Fakemon Central

bury the year

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Poison attack is a good idea but I cannot think on any decent one that fits the taekwon theme: neither Poison Jab nor Cross Poison are leg-themed, and Poison Tail/Fang wouldn't be useful. Maybe Gunk Shot?

And as you previously suggested, it could use an offensive ability too, not necessarily Iron Fist or a kick-move equivalent. Adaptability and Sheer Force would be good options. Regenerator with such HP is not bad at all, though.

Suggestions aside, the first thing I'm gonna do is change the names of the last two forms, since I forgot how to spell Taekwondo... and this spell check is useless <_<

Anyway, Bulk Up and Dragon Dance are going in the movepool, for sure. I could throw Iron Tail and Poison Tail in there as well for the anti-Fairy moves, though you're better off switching against Fairies anyway. Still, those two still use the lower part of the body at least, so they'd fit better than anything else.

Abilities though, I'm undecided. I could always replace Magma Armor with an anti-Ice Sap Sipper or something :/

EDIT: How's this?

NEW ABILITY: Icicle Harness

The wielder does not take damage from Ice-type attacks. Instead, its Attack is raised by 1 stage when it is hit by one.

EDIT: How's this?

NEW ABILITY: Icicle Harness

The wielder does not take damage from Ice-type attacks. Instead, its Attack is raised by 1 stage when it is hit by one.

First, the name is too long. An ability name can only have up to 12 characters, including spaces (that's why "Compound eyes" is written as "Compoundeyes"). But you could just write it as "Ice Harness".

And I would be fine with that ability.

[spoiler='Some more towns and cities.']

Larimar Town:

Starting town.Known for holding a festival each year and its bountiful berry fields.

Palladium City:

An average burgh home to the first gym. People gather for the rich history of the town and the castle, which also serves as the gym.

Tourmaline City:

The largest city in the region and home to the fifth gym. As a multi-leveled city, advanced rail transports are the only way to get around in the city.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='And a fire sprite of sorts.']

Name: Ignisprite (Ignite+Sprite)

Species: Sprite Pokémon

Typing: Fire/Fairy

Ability: Flame Body/Levitate (HA Serene Grace)

Evolution Line: Does not evolve.

Appearance: A red aura surrounds it. Its limbs are separated from the main body and it is seen floating above the ground.

Pokedex Entry: Can generate thousands degree heat using strange powers. Known to be very mischievous. 

BST: 30/70/80/90/70/80=440

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='COUNTERPART.']

Name: Faerice

Species: Faerie Pokémon

Typing: Ice/Fairy

Abilities: Ice Body/Snow Cloak (HA Serene Grace

Evolution Line: Does not evolve.

Appearance:LAgQ9fW.jpg

(More of my crappy drawings, in essence at least)

Pokédex Entry: Eternal rivals with Ignisprites. Generally the more level-headed of the two species.

BST: 70/40/60/110/90/80=450[/spoiler]

I am probably terrible…

First, the name is too long. An ability name can only have up to 12 characters, including spaces (that's why "Compound eyes" is written as "Compoundeyes"). 

Huh, forgot about the 12 character limit. But I'll go ahead with Ice Harness as its new name.

But anyway, it makes Taemodo a solid check if not a counter to bulky Waters, especially if given an Electric kicking move. It'll be better than Wild Charge since although it'll be slightly less powerful (85 as opposed to 90 if we stick to Blaze Kick stats) and less accurate, it won't have the recoil that kills the bulkier mons :)

Hrm, I wonder... has the idea of 4 legendary Elementals ever occurred to Game Freak?

Name: Colosurok
Species: Elemental
Typing: Rock
Abilities: Solid Rock / Vital Spirit
Appearance: All mountain rock with cube-like body, limbs, fingers, and head. Said to be the height of a 10-story building.
Pokedex Entry: This legendary elemental is said to have been awoken by miners who were blasting the mountains in search for gold. Since then, the mountains have been left alone, and the miners were never seen again.
BST: HP: 200/ATK: 80/DEF: 120/SPA: 100/SPD: 100/SPE: 25 = 625

Name: Maelstrocean
Typing: Water
Abilities: Rain Dish / Vital Spirit
Appearance: A super-humanoid figure composed of nothing but the water of the sea. Can be as big as a Galleon ship in height.
Pokedex Entry: This legendary elemental was said to have been awoken by pirates who disturbed its waters with tossed bloody corpses. Since then, pirates feared the sea and merchants steer clear of wide-open water.
BST: HP: 200/ATK: 120/DEF: 80/SPA: 100/SPD: 100/SPE: 45 = 625

Name: Lavancinera
Typing: Fire
Abilities: Magma Armor / Vital Spirit
Appearance: Takes on a female humanoid form composed of lava with accents of flame. Can grow up to 8 stories high depending on the volcano she appears from.
Pokedex Entry: This legendary elemental is said to be the most devious of all elementals. When she emerges, she seduces the village by taking human form and leading them to the volcano, later revealing herself and incinerating everyone.
BST: HP: 150/ATK: 150/DEF: 80/SPA: 120/SPD: 75/SPE: 50 = 625

Name: Cyclavian
Typing: Flying
Abilities: Hyper Cutter / Vital Spirit
Appearance: Takes on a bird form with wings that look like F-2 tornados cut in half like a giant sausage. Its talons are F-0s and its body is an F-4. It's head is a mystery for it is not often there.
Pokedex Entry: This legendary elemental brings catastrophic terror everywhere it touches ground. Usually asleep in the form of a cumulonimbus cloud, it is said that it was once awoken by a flying object or Pokemon flying through it. 
BST: HP: 150/ATK: 150/DEF: 80/SPA: 120/SPD: 50/SPE: 75 = 625

[spoiler=Serpent Starter]

2rm6pg8.jpg

[hr]

Name: Ebbabi (Ebb + Baby)[name is not officially decided]

Species: The Tidal Serpent Pokemon

Type: Water

Ability: Torrent  Hidden Ability: [acronym='Floods the field upon entering, increasing the power of water moves and decreasing the power of fire type moves.']Surge[/acronym]

Evolution Line: Ebbabi -Level 16-> Surgent -Level 36-> (unnamed final evolution)

Appearance: right most figure in the above picture

PokeDex Entry:

Most commonly seen during the beginning of both high and low tide, Ebbabi is a favorite starter Pokemon in the [insert new region name] region. Being very dependent on their mother, Ebbabis are never too far from them. It is said that for every Ebbabi seen there is at least one more [insert final evolution name] below the rolling surface of the ocean. Trainers are particularly careful not to harm the Ebbabi for fear of angering their mother.

Basic Stats:

HP: 41

Attack: 60

Defense: 45

Sp. Attack: 50

Sp. Defense: 50

Speed: 63

[hr]

Name: Surgent

Species: The Tidal Serpent Pokemon

Type: Water/Dragon

Ability: Torrent  Hidden Ability: [acronym='Floods the field upon entering, increasing the power of water moves and decreasing the power of fire type moves.']Surge[/acronym]

Evolution Line: Ebbabi -Level 16-> Surgent -Level 36-> (unnamed final evolution)

Appearance: left most figure in the above picture

PokeDex Entry: Surgents are not nearly as social as their preevolutions. Tending to reside more off the coast, they also are in the stage of their life where traveling in packs are no longer the norm. Surgents often battle with random passerby to test its own strength. Once accurately gauging their own power, Surgents will regain a school and continue their lives to hopefully become the leader of the school. 

Basic Stats:

HP: 59

Attack: 70

Defense: 55

Special Attack: 70

Sp. Defense: 60

Speed: 70

(No information on the final evolution)

[/spoiler]

Hopefully this is good. I don't have anything for the final evolution yet

700 is waaaaaaaaay too big for something with wonderguard. 600 would be more logical, though for cover legendaries, 680 can be good. Maelstocean and Cyclavian are pretty much broken.

Alright, I decreased the total BST to 625 for each, but I don't understand how the two you mentioned are broken.

Water one is pretty much too bulky, even for Uber standards, and that does not include Wonder Guard, which'll make it unkillable even with an SE move. Wind one is a ridiculously fast sweeper that have ridiculous bulk, and wonder guard'll make revenge killing it impossible other than using shard, and it's just not strong enough. Even with SR up, it'll still wreck a lot. But they're fine now.

[b]Name:[/b] ____

[b]Species:[/b] Puppy Pokemon.

[b]Typing:[/b] Fire.

[b]Abilities:[/b] Blaze, Cursed Body (DW).

[b]Appearance:[/b] A small dog that resembles a foxhound, with purplish-black fur and golden eyes. The upper half of a skull is patterned on top of its head, a la Cubone.

[b]Pokedex Entry:[/b] ___ are known for being very tenacious guard dogs and will protect their trainers with undying loyalty. However, trainers that do evil acts can easily lose a ____'s respect.

Ideas for name? It's supposed to be the region's Fire-type starter that evolves into a Fire-Ghost Cerberus.

Ah, this reminds me of a romhack back then with a monotype Flying mon with 950 bst and wonderguard, and it's not even late game yet. Good times. Also @Vigilante, maybe Leviaflow for the final stage?

That name is perfection! I have been trying to come up with a name for days now and the best I had was Leviaphoon, but it sounds too awkward for me. Leviaflow it is! :D Thanks a ton!

Again, Game Freak, why haven't you thought of a Pokemon game in outer space?

Sun and moon:

Name: Solarath

Species: Sun Pokemon

Typing: Fire / Rock

Abilities: Blaze / Magic Guard

Appearance: It's body is composed of boulders roughly etched out into cone-shaped limbs that are connected to the body but not attached. It is completely engulfed in flame with miniature solar flares peeling off random points of it.

Pokedex Entry: Legend states that a cluster of meteoroids flew so close to the sun that a solar flare hit them, creating a mysterious power that formed them into a figure to later be named Solarath after its discovery by astronomers via a powerful telescope.

Name: Lunar

Species: Moon Pokemon

Typing: Dark / Rock

Abilities: Dark Aura, Magic Guard

Appearance: Similar to Solarath, only not engulfed in flames, its limbs are attached, and the detail of its body structure is similar to Cathedral Terra Lazangann, only not canon in appearance and not as big.

Pokedex Entry: When the moon was created, a giant asteroid hit the Earth and knocked off a big chunk, that of which was shaped into a sphere by Earth's gravitational influence. During these events, however, the influence generated a mysterious force that gave life to the moon, making it able to transform into a confined standing form when disturbed.

Name: Impburr (imp-burr)
Species: Snow Monkey Pokémon
Typing: Ice / Fighting
Abilities: Snow Cloak / Technician (DW)
Evolution Line: Impburr --(Level 40)--> Blizzape
Appearance: Most of Impburr's body is covered in snow-white hair. The hair surrounding its round head is connected to a large expanse of hair that resembles an oversized cravat that covers up most of its body; the hair covering its head and the cravat-like expanse of hair has a barely noticeable yellow tinge that distinguishes those parts from the rest of the body. Atop its head are two sprouts that curve in opposing directions of each other and there are three curving bangs on its forehead that connects to the hair outlining Impburr's circular face. Impburr's face is composed of its pinkish-red skin, two oval-shaped eyes with black irises, a black speck for a nose, and a curved mouth; two ears reside on either side of its head. Its hair covers the entire length of its arms except for the hands which is composed of four fingers each and its hair only reaches down to its knees where it expands outwards; its legs are short with three-toed feet. Finally, it has a bobbed tail with hair that expands outward similar to its leg hair. Overall, it has a small stature and is naturally bipedal.
Pokedex Entry: (1st) Residing in subzero temperatures, it must be constantly on the move or risk ice forming on its body. (2nd) Highly social, this Pokémon lives in clans of up to thirty members with each clan having their own unique social hierarchy.
Origin: Impburr is based on a Japanese macaque with its white hair symbolizing snow. Its name is a combination of imp and burr. Imp meaning a mischievous child which is also often used to describe small monkeys as well as to describe Impburr's short stature. While burr is a phrase used to describe something cold.
BST: 50 HP / 75 ATK / 50 DEF / 45 SPA / 45 SPD / 85 SPE = 350

Name: Blizzape (bliz-zape)
Species: Snow Mountain Pokémon
Typing: Ice / Fighting
Abilities: Iron Fist / Ice Body / Technician (DW)
Evolution Line: Impburr --(Level 40)--> Blizzape
Appearance: Like its previous evolution, Blizzape is a bipedal, primate-inspired Pokémon covered in snow-white hair; although, unlike its previous evolution, it can also become quadrupedal. It has a gargantuan stature that consists almost entirely of pure muscle. Its head is a stylized gorilla-shape with the top of its head resembling a snowy mountain top. It retains its signature pinkish-red skin color and it has a noticeably large canine protruding from its closed mouth pointing upwards. The hair on Blizzape's torso, head, and arms is a different white than the rest of its body similarly to its previous evolution. Growing out of its shoulders are large pieces of icicles pointing upwards; shorter icicles can also been seen protruding from its knuckles with three on either hand. As with its previous evolution, its hands have four fingers each and its feet have three toes each. The hair of the lower half of its body starts from its torso all the way down to its ankle; at its torso, the two different-colored hairs is separated in a way that forms an image of three pointed mountains. It generally has an angry-looking face as opposed to the happy face of its previous evolution.
Pokedex Entry: (1st) This Pokémon enjoys bathing in natural hot springs atop snowy, volcanic mountains. In legends, it is known as the guardian of snowy mountains. (2nd) Thanks to its highly-developed muscles and thicker coat, it no longer needs to constantly move around, allowing large icicles to grow all over its body. It uses these icicles for both offensive and defensive purposes.
Origin: Blizzape is based on a gorilla and a snow-covered mountain with elements of a brawler or fist-fighter. Its overall appearance may also be based on the abominable snowman or Yeti. Its characteristic of bathing in naturally-occurring hot springs is based on Japanese macaques. Its name is a combination of blizzard, fist, and ape.
BST: 100 HP / 130 ATK / 90 DEF / 70 SPA / 90 SPD / 70 SPE = 550

Rinne, as for your fire dog starter, how about Embark? A combination of ember and bark. The typing is kinda strange though with it being a secondary Ghost-type in its later evolutions. I would've gone with Fire / Dark.

Again, Game Freak, why haven't you thought of a Pokemon game in outer space?

Sun and moon:

Name: Solarath
Species: Sun Pokemon
Typing: Fire / Rock
Abilities: Blaze / Magic Guard
Appearance: It's body is composed of boulders roughly etched out into cone-shaped limbs that are connected to the body but not attached. It is completely engulfed in flame with miniature solar flares peeling off random points of it.
Pokedex Entry: Legend states that a cluster of meteoroids flew so close to the sun that a solar flare hit them, creating a mysterious power that formed them into a figure to later be named Solarath after its discovery by astronomers via a powerful telescope.

Name: Lunar
Species: Moon Pokemon
Typing: Dark / Rock
Abilities: Dark Aura, Magic Guard
Appearance: Similar to Solarath, only not engulfed in flames, its limbs are attached, and the detail of its body structure is similar to Cathedral Terra Lazangann, only not canon in appearance and not as big.
Pokedex Entry: When the moon was created, a giant asteroid hit the Earth and knocked off a big chunk, that of which was shaped into a sphere by Earth's gravitational influence. During these events, however, the influence generated a mysterious force that gave life to the moon, making it able to transform into a confined standing form when disturbed.

Reminds me a lot of Lunatone and Solrock. Are they supposed to be Legendaries?
I need help with a name for a Flying-type Male Elite Four that makes super hero shows on TV. I have Vento, (italian for wind), but it doesn't really feel like a name&hellip;

Whoops, I forgot to add to the name for the Moon Pokemon. Oh well.

Reminds me a lot of Lunatone and Solrock. Are they supposed to be Legendaries?

They weren't in space.

I need help with a name for a Flying-type Male Elite Four that makes super hero shows on TV. I have Vento, (italian for wind), but it doesn't really feel like a name&hellip;

Zabor (Romanian for "flying")

Vant (Romanian for "wind")

Steigen (German for "soar")

Archived