• Created
  • Last Reply

Well, what hasn't been done yet? Thinking only of Greek myths:

• Arachne

• Atlas

• Cerberus

• Hippocamps

• Nymphs

I was going to suggest The Four Heavenly Kings, a myth used by many animes and mangas except Pokemon. I thought it was strange of them not using it when they have extraordinary creatures and thought they might make legendaries off of them when they made a region based on a Chinese city, probably not going to happen with the supposed hate; I found out recently that the Elite Four are based on the idea and even called that when I went to the Wiki page. I did think of a regions elite that's type corresponds to the type the Gods could be:

Grass, Fire, Steel, Water, and Dragon. 6th gen was probably the closets to this.

Dragon, Flying, Steel, Ice, and Various is the 2nd version.

I know its kind of cliche basing off them but I really wanted legendaries based on the Four.

Should this Greek Myth Legendaries be a club collaboration? I already came up with types I think that's close enough to the big three.

Hades: Ghost-Dark or Ghost-Ground, he is the god of the underworld. (Earth?)

Poseidon: Water and maybe Ground or Flying, he is also the god of  storms and earthquakes. (Sea.)

Zeus: Electric and Flying, this one is the easier to find the types. (Sky.)

I also have 1 for Demeter because of her being the goddess of earth and each of the big 3 being related to Location type:

Demeter: Grass-Ground.

I'd have Hades be Ghost-Ground, Poseidon be Water-Steel (not sure of my rationale for that) and Zeus be Electric-Flying.

Thanks for the suggestion. I also agree on Hades and Zeus, just wanted to make sure. I think its the iconic trident that may be influencing the Water-Steel typing.

I'd have Hades be Ghost-Ground, Poseidon be Water-Steel (not sure of my rationale for that) and Zeus be Electric-Flying.

Poseidon is the God of the seas, earthquakes, and horses, so I'd say he's more Water-Ground.

Then of course we have the Titans: Rock-type, Ice-type, Fire-Ground type, ??? (what'd be the typing for a tornado? Flying?)

Name: Mega Electrode
Typing: Electric/Steel
Abilities: Levitate
Appearance: Coloring like a Master Ball. The "ball" is open, and hanging on its hinges, while levitating in the air. There are two antennae stuck on the upper body part.
BST: 60/50/70/100/80/140=500

I was working on a slightly more complicated design as an evolution back in the day, but I think this concept is more interesting. Special Attack should probably be the boosted stat, I'm just not sure how much. 20 currently.

Then of course we have the Titans: Rock-type, Ice-type, Fire-Ground type, ??? (what'd be the typing for a tornado? Flying?)

There are many, so I gathered a list of some of the important/well known ones:

• Gaea= Ground-Grass.
  • Uranus= add some Dark here maybe?
  • Cronus= Dark-???.
  • Rhea
  • Oceanus= Water-???.
  • Tethys= Water-???.
  • Hyperion
  • Helios= Fire-???.
  • Mnemosyne= Psychic-Maybe.
  • Iapetus 
  • Phoebe= RockPsychic, or Dark?.
  • Thea= Dark or Psychic-???.
  • Epimetheus
  • Prometheus= Psychic-???.
  • Atlas= Fighting-Ground or Rock???.
  • Leto= Dark-???.
  • Styx
  • Hecate= Dark-???.
  • Dione= Psychic.
  • Themis
  • Coeus
  • Crius
The problem with Cronus is, there's already a Pokemon with the power and god of time, Dialga, so there might be a twist in his role and power; there are also some titans that deal with the moon. To lazy right now to come up with more typing; will edit later. 
[spoiler=Also]250px-641Tornadus.pngtornadus-therian.jpg
Tornadus, A legendary Flying-Type that is based, a little, on tornados, he at least has the name based on it.[/spoiler]. 

Currently working on a Pokemon for the inanimate object competition at OmnisRegion. I've come up with this mouselike creature based on an alarm clock but I'm completely at a loss for what to call it. It's a Normal/Steel type, not sure about the ability yet and I don't think it's going to evolve.

I've been thinking of incorporating "Hickory Dickory Dock" (mouse inside a clock) somehow but I'm kind of at a loss coming up with something that doesn't sound rubbish. Anyone got any neat ideas?

Currently working on a Pokemon for the inanimate object competition at OmnisRegion. I've come up with this mouselike creature based on an alarm clock but I'm completely at a loss for what to call it. It's a Normal/Steel type, not sure about the ability yet and I don't think it's going to evolve.

I've been thinking of incorporating "Hickory Dickory Dock" (mouse inside a clock) somehow but I'm kind of at a loss coming up with something that doesn't sound rubbish. Anyone got any neat ideas?

Is it a analog alarm clock/mouse hybrid? If it is, you can do a analog mouseclock to digital mouseclock to symbolize the evolution of technology. Is there any time related abilities in the games? I think you can try one of those if they exists. Here's the list of all of them. Don't have anything for a name except Micklory, after Mickey Mouse, sorry! 

How many stages is it? You could just do some garbled version of "hickory," and if it's three stages, use the other two words. If the alarm's the focus of the design, Soundproof would work as an ability.

They are based on old alarm clocks with their ears forming the actual 'bell' which they can strike with their tail to make lots of noise. Idk why but I'd be expect (as an animal, which is what pokemon are mostly based on) you'd be quite freaked out if a mouse all of the sudden started making that kind of noise haha.

I think it'll be a three stage evolution at this point, just started designing the second stage and got an idea for how I could possibly make the third stage ^^

They are based on old alarm clocks with their ears forming the actual 'bell' which they can strike with their tail to make lots of noise. Idk why but I'd be expect (as an animal, which is what pokemon are mostly based on) you'd be quite freaked out if a mouse all of the sudden started making that kind of noise haha.

I think it'll be a three stage evolution at this point, just started designing the second stage and got an idea for how I could possibly make the third stage ^^

Hmm... I still don't see it, particularly because Intimidate seems to be used primarily for Pokemon of a visually-fearsome type. If it's a Pokemon that likes to move around or be active (which a windup mouse makes me think of), then why not Hustle? Since it's a clock, Own Tempo could work too.

EDIT: Also, trying to think of a name for this gym leader. A good explanation for the name's meaning would help.

1. ??, the region’s daycare man who moonlights as a leader when the daycare gets a bit slow. Elderly and compassionate, he sees himself less as a test than an evaluator for how well a trainer's connected with their Pokemon; and thus his gym is very straightforward. He uses Fairy types and gives the Care Badge.

EDIT: Also, trying to think of a name for this gym leader. A good explanation for the name's meaning would help.

Raphael, maybe? I was thinking any of the three archangel's names would suffice, but...

A.) Michael's too common a name, as my brother knows a whole heap of people by that name.

B.) Gabriel sounds too feminine, and you're obviously going for a male by the looks of it.

Hmm... I still don't see it, particularly because Intimidate seems to be used primarily for Pokemon of a visually-fearsome type. If it's a Pokemon that likes to move around or be active (which a windup mouse makes me think of), then why not Hustle? Since it's a clock, Own Tempo could work too.

@the Gym Leader - Seraphim perhaps? It's a sort of celestial holy being in some kind of mythology/reliogion.

I was thinking kind of in regards to what they did with Masquerain, but that's based on the pattern thing making it look like a scary face or something, so still visual I guess. I do see your point and I think I'll give up on intimidate, they'll probably have their own signature move instead. I'm thinking it's either a sound based move that can cause the opponent to flinch or a sound based move that does massive damage on a sleeping Pokemon (but also wakes it up).

I finally decided on some names which I'm pretty happy with, but let me know what you think and if you have any other ideas.

Stage 1

http://media.tumblr.com/107e1c78ea4c79228f1fa3a4d9e909c5/tumblr_inline_mx32n0sbuE1srs4ka.jpg

Hicklock

Alarmouse Pokemon

0',10" , 1.2 lbs

Normal/Steel

Soundproof / Own Tempo [Hidden: Hustle]

"They strike their tails hard upon their ears to make noise. This habit has been found to be used for both hunting and to scare off predators."

Stage 2 - Evolves from Hicklock starting at level 24

http://media.tumblr.com/bc2add4db5d6629b4f4a846b3a31ffc3/tumblr_inline_mx32qfqjTn1srs4ka.jpg

Dickoryng

Alarmouse Pokemon

1',10", 10.2 lbs

Normal/Steel

"Dickoryng are very docile and friendly creatures. They seem to be very unfazed by humans as wild Dickoryng can occasionally be seen strolling through large metropolitan cities." 

Stage 3 - evolves from Dickoryng starting at level 43

http://media.tumblr.com/a7318ba4f181a887e5bf67f8944780c6/tumblr_inline_mx32stLqos1srs4ka.jpg

Dockronus

Alarmouse Pokemon

3'10", 28.2 lbs

Normal/Steel

"They swing their tails hard enough to break concrete. These Pokemon should be approached carefully in the wild as they are very protective of their young."

I've had this earthworm type Pokemon idea for quite some time now:

Stage 1

Wigglurm

Worm Pokemon

0' 4", 0.1 lbs

Bug / Ground

Dry Skin / Damp

"Most of their time is spent up to 3 feet deep in rich soil. At night, they appear on the surface to eat any littered food and speed up its decomposition in its digestive tract, turning it into more soil."

Stage 2 (Level 16 + Dark Stone)

Necrawlor

Worm Pokemon

1' 0", 0.5 lbs

Bug / Dark

Hydration / Bad Dreams

"This creepy crawler can be found in marshy areas at night. It is said that when the skin of a Necrawlor touches your skin, you grow tired and want to sleep. Then while you are lying down, it crawls into your ear and gives the victim terrible nightmares."

Stage 2 (Level 16 + Water Stone)

Lampredor

Worm Pokemon

1' 0", 0.4 lbs

Bug / Water

Hydration / Water Absorb

WIP

@Moron: I like it, accepted. My only question is why it has Bad Dreams, because I thought that was a Darkrai-exclusive ability.

I dunno, cause it fit with what it is. It's supposed to be a "dream leech" that crawls into your ear and gives you bad dreams. If there was a watered-down version of it, then Necrawlor could have it.

Archived