Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Fakemon Central

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
284 replies to this topic

bury the year

bury the year

reach heaven through violence

• Senior Members
  • 9,614 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 08:44 PM
  • Alias:Rinne

Overview
Welcome to Fakemon Central, your YCM one-stop shopping center for all things Pokemon that don't actually exist! (Fancy formatting to come.) Here, you can post and discuss any Fakemon you have been working on, either long-term projects or merely one-offs.

Rules
• Standard rules apply - obey YCM site rules and no spamming, flaming or inappropriate content. I'm a mod, so you really shouldn't try to get around this one anyways.
• Try to be somewhat active. I know people have lives offline, but if you're going to enter a period of prolonged inactivity, at least do us a favor and let us know.
• Put some thought into all your ideas. If you're posting a fake Pokemon, for example, at least give its name, type, abilities, evolution(s) and physical appearance.
• You need to know at least something about Pokemon before joining. Other than that, though, members of all experience are welcome.
• To join the club, please post an example of a fake Pokemon, move or ability you've made in the past. Only the club owners (right now only Phosphorus) may accept new members, and we have the rights to deny membership to any prospect who doesn't seem up to snuff.

Topics to Discuss
• Are you designing a Fakemon region right now? If so, what's it like?
• I'm going to post a contest when we get enough members. Any suggestions for topics?

Members

Spoiler

Resources
Fakemon Template

dAx113Q.gif

edh decks • ephara, god of the polishallar, the firefletcher • jhoira, weatherlight captain (wip)

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Aurora
  • 10,279 posts
    Last Visit 5 minutes ago
  • Alias:Nai
Well, this seems to be interesting, and would help my study on worldbuilding, especially in creature designing. Though my graphical skill is really limited, I think I'll join this.

EDIT: AH, disregard this post first. I'll edit this post with the joining entry. Sorry.

Edit 2: Here's the sample abilities that I made.

Fantasy Sphere:
Activates Trick Room for 5 turns when the Pokemon entered the battle. If the pokemon leaves the battle the Trick Room condition ends.
[Kind of making this a generic clone of the weather starting ability, but being more geared for double battles. Though, I suppose making this a direct clone would be fine and helps promote slower teams in competitive play and also deters the use of Sticky Web, if we're talking about the actual Pokemon metagame.]

Updraft:
Your currently active Pokemons gained Levitate status for 3 turns. Increase Tailwind's duration by 1 turn.
[Another double battle ability that have some form of usability in singles. I think Tailwind might be broken if it's able to be extended for a significant amount of turns, so 1 is playing safe. I was thinking of making all active Pokemons into a half-flying type, but that seems kind of abusable in doubles with Terrakion.]

Quickdraw:
Own moves with 40 base power or lower is treated as having +1 priority.
[The reason of why this only boosts those 40 powermoves, is because Scizor has proven that a 60 BP priority can hurt. Depending the stat, this can be pretty good, or maybe broken.]

Posted Image

bury the year

bury the year

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,614 posts
Added. Iunno what to think about those abilities - my favorite's probably Fantasy Sphere, but only because auto-priority on anything has proven to hurt.

Also, a Water-type Overheat as my contribution. I'd post more, but my computer's wonky.

Name: Tidal Surge
Type: Water
Category: Special
PP: 5
Power: 130
Accuracy: 90%
Description: The user attacks the target at full power. The attack's recoil harshly lowers the user's Sp. Atk stat.
Appearance: A large spiraling wave of whitish-blue water is shot at the opponent.

dAx113Q.gif

edh decks • ephara, god of the polishallar, the firefletcher • jhoira, weatherlight captain (wip)

(Dae)

(Dae)

I said YOUNG MAN

• Sage's Bond
  • 7,776 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Dragon Sage
  • Spouse:CommanderVolt and ur mom

Can I has joinage?

So, funny thing, I used to draw hundreds of Pokémon when I was younger. Sadly, I don't have most of those images left. And I am theoretically working on a region, based on X and Y's Pokédex with a few new things. Like a cloud sand castle Ground/Fairy Pokémon.

oversized dakimakura

2D sig

(Thanks @ Tormented)

Member card
Stand stuff thanks to Armz
Award stuff

bury the year

bury the year

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,614 posts

Can I has joinage?
So, funny thing, I used to draw hundreds of Pokémon when I was younger. Sadly, I don't have most of those images left. And I am theoretically working on a region, based on X and Y's Pokédex with a few new things. Like a cloud sand castle Ground/Fairy Pokémon.

I'll accept you once you post a sample of your work. :3

dAx113Q.gif

(Dae)

(Dae)

I said YOUNG MAN

• Sage's Bond
  • 7,776 posts
    Last Visit

I'll accept you once you post a sample of your work. :3

What have I gotten myself into…

Should have mentioned I am not a particularly good artist, and I don't really have a means of scanning.

Mirrored…

hI5cjia.jpg

Cirrostle (Cirrostratus+Castle) Ground/Fairy

Species: Cloud Castle Pokémon

Ability: Sand Rush/Cloud Nine (HA Sand Stream)

That is a sand tower mini-evolution attempt down there, yes.

I don't even try to draw humans here, I just use an online skin generator.

oversized dakimakura

2D sig

(Thanks @ Tormented)

Member card
Award stuff

bury the year

bury the year

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,614 posts
Mrk, accepted. I'll put up a sample template for fake Pokemon when I add your name to the member list. The typing really seems to work for a sand castle, though - I feel that Ghost and Fairy are the two types most suited for inanimate object Pokemon.

dAx113Q.gif

Thar

Thar

Bruh.

• Button Masher

• 11,940 posts
    Last Visit 4 minutes ago
  • Discord:Thar#3461
  • Spouse:Yennefer

This was done before I saw the template, so I'm just gonna put it here and make changes if necessary.

Evolution 1 - Bedazey

Evolution 2 - Marenet

Evolution 3 - Wasalax

Moveset

Posted Image

bury the year

bury the year

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,614 posts
Accepted. As for my own opinions, I don't know whether the Orders work well on this line, as they're supposed to be designed after a queen bee directing her hive to attack for her.

dAx113Q.gif

Thar

Thar

Bruh.

• Button Masher

• 11,940 posts
    Last Visit 4 minutes ago
I was imagining the Orders depicting of Lilinet (which I forgot to change from Marenet in the spoiler) being the attacking leutenant before being "promoted" to a heavily-guarded place of royalty. It can work either way, in my opinion.

Posted Image

bury the year

bury the year

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,614 posts
Hmm, then I guess. I just didn't get that much of a military theme from them, that's all.

Choir Pokemon

dAx113Q.gif

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,310 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:25 AM

I am interested in joining.

Years ago I wrote a lot of Pokemon stuff (Abilities, Attacks, even berries, and a few Pokemon) and saved them in Notepads, and would like to share them here. I never worked on the Pokemon's BSTs nor their drawings, though.

Pokemon:

Grass Pokemon line

Water Pokemon line

Buneary male alternate evo

Ice/Bug Pokemon line

Might post more stuff later.

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gifwlWp4Vr.gif
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

bury the year

bury the year

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,614 posts
Accepted. I particularly liked your Grass-type line, although it took me a second to figure out why you picked the berries you did. My only question is how is a snail related to a shrimp and hermit crab? One's not aquatic, the other two are.

First of a three-stage set, need help w/ name.

dAx113Q.gif

Thar

Thar

Bruh.

• Button Masher

• 11,940 posts
    Last Visit 4 minutes ago

Name: ???
Species: Pottery Pokemon
Typing: Ghost/Rock
Abilities: Cursed Body, Insomnia, Rattled (DW)
Evolution: ??? -(lv. 27)-> ??? -(Dusk Stone)-> Amphorible
Appearance: ???'s main body is a cylindrical, Japanese-style tea cup, which is a dark purple with golden-brown zigzags encircling it. The cup stands upright, and a black blob spirit with golden eyes peeks out over the lip.
Pokedex Entry: Legend has it that a ??? is formed when cremation ashes are left unattended for too long. They curse anyone who tries to tip over their cup.

A pottery Pokemon which becomes a haunting spirit...

Cremlin (Cremation, gremlin)?

Posted Image

bury the year

bury the year

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,614 posts

A pottery Pokemon which becomes a haunting spirit...

Cremlin (Cremation, gremlin)?

Makes me think of Moscow too much. o_o;;

dAx113Q.gif

Thar

Thar

Bruh.

• Button Masher

• 11,940 posts
    Last Visit 4 minutes ago

Alright, how about Urnkul?

Also, a mosquito Pokemon, just cause

Posted Image

bury the year

bury the year

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,614 posts
Urnkul may work for the second stage - I intend to have it go cup -> urn -> amphora. And Bluzzkit is cute, although I think Regurgitate is just a worse Synchronize.

The typings of my region's Gym Leaders and Elite 4.

dAx113Q.gif

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Aurora
  • 10,279 posts
    Last Visit 5 minutes ago
  • Alias:Nai
An Idea

Just something that came out from my mind, still need some fine-tuning.

EDIT: I'll rework them completely, since right now, their theme is kind of a mishmash between several themes.

Posted Image

(Dae)

(Dae)

I said YOUNG MAN

• Sage's Bond
  • 7,776 posts
    Last Visit
Random legendary of sorts. Flavor has been done to death, but what the hey.

The Dynami region:

oversized dakimakura

2D sig

(Thanks @ Tormented)

Member card
Award stuff

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,310 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:25 AM

Accepted. I particularly liked your Grass-type line, although it took me a second to figure out why you picked the berries you did. My only question is how is a snail related to a shrimp and hermit crab? One's not aquatic, the other two are.

Thanks.

Berrusk is intented to resemble a sea snail rather than an garden one, with a Pecha Berry shell. Maybe I should change its species to "Sea snail".

Anyways, just want to point out that I made those before the IV Gen, that's why a Pokemon/ability/attack may be similar to a Pokemon/ability/attack from IV Gen or above (like Blizzantlion being part-antlion and part-centipede when Scolipede exists, or Quick Armor being similar to Defiant).

@Thar: I'm thinking Kadipire could very well be Bug/Dark,  just for it to stand out from the plethora of existing Bug/Poison types. And the name you chose for its ability is weird. How about Infection?

@Unsterblich: The Ability of your legendary may be too powerful, even for Ubers.

Sharing another Pokemon line:

Ice/Dragon crocodile

Again, this was done before Gen IV when Ice/Dragons and Sandile line did not exist yet. I took the oportunity to update them and give them Snow Cloak/Snow Warning as a second Ability option.

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gifwlWp4Vr.gif
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users