a very frightening thing. To her at least.

They all started to introduce themselves. Soon, it would be her turn. Alice never really liked socialising, and she expected even less socialising in a situation like this!

It was going to be her turn soon anyways. So she must as well get it over and done it, is that correct? Easier said than done.

After the one known as 'Lukas' had introduced himself, she began to speak as her arms pressed againsts her breasts, with her hands near her mouth.

"A- Alice Karasuma-Fox... S- sixteen this year... ItisnicetomeetWOOAAAHH!"

And you can obviously tell which was the part where she bowed in a polite manner while tripping....

On nothing.

She looked up and proceeded to blush heavily.

Miss Fortune took a seat next to the one that introduced himself as Jaden. She didn't understand what he meant by "Liberator," but it didn't matter. She looked up to the boy who introduced himself as Lukas and smiled until he said he killed every one in a small town. "At least he is sorry..." She thought to herself. She then looked to the other girl, Alice. She seemed scared, and shy around them. Miss Fortune could really relate to her. She had felt those feelings the few days after her own parents died. "Oh sweety, you don't need to be so shy. We will have ti be family for a while. Might as well get used to each other." She said compassionately to Alice, then she got up to let Alice take her place. Miss Fortune then noticed her amazing glass shatter and entrance had been undone. She was about to bark at the person, until she saw him. She did a double take. He was rather cute. He addressed himself as the maid, and she gave a giggle at the comment. "Well, who might you be? Another Titan I assume? But you know what they say about assuming. It makes an ASS out of YOU and ME." Miss fortune did a laugh at her own joke.

Miss Fortune decided to sit next to the boy wearing a speedo. She took a seat and ran her finger down his muscles. "Hey handsome, who are you?" She asked him. She threw in a giggle and a wink. 

Nen had slowly watched the amount peni-...err..men in the room stack up. What a shame. Saving the world was fun and all, but not if he couldn't get a little extra action on the side. It was just when that thought crossed his mind that one of the large windows in the room exploded open, spraying glass all over the room. Nen raised his arms to protect his face from any stray shards. He let out a quiet hiss as he felt the sting of several pieces pierce his arm. Nen thought about saying something, but cast that thought away as he saw who had made the entrance. Having scaled the side of the building, a busty girl, self-named Miss Fortune, had added a few eggs to the sausage fest. "KACHOW!" Nen thought to himself, taking in the beautiful woman's curvature. 

Suddenly aware of the glass in his arm again, Nen carefully plucked them out, allowing a few tears of blood dribble down his arm. However, before they could even hit the ground, the wounds had healed considerably, becoming nothing more than meaningless scratches. Before Nen could make a comment, the boy that had gotten to the tower before him began to introduce himself. Jaden. 

Nen was slightly miffed that Miss Fortune was paying a little bit too much of attention to the sword wielding pretty boy. Nen rolled his eyes. He couldn't see what was so special about him. Following Jaden's introduction, a guy in the corner made his presence known. And he started off on such a good note too as he told the group a brief story about how he murdered an entire village. "Village? Really? Are we in the middle ages or something?" Nen privately thought to himself, but bit his tongue for fear of offending anyone.

Following that pleasant display of admission to mass slaughter, another Titan entered the room. He immediately headed for the shattered window. His form hid most of what he was doing from view, but as he stepped away Nen noted that the man had somehow fixed the window. Nen's eyes shot to Miss Fortune, taking note of how she looked the newcomer up and down. "What the Hell do they have that I don't? I'm obviously better looking than both of them AND I'm practically sitting here naked!"

Nen opened his mouth to speak, but a slightly timid voice pierced the air instead. Turning around, Nen raised his eyebrow as he noticed another girl who seemed incredibly unnerved by the situation. Of course, then the girl went and made it worse for herself as she proceeded to trip over nothing and land flat on her face. Something about the scene couldn't help but make Nen smile. "Now things are starting to look up." Nen thought, as he noted the breast counter was at a total of four. 

Nen noticed that it was his turn to introduce himself, but before he could, Miss Fortune made an effort to console the still embarrassed girl that had tripped on air. "Great, now even the girl is getting more attention than me." Nen may have thought too soon, however, because after making some heartfelt speech about being a family, Miss Fortune took a seat next to him. "Hey handsome, who are you?" She said, as she ran her finger up his bicep, making its way back down to his abs. 

"The name's Nen," He said, addressing the comment to the entire group. He then turned back to Miss Fortune. "And you might want to remember, so you know what to scream tonight." Nen said, throwing in a playful smile and wink.

"There will be NO screaming unless it is coming from the Towers' prison hold." The sound of the automated voice made Nen jump. Following his surprise, Nen looked around to see who had said that. Appearing in the center of the coffee table that sat in the middle of the room, was a figure. The figure appeared to be entirely out of lines of blue, streaming data. It had no facial features, or any other defining characteristics, but Nen had a sense that he would be calling 'it' a 'he'. "What the Hell?" Nen asked, totally taken aback by the appearance of the digital man.

"Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Darwin. I am a Bio-Mergeance AI Program, assigned to Titans Alpha by the Justice League. I have been instructed to make sure that nothing too extravagant happened upon your meeting." The data-person, introduced as Darwin, seemed to be looking directly at Miss Fortune as he said those words. "Now before we go farther into today's agenda, I do believe that we have a member that has yet to introduce themselves. In addition, are there any further questions?"

Upon being the only person in the room that hasn't introduced himself, Joel untied his cape and bag from his shoulders and cast it onto one of the arms of the chairs where Lukas was coincidentally sitting. He didn't see whether or not the cape landed where he intended it to land, but for all he cared, the shadow guy would acknowledge it.

Joel's grim expression towards his first clean-up chore since he walked in became stone cold when Miss Fortune, the name being unknown to him, giggled in his direction.

"Well, who might you be? Another Titan I assume? But you know what they say about assuming. It makes an ASS out of YOU and ME."

Joel took a second to absorb the remark, "Clever. I would've never thought about it that way."

Whether or not she fancied him, he paid no mind to the thought, taking a visual sweep of everyone in the room. As what seemed to be a welcoming ceremony, a digital figure appeared in the middle of the room, introducing itself as Darwin.

"...I do believe that we have a member that has yet to introduce themselves. In addition, are there any further questions?"

"Might as well, since I'm here," Joel cleared his throat, "the name's Joel. I'm the son of a super known as Vandercrow. Anyone know him? I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't." He quick glance at Miss Fortune, "...and yes, I am, in fact, a Titan... at least I think." He stretched to the ceiling, tightening his words in the process. Noticing a few more little shards of glass by Nen, he looked back to see the window still had a few cracks. He grabbed the shards from around Nen and threw them back into place, separating the blood that tainted them and turned it into a spherical clot, which he shot into the nearest trash can like a miniature basketball.

"You all will have to tell me your names. I was a bit late, so it seems."

Alice proceeded to get up upon Miss Fortune's consolidation. "Mmm!" Alice smiled as she took a seat beside Ms Fortune. Unsurprisingly, she was still shivering. It would take quite a while before you know how she even got in this.

"HYA- huh?"

Alive nearly screamed before placing her palms at her mouth. Darwin. He wasn't really a bad person, or machine.

Another man then spoke, "the name's Joel. I'm the son of a super known as Vandercrow. Anyone know him? I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't."

Alice shuddered even more, as if that was the only thing she was good at.

"A- Alice. A- Alice Karasuma-Fox..."

Jaden was intrigued at the appearance of Darwin, a Justice League A.I. unit. Deep down Jaden had a thing for tech and this just kept pressing his buttons even more. However, his attention was turned back towards the newest person: Joel.

This made Nen, Alice, Lukas, Miss Fortune, Joel, and himself...and it seemed like it was quite the group given...especially for a group such as the Teen Titans. Nevertheless, Jaden's thought process of everything else stopped as he turned back towards the A.I. unit Darwin.

"Funny, never really saw many A.I. units where the Justice League had me training. Meh, pretty interesting to see one of your caliber, Darwin." Jaden said, as he began to rub his neck with his hand, as he smirked. "Though maybe you should've stopped the lady there from making her explosive entrance a bit sooner." A chuckle came from him, until he slipped his hand into his pocket once again. "Anyway, Joel, was it? I can save you the trouble of names. Jaden Kudo with an alias known as Liberator, Nen...we'll just say fish boy, Miss Fortune...bomb expert from my perspective, Lukas Verone also known as Smoke...apparently can't exactly handle light, and finally Alice Karasuma-Fox."

Darwin's surprise arrival caught Miss Fortune off guard. She turned her attention on to the...data? She didn't know. After hearing him say there would be no screaming, a loud ugh came out of her mouth. She stood from her seat and stuck her hand through Darwin. He wasn't sure what would happen. She then took her hand back out. "Oh Darwin, don't you think your being a little unreasonable?" She asked, putting emotion into her voice. 

After that she sat back down. Nen had a particular scent to him...he reminded her of cheap whore the ocean. It was like an ocean breeze. It reminded her of her time in the sea. She hoped her crew was alright and they crew didn't do something stupid like sell their souls to a demon. Miss Fortune found herself staring at Nen. She broke her gaze when Joel introduced himself. He talked about some hero named "Vandercrow." He asked if anyone knew him. "Sorry hun, I didn't live anywhere near here, this is actually my first time in this city. Thankfully titans tower is so large." She giggled at her comment. "I have to say I dont know him. I come from a." She abruptly stopped. She did not want to talk about where she came from. It was too painful. It brought sad memories. Sarah came here for a new beginning. "I lived on sea for a while, hunting pirates for gold." The last part was a lie, and she couldn't stop her eyes from averting to the side. Ready to change the topic, she switched over to Jaden.

"Oh Jaden, your just jealous because what ever you did to enter must have been upstaged by me." She teased. Miss Fortune couldn't help noticing Alice shaking like she was freezing. She knew that the girl was anxious, and decided not to press her. The girl was selected as a titan for a reason after all. She would warm up to them eventually. As for the moment being, Miss Fortune wanted to warm up to Nen. She hugged his arm and continued to listen to the other titens.

"Fish boy?!" Nen quietly steamed to himself. What part of him even remotely looked like a fish? "Just because I have water based powers doesn't freaking mean that I have gills! I swear, if you think white girls have a lot of stereotypes about them, just try being an aquatic superhero!" Nen grumpily glared at Jaden, casting him quite the evil eye, but decided against starting an argument. Besides, he was a little distracted with the girl on his arm. It appeared that she had dropped her interest in both Jaden and Joel and had instead turned her attention to the real hunk in the room.

"Accessing Justice League Data Archives..." Darwin stated, drawing the attention in the room back to himself. "Ah, yes. I believe we are all here for the time being. As such, I will commence facial scans to ensure that you all are who you say." Upon saying that, a light blue light emerged from Darwin's body, scanning the group of teenagers. "Jaden Kudo. Codename: Liberator. Meta Gene inactive. Affiliation: Teen Titans. Alpha-01. Nen Mizu. Codename: Fish boy. Meta Gene active. Affiliation: Teen Titans. Alpha-02. Lukas Verone. Codename: Smoke. Meta Gene active. Affiliation: Teen Titans. Alpha-03. Alice Karasuma-Fox. Codename: Not available. Meta gene inactive. Affiliation: Teen Titans & ******. Alpha-04. ***** ****. Codename: Miss Fortune. Meta Gene active. Affiliation: Teen Titans. Alpha-05. Joel Vanderol. Codename: Not available. Meta Gene active. Affiliation: Teen Titans & Vandercrow. Alpha-06." After the quick spiel of information, the blue light that had been scanning the newly inducted Titans disappeared. Darwin seemed to nod in approval. 

"Alright, now that you have creepily dug into our files...you wanna give us some type of tour or something?" Nen asked, slightly annoyed with the AI Unit. "The tour will come later. For now you will all follow me to the roof. We have some basic training exercises to do." 

Jaden smirked, he had definitely gotten to Nen good with the "Fish Boy" comment...but what him smirk even more was the fact that Darwin used it as Nen's codename. Though another thing puzzled him:

"Jaden Kudo. Codename: Liberator. Meta Gene inactive. Affiliation: Teen Titans. Alpha-01."

"Meta Gene inactive"

That one phrase within Darwin's sentence puzzled him. Though he remembered hearing something similar when he was training at the League's orders. It was beginning to make sense. Out of them all, save Alice, he truly didn't have a power that was brought out. The fingerless gloves he wore...those helped him with controlling a certain element...but other than that...he had no gene active that he knew of.

"The tour will come later. For now you will all follow me to the roof. We have some basic training exercises to do."

Jaden looked back at the A.I. Unit and nodded, slipping his hands back into his pockets. "This should be fun to enjoy. First work at Titans Tower with a training session given by an impressive A.I. Unit." he said with a small smile.

Miss FOrtune winced when Darwin dug into her file. She was glas that a great amount of her data was unavailable. She sighed when her name was blovked off by a wierd block. She coulden't help but laughing when Darwin called Nen fish boy. One thing about Darwin's speech tipped her off. It was about Alice. "Meta gene inactive." She coulden't help wondering if the girl truly belong in the teen titans. It was not her call to make, but the feeling came from sympathy. SHe wondered about it until Darwin announced they would be training.

"Already? We just got here, and I'm thirsty. Can training wait for a bit?" She groaned. Scaling the side of the tower started taking a bit of an impact on her. Her mouth was really dry, and after hereing what the super "Beastboy" did, she wasn't sure if she trusted tap water. Regardless, she followd the group to the top. Before they entered the battlefield, Miss Fortune placed 5 very sharp metals between her index finger and middle finger. SHe put her thumbs up, and made them look like guns. "Alright, lets get this over with." She said in a huffy voice.

Darwin led Titan's Alpha up to the roof of the tower. The group stepped out into the daylight, pausing to let their pupils adjust. The roof of the tower was completely flat, allowing for an excellent view of Janus City out in the distance. It truly was breathtaking. "The Justice League has instructed me to test your fighting capabilities, as well as your ability to work as a team." Darwin stated. He snapped his data-streaming fingers and the roof around the Titans started to transform. Walls rose, the ground(or rather roof) shook and twisted, and soon the Titans found themselves in a jungle gym of twisted metal and slanted slope. A light whirring noise struck the air. "You will be competing against 6 League-created combat bots." The whirring noise stopped, and that's when Nen noticed a group of lithe-looking robots on the other side of the now mutilated roof. "And to make things a little more realistic..."  Darwin snapped his fingers again and a virtual display swept across the roof and robots. Casting the sky into darkness, the virtual display changed the mutilated rooftop into a deserted alleyway. The robots were no longer comprised of shiny, sleek metal, but instead appeared to be made of skin and bone, looking more like escaped convicts than anything else. Darwin disappeared in a bright blue flash, and that seemed to be the starting signal, because at that moment, the six assailants streamed towards the Titans.

Jaden whistled as the roof became simulated like it did...but however, he looked at the robotic automatons that the League had made. They almost looked human now, but that was beside the point. The automatons streamed towards the group...this little sparring match had begun.

"Well, time to get to work." Jaden smirked as he tightened his Paladin Gloves as he rushed towards the automatons, before snapping his fingers in front of him. Suddenly a bright light broke forth in front of the assailants, as Jaden unsheathed the Royal Blade. Don't say the trigger phrase...wait until you absolutely need to... he thought as he swung to one of the assailants that backed off.

Teen Titans - TiT OST ~ Bar Fight

"I'll take care of you easily!" Jaden smirked as he swung the blade again at the assailant, as he backed him up to a part of the alley, kicking him in the face for a moment. He turned back, seeing the other assailants continuing the rush to the others. His Paladin Gloves' gem glowed brighter as he sent forth a light shield, protecting the group for a temporary time. "You guys may want to figure out a plan soon! I can only hold this up for so long..." he said, using his blade to block a few strikes that the assailant dished out.

He said no using abilities in practice... That means I'll have to deal with them myself...

Alice was trembling heavily, maybe too heavily. She did note that she have learnt some skills via her other forms. One of the droids began approaching her and she lost her confidence and her battle stance. In a desperate move, she proceeded to evade the droid's attack with a simple spin, barely missing and almost tripping.

She then looked towards the droid, shivering in fear. Proceeding to attempt trip the droid backwards with a kick on the foot and a rather agitated fist to the chest, she awaited the actions of the other Titans.

With sweaty hands, she touched her cheeks, appearing traumatized. You would probably doubt she even belongs here.

"Finally, we're starting something..." Joel sighed as he followed the group up to the roof of the Titans Tower, where Darwin instructed they'd go. Along the way, he quick reached into the fridge to grab an apple, taking a bite. At this point, he realized that he wasn't very hungry, but at the wind-up of throwing it in the trash, he thought twice, wrapping it in a napkin and stuffing it in his lower left cargo pants pocket, saving it for later.

The roof appeared before Joel as he walked out from the entrance exit the door that led to the roof. The feeling of being on top of such a tower, let alone the Titans Tower, was a rare feeling, given that most of his life consisted of jumping from tree to tree for agility training and sleeping near the apex as a survival habit.

A moment later, Joel noticed the drones summoned before him and the rest of the team. A good training exercise, he thought, for humanoid enemies were the best for real-life situations, whereas just a bunch of remotely-placed obstacles don't do squat to prepare you for the real world. Just as Joel reflexively planned his next several moves against his new opponents, the sky changed color as well as the landscape, turning from a flat, metallic roof to an abandoned desert. Admittedly, Joel fell silent in thought to admire not only the landscape, but the tower's ability to simulate one like this. What's more: The drones took on a more fleshy, human-like look. The realism was astounding, and Joel was the most excited he's ever been in his lifetime of combat against regular thugs such as what the drones took form of.

The drones bolted towards the Titans, one of them towards Joel. Joel grinned, unsheathing his sword with a metallic SHINK! and a glisten from the simulated dim sunlight. As the drone drew closer, Joel pointed the blade at his opponent, arousing the steel with the aura that abided him and forming it into a steel wire net with wire as thick as pencil lead. The net opened up like a giant claw, "grabbing" the drone and tying it down to where it flopped like a fish out of water.

"You guys may want to figure out a plan soon! I can only hold this up for so long..."

"We need to find their weakness. Only then can we figure out a way to take them out together." His words echoed with the steel net being torn through by the drone, which started back at him with a wound-up attack. Joel dodged the attack by rolling just by the drone's leg and went up to the torn steel net, close enough to reach it and form it back into a blade. The drone came up from behind, where Joel met its attack with a clash of blade to knuckle. For a moment, Joel was surprised by the drone's ability to block a blade with just its fist, but then he remembered that they were made of metal.

Struggling, Joel morphed the blade into a liquid ball form just as the drone's other fist came to meet it. Joel hardened the ball just in time, cuffing the drone's fists together.

Nen was eager to see what the talking binary coding had in mind for their little training session. He briefly worried that it would be a sparring match with some of the other Titans. It wasn't because Nen was necessarily afraid of any of them, but he knew that he would be at a disadvantage so high above the water. The olive skinned swimmer followed Darwin and the other Titans up to the roof of Titans Tower, and was struck dumbfounded by the sight. He could see for miles in every direction. In the distance he could clearly see the spiraling peaks of Janus City and opposite of that he could see Lake Superior stretch as far as the eye could see. Nen let out an impressed whistle. "Can't beat this view..."

Darwin went to explain that they would be tested on their ability to fight and to work as a team. Nen rolled his eyes at the last part. "Who needs a team?" Nen was ready to find out just how his skills would be tested, when he was nearly thrown off his feet, by the shifting of the rooftop. "The Hell?!" Nen exclaimed, stumbling backwards, running straight into Miss Fortune. His face buried itself in between her two breasts, no doubt causing surprise. After she shoved him away, Nen regained his footing. "Sorry, but let me tell you. There's only one view better than this tower can give ya." Nen said, giving Miss Fortune another playful wink. 

By that time, Darwin had snapped his fingers, and the area had been transformed into a deserted alleyway. A few dumpsters lined the side walls, and it opened up into a run down, cul de sac-like looking area. If Nen didn't know better, he would have thought that Darwin had transported them to some rundown neighborhood in Janus City. Nen then watched the group of robots transform into a bunch of gangbangers. "Now that is just uncanny..." Nen pulled his goggles down over his eyes. Instantly, a virtual display popped up on them. The goggles took note of the heat signatures produced by the other Titans and began a scan of the droids that they would be combatting. For some reason, the goggles were taking longer to get information on them than they usually did. "Come on you piece of sh*t." Nen muttered to himself, smacking the goggles lightly. However, it didn't appear that his frustration had any effect on the speed of the scan. "Whatever..." Nen said, readying himself for battle. Darwin disappeared and the apparent flesh and blood robots rushed forward, instantly splitting up and heading for a different Titan. It appeared that they would try to take them on, one on one. Nen prepared to run to meet them, but before he could, he ran straight into a wall that appeared to be made from pure light. 

"Watch it!" Nen shouted at Jaden. "Stay out of my way!" Nen then turned his attention to the robots again. Jaden, Joel, and Alice had engaged their assailants already, and it appeared that Jaden and Joel were handling themselves decently. Alice, however, seemed to be in a bit of trouble. Nen considered going to help her, but cast the idea aside. He was meant to be the star of the show, and he wouldn't be shown up by Jaden or Joel just so that he could help a damsel in distress. Nen turned his attention to the robot that decided to attack him. 

The robo-thug started out with a right cross, that no doubt would have hurt had Nen not ducked under the blow. Coming up behind the robot, Nen launched a punch of his own at the robot's back, but when he came in contact with his target, Nen felt pain rocket up his arm, settling in his shoulder. He had forgotten that his opponents were made of metal. Taking advantage of Nen's moment of weakness, the robot clutched Nen's arm and threw him against one of the brick walls that made up the night alley. Nen let out a groan as he heard one of his ribs crack. It wasn't a new pain, but it didn't make it any more fun to endure. His powers would quickly heal the wound, but he would have to deal with the shooting pain for a few minutes...and Nen didn't have a few minutes. The robot was already advancing. It moved to kick the downed Nen, who in turn scrambled clumsily out of the way. 

Nen got to his feet, placing a little distance between himself and the robot. He closed his eyes, sending out his senses to detect some nearby water. His sixth sense immediately picked up on Lake Superior, which had been hidden from sight by the Tower's technology, but it was too far away to utilize in this fight. Tightening his focus, Nen picked up on a protruding pipe in the alleyway that was leaking a steady stream of water. "Got you..." Nen whispered, opening his eyes just in time to see the robot swinging its left leg in for a powerful kick. Nen flipped backwards, regaining his stance right beside the streaming pipe. Water was already on the ground which Nen instantly absorbed. He placed his hands over the pipe sucking up the coming water. Nen loved the blessed feel of the water sweeping through his body. He could feel his strength and stamina growing. It was time for some payback.

Nen jumped over the continuously advancing assailant, landing at its back. Wasting no time, Nen grabbed the robot's arm and threw it into the wall just like it had done to him only moments before. Now that Nen had bought himself some time, he strode over to one of the dumpsters and lifted it above his head. "KACHOW!" Nen shouted, slamming the dumpster down on the robot.

"You guys may want to figure out a plan soon! I can only hold this up for so long..."

"We need to find their weakness. Only then can we figure out a way to take them out together."

"You just gotta hit'em! That's their weakne-" Nen was interrupted as something cold caught his ankle in a vice grip. He then found himself on the ground with the robot he thought he had crushed standing over him. Nen kicked the reemerged opponent away, allowing him time to get back up. He now eyed the robot a bit more cautiously, hopefully he could find the weakness before one of the other Titans showed him up. 

[hr]

Lukas, like the other Titans, followed Darwin to the roof and watched him transform the flat landscape into a snapshot of a night scene of a bad neighborhood. Inwardly, Lukas was very impressed, however, he gave no outward sign of emotion. The battle then began. Joel, Jaden, and Nen rushed in hotheadedly. Alice defended herself as a droid descended upon her. She clumsily dodged the droid, landing a few weak hits on it. "What is she doing?" Lukas thought to himself. 

Creating a shadow tendril, Lukas used his new whip to lash around the droid that was attack Alice and trip it with a swift tug. He uncurled the whip from the robot, allowing Alice the chance to finish it off. Lukas then turned his attention to a quickly approaching robot of his own. Lashing out with the whip, Lukas secured a firm grip on the metal man's neck and hoisted the robot into the air. "Not so tough now, huh?" Lukas asked the robot. Who in return reached behind itself and surprisingly pulled out a gun from the back of its pants. Taking note of the danger, Lukas tightened his grip on the robot's neck, instantly severing the head from the body. The hologram that had transformed that particular robot into a human immediately dispersed, leaving the husk of metal behind in tribute. The gun had also clattered to the ground, revealing itself to be nothing more than a piece scrap metal, transformed by program. "Interesting." Lukas then turned his attention to his fellow Titans. "Go for the neck." He called, keeping his tone completely apathetic.

Miss Fortune followed the group to the top of the tower. How unpleasnet, to spar so early. She has no intentions of ruining her perfect hair. It was a difficult task to keep is at its finest, and took her all morning. Regardless, she had no say in the matter. Upon reaching the top, Darwin explained that they would be tested on their ability to work as a team and show combat strategy. Joy, working together sounds sooooooo fun. She thought. Miss Fortune was brought back into reality when Nen "Accidnetly" barried his face into her chesticles. She gave him a rather hard shove. She blushed after he gave her a wink. "Titans, remember. Don't get cocky."

Miss Fortune found herself in a narrow ally. The mechanical bots had turned into a group of thugs that looked itchin to beat something. The titans took off immidiatly, leaving Miss Fortune in the back. As the fight went on, she observed the scene. They were still metal, Nen has a huge ego, Nen aslo has a lot of pride, Nen doesn't want to work as a team, the other titans rely on each other, nen is getting his ass handed to him, and Alice shouldn't be a titan. All thise things flooded to her as the battle unfolded. Miss Fortune nodded. It was about time to make a move.

Miss Fortune took aim at the bot by Alice. She fired a single shot at it, adding a spin to the shard as it took flight. After hitting the bot, it bounced off and slammed the bot Joel was fighting with even more force. If it hadnt has been for her intincts on the sea, Miss Fortune would have lost her spine(and virginity) to the bot behind her. Rolling to the side, she narrowly avoided the bot behind her. At this range, shooting would do nothing. 

She lept ont a wall and blew part of it below her feet, prepelling her backwards. She volleyed out a few shots to her assalant but couldn't stop him. She tried to kick him, but pain went up her ankle. "Ugh, how did I pull a Nen!" She complained under her breath. She took out the ground below the bot with a high powered explosion, making her thirst for water grow. "I am SO done now!" She yelled. "Titans, jump! I'm about to do something really risky." She stated, barking orders. A spark lit in her eyes as she threw 40 shards into the air above her, spreading like a silver cloud.

Miss Fortune tried to contain her laugh. But, everytime she used her ultimate trick, she coulden't keep it bottled up. Once the first row of 8 shards fell infront of her, they were shot out, only to be followed by the second. In 2 seconds, 5 rows of 8 shards were shot forward. The shards started spreading out in a cone shape. She wanted to severly damage them all, because she was staring to see black spots. She was slowly faltering to dehydration. While deploying her Bullet Barrage, she couldent help but laughing like a psychopath. The smoke started to clear, and she dropped to her knees. In 2 seconds, the battle field could have been drasticly ravaged unless one of the titans took the hits. Hopefully, none did. 

Archived