Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Fakemon Central

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
284 replies to this topic

bury the year

bury the year

reach heaven through violence

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,621 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:54 AM
  • Alias:Rinne
You could take the non-offensive route, using a lot of support moves combined with high defenses and a good ability (maybe Levitate). I'll think of some ideas that could work.

Also, my idea file. Any suggestions/thoughts?

dAx113Q.gif

edh decks • ephara, god of the polishallar, the firefletcher • jhoira, weatherlight captain (wip)

Master Red

Master Red

*personally victimised by Regina George*

• Advanced Members
  • 1,956 posts
    Last Visit Apr 30 2018 04:18 PM

wait have I been accepted or not? My name's not on the list xD

EPTinYugi

EPTinYugi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 176 posts
    Last Visit Jun 30 2014 10:40 PM

• The grass flying squirrel is fine, but I usually think of another Pikachu copy when it comes to rodent like Pokemon, except some few exceptions, so its great.
  • The wolf pup might evolve to a 2 headed, or look like it has 2 heads, then to 3 heads, is the direction you might go with. With the type for the evolution, you could do a branch or gender evolution, which would be different. You could try with the evolution with the few weaknesses, you can try this chart here for help, but its a suggestion.
  • Dog Pokemons are generally Normal-Type but you could go with a type that goes best with a Corgi Pokemon; don't know Corgis well so I can't help you there.
  • I can see Masquerain going to bug and fairy, so its nice.
  • Don't see why Dragonite turned to a Fairy/Dragon; I can see the its preevolutions going there but not really Dragonite when it finds Dragoniteite. (Sorry I wanted to put that there.)
  • Starmie will become the Death Star.

That's all the comments I have now but that's a good list you got there.  

My little sprite:pichu.gif

My Devianart!-My Fanfiction!-My DuelingNetwork!

In Russia...

kealix.gif

:P

bury the year

bury the year

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,621 posts

Master Red, you're accepted.

@EPTin:

• I was thinking of having a pair of bone plates on the wolf's shoulders for the final evolution to represent the Cerberus theme.

• Yeah, Masquerain's always been one of my favorites, so I'd love to see it get an upgrade.
• Dragonite being a Fairy-type was just because it looks a lot "friendlier" than other Dragon-types. Iunno. :/

dAx113Q.gif

edh decks • ephara, god of the polishallar, the firefletcher • jhoira, weatherlight captain (wip)

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,635 posts
    Last Visit 42 minutes ago

- Flying as secondary type will hurt the squirrel a lot (Stealth Rock, x4 damage from Ice, etc.) Why not go for Levitate instead?

- I would go with Fire/Dark for the cerberus

- Thinking that Sonneclef could be related to Meloetta somehow (a signature move that changes Meloetta's Normal-type to Fairy maybe?)

- The ice butterfly would be like a counterpart of Volcarona?

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gifwlWp4Vr.gif
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

Admiral_Stalfos19

Admiral_Stalfos19

The smartest undead being since 1989

• Advanced Members
  • 2,345 posts
    Last Visit Jun 02 2017 06:45 PM

You could take the non-offensive route, using a lot of support moves combined with high defenses and a good ability (maybe Levitate). I'll think of some ideas that could work.

Hmm... I can't actually say much about this list... except that the Manticore looks interesting, as do the two legendaries... and the water starter looks suspiciously close to was I was planning on making for a water starter. I'm sure it's just coincidental, but anyway...

Speaking of legendary fairies, I was in the middle of making some for my own region. Their types were Ground/Fairy, Grass/Fairy and Poison/Fairy, and I also made a Ghost/Dark legendary to go with them. I still want all four to be connected somehow, but I can't find anything to base any of them off for the moment.

Suggestions?

3DS Friend Code: 4785-4629-0710
^In case ya feel like adding me.

RP's I'm active in (in order of OOC launch)

Posted Image

My very own RWBY RP. I'll always be accepting applicants (on specific conditions, so check the RP itself for more details), so feel free to check it out.
Oh, and the avi? I made it myself :)

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Aurora
  • 10,311 posts
    Last Visit Today, 10:17 AM
  • Alias:Nai

[spoiler="Also, my idea file. Any suggestions/thoughts?"]Starters
• flying squirrel (Grass -> Grass -> Grass/Flying)

Underpowered compared to the rest of the starters, since the rest are dragons, or have better offensive/defensive type combination.
• firecracker dragon (Fire/Dragon)

I don't think 2 starters becoming dragon is a good idea. Though the idea of being a firecracker is quite good.
• lizard wearing Chinese style hat that turns into Chinese dragon, inspired by dragon boat? (Water -> Water -> Water/Dragon?)

This is good, a more accessible water/dragon is neat.
• wolf pup that becomes Cerberus (Fire -> Fire -> Fire/Ghost? Fire/Dark?)

Definitely better than the Fire/Dragon idea, but will need a new niche to not be compared to Houndoom
• red panda (Fire)

Well, this is quite interesting. ​Fire Fighting again?

Why do I get a china vibe from this...?

Will check the regulars later.

Posted Image

Thar

Thar

Bruh.

• Button Masher

• 12,040 posts
    Last Visit Today, 02:29 PM
  • Discord:Thar#3461
  • Spouse:Tormented

We should make a list of Pokemon based on Mythological beings. I think that'd be kinda fun.

zXAPmwn.png

Switch FC: SW-5328-8869-1579

bury the year

bury the year

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,621 posts

- Flying as secondary type will hurt the squirrel a lot (Stealth Rock, x4 damage from Ice, etc.) Why not go for Levitate instead?

- I would go with Fire/Dark for the cerberus

- Thinking that Sonneclef could be related to Meloetta somehow (a signature move that changes Meloetta's Normal-type to Fairy maybe?)

- The ice butterfly would be like a counterpart of Volcarona?

He's a starter so he'd get Overgrow, but Levitate could be a DW ability instead of Aerilate; sure; I already posted Sonneclef (search "Choir Pokemon"); and maybe, but not with as much a level investment.

Speaking of legendary fairies, I was in the middle of making some for my own region. Their types were Ground/Fairy, Grass/Fairy and Poison/Fairy, and I also made a Ghost/Dark legendary to go with them. I still want all four to be connected somehow, but I can't find anything to base any of them off for the moment.

Suggestions?

Playing card suits? Someone made a fake leak for XY with that as the theme for the four non-mascot legendaries.

Why do I get a china vibe from this...?

Will check the regulars later.

Really? I don't necessarily see it. o_o;;

We should make a list of Pokemon based on Mythological beings. I think that'd be kinda fun.

Well, what hasn't been done yet? Thinking only of Greek myths:

• Arachne

• Atlas

• Cerberus

• Hippocamps

• Nymphs

dAx113Q.gif

Thar

Thar

Bruh.

• Button Masher

• 12,040 posts

• Arachne

• Atlas

• Cerberus

• Hippocamps

• Nymphs

That's a start. Heck, we could make an entire game with just the major ones.

zXAPmwn.png

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Aurora
  • 10,311 posts
    Last Visit Today, 10:17 AM
  • Alias:Nai

Really? I don't necessarily see it. o_o;;

Dragons, firecrackers, red panda, and stuffs

though, maybe it's more like eastern asia motifs.

Posted Image

Admiral_Stalfos19

Admiral_Stalfos19

The smartest undead being since 1989

• Advanced Members
  • 2,345 posts
    Last Visit Jun 02 2017 06:45 PM

Playing card suits? Someone made a fake leak for XY with that as the theme for the four non-mascot legendaries.

Actually, card suits make actually work to some extent. It'll at least help with appearances if nothing else, since I have nothing in mind for that atm.

I'll have a go over it.

3DS Friend Code: 4785-4629-0710
^In case ya feel like adding me.

RP's I'm active in (in order of OOC launch)

Posted Image

My very own RWBY RP. I'll always be accepting applicants (on specific conditions, so check the RP itself for more details), so feel free to check it out.
Oh, and the avi? I made it myself :)

EPTinYugi

EPTinYugi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 176 posts

• Arachne

• Atlas

• Cerberus

• Hippocamps

• Nymphs

I was going to suggest The Four Heavenly Kings, a myth used by many animes and mangas except Pokemon. I thought it was strange of them not using it when they have extraordinary creatures and thought they might make legendaries off of them when they made a region based on a Chinese city, probably not going to happen with the supposed hate; I found out recently that the Elite Four are based on the idea and even called that when I went to the Wiki page. I did think of a regions elite that's type corresponds to the type the Gods could be:

Grass, Fire, Steel, Water, and Dragon. 6th gen was probably the closets to this.

Dragon, Flying, Steel, Ice, and Various is the 2nd version.

I know its kind of cliche basing off them but I really wanted legendaries based on the Four.

Should this Greek Myth Legendaries be a club collaboration? I already came up with types I think that's close enough to the big three.

Hades: Ghost-Dark or Ghost-Ground, he is the god of the underworld. (Earth?)

Poseidon: Water and maybe Ground or Flying, he is also the god of  storms and earthquakes. (Sea.)

Zeus: Electric and Flying, this one is the easier to find the types. (Sky.)

I also have 1 for Demeter because of her being the goddess of earth and each of the big 3 being related to Location type:

Demeter: Grass-Ground.

Edited by EPTinYugi, 26 November 2013 - 11:20 PM.

In Russia...

kealix.gif

Master Red

Master Red

*personally victimised by Regina George*

• Advanced Members
  • 1,956 posts
    Last Visit Apr 30 2018 04:18 PM

I'm basing a region on Greek actually so I'm thinking of possibly using the fates as legendaries :) Also, a medusa Pokemon but she'd be a standard Pokemon :)

bury the year

bury the year

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,621 posts
I'd have Hades be Ghost-Ground, Poseidon be Water-Steel (not sure of my rationale for that) and Zeus be Electric-Flying.

dAx113Q.gif

EPTinYugi

EPTinYugi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 176 posts

I'd have Hades be Ghost-Ground, Poseidon be Water-Steel (not sure of my rationale for that) and Zeus be Electric-Flying.

Thanks for the suggestion. I also agree on Hades and Zeus, just wanted to make sure. I think its the iconic trident that may be influencing the Water-Steel typing.

In Russia...

kealix.gif

Thar

Thar

Bruh.

• Button Masher

• 12,040 posts

Poseidon is the God of the seas, earthquakes, and horses, so I'd say he's more Water-Ground.

Then of course we have the Titans: Rock-type, Ice-type, Fire-Ground type, ??? (what'd be the typing for a tornado? Flying?)

zXAPmwn.png

Ascended Dragon Sage

Ascended Dragon Sage

I said YOUNG MAN

• Sage's Bond
  • 7,783 posts
    Last Visit 39 minutes ago
  • Alias:Dragon Sage

Name: Mega Electrode
Typing: Electric/Steel
Abilities: Levitate
Appearance: Coloring like a Master Ball. The "ball" is open, and hanging on its hinges, while levitating in the air. There are two antennae stuck on the upper body part.
BST: 60/50/70/100/80/140=500

I was working on a slightly more complicated design as an evolution back in the day, but I think this concept is more interesting. Special Attack should probably be the boosted stat, I'm just not sure how much. 20 currently.

oversized dakimakura

2D sig

(Thanks @ Tormented)

Member card
Stand stuff thanks to Armz
Award stuff

EPTinYugi

EPTinYugi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 176 posts

Then of course we have the Titans: Rock-type, Ice-type, Fire-Ground type, ??? (what'd be the typing for a tornado? Flying?)

There are many, so I gathered a list of some of the important/well known ones:

• Gaea= Ground-Grass.
  • Uranus= add some Dark here maybe?
  • Cronus= Dark-???.
  • Rhea
  • Oceanus= Water-???.
  • Tethys= Water-???.
  • Hyperion
  • Helios= Fire-???.
  • Mnemosyne= Psychic-Maybe.
  • Iapetus 
  • Phoebe= RockPsychic, or Dark?.
  • Thea= Dark or Psychic-???.
  • Epimetheus
  • Prometheus= Psychic-???.
  • Atlas= Fighting-Ground or Rock???.
  • Leto= Dark-???.
  • Styx
  • Hecate= Dark-???.
  • Dione= Psychic.
  • Themis
  • Coeus
  • Crius
The problem with Cronus is, there's already a Pokemon with the power and god of time, Dialga, so there might be a twist in his role and power; there are also some titans that deal with the moon. To lazy right now to come up with more typing; will edit later. 
Also
Tornadus, A legendary Flying-Type that is based, a little, on tornados, he at least has the name based on it.

Edited by EPTinYugi, 28 November 2013 - 01:27 PM.

In Russia...

kealix.gif

bury the year

bury the year

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,621 posts
I don't think we'd need to represent every titan through doing this, though, particularly because some of them overlap heavily.

dAx113Q.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users