Anime and Sometimes Manga Club

Nicο

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... Um, yeah.

Let me just do what some of you did on the previous page.

1. Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou < Anime of the season

1. Captain Earth < [acronym='Ene']Nico[/acronym] should give this a try. I know you don't particularly like Mecha, but I think you'd really like Akari ([acronym='Mahou Shoujo Hacker']don't really know why[/acronym])

1. Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? < Anime of the season

1. Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season < Yazawa Nico Nico desu

1. No Game No Life < Anime of the season

2. Black Bullet

2. Gokukoku no Brynhildr
2. Isshuukan Friends.
2. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
2. Mekakucity Actors
3. Happiness Charge Precure!

3. Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky

3. M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane

3. Seikoku no Dragonar < The manga is better

^Everything I'm currently watching this season^

I'm welcome to suggestions for anything this season besides Mahouka (read some of the manga a while before the anime started airing; didn't particularly like it) because I'm sure I'd enjoy anything else. What's the next most moe besides what I'm watching?

The only thing is, I'd prefer it be something that will end this season because I'm not fully caught up with what I'm already watching. Like I said though, I'm sure I'd enjoy something else this season because most of them are great.

1. Captain Earth < [acronym='Ene']Nico[/acronym] should give this a try. I know you don't particularly like Mecha, but I think you'd really like Akari ([acronym='Mahou Shoujo Hacker']don't really know why[/acronym])

ikr, I have a feeling I'm just that dumb. Also, hacka?

What's the next most moe besides what I'm watching?

The only thing is, I'd prefer it be something that will end this season because I'm not fully caught up with what I'm already watching. Like I said though, I'm sure I'd enjoy something else this season because most of them are great.

I'd say Haikyuu (yes, moe for miles <3) but since something that will end this season, do Mangaka and Inugami & Nekoyama. They are both too moe to pass up and will add up to less than a regular show. First one is much more funny but the other one is much more yuri. Do watch.

ikr, I have a feeling I'm just that dumb. Also, hacka?

I'd say Haikyuu (yes, moe for miles <3) but since something that will end this season, do Mangaka and Inugami & Nekoyama. They are both too moe to pass up and will add up to less than a regular show. First one is much more funny but the other one is much more yuri. Do watch.

Yes, she's a hacka.

Then I'll watch the second one fo sure.

EDIT: Wait, those are both shorts (you did say that). I meant a full anime (but like I said, something that's ending this season).

Yes, she's a hacka.

Then I'll watch the second one fo sure.

EDIT: Wait, those are both shorts (you did say that). I meant a full anime (but like I said, something that's ending this season).

Still too awesome not to.

I have nothing else that ends this season. 

And the length of Mangaka-san is only about half as much as a full one, you could put episodes together as 2 halves or something, you'd seriously be missing out not to try it. Don't you already have quite a bit, anyway?

And yeah, Dragonar Academy's manga is totally better.

And the length of Mangaka-san is only about half as much as a full one, you could put episodes together as 2 halves or something, you'd seriously be missing out not to try it. Don't you already have quite a bit, anyway?

And yeah, Dragonar Academy's manga is totally better.

I guess I should then.

Yeah.

I like a bunch of anime from this season ^_^

Do you mind naming any? Preferably if it's something I'm not watching.

• 4 weeks later...

ReviveRevival.png

REVIVE REVIVAL THE THREAD inb4noonegetsit

Anyways, season almost over, some anime already are over, whatcha guys reckon as anime of the season?

Personally, Ping Pong. That and Gochuumon's been in very tight competition for the top for some time in my head, but in the end, Ping Pong was beautiful. With that said, Gochuumon still ranks a very close second, it's just so moe and heartwarming. Third I'd put Jojo and Chaika on tie. It's Jojo but it's part 3 and slow, and Chaika's unexpectedly good all around.

inb4noonegetsit

I didn't get it but I searched the image and all I can say is that guy's name sounds funny. 

Personally Mekakucity Actors. Not that great but it goes along with my bias of all time favorite series as a well multi-media project. I laughed unconditionally the wrong amount at this, that is, probably the most out of everything I've watched within this season. All them feels too. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo buying up that light novel next year. 

Second has gotta be Haikyuu!! The drive, the inspiration man. I pushed to get it into it's "inspirational" status on the site I'm a moderator of, even though I'm pretty much the only one watched it. I'm glad from what I've heard YCM seems to be quite enjoying it. 

Then, for the same sort of inspirationalism with such heartwarming, One Week Friends so far, unless something goes really wrong in the last episode. 

Ping Pong and Baby Steps get that sort of inspirational feel as well from what I've heard, just because of the general feel most sports anime seem to show. I feel like I really need to try them out some time.

3. Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky

I've been enjoying this more than I should have, so I'm going to bump it up to 2nd (to be tied with all those others).

I'm not much of a talker (Ene knows how to keep a club like this going, if you'd look at his post^ I think he's just lazy.), but I have to say these are all my 1st place anime of the season. I really can't pick just one or two this season. Spring is always my favorite season of the year, so it's no wonder.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

Captain Earth

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?

Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season

No Game No Life

• 2 weeks later...

Finale time. I'll write this as I finish each show I'm watching:

Stardust Crusaders: #1 in Top 3 this season. Not the finale, but the end of the season, no less. All I can say is that I'm glad I knew the show was gonna continue LONG after this one, cause that would've been a pretty underwhelming final battle... especially considering it wasn't with Dio. SUPER hyped for that battle. It's been far too long since the first part.

La Corde D'Oro: Sadly one of the most underappreciated animes of the season. Granted I'm a sucker for classical music, but the music was only slightly more of a selling factor to me than the actual drama. The characters were meh, but I'm not one to complain about stale characters when I enjoy the show as a whole, the music being the cherry on top. As for the final episode, it was definitely worth sitting through the tension of some of the characters... unlike School Days (why am I even comparing this show to School Days? It's like comparing Buffy the Vampire Killer to Twilight.)

File of Young Kindaichi Returns: I've never seen its predeccor, but like La Corde D'Oro, it was another underappreciated show with stale characters and cheesy drama, but just all-around entertaining and a great filler for some of the more flambouyant animes this season. I never got into these detective-esque mysteries, but I feel like I should, cause I just love seeing these kinds of cases get strung together. Criminal Minds and Law & Order are fine for this kind of stuff, but I'd rather see a prodigy character take care of what the professionals can't. So despite the season finale being a cliffhanger, I might continue this to see how it'll play out.

Black Bullet: First episode in, I kept hearing comments on how wrong it is to have little girls as the supporting roles, but I don't mind at all. Heck, the only way that'd have been an issue is if there was actual sexual content, even if just off-screen. But there wasn't, just jokes played by the writers to f*ck with the watchers. Anyway, despite the characters not being the best, the action made up for it, and the drama was a notch above the worst this season had to offer. A few bombs dropped here and there made it stand out, and the main antagonist was one of the best I've seen let alone with the supporting role of his daughter (kawaii girls wanting to cut things. Love that sh*t.)

Magica Wars: To me, this show looked like a Gainax parody of Madoka. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually was. Either way, this was pretty lackluster for Gainax, especially after Kill la Kill.

Comic Artist and his Assistants: So funny. I never thought I'd laugh this hard at someone's pervertedness, let alone salute him for it. Aito has the best harem in my book, hand's down.

No Game No Life: #2 in Top 3 this season. I think this goes without saying, this is one of the best animes this season. Repeating previously-made comments, this show doesn't take itself too seriously while still being clever and badass as f*ck. Shiro is boring and stale, but with her cuteness is the perfect supporting factor for Sora's charismatic image. Steph's role as fanservice was good eye candy as if the show wasn't pleasing enough, and Kurami Zell is just a dream to look at and hear speak. Definitely a must-watch for people who haven't seen it yet. Looking forward to Blank's battle with God.

If Her Flag Breaks: Can this harem get any bigger? I mean holy sh*t, talk about a dying wish. If only my numbered days as a young man granted me this many girlfriends. Hell, the plot doesn't even matter that much anymore. The only thing to wonder is who will head-canonly bang Souta next. In that regard, this wasn't the best, but with as belittled as the plot got throughout, the dark twist the show had made it just interesting enough to press on.

Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san: Hands-down the cutest anime I've ever seen, let alone short. The yuri is just plain adorable and everyone's character being based off animals made it even more pleasing to my kawaii senses.

Mekakucity Actors: #3 in Top 3 this season. It's definitely different from what I'm used to, but considering how weed-inducing the art-style was in Madoka, I expected no less from the same studio. All-in-all, the atmosphere was this anime's most contributing factor and it really engrossed me into the concept of the Mekakushi Dan and their purpose.

-

So begins the hype for next season.

​I'll be honest. By the end of this season I realized I dropped everything except Chaika, Mangaka and Assistant, and No Game No Life. All of which were good. Even if Chaika's main relationship is not very good everything else in it is done surprisingly well and f*ck classical this is the most underappreciated.

Captain Earth was just bland in pretty much every possible way. Except Teppei. Teppei was actually a pretty good character when he wasn't randomly mentioning how useless he is. Why the f*ck wasn't he made the Captain? I can't even remember the actual main character's name.

Mekakucity Actors had pretty solid characters and its aesthetic was interesting but it really didn't have much going on in it at all and its writing got worse and worse over time. I ended up being more unsatisfied by it than Captain Earth because at the end of the episode I'd always say to myself, "We're still in the exact same day and literally nothing else has happened past that robbery scene EXCEPT just talking."

f*ck classical this is the most underappreciated.

Not enough people listen to classical, so I felt like part of a pretty small minority there.

I would've continued watching Chaika had they made the incantations for their abilities less of a drag to listen to.

Suppose I should throw in my own opinions as well.

Atelier Eschatology: As I haven't played that particular game I can't comment on its value as an adaption, but it more or less has that relaxing atmosphere we all know and love the Atelier games for(meaning just me). The OP song is 9/10 nice as well, better than the game version.

Black Bullet: This was at its best during the first arc, to be honest. It's the same old humanity vs. something threatening them to extinction concept with the MC being special(Although in this case, not particularly special, which is relaxing to see). Cute lolis, but the suspense from the vs. Kagetane arc was the best. After that was a slightly more lighthearted vs. Sniper loli arc, which was nice and all, but since then it's been meh. The last arc so far is pretty good though, but it's lost its touch in my opinion. Doesn't make Kagetane any less of a smooth fucker.

Kawaisou: Generic comedy, but overall a solid and consistent show. Mayumi and Shiro's saved this, but overall the cast is not half bad. Ricchan's personality annoys me but goddamn is she cute.

Captain Earth: Shit, frankly speaking. Damn nice visuals and animation aside the execution of the plot is an absolute mess and dare I say it, pretentious and unplanned. Akari, as much as she is best girl, does not fit in here at all, and it just doesn't feel like anything is going on. Except for my Daichi x Teppei ship, now that is fun. And all in my head. God I sound like a bloody fujoshi.

Daimidaler: Tits. Robots. Endoh OP. Manliness. It's slow in the beginning, very slow in the middle, but the last part was wild. Like, holy shit, tits.

Gochuumon: One of the two bests of the season. Moe to the extreme, great environment, cuuuuuute as fuck, and healing fun. I will miss my weekly cowfee and grin tee. It's hard to pick a best girl from this show to be honest, but despite my love for Rize and my adoration for Chino, I feel Sharo deserves the best girl spot.

Haikyuu: Goddamnit Commie when will you continue subbing this. AKA I'll catch up to this when subbers that ain't HS are competent.

Chaika: Chaika is cute to the extreme. That aside, decent show, slow at times, Not bad stuff. Generic as well though. Not enough ass considering the LN's artist does great ass.

Isshuukan: Uneventful, but great atmosphere. Has that homey feeling to it. The last arc felt like forced drama at first but overall resolved nicely. I like how the romantic resolution(s) resolved(or didn't), since you know, friends, not lovers. Kiryuu x Saki came too suddenly though, that's for sure.

Jojo: It's Jojo, I should be loving it, but it's part 3 and it's slow. The OP is also meh compared to the first two. Gonna keep my fingers crossed for The Sun, D'Arby, Dio, and then part 4 adaption when ;_;

Gaworare: Woah, m8, this is...every cliched Harem series ever plus the Matrix. Goddamn. It feels like this was trying to masterfully maneuver through several hoops of romance and harems to make something new, can't say it completely succeeded, but it was a good try.

Ping Pong: The other anime of the season. It's full of QUALITY and soul. ENTER THE HERO. ENTER THE HERO. ENTER THE HERO.

WIXOSS: Watched a few episodes, skipped to the ninth episode and continued from there. Too lazy to go back and watch what I missed plus I overall understand what's going on. Starts off incredibly painfully boring and long-winded to watch, but the little girls suffering makes the finale fun.

Dropped: Blade and Soul(Boring), Kindaichi(The Poison Dragon case was great actually, just too lazy to follow), Sidonia(Already read the manga. OP song is rad though), Mahouka(Boring), Mekaku(Too lazy to follow), NGNL(Too lazy to follow), Nanana(Downloaded three episodes, never actually started watching, I dunno why), Arc-V(Too lazy).

Mekakucity Actors had pretty solid characters and its aesthetic was interesting but it really didn't have much going on in it at all and its writing got worse and worse over time. I ended up being more unsatisfied by it than Captain Earth because at the end of the episode I'd always say to myself, "We're still in the exact same day and literally nothing else has happened past that robbery scene EXCEPT just talking."

It's not like Little Busters or Stiens;Gate only looping less time for nothing. Although in reality it only showed one loop and they show others in the manga and such. That's what I mean by it being my favorite multi-media project. Which is dumb but it got me. Looping less time only to show more talking than really needed, probably, yeah that's actually pretty dumb too, I'll admit that much. I will say this. I honestly like the manga quite a bit more anyway. It already went through a loop and is making Kano and such even more suspicious this time, and despite my actually liking Shaft's art (in combination with what is normally attributed to kagepro anyway) this time, I found the art in terms of the characters more pleasing, probably. And once again, the roller coaster scene. 

This and reading about how people think of it as pretty confusing with no previous knowledge about it leads me to believe I was right about it being more for people who were already fans of the project, though.

I don't listen to enough music, nor do I have any particular favorite genres, but I generally like musical anime, but I haven't heard good things about that one show, mostly that yeah the characters weren't good, but well. Yeah.

Let's see... my other impressions:

4. JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

No knowledge on the manga, so I can say I'm probably enjoying it a great deal as my first experience of part 3. Good ol' bizzare fun. That said, it is a little too slow for my liking, but at least the'll be getting everything in.

5. Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
EDIT: Forget to say anything about this. Idols! Yayz! I love them! Oh and I really like how the girls really pursue their dreams. 

No Game No Life
Probably what Thar said. But I'm more an Izuna person than a Kurumi person. I mean she's not dreamy just cute. I'm not going for that kind of thing, but to quote Sora, "Anime girl!" (yeah I don't care exactly what he may have said).

Dragonar Academy
I can't say it was without the cliche flaws a lot of anime has, but I was just enjoyable enough. Manga seems a tad better though.

6. Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to
Just hilarious, and once again I'll be saying I really gave it no thought before I knew it's length, and more than double the usual short, about half the standard episode, just feels perfect for this kind of thing. 

Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san
What Thar said.

Is the Order a Rabbit?

Enjoyable enough considering I didn't have too much else, but I can't really praise it as much as #1-2 of the season, I can't really say much of anything about it. 

Archived