Actually, can I get a little more detail on the magic system? Like, what colours of mana crystal are there, and how does one obtain new mana crystals? Oh, and are there somatic/material/incantation requirements for casting? I was thinking of making a gimmicky nuke who could get strong results from any colour of mana crystal but couldn't burn latent mana or fight, so I was wondering how balanced that would be.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, can I get a little more detail on the magic system? Like, what colours of mana crystal are there, and how does one obtain new mana crystals? Oh, and are there somatic/material/incantation requirements for casting? I was thinking of making a gimmicky nuke who could get strong results from any colour of mana crystal but couldn't burn latent mana or fight, so I was wondering how balanced that would be.

I've elaborated it in the OP a bit more, but I'll also answer your questions here =3

Seven types of Crystals, can be bought or can be crafted (though the latter requires enormous practise, to the extent it is rare a mage would be found creating their own crystals and using magic - except druids, since they're in tune with nature)

All you need is Mana to cast a spell, and to know the spell you're using. You can either use a Mana Crystal to charge the spell, or literally draw it from the atmosphere.

Such a nuke depends on its strength, but Mana Crystals aren't for specific spells, more so compliment the spell itself.

Anything else I can clarify?

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/316874-eldritch/page-2#entry6413343

Completed, I believe. Any critiques can just be given here.

I'll give you feedback tomorrow, got an exam so need to have an early night!

How are these Mana Crystal's consumed? I doubt the person actually swallows them otherwise...That seems painful.

They turn to dust in the casting of a spell. I really should've cleared that point, huh =I

Is it possible to have a crystal that is able to be restored with new mana after use and isn't destroyed after use.

So, an Azura's Star to Soul Gems? Maybe such an item is in the RP waiting for discovery. However, I'm certain you could understand that such a crystal would also be incredibly rare, unique.

Renegade, your application review is coming to you hard and heavy.

Personal Info:
Well, you meet all the criteria up to age with flying colours. However, regarding age. This is partially my fault for no explaining it, sorry about that, but elves live longer, and age much slower than humans. So, make the number jump a bit? (50s is a solid 20s for an Elf.)

As anticipated by her personality, you never allow yourself to create Expies, which is why I love reading your apps so much. She's a definite character, a very solid high elf if not flamboyant on the trait. However, she doesn't necessarily seem like a team player. Are you certain she'd want to join a company of misfits who're all aimed at the goal of uniting society in the struggling time?

He bio is interesting, and I see you've shoved her way into the lore of the new world, which you know I have a weak spot for if done right. It seems all solid, but I am questioning whether this kind of character could A: have the ability to gather such a following, as while singing and beauty are good traits to have I'm not sure if they'd promote leadership skills, and B: rule a city.

Her appearance, I'll be honest, surprised me. This RP has a motif of mold-breaking and if you hadn't broken mold with that type of beastkin, I don't know what could've. I'll gladly accept such.

Combat Info:
6 swords for a muscled woman with 6 arms. Nothing wrong there. I imagine she'll be taking a barbarian approach to combat, using light armour in combination of powerful and swift melee. Her inventory, too, is pretty solid - I particularly enjoyed the gnome entry. Stupid gnomes.

I think you may want to reconsider gems in swords, what with them disintegrating XD

Her Spider Eyes confuse me - I don't understand how she could gain such a vision when her eyes are still inside their sockets. Could you perhaps better explain this? Furthermore, it doesn't seem that the Elysium project actually did any harm to her rather than mutate her. It appears that she's only reaped benefits.

Other Info:
Interesting. Neat to know about her name, and I suppose a nice singing voice would do well if we're lucky enough to have a bard or one talented with an instrument. I think you may have phrased the Elvish Goddess thing wrong, or am I just reading it wrong? It seems you've stated a Goddess is a Goddess, which is like saying a Potato is a Potato, if you catch my drift.

Overall a solid app, but it does need some brushing up to do.

So, an Azura's Star to Soul Gems? Maybe such an item is in the RP waiting for discovery. However, I'm certain you could understand that such a crystal would also be incredibly rare, unique.

Renegade, your application review is coming to you hard and heavy.

Personal Info:
Well, you meet all the criteria up to age with flying colours. However, regarding age. This is partially my fault for no explaining it, sorry about that, but elves live longer, and age much slower than humans. So, make the number jump a bit? (50s is a solid 20s for an Elf.)

Should have figured, fixed.

As anticipated by her personality, you never allow yourself to create Expies, which is why I love reading your apps so much. She's a definite character, a very solid high elf if not flamboyant on the trait. However, she doesn't necessarily seem like a team player. Are you certain she'd want to join a company of misfits who're all aimed at the goal of uniting society in the struggling time?

Will amend to make it more clear that she is joining up because she is 1) expecting fame and fortune to be a reward 2) expects to be the spotlight of the group

He bio is interesting, and I see you've shoved her way into the lore of the new world, which you know I have a weak spot for if done right. It seems all solid, but I am questioning whether this kind of character could A: have the ability to gather such a following, as while singing and beauty are good traits to have I'm not sure if they'd promote leadership skills, and B: rule a city.

I felt a bit uncertain when creating this portion as well, will go back and clean it up a bit, perhaps do away with that portion.

Her appearance, I'll be honest, surprised me. This RP has a motif of mold-breaking and if you hadn't broken mold with that type of beastkin, I don't know what could've. I'll gladly accept such.

Oh stop it you! Actually got it combing through your image archive :D

Combat Info:
6 swords for a muscled woman with 6 arms. Nothing wrong there. I imagine she'll be taking a barbarian approach to combat, using light armour in combination of powerful and swift melee. Her inventory, too, is pretty solid - I particularly enjoyed the gnome entry. Stupid gnomes.

Right on the money! And, yeah, I thought you might get a kick out of the gnomes. 

I think you may want to reconsider gems in swords, what with them disintegrating XD

Yeah...will most likely do away with such. 

Her Spider Eyes confuse me - I don't understand how she could gain such a vision when her eyes are still inside their sockets. Could you perhaps better explain this?

I don't think I was in the right mind when I conjured up this idea. Will amend. 

Furthermore, it doesn't seem that the Elysium project actually did any harm to her rather than mutate her. It appears that she's only reaped benefits.

Well before, she was able to cast a variety of spells and utilize a realm of different magics, but her transformation corrupted them to take on a poison/spider/insect motif. However, I am now toying around with the idea that she lost her ability to sing, but doesn't recognize it and still torments people with her voice. 

Other Info:
Interesting. Neat to know about her name, and I suppose a nice singing voice would do well if we're lucky enough to have a bard or one talented with an instrument. I think you may have phrased the Elvish Goddess thing wrong, or am I just reading it wrong? It seems you've stated a Goddess is a Goddess, which is like saying a Potato is a Potato, if you catch my drift.

Just went and reread that part and stupid me didn't finish the sentence...:P

Overall a solid app, but it does need some brushing up to do.

Thank you for the feedback, Kyng. All corrections should be made at this point, I believe. 

Cooking up an idea for my other two characters and I am excited to see how they will turn out once I start fleshing them out a bit more. But that is a task for another day...I really should try and go to bed...:P

A'ight, here's my app.

[spoiler=My app]

Personal Information
Character Name: Mittens P. Gnohomo
Race: Gnomekin (a beastkin / gnome cross-breed)
Sex: Male
[spoiler=Personality:]
Gnohomo, as he's been dubbed by his family since birth, is actually quite level-headed and underspoken -- many would even describe him as talls, dark and handsome only not. Mostly short, light and fluffy though endlessly brooding andgenerally quiet.  He tends to enjoy wearing red accesories that fit onto or near the general vicinity of his head and likes to spend hours atr a time staring longingly out onto the infinite horizon and most often licking himself at the same time if only for no reason but the feel-good sensation he gets from imagining how clean he will be. If you were to ask him to join you on your magical journey, he may even accept your generous offer, but most likely, he will not answer you and instead, proceed to clean his loins in front of you, as he so enjoys doing. That being said, if he were to goin on magical adventures, he would likely be the smartest of the lot and insist on planning out every detail of the journey, even down to the exact times to stop and clean himself, you or others watching if they so please. In fact, he often fantasises about fighting the horrible monsters and befriending the dragon that is often said to guard the princceses of legend in a cunning plot to become the husband of said princess and ride off into the infinite horizon on the back of the guardian dragon while he licked himself... while the princess watched.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Appearance:]
tnLCu9s.jpg
[/spoiler]

Combat Information
[spoiler=Equipment:]
Not a Girl's Bow Red Bow: A rather large, in comparison to his body size, red bow that Gnohomo quite favors. He practictly never removes it, not even when licking himself.

My Shovel: "My Shovel", as Gnohomo calls it, is Gnohomo's signature weapon and digging tool. There's really nothing particularly special about it except that it has a little bit of Gnohomo's blood on it that time he accidentally hit himself in the head with it during a tragic loins-licking accident.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Inventory:]
Currently none as Gnohomo has neither a bag nor clothes with pockets.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Attacks/Technique(s):]
Shovel Bash: A simple attack where Gnohomo bashes his enemy with My Shovel harder than that time he accidentally hit himself with it. Which is really, really hard. It left a cut and he cried.

Shovel Throw: Another rather simple attack where he throws My Shovel. What did you expect?

Diggy-Diggy-Hole: A defensive type of technique where Gnohomo swiftly digs a small hole just big enough for his own fluffy bottom to fit in. Usually used to dodged high and mid-ranged attacks.

Get Over Here!: A long-ranged, mana-powered attack where Gnohomo removes his bow?! and uses as a whip to snare enemies and use ribben-related attacks such as swinging them around and tying them up. He never, ever takes off his bow so you know this is a super duper powerful attack.
[/spoiler]

Other Information
- Gnohomo is about 3 feet tall. Seriously.
- Gnohomo likes to lick himself.
- Gnohomo likes to lick you if he likes you.
- Gnohomo gnohomo, gnohomo gnohomo gnohomo.

[/spoiler]

I apologize that my app is taking so long to complete, but with exams and stuff baring down its been hard. I promise to finish by this weekend.

Take your time, please. Exams are important, and I'd rather you prioritize them over this RP. = )

Regarding...Kaka...let's see...

We've discussed the surname, though gnomes were meant to be a laughing stock anyway. His personality and appearance is fine, though the account regarding in his other information should be shunted into his appearance.

His combat info is lacking, but he's a comic relief character, and he's a gnome. There's not much he'd be able to do.

One thing I do need you to do though is to brush up the grammar. I'm no Nazi, Joe's a Nazi, but it needs to be up to standard before I'll accept the bugger.

Since edit is a b****:

Personal Information
Character Name: Kaitlin Silvanas
Race: Wood Elf
Sex: Female
[spoiler=Personality]
Kaitlin is an intelligent woman, and she has no problem letting others know. She will constantly display her dismay for 'stupid' questions, even calling the speaker an idiot out loud. Other than the arrogance, she is sarcastic and blunt. Kaitlin does not give a damn if she hurts someones feelings, so long as they see things her way. In that manner, she is persuasive. Although she is irritable and snarky, she has the capability of being kind. However, the closest she usually gets to kindness is respect. She sees herself and a few others as supreme to the rest. Like previously stated, she has no problems making others known they are idiots. Kaitlin is frequently described as an 'unlikable b****' or something else vulgar along those lines, yet any form of insult is met with one of two responses; A solid backlash with that dagger sharp tongue of hers, or more likely, she would plain out ignore them.

Kaitlin doesn't play well with others that haven't earned her respect, so to say she doesn't play well with 90% of the world. In combat, she will criticize any and all mistakes made by those working alongside her, as long as attempt to upstage them. She will even go a step further to humiliate them, as if to show the others in the place she is above them. So to speak, even in combat she is arrogant. As far as she is concerned, those that aren't worthy of her presence should not be allowed near her. Kaitlin also has no problems killing. 

Any 'enemy' she faces in combat is also subject to her sharp tongue. One would be able to infer she treats 'allies' just like she treats enemies. She jeers at them, taunts them, and grazes them intentionally, all from as far back as possible. She is simply aggravating. If she is required to face off against one of equal strength or stronger, her snarky nature vanshes, leaving something possibly scarier. At this time she becomes silent and calculating. She no longer taunts, but instead she goes into an unbreakable focus and deadly precision. Like most, she fears death, and will take any measure to avoid it, even if it means swallowing her pride.

Although she is notorious for her proud and irritable nature, Kaitlin is great around strong political figures. Her striking beauty and intelligence allow her to get along with them. She also has no problem dropping morals for her goals. She will play around with hormones to get her viewpoint enforced by others. She also knows how to keep men silent. Kaitlin has a talent for getting her way, fair means or fowl. This isn't going to say she is a prostitute, so to speak. She will not sleep with every man just for one reason. That trick is saved for important and life changing tricks. Usually her intellect is enough to get people to see things from her point of view. She is a master of debate, and a snarky jerk

Kaitlin was once a kind spirited wood elf. She danced in the fields, loved nature. She was a complete opposite as she is now. Now that the world is pretty much ruined, Kaitlin has become a cold, sarcastic jerk. SHe severed ties to the other survivors she knew and became an introvert around her kind. She is still cold to other elves, and takes more interest in human polotics, mainly to prevent another disaster.[/spoiler][spoiler=Appearance:]9407791.jpg.jpgKaitlin's hair is brown, and she wields a rifle instead of a bow. She stands at a solid 6'1.(I assume Elves are tall?)
[/spoiler]

Combat Information
[spoiler=Equipment:]Kaitlin wields an 'advanced' rifle. It runs off gunpowder and is considered an 'advances piece.' It has three scopes, however two of them are folded down, popping up when she calibrates her rifle. It is a silver gun, with a wood handle. It has a small recoil upon fire, but it isn't enough to be noticable to her anymore. Its long, slender barrel is quite frail, but it still looks like a new weapon as she takes care of it as if it were a child. The gun only has one noticable trait, and that is to calibrate itself. While preparing this, the other two scopes will be unlocked and can be pushed up.  (Note the gun is simple. It has no rapid fire, takes a while to reload, and it just when guns were starting to be invented.)[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Inventory:]She has a simple pack of gunpowder, one by the gear on her belt loop. She knows how to make gunpowder, and she will at any chance she has to gather resources. Finally, she has a single match on her watch, as she has found gunpowder is quiet flammable.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Attacks/Technique(s)]
Kaitlin had no unique techniques, nor fancy magic. Her gun has a simple party trick. It can allow the other two scopes to pop up, and the barrel to extend. This process takes two seconds, and will draw a bullet from its storage(max of two bullets storage) They are unique, as they are larger and hit a lot harder. The gun in its current state fires the bullet fast, but comes with a cost. The recoil causes it to fly backwards. It usually causes her arms to go into the air with it. Once the bullet is fired, the target has about .3 seconds to find thick cover, or dodge.  Kaitlin has no response to people whom are able to close distance fast, and as a result, she is not prepared. She will use her rifle as a club if she must. However, she prefers to avoid this issue by just shooting them down before they can get in range.[/spoiler]

Other Information
Kaitlin has a Cockney British accent.
She is a classy woman and values her physical appearance almost as much as her intelligence.
It is rumered she came from the military, hence why she has access to the rifle. However, she has not denied or confirmed the rumors. She tends to leave them with a vague answer.
Lastly, her theme song is here
Her reasons for joining the group are not as much uniting the races, but finding out what they are each truly after. She is skeptical about everybody. She doesn't believe in pure goodness anymore.

[spoiler=Ready for Review]Personal Information
Character Name: Selisen Myorthal
Race: Drow
[spoiler=Personality:]Selisen Myorthal is a very serious and prideful person, and utterly unable to take a joke. His social skills are greatly unrefined and he is serious difficulty interpreting others' words or feelings, though the one thing he does know how to do is how to seduce someone and generate idle bedroom talk, a skill he despises using. Understandably for someone of his background, he greatly hates being discriminated against, for his age, for his appearance, for his gender or for his race, and is a friend of all who suffer from being looked down upon. He is incredibly sincere and holds tight onto his ideals and morals, this stringent nature is backed by a rather fiery temper that, once unleashed, little can be done about. Although still quite young for a drow, he has decided to dedicate his life to be a revolutionary and sometimes boasts of the things he will someday do, such as create a utopian system where everyone is equal, and he has began slowly outlining a new system he calls "democracy".

Raised as an assassin, Selisen has few problems killing to achieve his goals, even innocent civilians, provided there is sufficient reason which he could justify his actions with. When sacrifices are made, however, he tries to push away any memories of the kill and forget about it due to the fact that he is really too weak to deal with the consequences of his deeds. In this way, he may come off as cruel or apathetic to others who don't understand him, but he is quite a kind individual with a strong sense of justice.

He has had few friends as of yet, but this deprivation has only made him value all the more any friends he will make. Though his comrades will find him awkward, he is a very reliable and trustworthy companion to have.

Selisen is undeniable attracted to beautiful things, despite claiming to value practicality above all, and when nobody is looking he'll buy new pieces of jewellery for himself. He also cares greatly about his personal appearance and has come to terms with the fact that he looks like a girl.[/spoiler][spoiler=Appearance:]Ninety-nine percent of people will mistake Selisen for a flat-chested girl of moderate height at 165 cm, and a very beautiful one at that. His skin is a dark silver, lighter than most drow, and its smoothness is the envy of all women. He is very sleekly, though powerfully built, like a cheetah, and with thin shoulders and slender limbs, giving him a feminine build. Most effeminate of all, though, are his soft, delicate features that are utterly unsuited to his solemn demeanour and gives Selisen the appearance of a mildly upset young elven maiden, perhaps going through troubles of the heart and nothing like the serious troubles that plague him.

His hair is a blinding platinum colour, and he wears it loosely tied together at the back with a piece of twine and cut at the front so not to obstruct his vision. Of his jewellery, notable and constantly worn are his silver earrings each adorned with a small black mana crystal, the thin necklace chains that loop around his collar, and the two rings he wears on his right hand. In terms of clothing, Selisen dresses almost exclusively in black. Beneath a large black hooded cloak, he wears a loose black tunic with a silver trim, made of rather cheap silk but with exquisite designs, tied tightly at his waste by a black silken sash, and black silk pants as well as black leather boots with a steel toed tip.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]Selisen was born into a lowly noble drow House as only son with three elder sisters. As a male, he was treated as a mere slave, a tool for assassination trained from a young age, but even among his fellow males he found no camaraderie due to his feminine appearance. He was then elevated far beyond his status when his beauty caught the eye of the youngest daughter of the Queen of the Night, who was bisexual. He was then caught up in her plots to assassinate her family for the sake of taking the throne herself and reforming the society of drow. Their plans utterly failed unfortunately, and to save herself, the princess had to incriminate Selisen and lay all the blame upon him, but she gave preparations to allow him to escape while the rest of the group of assassins she had gathered were all silenced. Selisen left for the World Above and wandered selling his jewellery to survive until he found a nice place to stay at the Quester's Rest.[/spoiler]

Combat Information
[spoiler=Equipment:]Drow Chainmail: An exquisite piece of work of the highest quality only possible when commissioned by royalty for their favourite retainers. It is made of a very light but strong alloy with cloth to muffle any sounds. The chains are tightly knit together and its main use is in blocking sharp edges, but does rather little in terms of cushioning force.

Black Outfit: Almost purely black silk outfit that does well to meld into the shadows.

Black Cloak: A light hooded cloak that conceals his movements beneath it. It is erratically streaked with lighter and darker blacks and greys in order to break up his outline. In addition, it can be thrown off easily.

Vipers' Kiss: Dual stiletto blades, sheathed on his steel bracers. Meant to have poison, but Selisen currently carries none. Their design allows them to penetrate deep and reach internal organs easily.

Steel bracers: Hidden under his tunic's loose sleeves, these steel bracers are extremely strong in order to block blows and hold the sheaths for his daggers.[/spoiler][spoiler=Inventory:]Mana Crystals: Selisen carries two Black Mana Crystals on his earrings.

Expensive Jewellery: Gifts from a drow princess. They are highly valuable.

Money: Currently in his possession are 4 Gold coins from getting quite ripped off by a jewellery merchant.[/spoiler][spoiler=Attacks/Technique(s):]Selisen is an assassin, specializing in the art of stealth and scaling walls and bypassing security. He's not a specialized fighter, but his fast reflexes and extreme agility allow him to be at least relatively proficient in close range combat.

I am the Night:

Selisen can blend into the shadows and knows how to remain undetected. His footsteps make no sound except to the most acute listener, but he times his movements with his surroundings so that it can be passed off easily as just the wind or the like.

Stabbity Stab Stab:

As a stiletto wielder, the main offensive strike are extremely fast, well-placed stabs, multiple if possible, which can mean certain death when striking a vital organ or artery, or disablement when shearing through tendons. In addition to being able to jump out of nowhere due to stealth, Selisen's movements in close range combat are utterly fast and unexpected due to the fact that he can go from a standing position to a sudden lunge and strike enemies from farther than they would expect and he generally keeps a slow pace of combat where he can suddenly up the speed to overwhelm his enemy with numerous jabs. His main force of defence comes from simply dodging attacks or his bracers which are used to block sword strikes.

Art is an Explosion:

Selisen can channel and throw one of his crystals at his enemy where it will then cause a large fiery explosion.

Hey Sexy:

Selisen can take good advantage of his looks to distract his opponents. He can also put himself into vulnerable-seeming positions to draw out an opening.[/spoiler]

Other Information

Theme Song[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Gryphon Grendell]

33ou1y1.png

The "beasts" accept me for who I am and they have never once asked me to change.

Personal Information:

Character Name: Gryphon Grendell

Race: Human (with some Wood Elf blood a few generations back)

[spoiler=Personality]

Gryphon is an honorable guy. He doesn't appreciate cheating, swindling, or dirty tricks and condemns those that use them. Similarly, he finds arrogance detestable and recognizes that all groups of people, regardless of race, are equal. Unfortunately, due to the common belief by the High Elves that they are superior to all, Gryphon doesn't much get along with them. Another of Gryphon's strongest attributes is acceptance, of both people and of whatever situation he is. He wouldn't ask anyone to change for him and expects the same for others. In respect to accepting the situation, by that he accepts that there is no reason to sulk on his current situation, but instead figure a way out of it. This makes Gryphon a progressive thinker.

Gryphon hates large crowds, the collection of pungent bodies and raucous noises upsets his heightened senses. His hatred of crowds also most likely extends from his acute claustrophobia. Gryphon is also inept with most modern technology, he is especially perplexed by guns and hates the sound they make. 

Gryphon is extremely protective of his personal possessions and those that are close to them. If either is greatly threatened, Gryphon loses all sense of reason and will protect the item or person of interest at all costs.

Despite the negative effect that religion has had Gryphon's life, he still prays in secret while openly denouncing the religion. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance]

vimntd.jpg

Gryphon stands at a decent height of 6'2" and sports a wonderfully fit, muscular form. His in shape body and sun-tanned appearance are a result of spending much of his life living in the wilderness. Around his neck, Gryphon wears a necklace crafted from a simple leather cord that is adorned with a single silver bead and a smooth, polished arrowhead. Inscribed upon the arrowhead is the ancient, Elvish character for 'beast' or 'animal'. On his wrists, Gryphon wears a pair of golden cuffs, crafted by a dwarven smith. On his right pectoral is a tattoo in Elvish script of his own name and on his right shoulder there is a tattoo of an ancient Orcish character that means both 'moon' and 'compassion'. Located beneath the leather band fastened around his right bicep is his final tattoo, again in Elvish script, spelling out the name Damian Malik.

Gryphon is almost always shirtless, this fact made sense by his magical ability and later explained in the application. He wears a pair of leather pants fastened with various pockets and niches for his weapons and money. Sheathed in his belt is a pair of daggers.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

Gryphon is from Alexandria a small farming town that is inconveniently located in an area where very little growing occurs. Despite the circumstances, he and his thirteen brothers(only 3 of which from the same mother as Gryphon) worked alongside their single father as they prepped, seeded, nurtured, and harvested the land. It was a tiring existence, but a rewarding one. For the majority of his life, Gryphon could only picture growing up as a farmer and staying in Alexandria. Even after the Empyrean Project collapsed and most of the world was left to ruin and refugees began to pile into the province of Cornucopia, Gryphon was content to continue the cycle that his great-grandfather had started decades ago. 

It should be noted that religion was very important in Gryphon's household. Obviously with having thirteen brothers, Gryphon's father got around quite a lot in his younger years, however; he repented from such a lifestyle after going through a mid-life crisis and turned to the church for redemption. So every morning, after eating a hardy breakfast of freshly laid eggs and that weeks slaughtered meat, he would go with the rest of his family to pray at the chapel. Gryphon himself never put much stock into religion, but he saw how important it was to his father, so he made an effort to follow the religion.

Unfortunately, there was a problem with that plan. At the age of 19, Gryphon began to fall for someone that lived in the town of Alexandria. A man by the name of Kallen Sloan. Gryphon tried hard to ignore these feelings, for according to the dominant religion homosexuality was seen as just as much an abomination as the unclean Beastkin that came as a product of the Empyrean Project. However, soon both Gryphon and Kallen gave into their feelings for one another and started a secret relationship.

For a time, their secret stayed hidden. They managed to avoid all suspicion and by the age of 21, it didn't appear that anyone was aware of their coupling. It seems that when the element of danger was taken away though, the two got sloppy. Having snuck out in the middle of the night, the two were taking a midnight stroll around a nearby pond. Caught up in the romantic moment cast by the light of the full moon, the two passionately kissed each other, unaware that a fellow townsman was out on a nighttime fishing trip and could plainly see them.

The next morning, the majority of the religious community confronted Gryphon and Kallen about it. Attempting to save himself, Kallen began spouting lies about how Gryphon had threatened and tricked him through the use of dark magic. Which of course only made the religious community even more prejudice against Gryphon. 

Blinded by their anger, the religious townspeople formed a mob, his father and brothers included, and stripped Gryphon down and hung him up in a nearby field like scarecrow. Gryphon was powerless to this treatment and remained in the field for three days, all the while townspeople would walk by and throw rotten food at his him or spit on his bare body. Gryphon was humiliated and tortured, but worst of all he was broken. His first love had betrayed him, turned not only the town against him, but his own family. It was for that reason that he never asked to be let down, he never tried to convince them of repentance. He refused to show them weakness, he refused to submit to Kallen's cruelty.

It was on the third night in being strung up in the field that a wolf's howl woke Gryphon from his troubled sleep. Defenseless in the field, Gryphon's body tensed up as the sounds of the beast grew nearer. The darkness of night concealed the animal, and it was not until the wolf was directly below Gryphon that he saw the monstrosity.

It was huge, the biggest wolf that Gryphon had ever seen. It was as large as any bear and has much muscle to match. Its fur was an ebony black and its fangs shone like ivory in the light of the waxing moon. Its yellow eyes fixed themselves on Gryphon's, who was too terrified to shout for help. It was not like any was going to come anyway. Gryphon closed his eyes and waited for the beast to kill him or leave him be. He wasn't sure which he preferred.

Strangely, neither happened. Eyes still closed, Gryphon did not see the monstrous wolf transform into a man. The man drew a knife from his belt and cut the bonds that held Gryphon, causing him to fall to the ground before he realized what was happening. 

"Wha-" Gryphon began, but the man hushed him. Signaling for silence, the man led Gryphon away from the town and the two made their way down the road that exited the town. Leaving the road behind, the two crossed a stretched of hard-packed earth, cracks littering its landscape, brought about by the sun's relentlessness, before finally arriving at the edge of the Abkhazia forest. Having made the trip in near silence, the man finally spoke. 

"Either enter as a member of the Pack or take your leave." Having heard rumors of groups therianthropes, Beastkin, and Skin-Walkers coming together in the forests, Gryphon suspected he knew what the man meant. It was then that Gryphon found his true family.

Welcomed among the pack of wild people, it was there that Gryphon learned his magic, earning the title of Beast-Mage. Vouched for by the werewolf, Theren Egade, that rescued him, he was able to gain respect amongst the Pack members and earned his way to be the right-hand man of the leader of the Pack, a wereserpent by the name of Ocatnarto Adlock.

During one of his patrols of the Pack's territory, he came across an unfamiliar scent. Now, recently, the Pack had been having trouble with a nearby group of angry druids that believed the Pack was too close to their grove. So, naturally, Gryphon pounced on the intruder, only to find himself face to face with an obviously terrified human by the name of Damian Malik.

Damian was a student under the tutelage of Archmage Herodotus and had been sent into the forest to collect information on a rumored alchemy ingredient that the Wood Elves had recently discovered. However, he had lost his way in his travels, leading him into the Pack's territory. After his initial fright, he became intrigued with the Pack and their dynamic as well as their various forms of magic. More so, however; he became intrigued with Gryphon. 

When it came time for Damian to leave, he asked if Gryphon would accompany him, using Gryphon's first-hand knowledge of the primal society as an excuse, but in reality, he just didn't want to say good-bye. Gryphon agreed, and after saying good-bye to his adopted family, he left the wilderness to once again brave modern society. 

He lived with Damian in Herodotus' Land, earning his keep by writing down all he knew about the obscure woodland magics that he had observed in his time with the Pack. Before long, Damian and Gryphon became an official couple, and while Gryphon was prepared to no longer hide who he was, Damian was afraid of what others would think. So, the two declared that they were cousins, bringing silence to the rumors that had sprung up when Damian had returned from his trip with Gryphon.

Recently, Damian has been assigned to study a place called the 'Quester's Rest', an inn in the city of Hamson. Herodotus has heard whispering about something big going on there and wants one of his students to be around in the even that something does happen. Obviously, this means that Gryphon has accompanied Damian and the two have been staying at the inn for the last few weeks. 

[/spoiler]

Combat Information:

[spoiler=Equipment]

Fang and Claw: The two daggers sheathed at his side, one is larger than the other, bordering on the length of a short sword or scimitar. There is nothing particularly special about the blades, but they are sturdy and sharp. They'll get the job done.

Empathy Charm: The necklace around his neck is actually a charm that allows him to communicate with non-sentient beings, particularly beasts and animals. It does not allow him to talk, per say, but it does allow him to convey and perceive basic communications. It was given to him by the tribal shaman of his Pack as a parting gift.

Valon: I hate to list this little guy as a piece of equipment, but it is where he best fits I suppose. Valon is a male ferret that Gryphon has established a close bond with. Valon is a constant companion and rarely ever leaves Gryphon's side.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Inventory]

Blue & White Mana Crystals: Carried in the various pockets of Gryphon's pants, he carries a large number of blue and white mana crystals. He is always careful to restock these when visiting a town or village. 

Money: Gryphon has 56 silvers, and 23 coppers

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Attacks/Techniques]

Gryphon is primarily a melee fighter with a range of transformation spells at his disposal. Using his daggers in tandem with his animalistic adaptations, Gryphon becomes a versatile opponent. Speed and agility are the basis of Gryphon's attack patterns, completely forgoing armor and the majority of clothing so as to better allow him to move about deftly and quickly. Of course, this opens up Gryphon to a variety of weaknesses, chief among them is his lack of defense. Open to both offensive magic and weapons, Gryphon must take great care to avoid as much damage as possible. 

Primal Adaptation Magic: A form of self-transformation magic, similar to therianthropy or Skin-Walking Magic, Gryphon is able to temporarily transform his body to take on an animalistic adaptation, for example claws or wings. This form of magic is extremely temperamental and great care must be taken with it. If given too much mana, these spells could fully transform Gryphon into the animal he is trying to emulate, leading to a possibly permanent transformation or a therianthropic event. To better control this power, Gryphon usually consumes a blue mana crystal to give himself the boost he needs to start the transformation, followed by the consumption of a white mana crystal to keep the transformation in check. Gryphon is able to perform the magic without either, and will if the situation demands, but much prefers to be more safe than sorry.

Beast Link: By physically touching an animal, Gryphon is able to see through their eyes and experience the world via their senses. In addition, he gains minor control of their body, directing where the animal goes and whatnot. While performing this magic, his own body is left relatively defenseless as his movement is impaired and he is unable to use other forms of magic until his full consciousness returns to his own body. 

Healing Magic: Learnt in order to better safe-guard himself, Gryphon is able to cast simple healing spells.

Heightened Senses: Upon induction into the Pack, a ceremony was performed that gave Gryphon the senses of a wild animal, thus his hearing, smell, and sight are acutely heightened. He also has decent night vision as a result. 

[/spoiler]

Other Information:

The only form of meat that Gryphon will eat is fish.

Gryphon's last name, Grendell, is derived from the beast, Grendel, that is featured in Beowulf. His first name is a bastardization of the mythical creature, Griffin. 

[/spoiler]

Cherz, your app review.
Peronal Info:
You've met all the criteria up to personality with flying colours.

She's a b*tch. That's good and all, but I'm just trying to place her eagerness to join this goal a person she'd likely consider lesser than herself for attempting to bring about. Her political attitude will be very useful later on, however it is the shallow waters I am a bit concerned about. Why would she join a rag-tag group of strangers?

Her appearance is fairly standard, definitely a would elf in terms of clothing. Very ample. Though, could you perhaps consider adding her height?

Combat Info:
You need to add her attire here. You've got everything she needs, except what she wears. Even this needs to be detailed in equipment, in order to portray her outfits strengths and weaknesses.

She clearly starkly contrasts your standard wood elf here in siding with machinery, dropping the bow for a rifle and gun powder. It will be very interesting to explore her history which is notably omitted.

She's a one trick pony. An effective one, mind you, but one nontheless. I figure that you've kept her as such because she's got a rifle, and rifles are damn powerful, so in an effort to now overpower her you've made he rifle bound. I like that thinking and, truth be told, I like characters with evident weaknesses, allowing a great building opportunity upon them.

Other Info:
Not sure where she'd pick up such an accent. Perhaps that is what her people speak like? Also, what kind of British accent are we talking about? There are many: Scouse, Liverpudlian, Cockney, etc. Nothing wrong with a gal appreciating her vanity, and again her backstory that is notably omitted is teased at. I imagine she'll be keeping her cards close to her chest. Curious about your choice of theme.

Overall, nearly ready to be accepted. Add her attire to her equipment and she's good to go.

Aqua Girl, interest is noted.

Updated the OP, mentioning who's put down what towards their characters in terms of points.

[spoiler=Ready for Review]Personal Information
Character Name: Selisen Myorthal
Race: Drow
[spoiler=Personality:]Selisen Myorthal is a very serious and prideful person, and utterly unable to take a joke. His social skills are greatly unrefined and he is serious difficulty interpreting others' words or feelings, though the one thing he does know how to do is how to seduce someone and generate idle bedroom talk, a skill he despises using. Understandably for someone of his background, he greatly hates being discriminated against, for his age, for his appearance, for his gender or for his race, and is a friend of all who suffer from being looked down upon. He is incredibly sincere and holds tight onto his ideals and morals, this stringent nature is backed by a rather fiery temper that, once unleashed, little can be done about. Although still quite young for a drow, he has decided to dedicate his life to be a revolutionary and sometimes boasts of the things he will someday do, such as create a utopian system where everyone is equal, and he has began slowly outlining a new system he calls "democracy".

Raised as an assassin, Selisen has few problems killing to achieve his goals, even innocent civilians, provided there is sufficient reason which he could justify his actions with. When sacrifices are made, however, he tries to push away any memories of the kill and forget about it due to the fact that he is really too weak to deal with the consequences of his deeds. In this way, he may come off as cruel or apathetic to others who don't understand him, but he is quite a kind individual with a strong sense of justice.

He has had few friends as of yet, but this deprivation has only made him value all the more any friends he will make. Though his comrades will find him awkward, he is a very reliable and trustworthy companion to have.

Selisen is undeniable attracted to beautiful things, despite claiming to value practicality above all, and when nobody is looking he'll buy new pieces of jewellery for himself. He also cares greatly about his personal appearance and has come to terms with the fact that he looks like a girl.[/spoiler][spoiler=Appearance:]Ninety-nine percent of people will mistake Selisen for a flat-chested girl of moderate height at 165 cm, and a very beautiful one at that. His skin is a dark silver, lighter than most drow, and its smoothness is the envy of all women. He is very sleekly, though powerfully built, like a cheetah, and with thin shoulders and slender limbs, giving him a feminine build. Most effeminate of all, though, are his soft, delicate features that are utterly unsuited to his solemn demeanour and gives Selisen the appearance of a mildly upset young elven maiden, perhaps going through troubles of the heart and nothing like the serious troubles that plague him.

His hair is a blinding platinum colour, and he wears it loosely tied together at the back with a piece of twine and cut at the front so not to obstruct his vision. Of his jewellery, notable and constantly worn are his silver earrings each adorned with a small black mana crystal, the thin necklace chains that loop around his collar, and the two rings he wears on his right hand. In terms of clothing, Selisen dresses almost exclusively in black. Beneath a large black hooded cloak, he wears a loose black tunic with a silver trim, made of rather cheap silk but with exquisite designs, tied tightly at his waste by a black silken sash, and black silk pants as well as black leather boots with a steel toed tip.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]Selisen was born into a lowly noble drow House as only son with three elder sisters. As a male, he was treated as a mere slave, a tool for assassination trained from a young age, but even among his fellow males he found no camaraderie due to his feminine appearance. He was then elevated far beyond his status when his beauty caught the eye of the youngest daughter of the Queen of the Night, who was bisexual. He was then caught up in her plots to assassinate her family for the sake of taking the throne herself and reforming the society of drow. Their plans utterly failed unfortunately, and to save herself, the princess had to incriminate Selisen and lay all the blame upon him, but she gave preparations to allow him to escape while the rest of the group of assassins she had gathered were all silenced. Selisen left for the World Above and wandered selling his jewellery to survive until he found a nice place to stay at the Quester's Rest.[/spoiler]

Combat Information
[spoiler=Equipment:]Drow Chainmail: An exquisite piece of work of the highest quality only possible when commissioned by royalty for their favourite retainers. It is made of a very light but strong alloy with cloth to muffle any sounds. The chains are tightly knit together to turn most knives and cushion blows from bigger weapons.

Black Outfit: Almost purely black silk outfit that does well to meld into the shadows.

Black Cloak: A light hooded cloak that conceals his movements beneath it. It is erratically streaked with lighter and darker blacks and greys in order to break up his outline. In addition, it can be thrown off easily.

Vipers' Kiss: Dual stiletto blades, sheathed on his steel bracers. Meant to have poison, but Selisen currently carries none. Their design allows them to penetrate deep.

Steel bracers: Hidden under his tunic's loose sleeves, these steel bracers are extremely strong in order to block blows and hold the sheaths for his daggers.[/spoiler][spoiler=Inventory:]Mana Crystals: Selisen carries two Black Mana Crystals on his earrings.

Expensive Jewellery: Gifts from a drow princess. They are highly valuable.

Money: Currently in his possession are 10 Gold coins from getting quite ripped off by a jewellery merchant.[/spoiler][spoiler=Attacks/Technique(s):]Selisen is an assassin, specializing in the art of stealth and scaling walls and bypassing security. He's not a specialized fighter, but his fast reflexes and extreme agility allow him to be at least relatively proficient in close range combat.

I am the Night:

Selisen can blend into the shadows and knows how to remain undetected. His footsteps make no sound except to the most acute listener, but he times his movements with his surroundings so that it can be passed off easily as just the wind or the like.

Stabbity Stab Stab:

As a stiletto wielder, the main offensive strike are extremely fast, well-placed stabs, multiple if possible, which can mean certain death when striking a vital organ or artery, or disablement when shearing through tendons. In addition to being able to jump out of nowhere due to stealth, Selisen's movements in close range combat are utterly fast and unexpected due to the fact that he can go from a standing position to a sudden lunge and strike enemies from farther than they would expect and he generally keeps a slow pace of combat where he can suddenly up the speed to overwhelm his enemy with numerous jabs. His main force of defence comes from simply dodging attacks or his bracers which are used to block sword strikes.

Art is an Explosion:

Selisen can channel and throw one of his crystals at his enemy where it will then cause a large fiery explosion.

Hey Sexy:

Selisen can take good advantage of his looks to distract his opponents. He can also put himself into vulnerable-seeming positions to draw out an opening.[/spoiler]

Other Information

Theme Song[/spoiler]

Kyng. Or anyone else for that matter.

[spoiler='Daphne']
Personal Information
Character Name: Daphne Aerior
Race: Human
Sex: F

[spoiler='Personality']
Due to her fragile and doll-like appearance Daphne is often looked down upon by other magicians, and at first glance see her to be a helpless and inexperienced little girl who can do nothing but basic magic. Her timidity and shyness (almost to the point of fear) of strangers don’t help to dispel this idea either. The reality is far different though; Daphne is skilled magician who specializes in all-forms of magic. A very knowledgeable young woman it is not often she makes her skills known, and as such despite her great skill is known only to a select few in the magical social scene.

An apprentice of the Archmage Herodotus since a very young age she views him as a second father, and holds him in a high regard, as such is often at odds with members of the clergy and the church’s devout who think of Herodotus as a heretic, and blasphemer.  Though at odds is probably an improper word to use, as due to her timidness, and avoidance of confrontation. A pacifist by nature she would rather use healing and defensive spells in a fight, but should the need arise Daphne is no slouch in a fight, and will resort to deadly force if necessary. As both a scholar and a peacemaker Daphne plays a self-nominated role of diplomat always trying to find a non-violent solution to problems, rather than immediately resorting to aggression.

A very studious young woman Daphne is very smart, and enjoys putting the knowledge she has to use. Being very quiet has also let her learn a lot about people, and her ability have little presence in room, though often leaving Daphne unnoticed, she is always listening. Picking up all sorts of gossip that floats around the inn she’s very in the know, finding about the newest news from around the world from travelers who come to stay in Quester’s Rest.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Appearance']
[spoiler='Picture']QPOGSL1.jpg[/spoiler]
Daphne stands at a measly 4’7” weighing 98lbs. Her ceremonial knife is held by a leather strap to her leg under her dress. She wears white sandals that lace up to her ankles and stockings that go up to her mid-thigh. She also has a brown leather bag which she uses to carry around her grimoire, mana crystals, and any other important objects she might find along the way. Daphne also wears this while working at the Quester's Rest:  http://i.imgur.com/UH0bpLD.jpg
Alternate view: http://i.imgur.com/spusbgP.jpg [/spoiler]

Combat Information
[spoiler='Equipment']
Book of Aradia: A grimoire filled with spells useful for any magician, its magical properties make it a focal point for mana, which helps Daphne charge her spells, and increase her magical abilities beyond that of what would normally be the limit for a human. It was the last gift Daphne received from Herodotus before leaving his care. It seems to have some sort of special properties, though Daphne has no knowledge of them.

Medea’s Curse: A piece of jewelry attached to a black chocker. When Daphne’s blood touches the jewel she losses the ability to cast anything but offensive magic, though her offensive magic’s strength is greatly increased. The jewel when active also seems to have an effect on Daphne’s emotions though causing her to fight and act more aggressively and bold than she normally would be.

Staff: A staff that Daphne uses to channel mana through into her spells.

Ceremonial Knife: A knife that Daphne uses for spells that require her own blood. She can use it for fighting as well when using her body magic and enhancement magic.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Inventory']
40 Red Mana Crystals
10 Silvers
35 Coppers 
(Daphne is poor as all heck and works around the Quester’s Rest to pay her fair)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Attacks Techniques']

[spoiler='Magic']

Energy Magic: Daphne’s main form of combat. For the most part Daphne keeps her magic toned down unless the need arises, so this attack is hardly lethal. Manifesting as orbs of pure focused mana, Daphne use it in a various ways; ranging from quick bullets, to larger yet slower moving orbs, and even a combination of several types in complex patterns. Being composed of pure mana to a certain extent Daphne is aware at all times of the living things around her.

Barrier Creation: Daphne is able to use magic circles as a form of defense. Different circles will have different effects, though creating one after another is quite tiresome and requires huge amounts of concentration, and if Daphne exerts herself to much and casts to many barriers it will cause her to lose consciousness, or because of her weak heart there is an, albeit minimal, chance that she could die. Also should a barrier be broken it will cause Daphne physical pain, as well as stunning her physically and magically form a short period of time.

Enhancement Magic: Having been weak since birth Daphne practices body enhancing magic, which she can use on herself and others to enhance a certain physical aspect of themselves for a short period of time. Examples include increasing someone’s physical strength, eyesight, or reflex speed.

Healing Magic: A lover more than a fighter it is only natural that Daphne’s best magical abilities lay in healing magic. Ranging from being able to cure sicknesses to cuts and bruises, and even mortal wounds given enough time. The more complicated and injury or ailment is though the more concentration and time it takes to heal, during healing Daphne is also quite vulnerable to attack, as unless it a quick casting all of her attention must be devoted to the person she is healing. Her kind-hearted, yet at times naïve nature, will often cause her to help anybody should they ask for it.
[/spoiler] 

[spoiler='Notable Spells']
Physic Magic – Bounce: A magic circle forms beneath Daphne. It focuses a large amount of mana in a single area before releasing it all at once launching Daphne it the direction the circle is facing.  A relatively simple spell it requires hardly any effort on Daphne’s part and can be casted multiple times in quick succession without any repercussions, and can also be cast in midair. 

Dancing Dragon: Daphne summons a small tadpole-like energy formation, which will stay within 5 ft. of her. The “tail” like end of the summoned energy can be used to cut, and will work as an extension of Daphne’s own body moving to her mental commands.

Aeon Rain: Daphne summons multiple diamond shaped bullets of energy which fly out in a clockwise and counter clockwise pattern. Upon coming in contact with something the bullets will explode. Daphne is able to fire multiple volleys of this spell, but it has a small recharge time, though the more she uses this spell the less the longer the recharge must be in-between volleys. 

Faire’s Aire: A spell personally taught to her by Archmage Herodotus, it is extremely powerful, and extremely taxing. To initiate the spell Daphne drops a Mana Crystal soaked with her blood into the chalice like top of her staff. A large magic circle then appears beneath her, mana in the form of red mist like energy then begins to pour out of the top of her staff as well as overflowing out of the circle. Daphne is able to then control the mist, and convert it into energy which acts as a far more destructive version of her normal attacks. Again due to her weak physical state Daphne is only able to hold the spell together for about 5 minutes or so before she has to break the spell due to the physical exhaustion it causes.  Daphne will only use this spell in the most dire of situations due to the toll it takes on her body. (What the spell looks like when cast: http://i.imgur.com/0x1JdfD.jpg The outfit being worn is different, but pay that no mind)

Yggdrasil Roots: Several faint beams of green light shot from the top of Daphne's staff. Those within the radius of the beams will feel a surge of invigorating energy, and while it won't heal wounds it does lift tiredness and fatigue.
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Other Information:

• Daphne is the name of a nymph who was sought after by the God Apollo. She succeeded in getting away from him only by turning herself into a laurel bush, which is what this Daphne wears in her hair
  • Aradia and Medea are both names of sorceresses from mythology which ties into Daphne's magician motif.

[/spoiler]

It took a while, but I finally finished. Alright Kyng I've got 2 more apps on the way, along with that custom race. Those should be done in a more timely manner as I don't have as many projects breathing down my throat now.

[spoiler=Zinnia Maltama]
zZwTHIt.png
"I can't help that I'm naturally gifted..."
Personal Information
Character Name: Zinnia Maltama
Race: High Elf
Sex: Female

[spoiler=Personality:]
Zinnia, like most high elves, take pride in the things she accomplishes and always want people to know that she was the one who succeed. Though she doesn't mind sharing the spotlight, as long as she gets her credit where it is due she is fine. Zinnia also hates it when people take credit for things they haven't actually done, especially if they are taking hers. If so she makes sure to correct them, though she does so very rudely as it makes her angry. That's another thing that sets her apart from other elves, is that she doesn't have a problem initiating confrontation. However, it's not to the point where she goes around starting fights with everyone and anyone (though if she won she gladly boasts about it).

She loves the fact that she, as a high elf, has a certain affinity with magic that most other races don't. It makes her feel special. Though she doesn't allow herself to think that this makes her better than anyone. Zinnia doesn't believe that any one race is better than another, since all races have their strengths and weakness (which Zinnia realizes that her lack of humility is one of hers). However, she knows that she often times come off this way, whether be how she acts or speaks to others. It's not her intention to come off like that, but old habits die hard.

Zinnia is the type of person who willingly gives her help when asked, and is kind to those in need. However, just because she is willing to help others, she doesn't easily trusts others. Zinnia will tolerate people, and be friendly but she may not always trust them. Though when she trusts someone, she does so completely. No matter what happens she will have her friends back, and her loyalty isn't easily broken. It takes a lot before Zinnia rethinks her choice of who she places her trust in, as she will do anything to protect such friendship. If the time comes, however, where Zinnia to lose her faith in you it is very hard to regain her trust. She will continue to tolerate that person, but any hopes of a friendship or trust is almost impossible to rekindle.

Surprisingly enough, Zinnia has a maternal side to her that comes out at the strangest times. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance:]mfJ2mdf.png[/spoiler]

Combat Information
[spoiler=Equipment:]Blue Elven Robe, Gloves, Footwear[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Inventory:]
25 Blue Mana Crystals
15 Black Mana Crystals
39 Silver and 23 Copper
Two Tonfas strapped to her outter thigh of either leg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Attacks/Technique(s):]
Martial Arts Prowess
Zinnia, through her years of living, has trained her body and mind to understanding and performing martial arts. Though it is true that elves aren't exactly known for their strength, and close combat abilities Zinnia didn't care, still choosing to make this her area of study. As of right now she has successfully mastered Boxing, Muay Thai, Tonfas, Praying Mantis Style, and Shia Weh. With these martial arts she is able to seamlessly shift from one to another within the middle of a technique depending on what the situation calls for.

Boxing
When she switches to her boxing stance she favors a left stance, since she is left handed. When she is in her boxing stance, though she still packs quite a punch, she focuses the majority of her magic on speed, and around her arms but mostly fists. Utilizing quick punches to vital areas in the face, and throat area. Using the natural agility that elves are blessed with, she is able to dodge quickly and deal quick decisive blows.
7 Shot Punch - She focuses most of her magic into her right hand, and delivers 7 punches. With each successful punch she lands the strength of the punch gets stronger. Because of that, she usually only use her left hand until she can be sure a hit can be landed with her right. If she misses, then the attack is over as they have to be consecutive hits with her right hand.

Muay Thai
In this style, Zinnia changes her mana concentration for pure power and strength behind her techniques. She focuses her mana around her elbows, knees, forearms and shins since these are the points of contact. When she attacks she takes a very relentless approach, utilizing long-winded combos in an attempt to prevent the opponent from countering. Whenever she makes contact in this style a bit of mana is released for a stronger impact.
[spoiler=Kick Prep]3afUCW9.png[/spoiler]
Zinnia Skull Crusher - An attack in which Zinnia channels her mana into one of her legs before delivering a powerhouse of a kick. Once she makes contact with her opponent, the mana in her leg is dispelled outwards with helps deal more damage. 
Burst Kick - Similar to her first attack, in that she concentrates mana to her leg, but instead of making physical contact, she kicks and allows for a wave of mana energy to hit the opponent for a long ranged attack. She can fire 3 in a row before needing to concentrate the mana to her leg again.

Tonfa
Though Zinnia is more in tuned with using her own body as a weapon, she did practice with Tonfas just to have some knowledge with weapons. She doesn't normally use her Tonfa since this puts her at a slight disadvantage. So if she isn't serious, or simply gauging her opponent's strength then she may use these. Also if her opponent has a weapon she may opt for these. Her primarily fighting preference when using this is to parry, aim for joints, and nerve bundles. When her Tonfas are out she channels her mana for speed my lacing them through her muscles, and her Tonfas for a heavier strike.
Psuedo-Bullet - She points her Tonfas out (holding them similar to the way Death The Kid holds his guns) and channels her magic towards the ends and shoots them out similar to as if they were guns. This can be done at any time, giving them both a long and close range use. After each shot the mana around the Tonfas get weaker, and after 10 shots the mana would have to be re-applied.

Praying Manits Style
When using this style, similar to boxing, she greatly utilizes speed in her attacks. However, unlike her her boxing she takes a more tactile approach in her fighting. In this style it is all about precision, and incapacitating the opponent with joint locks, and attacking the minute vulnerable spots around the body. Her mana, for the most part, is distributed around her entire body, with the majority of it surrounding her hands (so that she can pierce the body),feet for her kicks, and legs for powerful jumps. The distribution for body-hands-feet with her magic is respectively 30-35-35. Of all her styles this is probably her more deadly once, since she goes straight for the vital spots. This style allows her to easily pierce through flesh, and most low grade armor.
Mantis Mimicry - Before using this she changes the concentration of mana to 50% in her hands, increasing her piercing power. She also projects her mana outwards from her hands about a foot, and an extra 3 inches that curves downward resembling mantis' arms. She uses these as blades. It lasts for about 10 minutes.

Shia Weh
A very elegant, dance-like fighting style, that doesn't require needlessly brute strength, and focuses on being completely in tuned with your body and the energy around you. It is a self defense that was developed by Elves, but most neglect using the art. When using mana, it is split evenly on attack and defense making it a very balanced style. When she uses this, she takes a defensive tactic as there aren't many attacks in this style. It is mostly useful for dodging, evading and redirecting attacks. It is ideal for when she is trying to buy time, or protect someone else.
100 Arm Defense - This defense is performed by focusing some mana to her arms for increased speed, and the rest outward in a circular radius of 4 feet. Within this range the user can sense if someone comes within this range, and thus can defend from any angle. It has also been referred to as "The Ultimate Defense"

Battle Aura
Being an Elf, Zinnia has a high affinity with magic and her battle aura is her pride and joy. For as far back as she can remember she had been training to pull the mana straight from the atmosphere and internalize it without the use of crystals. Her battle aura is something that is always active, and as such she is constantly pulling mana from the atmosphere. Though it is always active she only keeps a small portion of it surrounding her body. The rest of her Mana she stores, and builds up for when she needs to use it in fights. Her battle aura, when fully active, increases her speed, strength, and senses. It also increases the toughness of her skin, like a coat of armor. She can choose where to concentration her mana, for a stronger defense if need be. For example 100% mana on her arm can block sword attacks without harm, and even a few magic infused weapon attacks. Her battle aura in shown to have a dark pink hue.

God Mode Ver. I
This is activated by consuming 1 Green Mana Crystal. This increases her Battle Aura by 50%. However, after this is used Zinnia cannot use her battle aura for a full day as she needs to replenish her Mana. This is basically a stronger version of her battle aura, but only lasts for 15 minutes.

God Mode Ver. II
This is activated by consuming 1 Green Mana Crystal while Ver. I is activated. This increases her battle aura by 50%. However, after this is used Zinnia cannot use her Battle Aura for 3 days due to needing to replenish her Mana. This lasts for 10 minutes.

End Mode
This is activated by consuming 1 Black Mana Crystal while Ver. II is activated. This increases her battle aura by 100%, giving a grand total of 300%. Her mana changes from dark pink, to a deep dark color. Her skin also darkens slightly, along with her eyes (changing to a darker green), and hair (changing to black). This is only activated for 5 minutes, and afterwards she cannot use her battle aura for 5 days.
Astral Finish - Holds her hands out, forming two seals on either side of her. Once this is done she has three different uses for this charge up.
[spoiler=Prep]9vvGvAq.png[/spoiler]
Ground Pound - She clasps her hands together and slams them against the ground. This sends out a shock wave of mana in a circular wave, 12 feet in radius.
Piercing Strike - She brings her hands together and raises them above her head. A large blast is shot into the air, before separating into 2 dozen sword shaped projectiles that aims for only her enemies.
Second Wind - After charging her energy, instead of expelling it she internalizes it giving her an extra 2 minutes in this form. However, it adds another day for recuperation.
[/spoiler]

Other Information
Zinnia is named after a flower. Though there are many meanings the one Zinnia likes is "Remembrance of an Absent Friend"
Doesn't like sweet things
Can't cook, but likes to try
Occasionally hums 
[/spoiler]

My first app ^^

Heads up, I am here, and I am reviewing le apps. Bear with me.

Aix:

Peronal Info:

A serious person it quite necessary out of this rag-tag bunch. Level-headedness is a trait well desired. Not only that, but a silver-tongued seducer is a useful tool for the later events for the RP. It is surprising how very in depth you've made the character, I greatly enjoyed reading the diverse and well written personality Selisen has. Needless to say, though, he's the first character I've read with a reason deep down to join the company, so big props on that.

His appearance is exactly what you promised, a Drow Trap. Needless to say an exceptionally beautiful one. Though the Black Mana Crystal Ear rings are very interesting, and I am looking forward to see where they go. They seem quite like the Chekov's Gun.

The backstory is pretty interesting, very in bound with Drow culture. Very well written and executed. A revolutionary drow in exile will be a pretty perfect addition to the team.

Combat Info:
The Chainmail is fine, but do keep in mind that it is only chainmail, and in stark contrast to plate armour it isn't going to last very well. Nerf it slightly - I'd suggest regarding heavy blows. I am glad, though, that you've also noticed my recurring theme of stating that his attire should be in equipment. Thanks for noting it. A nice choice in weapon, mind you.

His inventory, regarding the ripping off on Gold Coins - Gold Coins aren't anything to laugh at by any means. He's actually very wealthy.

I am perfectly happy with the assassin based moveset, and the seduction isn't something commonly seen, so I like it.
Other Info:
A very fitting theme, much appreciated.

Read over this, tell me if you want to or not make changes, and we'll see where we go from there.

[spoiler=Gryphon Grendell]

33ou1y1.png

The "beasts" accept me for who I am and they have never once asked me to change.

Personal Information:

Character Name: Gryphon Grendell

Race: Human (with some Wood Elf blood a few generations back)

[spoiler=Personality]

Gryphon is an honorable guy. He doesn't appreciate cheating, swindling, or dirty tricks and condemns those that use them. Similarly, he finds arrogance detestable and recognizes that all groups of people, regardless of race, are equal. Unfortunately, due to the common belief by the High Elves that they are superior to all, Gryphon doesn't much get along with them. Another of Gryphon's strongest attributes is acceptance, of both people and of whatever situation he is. He wouldn't ask anyone to change for him and expects the same for others. In respect to accepting the situation, by that he accepts that there is no reason to sulk on his current situation, but instead figure a way out of it. This makes Gryphon a progressive thinker.

Gryphon hates large crowds, the collection of pungent bodies and raucous noises upsets his heightened senses. His hatred of crowds also most likely extends from his acute claustrophobia. Gryphon is also inept with most modern technology, he is especially perplexed by guns and hates the sound they make. 

Gryphon is extremely protective of his personal possessions and those that are close to them. If either is greatly threatened, Gryphon loses all sense of reason and will protect the item or person of interest at all costs.

Despite the negative effect that religion has had Gryphon's life, he still prays in secret while openly denouncing the religion. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance]

vimntd.jpg

Gryphon stands at a decent height of 6'2" and sports a wonderfully fit, muscular form. His in shape body and sun-tanned appearance are a result of spending much of his life living in the wilderness. Around his neck, Gryphon wears a necklace crafted from a simple leather cord that is adorned with a single silver bead and a smooth, polished arrowhead. Inscribed upon the arrowhead is the ancient, Elvish character for 'beast' or 'animal'. On his wrists, Gryphon wears a pair of golden cuffs, crafted by a dwarven smith. On his right pectoral is a tattoo in Elvish script of his own name and on his right shoulder there is a tattoo of an ancient Orcish character that means both 'moon' and 'compassion'. Located beneath the leather band fastened around his right bicep is his final tattoo, again in Elvish script, spelling out the name Damian Malik.

Gryphon is almost always shirtless, this fact made sense by his magical ability and later explained in the application. He wears a pair of leather pants fastened with various pockets and niches for his weapons and money. Sheathed in his belt is a pair of daggers.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

Gryphon is from Alexandria a small farming town that is inconveniently located in an area where very little growing occurs. Despite the circumstances, he and his thirteen brothers(only 3 of which from the same mother as Gryphon) worked alongside their single father as they prepped, seeded, nurtured, and harvested the land. It was a tiring existence, but a rewarding one. For the majority of his life, Gryphon could only picture growing up as a farmer and staying in Alexandria. Even after the Empyrean Project collapsed and most of the world was left to ruin and refugees began to pile into the province of Cornucopia, Gryphon was content to continue the cycle that his great-grandfather had started decades ago. 

It should be noted that religion was very important in Gryphon's household. Obviously with having thirteen brothers, Gryphon's father got around quite a lot in his younger years, however; he repented from such a lifestyle after going through a mid-life crisis and turned to the church for redemption. So every morning, after eating a hardy breakfast of freshly laid eggs and that weeks slaughtered meat, he would go with the rest of his family to pray at the chapel. Gryphon himself never put much stock into religion, but he saw how important it was to his father, so he made an effort to follow the religion.

Unfortunately, there was a problem with that plan. At the age of 19, Gryphon began to fall for someone that lived in the town of Alexandria. A man by the name of Kallen Sloan. Gryphon tried hard to ignore these feelings, for according to the dominant religion homosexuality was seen as just as much an abomination as the unclean Beastkin that came as a product of the Empyrean Project. However, soon both Gryphon and Kallen gave into their feelings for one another and started a secret relationship.

For a time, their secret stayed hidden. They managed to avoid all suspicion and by the age of 21, it didn't appear that anyone was aware of their coupling. It seems that when the element of danger was taken away though, the two got sloppy. Having snuck out in the middle of the night, the two were taking a midnight stroll around a nearby pond. Caught up in the romantic moment cast by the light of the full moon, the two passionately kissed each other, unaware that a fellow townsman was out on a nighttime fishing trip and could plainly see them.

The next morning, the majority of the religious community confronted Gryphon and Kallen about it. Attempting to save himself, Kallen began spouting lies about how Gryphon had threatened and tricked him through the use of dark magic. Which of course only made the religious community even more prejudice against Gryphon. 

Blinded by their anger, the religious townspeople formed a mob, his father and brothers included, and stripped Gryphon down and hung him up in a nearby field like scarecrow. Gryphon was powerless to this treatment and remained in the field for three days, all the while townspeople would walk by and throw rotten food at his him or spit on his bare body. Gryphon was humiliated and tortured, but worst of all he was broken. His first love had betrayed him, turned not only the town against him, but his own family. It was for that reason that he never asked to be let down, he never tried to convince them of repentance. He refused to show them weakness, he refused to submit to Kallen's cruelty.

It was on the third night in being strung up in the field that a wolf's howl woke Gryphon from his troubled sleep. Defenseless in the field, Gryphon's body tensed up as the sounds of the beast grew nearer. The darkness of night concealed the animal, and it was not until the wolf was directly below Gryphon that he saw the monstrosity.

It was huge, the biggest wolf that Gryphon had ever seen. It was as large as any bear and has much muscle to match. Its fur was an ebony black and its fangs shone like ivory in the light of the waxing moon. Its yellow eyes fixed themselves on Gryphon's, who was too terrified to shout for help. It was not like any was going to come anyway. Gryphon closed his eyes and waited for the beast to kill him or leave him be. He wasn't sure which he preferred.

Strangely, neither happened. Eyes still closed, Gryphon did not see the monstrous wolf transform into a man. The man drew a knife from his belt and cut the bonds that held Gryphon, causing him to fall to the ground before he realized what was happening. 

"Wha-" Gryphon began, but the man hushed him. Signaling for silence, the man led Gryphon away from the town and the two made their way down the road that exited the town. Leaving the road behind, the two crossed a stretched of hard-packed earth, cracks littering its landscape, brought about by the sun's relentlessness, before finally arriving at the edge of the Abkhazia forest. Having made the trip in near silence, the man finally spoke. 

"Either enter as a member of the Pack or take your leave." Having heard rumors of groups therianthropes, Beastkin, and Skin-Walkers coming together in the forests, Gryphon suspected he knew what the man meant. It was then that Gryphon found his true family.

Welcomed among the pack of wild people, it was there that Gryphon learned his magic, earning the title of Beast-Mage. Vouched for by the werewolf, Theren Egade, that rescued him, he was able to gain respect amongst the Pack members and earned his way to be the right-hand man of the leader of the Pack, a wereserpent by the name of Ocatnarto Adlock.

During one of his patrols of the Pack's territory, he came across an unfamiliar scent. Now, recently, the Pack had been having trouble with a nearby group of angry druids that believed the Pack was too close to their grove. So, naturally, Gryphon pounced on the intruder, only to find himself face to face with an obviously terrified human by the name of Damian Malik.

Damian was a student under the tutelage of Archmage Herodotus and had been sent into the forest to collect information on a rumored alchemy ingredient that the Wood Elves had recently discovered. However, he had lost his way in his travels, leading him into the Pack's territory. After his initial fright, he became intrigued with the Pack and their dynamic as well as their various forms of magic. More so, however; he became intrigued with Gryphon. 

When it came time for Damian to leave, he asked if Gryphon would accompany him, using Gryphon's first-hand knowledge of the primal society as an excuse, but in reality, he just didn't want to say good-bye. Gryphon agreed, and after saying good-bye to his adopted family, he left the wilderness to once again brave modern society. 

He lived with Damian in Herodotus' Land, earning his keep by writing down all he knew about the obscure woodland magics that he had observed in his time with the Pack. Before long, Damian and Gryphon became an official couple, and while Gryphon was prepared to no longer hide who he was, Damian was afraid of what others would think. So, the two declared that they were cousins, bringing silence to the rumors that had sprung up when Damian had returned from his trip with Gryphon.

Recently, Damian has been assigned to study a place called the 'Quester's Rest', an inn in the city of Hamson. Herodotus has heard whispering about something big going on there and wants one of his students to be around in the even that something does happen. Obviously, this means that Gryphon has accompanied Damian and the two have been staying at the inn for the last few weeks. 

[/spoiler]

Combat Information:

[spoiler=Equipment]

Fang and Claw: The two daggers sheathed at his side, one is larger than the other, bordering on the length of a short sword or scimitar. There is nothing particularly special about the blades, but they are sturdy and sharp. They'll get the job done.

Empathy Charm: The necklace around his neck is actually a charm that allows him to communicate with non-sentient beings, particularly beasts and animals. It does not allow him to talk, per say, but it does allow him to convey and perceive basic communications. It was given to him by the tribal shaman of his Pack as a parting gift.

Valon: I hate to list this little guy as a piece of equipment, but it is where he best fits I suppose. Valon is a male ferret that Gryphon has established a close bond with. Valon is a constant companion and rarely ever leaves Gryphon's side.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Inventory]

Blue & White Mana Crystals: Carried in the various pockets of Gryphon's pants, he carries a large number of blue and white mana crystals. He is always careful to restock these when visiting a town or village. 

Money: Gryphon has 56 silvers, and 23 coppers

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Attacks/Techniques]

Gryphon is primarily a melee fighter with a range of transformation spells at his disposal. Using his daggers in tandem with his animalistic adaptations, Gryphon becomes a versatile opponent. Speed and agility are the basis of Gryphon's attack patterns, completely forgoing armor and the majority of clothing so as to better allow him to move about deftly and quickly. Of course, this opens up Gryphon to a variety of weaknesses, chief among them is his lack of defense. Open to both offensive magic and weapons, Gryphon must take great care to avoid as much damage as possible. 

Primal Adaptation Magic: A form of self-transformation magic, similar to therianthropy or Skin-Walking Magic, Gryphon is able to temporarily transform his body to take on an animalistic adaptation, for example claws or wings. This form of magic is extremely temperamental and great care must be taken with it. If given too much mana, these spells could fully transform Gryphon into the animal he is trying to emulate, leading to a possibly permanent transformation or a therianthropic event. To better control this power, Gryphon usually consumes a blue mana crystal to give himself the boost he needs to start the transformation, followed by the consumption of a white mana crystal to keep the transformation in check. Gryphon is able to perform the magic without either, and will if the situation demands, but much prefers to be more safe than sorry.

Beast Link: By physically touching an animal, Gryphon is able to see through their eyes and experience the world via their senses. In addition, he gains minor control of their body, directing where the animal goes and whatnot. While performing this magic, his own body is left relatively defenseless as his movement is impaired and he is unable to use other forms of magic until his full consciousness returns to his own body. 

Healing Magic: Learnt in order to better safe-guard himself, Gryphon is able to cast simple healing spells.

Heightened Senses: Upon induction into the Pack, a ceremony was performed that gave Gryphon the senses of a wild animal, thus his hearing, smell, and sight are acutely heightened. He also has decent night vision as a result. 

[/spoiler]

Other Information:

The only form of meat that Gryphon will eat is fish.

Gryphon's last name, Grendell, is derived from the beast, Grendel, that is featured in Beowulf. His first name is a bastardization of the mythical creature, Griffin. 

[/spoiler]

Added one bit to the Attacks/Techniques portion. Forgot to include it when originally making the application. 

Heads up, I am here, and I am reviewing le apps. Bear with me.

Aix:

Peronal Info:

A serious person it quite necessary out of this rag-tag bunch. Level-headedness is a trait well desired. Not only that, but a silver-tongued seducer is a useful tool for the later events for the RP. It is surprising how very in depth you've made the character, I greatly enjoyed reading the diverse and well written personality Selisen has. Needless to say, though, he's the first character I've read with a reason deep down to join the company, so big props on that.

His appearance is exactly what you promised, a Drow Trap. Needless to say an exceptionally beautiful one. Though the Black Mana Crystal Ear rings are very interesting, and I am looking forward to see where they go. They seem quite like the Chekov's Gun.

The backstory is pretty interesting, very in bound with Drow culture. Very well written and executed. A revolutionary drow in exile will be a pretty perfect addition to the team.

Combat Info:
The Chainmail is fine, but do keep in mind that it is only chainmail, and in stark contrast to plate armour it isn't going to last very well. Nerf it slightly - I'd suggest regarding heavy blows. I am glad, though, that you've also noticed my recurring theme of stating that his attire should be in equipment. Thanks for noting it. A nice choice in weapon, mind you.

His inventory, regarding the ripping off on Gold Coins - Gold Coins aren't anything to laugh at by any means. He's actually very wealthy.

I am perfectly happy with the assassin based moveset, and the seduction isn't something commonly seen, so I like it.
Other Info:
A very fitting theme, much appreciated.

Read over this, tell me if you want to or not make changes, and we'll see where we go from there.

I'm up to any suggestions for change. Yeah, I just assumed you were using the Forgotten Realms drow culture when you said it was matriarchal, so I just imagined that while writing it up. Alright, I'll nerf the chainmail, it's supposed to be really light after all, and again I was thinking of Forgotten Realms where their chainmail is enchanted to be light but extremely powerful, and there's no enchanting in this RP, is there. Hm, I'll lower the Gold Coins, maybe to 5 or 4, then because I want him to have a few more pieces yet to sell.

Archived