Here I give you my 2nd archetype: CEC - Cosmic Energy Cycle (23cards+Musical Accompaniment)

Kwisatz-Haderach

Ladies and Gentleman i give you the Cosmic Energy archetype. 2 days to make them and i'm very proud of them....at least of their originality! I think you'll find them very mysterious and weird. They're all light attribute, mostly thunder-type and 4-5 insects, and all effect monster with only 1 xyz. The engine of this archetype is the banishing effect which can trigger many different situations. As always i'd like to know clever opinions about their ruling. Here they are:

My musical suggestion for this archetype ;)  - i suggest to start listening from 19:00, but you can listen to the whole track if you like-

[spoiler='Musical Accompaniment']

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuN12dVmsT0[/media][/spoiler]

[spoiler='Spell\Traps']Cosmic Energy Primigenial Planet - Rare

OBHhWr5.jpg

When a "Cosmic Energy" monster is sent to the Graveyard: return all banished "Cosmic Energy" monster(s) to the bottom of the Deck (at least 1) or destroy this card.
Once per turn you can return 1 of your banished "Cosmic Energy" monster to the bottom of the Deck to activate 1 of these effects:
●@ Banish 1 "Cosmic Energy" monster from your deck with a different name from the returned one.
●@ Special Summon 1 of your banished "Cosmic Energy" monsters.
If a "Cosmic Energy Cycle Ruler" you control would be destroyed, either by battle or by card effect, you can destroy this card instead.

Cosmic Energy Tree - rare

0egpIxK.jpg

When this card is activated: You can send 1 face-up Continuous Trap on the field to the Graveyard. You can control only 1 "Cosmic Energy Tree". Once per turn, if you have no cards in your hand: Add 1 level 4 or lower "Cosmic Energy" monster from your Deck to the hand, then your opponent gains 500 Life Points. If there are 5 or more banished "Cosmic Energy" monsters, banish this card.

Cosmic Energy Shield - common

b6ZtyZ5.jpg
When your opponent activates a Spell card, Trap card, or Monster effec: Return 1 banished "Cosmic Energy" monster to the bottom of the Deck; negate the activation and destroy that card, then banish 1 "Cosmic Energy" monster you control or in your hand.

Cosmic Biogenesis - rare
bGJndhY.jpg
Activate this card only if "Cosmic Energy Primigenial Planet" is active on the field. Add 1 "Cosmic Energy" monster from the deck to your hand. During your turn, except the turn this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card in your Graveyard and return to the bottom of your Deck 1 banished "Cosmic Energy" monster; add 1 "Cosmic Energy" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Cosmic Path - common

HK3bd9I.jpg
Activate only if "Cosmic Energy Primigenial Planet" is active on the field. Any Monster card that would be sent to the Graveyard this turn, is banished instead. This effect cannot be negated by your opponent card effects.

Cosmic Golden Arborescence

bFK80KJ.jpg

Activate this card when you take 1500 or more damage from a direct attack. Return 1 banished "Cosmic Energy" monster to the bottom of the Deck; draw 2 cards, and banish any "Cosmic Energy" monster you draw this way.

Cosmic Energy Convergence

lCGDbLn.jpg

You can control only 1 "Cosmic Energy Tree". You must have this many banished "Cosmic Energy" monsters to gain the following effects (you cannot gain different effects together). ●2: Set cards you control cannot be targeted by card effects; ●3: If you control no monsters, your opponent cannot control more than 2 monsters (Cards already on the field are not affected); ●4: Monsters with 2500 or more ATK your opponent controls cannot declare an attack, also Your opponent can declare 1 attack per Battle Phase; ●5+: Once per turn: You can excavate the top 2 cards of your Deck, then add 1 "Cosmic Energy" card among them if any. Rearrange the remaining card(s) in any order.

Cosmic Energy Collapse - secret r.

jMjFyFE.jpg

Activate this card by destroying an active "Cosmic Energy Primigenial Planet" on the field. Shuffle all your banished "Cosmic Energy" monsters into the Deck (at least 2 ); apply 1 of the following effects according to the number of monsters with different names returned to the Deck:
●2: Target 2 cards on the field; send the targets to the Graveyard.
●3: Special Summon from your Deck 2 "Cosmic Energy" monsters except
      "Cosmic Energy Cycle Ruler".
●4+: Special Summon 1 "Cosmic Energy Cycle Ruler" from your Deck.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Monsters']Cosmic Energy Ant - common

sUrZXmI.jpg

When this card is summoned; banish it. This effect is optional if "Cosmic Energy Primiganial Planet" is active on the field. This card can attack your opponent directly. When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack: You can reveal 1 "Cosmic Energy" card in your hand, then return this banished card to the bottom of the Deck, and if you do, negate that attack and end the Battle Phase. You can use this effect of "Cosmic Energy Ant" up to three times per Duel.

Cosmic Energy Bee - rare

aZmfMdB.jpg

When this card is Summoned; banish it. This effect is optional if "Cosmic Energy Primiganial Planet" is active on the field. This card can attack your opponent directly. During your Main Phase: You can return this banished card to the bottom of your Deck to target 1 "Cosmic Energy" banished card or in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.

Cosmic Energy Butterfly - rare

tQ8YbUE.jpg

When this card is Summoned; banish it. This effect is optional if "Cosmic Energy Primiganial Planet" is active on the field. This card can attack your opponent directly. During your Draw Phase, when you draw a "Cosmic Energy" card: You can reveal that card; send this banished card to the bottom of the Deck, and if you do, draw 1 additional card.

Cosmic Energy Caterpillar - common

giZggq8.jpg
When this card is Summoned; banish it. This effect is optional if "Cosmic Energy Primiganial Planet" is active on the field. When this card is banished: You can target 1 Spell/Trap on the field; destroy the target. "Cosmic Energy" monsters you control can declare direct attacks up to the number of your banished "Cosmic Energy Caterpillar" monsters during each Battle Phase.

Cosmic Energy Scolopendra- common

s6QRD3M.jpg
When this card is Summoned: Banish it. This effect is optional if "Cosmic Energy Primiganial Planet" is active on the field. You can return this banished card to the bottom of the Deck to target 1 monster in the Graveyard(s): Banish that target.

Cosmic Energy Abomination - common

eexnsxj.jpg
When this card is summoned; banish it. This effect is optional if "Cosmic Energy Primiganial Planet" is active on the field. This face up card gains 400 ATK for each of your banished "Cosmic Energy" monsters.

Cosmic Energy Eerie Creatures - common

fDHEfxO.jpg
When this card is Summoned: Banish it. This effect is optional if "Cosmic Energy Primiganial Planet" is active on the field. If you control a  "Cosmic Energy" monster: You can Special Summon this banished card. You can use this effect of "Cosmic Energy Eerie Creatures" only once per turn.

Cosmic Energy Jellyfish - rare
PdKYXVY.jpg
When this card is summoned; banish it. This effect is optional if "Cosmic Energy Primiganial Planet" is active on the field. When this banished card is sent to the bottom of the deck to activate a "Cosmic Energy" card's effect: you can banish 1 "Cosmic Energy" monster from your deck except "Cosmic Energy Jellyfish". You can use this effect of "Cosmic Energy Jellyfish" up to twice per turn.

Cosmic Energy Trilobite - rare

ZQmOJ9K.jpg
When this card is Summoned: Banish it. This effect is optional if "Cosmic Energy Primiganial Planet" is active on the field. This card can attack your opponent directly. You can return this banished card to the bottom of the Deck to banish 1 "Cosmic Energy" monster from your hand, field or Graveyard. You can use this effect of "Cosmic Energy Trilobite" only once per turn.

Cosmic Energy Placenta - super r.
UDzwvzd.jpg

You can return 1 banished "Cosmic Energy" monster to the bottom of the Deck: Special Summon this card from your hand. You can return this card you control to the bottom of the Deck to activate 1 of the following effects:
●@ Banish 2 "Cosmic Energy" monsters with different names from your Deck.
●@ Special Summon 2 of your banished "Cosmic Energy" monsters.
You can use the effect of "Cosmic Energy Placenta" only once per turn.

Cosmic Energy Custodian - common

BfItocq.jpg
When a "Cosmic Energy" monster is banished, except during the Battle Phase: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can Summon "Cosmic Energy Custodian" this way only once per turnOnce per turn, when a banished "Cosmic Energy" monster would be returned to the bottom of the Deck to activate a "Cosmic Energy" card effect: You can Special Summon that monster instead (the cost for that effect is considered paid).

Cosmic Energy Harvester - super r.

yE2d8Aj.jpg

When a "Cosmic Energy" monster is banished, except during the Battle Phase: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can Summon "Cosmic Energy Harvester" this way only once per turn. Once per turn, if "Cosmic Energy Primigenial Planet" is active on the field: You can return 1 "Cosmic Energy" banished monster or in your Graveyard to the bottom of the Deck to target 1 face-up card on the field: place it on top of its owner's Deck.

Cosmic Energy Ephorus - ultra

w60vwyt.jpg
2 level 6 "Cosmic Energy" monsters
As long as this card has a Xyz Material attached to it, any card sent to the Graveyard is banished instead. Once per turn: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then return up to 2 of your "Cosmic Energy" cards banished and/or in your Graveyard to the bottom of the Deck; destroy cards on the field up to the number of cards returned to the Deck by this card. If this card would be destroyed: Banish it with any Xyz material attached to it.

Cosmic Energy Cycle Ruler - ultimate (the big guy)

5IMP0hB.jpg

This card cannot be Summoned except by "Cosmic Energy Collapse". When this card is Summoned: Banish all other cards on the field, then you can activate 1 "Cosmic Energy Primigenial Planet" Field Spell Card from your Deck. This card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects during the turn it is Summoned. When this card is banished while in your hand, on the field or in your Graveyard: Draw 1 card. Once per turn, when a "Cosmic Energy" monster is banished: You can target 1 card on the field or in the Graveyard(s); banish that target. If this card you control is targeted by a card effect: You can pay 1000 Life points per each card in your hand (min.1) to return this card to the bottom of the Deck; negate that card's effect, and if you do, banish 2 "Cosmic Energy" monsters from your Deck. If this card you control is sent to the Graveyard: Shuffle all "Cosmic Energy" monsters you control, banished and in your Graveyard into the Deck.[/spoiler]

I had some doubt if making collapse 3, 4 and 5 instead of 2,3 and 4. What you think of them? i'm sure that most of you will find ruler too strong

• 3 weeks later...

Not too bad and pretty creative.

Just a couple things I see, right off, that might need fixed.

Cosmic Energy Collapse - What if 4 or more gets returned? What if 4 gets returned am I allowed to activate the 2 effect? Also since the *2 is applying an effect you cannot have it target the card.

If you have 2 or more banished "Cosmic Energy" monsters: Destroy 1 "cosmic Energy Primigenial Planet"; return all banished "Cosmic Energy" monster to the bottom of the Deck, and apply 1 of the following effects based on the number of monsters with different names returned.

2: Send 1 Spell/Trap on the field to the Graveyard.

3: Special Summon 2 "Cosmic Energy" monsters from your Deck, except "Cosmic Energy Cycle Ruler".

4 or more: Special Summon 1 "Cosmic Energy Cycle Ruler" from your Deck.

Butterfly - Not much difference but I think this sounds better for its last effect

During your Draw Phase, if this card is banished, when you draw a "Cosmic Energy" card: You can reveal that card; return this banished card to the bottom of the Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card.

Custodian - I'd change its effect to "if a banished..." just to make sure to get around loopholes :)

Cycle Ruler - Kinda hard to say but does seem somewhat OP. I would say at least get rid of the Graveyard nuke too. That would be a start. And change it so the nuke effect only goes off when summoned by Cosmic Energy Collapse. I know it says thats the only way it can be summoned anyway..but just to make sure.

Thx for your attention! The aim of collaps is if you return 2, you MUST do the effect for 2 returned, 3 the same, and 4 or more you get the ruler! Ye since Ruler  says "only by collapse" i think it's pretty clear :)... i'm actually focussing on Ruler to see if i can lower it a bit...i think i'll give you a new version of ruler in few minutes

Archived