Anime and Sometimes Manga Club

Nicο

Log Horizon looks too much like SOA, but that's just a first impression. I might binge that to see how it differs, but I'll have to see if my Friday off will end up completely open to binge the whole thing in one day if I end up liking it.

Log Horizon isn't very action-oriented and focuses more on strategy and discussion.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What we need is a badass banner... and club events. Maybe some simulcast group watches where we watch and talk about anime that's airing during the season. That could keep things consistent.

Well maybe we should try and get 2 or 3 different banners that represent different kinds of anime. If we can keep this going until next year though maybe the club events thing would work better since I made it and should have my hands less full by then. 

So, do we get people to make better ones or just make them ourselves? I just done a little something I'll be editing into the OP for now, in the holiday spirit. But it's too big to put in sigs so idk, I should make smaller things.

All of the OPs by nano are good.

Yeah, it's relatively cunning.

Seconded.

I can ask Kaka to make something.

And sorry for lack of activity. My lack of ability to quote and other problems just frustrates me too much at times.

Anyway, Log Horizon. It's okay. Not Death Note murder mystery cunning. More political cunning. Characters and plot are very meh. Uses MMO dynamics pretty well. Could use more combat since it's more strategy focused and I find that interesting.

Yeah, that would be appreciated, better than what I can bother to throw together online.

I see. I'm not sure I can quote atm but unsure if it's just because my computer is just starting up or what. But yeah, that's what the word relatively is for. Don't think it's too bad, but not great. Characters, well you're right. I'd probably count Shiroe as the most interesting, I mean, it wouldn't really even be relatively cunning without him, but even then not that much. 

Display Name/nickname you want: Jolta
Link to anime/manga list: N/A
Favorite Anime: Date A Live
Favorite Manga: Tied between Prunus Girl and Idol Pretender
Favorite Character: Silver Crow
Anything else worth mentioning?: N/A

Accepted also Desu should be co-host now that I actually remember to say.

Time for a quick update: Currently watching my second secret Santa, My Little Monster. So far, I really like it. Probably one of the least cringeworthy love stories I've ever seen, mainly because the guy has no social skills, so he can't be frowned upon for making mistakes.

My first secret santa was Tari Tari. It was cute, albeit not being too impressive. I will give props to the build up toward the end... and the WestShopRangers gimmick. That was pretty neat. I also wanna thank it for making me a sucker for tall girls...

I just finished watching Bakemonogatari (no, it's not my Secret Santa, but I wasn't in the mood for my Secret Santa atm) and I really liked it, though the ending was seriously meh, episode 12 or 13 or whatever would have been by far a better ending. If not for the ending which left me hanging, it certainly would've been one of my favourites, though I do understand that Nisemonogatari is the sequel, the ending was really just seriously unsatisfying. What do you guys think of this really unique show?

I just finished watching Bakemonogatari (no, it's not my Secret Santa, but I wasn't in the mood for my Secret Santa atm) and I really liked it, though the ending was seriously meh, episode 12 or 13 or whatever would have been by far a better ending. If not for the ending which left me hanging, it certainly would've been one of my favourites, though I do understand that Nisemonogatari is the sequel, the ending was really just seriously unsatisfying. What do you guys think of this really unique show?

What I think is I have a lot of Monogatari series stuff to watch but would somehow rather watch magical girls.

But I'm currently in my second secret santa by 10 episodes, Chihayafuru. I think it's probably worth watching at least the first season, it is really good with character relations, but for some reason, all of the guys (less so Porky, more so the others) make me question my ability to like them. This is also the first sports anime I've seen, and while I like it, I'm unsure if I really want to watch the second season. 

Display Name/nickname you want: Simdoggy

Link to anime/manga list: I don't actually have an online list of what I've watched/read

Favorite Anime: To Aru Kagaku No Railgun, RWBY, Madoka Magica and Guilty Crown are my current favourites

Favorite Manga: Freezing

Favorite Character: Accelerator from Index/Railgun and Miki Sayaka from Madoka Magica

Anything else worth mentioning?: I prefer anime to manga, though I do read some manga, and I also enjoy reading the light novels of some of the series I've watched. I also prefer to watch subs rather than dubs.

Hai, didn't know this existed. Time to fill in the application...

Display Name/nickname you want: Michiru-sama/Danna

Link to anime/manga list: http://anilist.co/animelist/7505/Shitagi Not exactly completely up-to-date list, but it works better than myanimelist one.

Favorite Anime: Baccano! Kara no Kyoukai comes close.

Favorite Manga: Molester Man. Genshiken and Love Hina comes close.

Favorite Character: Hm, pretty damn hard to decide....er...I guess, my perpetual waifu, Nagato Yuki? Maybe Yamada from Working!!

Anything else worth mentioning?: I like fishing. I wish I liked fishing. Never actually tried fishing before, but it's an ongoing joke with me, so yep, gonna mention it. Also, I have a strange fondness for ponytals, seriously. Pretty much every girl looks better with a ponytail in my opinion, except Bakemonogatari's Senjougahara, I like her short-hair version more.

Hai, didn't know this existed. Time to fill in the application...

Display Name/nickname you want: Michiru-sama/Danna

Link to anime/manga list: http://anilist.co/animelist/7505/Shitagi Not exactly completely up-to-date list, but it works better than myanimelist one.

Favorite Anime: Baccano! Kara no Kyoukai comes close.

Favorite Manga: Molester Man. Genshiken and Love Hina comes close.

Favorite Character: Hm, pretty damn hard to decide....er...I guess, my perpetual waifu, Nagato Yuki? Maybe Yamada from Working!!

Anything else worth mentioning?: I like fishing. I wish I liked fishing. Never actually tried fishing before, but it's an ongoing joke with me, so yep, gonna mention it. Also, I have a strange fondness for ponytals, seriously. Pretty much every girl looks better with a ponytail in my opinion, except Bakemonogatari's Senjougahara, I like her short-hair version more.

Accepted, though can't say I share that last opinion, except maybe with Rin Natsume. And maybe side ponytail Suzuno. I'm more of a double version person. Also, I can easily change my mind after actually watching things, but I just accidentally what you mean, and can't necessarily agree, I like the ponytail version better atm.

Well, now that the site's back up... another quick update:

I started watching Log Horizon. Currently on episode 4, but it is stalled for the time being, as my attention is currently on Arpeggio of Blue Steel, which so far is amazing, having been directed by Seiji Kishi.

Well, now that the site's back up... another quick update:

I started watching Log Horizon. Currently on episode 4, but it is stalled for the time being, as my attention is currently on Arpeggio of Blue Steel, which so far is amazing, having been directed by Seiji Kishi.

Well, imo, they're both about the same, both pretty good though. I'm surprised I'm liking Arpeggio because I hear mostly cg bashing, but I don't mind that at all, and I'm surprised I'm liking Log Horizon, because of the author, but my problem with Maoyuu might have been that it was just a demon lord & hero thing that was not that comedic, like Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero. I don't like either of those anime.

I know that guy you mentioned, but only by Angel Bearts & Humanity Has Declined. In the end, I'm always on the fence about AB, but Humanity Has Declined was oddly amazing.

I only know Seiji through AB and My Bride is a Mermaid. Never would I have thought they were both directed by him, but just now I saw the relation. I might check out HhD because you mentioned it, but I'll see if my current progress on my watch list goes before I make that decision.

My Bride is a Mermaid

That's another thing. I'm interested in watching, I mean. Would be too much, although I always need a break from Precure once I finish a series of it, so the chance of me slipping it in to watch at some point is certainly somewhere.

Now that I see Hamatora will also be one of his works, that kind of makes me a little more interested in it, though I really don't want the number of anime I watch while airing to be like this season and last fall.

Considering how light novels are counted under manga in MAL: What light novels do people read (if any)?

Read over half of Hyouka, out of the 3 I've read any of, it has got to be my favorite, and will definitely complete it if Baka Tsuki's translation is ever done. Read about 1 1/2 of Haganai, which is definitely okay. It's pretty funny but the anime was more so, but still only around okay. Read volume 1 of Kokoro Connect, was just as great as that part of the anime.  Stopped reading since only that volume was fully translated, but now I've got some catching up to do.

Considering how light novels are counted under manga in MAL: What light novels do people read (if any)?

I've read Sword Art Online, Accel World and Highschool DxD up to as far as they'd gotten when I last checked. I'll probably start reading Hidan no Aria soon, as I recently found and then finished watching the anime for it.

I've read pretty much every volume of Baccano that's actually translated and is online so far. And Haruhi. And currently reading the Kara no Kyoukai novels...well those aren't light novels though, but I guess they count.

Accepted, though can't say I share that last opinion, except maybe with Rin Natsume. And maybe side ponytail Suzuno. I'm more of a double version person. Also, I can easily change my mind after actually watching things, but I just accidentally what you mean, and can't necessarily agree, I like the ponytail version better atm.

No idea who's Rin Natsume, but if by Suzuno you mean the Hataraku one, then oh yes I very much agree...But yeh, it's a fetish of mine of sorts, so not really seeking agreement since that'd be illogical(since fetishes are illogical), but just felt like saying.

Anyways, for something related, I've started reading the Log Horizon West Wind Brigade spinoff manga, and I gotta say....this is good, really good.

Archived