Anime and Sometimes Manga Club

Nicο

No idea who's Rin Natsume, but if by Suzuno you mean the Hataraku one, then oh yes I very much agree...But yeh, it's a fetish of mine of sorts, so not really seeking agreement since that'd be illogical(since fetishes are illogical), but just felt like saying.

Well... you can search, and then really only very easily find out that the only character with that name is from Little Busters! 

Definitely one of my favorite of the girls from that, and if you look at Thar's avi, you'll see that she's at least pretty cute. :3

But yeah, figures. Don't really need agreement on any fetish... also yeah, Hataraku, which coincidentally, I'll add should get another season.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely one of my favorite of the girls from that, and if you look at Thar's avi, you'll see that she's at least pretty cute. :3

Damn right, she is. She's on my top 3 girls in anime, probably number 2 under Gasai Yuno and over Tomoko Kuroki.

Also, I'm a bit slow... hell, I'm REALLY slow, but I just realized she was Kyousuke's younger sister. It makes perfect sense considering she was already with him before he began the Little Busters.

I'm still waiting for her backstory as well as Kyousuke's. He said she had a traumatic experience as a kid that made her shy, so I'm really anxious to get that bit of information.

I'm still waiting for her backstory as well as Kyousuke's. He said she had a traumatic experience as a kid that made her shy, so I'm really anxious to get that bit of information.

Yeah, I very much hope that much information is given, but to me it doesn't seem like such a big deal, what with Refrain being almost over, and from what I heard, EX shouldn't really give it. Do think they should be able to give us that though, so... would feel quite disappointed if they don't. 

Well, I guess if Little Busters is received well here, I'll give it a try later, after the exams(Coincidentally, it starts tomorrow......on my birthday ;_ ;). I already have the visual novel downloaded for a while now, but I haven't started yet. Looks like at least now I have things to do this winter break :D

Visual novels... maybe if I ever have a computer all to myself, I could put in the time, but none of the ones I've tried I could get around to getting much done, despite enjoying. Planetarian, maybe because I'm thinking it would be shorter with how linear it is, but I do remember a couple of funny things I wish were added to Little Busters' anime.

Display Name/nickname you want: Yu Yu

Link to anime/manga list (Only applies if you have an online list such as Myanimelist or Anilist and would like to share, because quite frankly, it would be a hassle to keep updating this front post): Anime-Planet.com

Favorite Anime: Code Geass

Favorite Manga: Death Note

Favorite Character: Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho) or Ninth (Future Diary)

Anything else worth mentioning?: N/A

Link to anime/manga list (Only applies if you have an online list such as Myanimelist or Anilist and would like to share, because quite frankly, it would be a hassle to keep updating this front post): Anime-Planet.com

You should post your actual list URL not just the site you use to keep track of stuff.

Who here uses reviews/ratings to decide what they will watch next?

I usually use MyAnimeList for everything, usually deciding that something is worth watching if the synopsis interests me, it has good or neutral reputation, and is ranked under 1000 in the Top Anime list on MAL. I won't take anything past 1000 unless someone recommends me and only when I'm very indecisive about something I read reviews (usually on MAL, but sometimes elsewhere).

You should post your actual list URL not just the site you use to keep track of stuff.

I usually use MyAnimeList for everything, usually deciding that something is worth watching if the synopsis interests me, it has good or neutral reputation, and is ranked under 1000 in the Top Anime list on MAL. I won't take anything past 1000 unless someone recommends me and only when I'm very indecisive about something I read reviews (usually on MAL, but sometimes elsewhere).

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/YuYuBakumanNote13/anime

I do, but I go on here and ask friends as well.

Accepted.

Kay, so I... finished? Arpeggio of Blue Steel? I don't even know. The way it ended was just... eh. It has second-season potential, I'll just say that.

In the mean time, I'll continue watching Log Horizon.

Nope, still got 2 episodes. Certainly needs a little more even before another season, imo. You just caught it while it was still airing, and actually, I don't think you're at fault for thinking that was the last episode, lol.

I don't usually take reviews or ratings into account. Something interesting me is my main decision making tool, followed by some recommendations here and there. The thing is, usually when something is really hyped, it will mostly have reviews rating very highly, and after Attack on Titan (which, I've decided not to watch the inevitable season 2) and some others, I'm mostly going to watch things like that only if they interest me before they air. Like SAO, though I'll still admit it has a massive amount of faults. Granted, sometimes I'll take reviews, but never video reviews, and just looking at ratings wont do anything for me, I can like some lower regarded stuff.

Oh yeah, that reminds me: I transferred from MAL to Anime Planet...

New URL: http://www.anime-planet.com/users/StoneColdLoki/anime

Will be updating that kind of stuff, I guess. Honestly, you don't really need to post it, I just find it slightly interesting to look at for some reason, and I'd follow anyone that uses Anilist, since I'm pretty much done with switching sites.

And... wow, I'm still shaking after those last 2 episodes back to back. Aladdin's cool and all, but Alibaba is most definitely what really makes Magi for me. 

Well, personally, if I'm interested enough to check out the synopsis, I at the very least backlog it. As for when I actually get to them....well, not anytime soon, sadly. *Still has a sizable backlog to go through*

Talking of which, finished Spice and Wolf. I personally prefer Maoyuu, but that was very charming in it's own way. I can't say I did not enjoy the exchanges between the wise wolf and the spice man, and it's always frustrating how they should just do it already, yet they don't. Pacing's pretty good as well, and the OP song, which strangely enough creeps me out, is also pretty damn nice. Finished downloading season 2, which I will be getting to....someday. Probably after Love Live, since I finished downloading that first.....which I'll get to after White Album, which comes after I finish the Heaven's Feel route in F/SN.....yeah I have a lot.

Nope, still got 2 episodes. Certainly needs a little more even before another season, imo. You just caught it while it was still airing, and actually, I don't think you're at fault for thinking that was the last episode, lol.

Okay, that post was kinda hasty. I enjoyed it so much that when it didn't refresh with a "coming soon", I got a little emotional.

I wish Season 1 was on Netflix and not just 2. Just seems weird.

Also...

[spoiler=Little Busters Ep. 11]

T_T

I actually cried. That cruel reality reveal was almost too much. I thought the ending to the original anime was feely because Little Busters had to end, but this... no... just no.

I'll just have to see if it finishes with 12-13 episodes.[/spoiler]

Probably after Love Live, since I finished downloading that first.....which I'll get to after White Album

VN or anime? Just wondering. Because I've heard only 1 person out of all I've heard talk about it ever praise the anime by any extent. White Album 2 has actually been very solid though, imo, so I might actually try out the first one.

I need to eventually get to trying something Idolmaster, but from what I've seen (Love Live, AKB0048, and Aikatsu for now, probably going to add to that at least one of the 2 I know are coming in winter (Miss Monochrome if I can count shorts, if it even counts, lol)), idols are the one instance in anime where I've definitely been preferring a long runner to the shorter stuff. Gets the time to tackle some things others would never get to, so I still love my Aikatsu. This season and the last have been weird in that regard. My favorite of the season has been one that actually goes on for more than half a year. I have to thank myself for just up and deciding to try them out when they started, or I'd never have even tried them. >.>

@Thar: Major anime sites seem to all list it for 13 episodes and after this, I'm sure that'd be about right. Didn't really cry, but it was extremely feely. I must have done my own crying at some point after I was spoiled, I think, and I'm sure I'll still cry for it again, though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot, no idea why my post has varying text size, so fixed.

@Thar: Major anime sites seem to all list it for 13 episodes and after this, I'm sure that'd be about right. Didn't really cry, but it was extremely feely. I must have done my own crying at some point after I was spoiled, I think, and I'm sure I'll still cry for it again, though.

I usually don't cry, but the reveal got me very choked up. The tears finally let loose when Kyousuke started weeping.

I'm hoping for some closure after the final 2 dark episodes to come.

I usually don't cry, but the reveal got me very choked up. The tears finally let loose when Kyousuke started weeping.

I'm hoping for some closure after the final 2 dark episodes to come.

I cry a lot (mostly for fictional stuff, mostly anime, for some reason...), so just so you know I actually do feel it was feely, I may have been spoiled, but I did feel a few tears show up. Didn't really drop down, but yeah, they were there.

I even remember tearing up on one of the 4koma chapters (reason being, I'm not really into visual novels, but I could deal with some manga, and I was interested in it at least a year before the anime was even announced, so I ended up reading as much as I possibly could, and then... that chapter was oddly sad for a 4koma). So yeah... all in all, LB FTW. 

Okay, just finished Gurren Lagann. Probably the only Giant Mech anime I will ever have finished. Action was a little overdone especially in the finale, but all-in-all, a well executed anime. 4.5/5 stars.

And I honesty found it to the point where I can say I'm so neutral, I don't dislike it, but I really can't say I enjoyed much. I think everybody has over the top things they find just too much, and this is definitely one of those for me.

I'm not fond of mecha anime either but Code Geass, I still found really good, and probably my favorite out of them. Lelouch was a pretty big factor in that. And although I can bet air blocks that you haven't heard of it, Asura Cryin' was enjoyable enough for me and has my favorite mech designs. 

This feels awkward, cause we're the only two active people here...

Anyway, after not being able to sleep for months from the way Mirai Nikki ended, I finally got around to watching the Redial OVA last night.

Couldn't sleep that night, but I'll be able to from now on, because that ending was the most satisfying ending I've ever seen! Not only are Yuno and Yuki FINALLY together for good... but there are no parallel worlds crossing, so everything is balanced and it all worked out. I can finally exhale.

Ah yeah, it is a lot more satisfying than what the anime ended with beforehand. Can't say I was that into the thing but it did make it all feel much more complete.

[spoiler=And while we are talking about OVAs... I saw the Little Busters OVA a couple days ago...]And Kyouske beating himself up was absolutely hilarious. So were the Kurugaya telling people to say certain things bits but man, as soon as I heard Kaito talk I knew he sounded exactly like Kyousuke, the whole thing was just glorious.[/spoiler]

You don't want to look at that if you didn't watch the OVA. It will kind of ruin how glorious it will be when you hear the masked guy speak.

[spoiler=And while we are talking about OVAs... I saw the Little Busters OVA a couple days ago...]And Kyouske beating himself up was absolutely hilarious. So were the Kurugaya telling people to say certain things bits but man, as soon as I heard Kaito talk I knew he sounded exactly like Kyousuke, the whole thing was just glorious.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=LBOVA]Yeah, I immediately knew it was Kyousuke from his figure (and his voice later on.)[/spoiler]

It was a pretty good OVA. More comedic than dramatic, which is good after what Refrain had to offer. The "fanserviced" bathroom scenes were a knock to the side, but other than that... yeah.

[spoiler=LBOVA]Yeah, I immediately knew it was Kyousuke from his figure (and his voice later on.)[/spoiler]

It was a pretty good OVA. More comedic than dramatic, which is good after what Refrain had to offer. The "fanserviced" bathroom scenes were a knock to the side, but other than that... yeah.

I don't really get what you mean, but after all I've seen, LB isn't that fanservicey, even when it comes to the OVA, because it could have been a lot more overdone, especially due to it being an OVA. At least the fanservice wasn't even what I would call bad fanservice, like Yusibu.

Archived