Elly,

Peronal Info:
You've met all the criteria up to personality with flying colours.

A very interesting choice of character, the child prodigy mage. I also like the fact you've played her a straight mage, which adds to the company's repertoire. needless to say, she's a shrinking violet, yet you've kept that reasoning close to your chest, meaning we'll have to uncover it in the RP, I hope! I do like how you're shoving your character into the lore too, and you (alongside Renegade) have made a brilliant opportunity upon the encountering of Herodotus in game. I like her a lot.

Her appearance is very familiar, but nonetheless pretty perfect. Her ruby eyes are a very curious feature. I also adore her working attire, very much so. Very cutesy, which I assume is the vibe she's supposedly to give off. Make sure that you mention, though, which outfit she's wearing in the equipment spoiler and which is spare in her inventory.

Also, adore how she's working at the Quester's rest.

Combat Info:
For such a young mage to have such a powerful Grimoire...a Legendary Grimoire nonetheless. Do you see my cause for concern? Everything else is really cool and all, but for her to wield such a powerful artefact is a cause for concern. If you'd like to explain its origins to me via PM I reckon it'll be okay.

His inventory, meanwhile, is pretty accurate. Good job.

I don't need to discuss her abilities, they're all accurate to the adept mage you've portrayed Daphne to be. They all seem balanced and checked, so do not fret about it.

Other Info:
A very interesting origin story behind her name that of her gear, pretty damn fitting if I dare say. Good job with the loreful resources.

An additional note, it seems for some reason the second page has crashed and will not load. I am not sure if it can or will be fixed, but it would be best to move applications to earlier posts on page 1 or 3 for the time being, if possible.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not surprised you recognize it, I used this image and character in Drakenguard ^.^ I loved playing her so much I decided to use her again here.

I'll PM you the Grimoire's origins, and if you like her own, as it's also heavily tied within the lore. If you don't approve i'll downgrade it to a regular Grimoire, since its her main form of focusing magic without crystals.

The work outfit is only worn while she's at Quester's Rest so I guess that'd be the spare outfit.

Everyone, I need you to either post or change an earlier post to your applications, if your apps were on page 2.

It seems it is unable to fix the issue.

...well unless they are able to fix the issue, Atralina is lost to the interweb. That sucks!

.-.

At least its saved via PM....

Personal Information
Character Name: Kaitlin Silvanas
Race: Wood Elf
Sex: Female
[spoiler=Personality]
Kaitlin is an intelligent woman, and she has no problem letting others know. She will constantly display her dismay for 'stupid' questions, even calling the speaker an idiot out loud. Other than the arrogance, she is sarcastic and blunt. Kaitlin does not give a damn if she hurts someones feelings, so long as they see things her way. In that manner, she is persuasive. Although she is irritable and snarky, she has the capability of being kind. However, the closest she usually gets to kindness is respect. She sees herself and a few others as supreme to the rest. Like previously stated, she has no problems making others known they are idiots. Kaitlin is frequently described as an 'unlikable b****' or something else vulgar along those lines, yet any form of insult is met with one of two responses; A solid backlash with that dagger sharp tongue of hers, or more likely, she would plain out ignore them.

Kaitlin doesn't play well with others that haven't earned her respect, so to say she doesn't play well with 90% of the world. In combat, she will criticize any and all mistakes made by those working alongside her, as long as attempt to upstage them. She will even go a step further to humiliate them, as if to show the others in the place she is above them. So to speak, even in combat she is arrogant. As far as she is concerned, those that aren't worthy of her presence should not be allowed near her. Kaitlin also has no problems killing. 

Any 'enemy' she faces in combat is also subject to her sharp tongue. One would be able to infer she treats 'allies' just like she treats enemies. She jeers at them, taunts them, and grazes them intentionally, all from as far back as possible. She is simply aggravating. If she is required to face off against one of equal strength or stronger, her snarky nature vanshes, leaving something possibly scarier. At this time she becomes silent and calculating. She no longer taunts, but instead she goes into an unbreakable focus and deadly precision. Like most, she fears death, and will take any measure to avoid it, even if it means swallowing her pride.

Although she is notorious for her proud and irritable nature, Kaitlin is great around strong political figures. Her striking beauty and intelligence allow her to get along with them. She also has no problem dropping morals for her goals. She will play around with hormones to get her viewpoint enforced by others. She also knows how to keep men silent. Kaitlin has a talent for getting her way, fair means or fowl. This isn't going to say she is a prostitute, so to speak. She will not sleep with every man just for one reason. That trick is saved for important and life changing tricks. Usually her intellect is enough to get people to see things from her point of view. She is a master of debate, and a snarky jerk

Kaitlin was once a kind spirited wood elf. She danced in the fields, loved nature. She was a complete opposite as she is now. Now that the world is pretty much ruined, Kaitlin has become a cold, sarcastic jerk. SHe severed ties to the other survivors she knew and became an introvert around her kind. She is still cold to other elves, and takes more interest in human polotics, mainly to prevent another disaster.[/spoiler][spoiler=Appearance:]9407791.jpg.jpgKaitlin's hair is brown, and she wields a rifle instead of a bow. She stands at 6'3.
[/spoiler]

Combat Information
[spoiler=Equipment:]Kaitlin wields an 'advanced' rifle. It runs off gunpowder and is considered an 'advances piece.' It has three scopes, however two of them are folded down, popping up when she calibrates her rifle. It is a silver gun, with a wood handle. It has a small recoil upon fire, but it isn't enough to be noticable to her anymore. Its long, slender barrel is quite frail, but it still looks like a new weapon as she takes care of it as if it were a child. The gun only has one noticable trait, and that is to calibrate itself. While preparing this, the other two scopes will be unlocked and can be pushed up.  (Note the gun is simple. It has no rapid fire, takes a while to reload, and it just when guns were starting to be invented.)

Kaitlin wears fine silk clothes, hand woven and traditional to her people. She has an average length dress, light gloves, and a pair of boots. She keeps limber and weightless as possible for maximum maneuverability.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Inventory:]She has a simple pack of gunpowder, one by the gear on her belt loop. She knows how to make gunpowder, and she will at any chance she has to gather resources. Finally, she has a single match on her watch, as she has found gunpowder is quiet flammable.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Attacks/Technique(s)]
Kaitlin had no unique techniques, nor fancy magic. Her gun has a simple party trick. It can allow the other two scopes to pop up, and the barrel to extend. This process takes two seconds, and will draw a bullet from its storage(max of two bullets storage) They are unique, as they are larger and hit a lot harder. The gun in its current state fires the bullet fast, but comes with a cost. The recoil causes it to fly backwards. It usually causes her arms to go into the air with it. Once the bullet is fired, the target has about .3 seconds to find thick cover, or dodge.  Kaitlin has no response to people whom are able to close distance fast, and as a result, she is not prepared. She will use her rifle as a club if she must. However, she prefers to avoid this issue by just shooting them down before they can get in range.[/spoiler]

Other Information
Kaitlin has a Cockney British accent.
She is a classy woman and values her physical appearance almost as much as her intelligence.
It is rumered she came from the military, hence why she has access to the rifle. However, she has not denied or confirmed the rumors. She tends to leave them with a vague answer.
Lastly, her theme song is here

Right, let's see.

Fortunately, there's only one app that perished in Page 2. Unfortunately it was Renegade's, and the first accepted character.

We have quoted forms of Gryphon and Selisen fortunately, so we can work with those.

I've been mulling over this, but it is fine. We're fine, and we'll be able to continue.

Aix, Elly, make changes to your quoted apps on this page and repost them here.

Cherz, tidy up the spoilers and she's accepted.

Renegade, you're nothing short of an amazing writer - I will give you as much time as you need to finish your apps and we will start without Atralina's app, but be sure to make a replicate.

Going to also be very quick about this: Renegade, Gryphon rocks so he's accepted. Hotaru, you know she's accepted since you and I worked on the app in PM.

Let's rekindle Eldritch's flames. I ain't letting a stupid glitch spit on these fantastic characters.

[spoiler=Atralina "Mephala" Laraethoth]

Personal Information:

Character Name: Atralina "Mephala" Laraethoth

Race: Beastkin (previously High Elf)

Sex: Female

[spoiler=Personality]

You know that stupid generalization about how all High Elves are stuck-up and arrogant? Well, that fits Atralina to a T! Always taught that she was the best as a young girl, why would she stop believing that now? As Atralina has grown older, the lie that she was superior to not only other races, but also other High Elves stuck with her. She considers everyone else below her in everything she does. 

Chief among the attributes that Atralina believes she excels at, is beauty. Once upon a time, that was actually almost true. Atralina, before the collapse of the Empyrean Project, really was quite a sight to see. She had many suitors and envious onlookers. However, since her Beastkin transformation, it appears that most of those suitors have jumped ship, but Atralina is apparently oblivious to this. Still considering herself to be the fairest of them all, Atralina still considers that any attention given to her, no matter how small, is a play for her favor and an attempt to flirt with her. Also incredibly vain, Atralina is constantly checking her own appearance. 

In terms of battle, Atralina rarely partakes in conflict. Now, this isn't because she believes herself inferior to other warriors. Remember, she has been taught that she was and is the best at everything. No, instead, her aversion to entering conflict is solely based upon the opinion that petty squabbles are below her attention. The only exception she makes to this, is when she is directly insulted or struck. Both of these anger Atralina beyond belief, often sending her into a berserker frenzy. It should be noted that Atralina is not the worst combatant, in fact she is actually a decent swordswoman, but often times she throws away finesse and form.

When it comes to relationships with others, Atralina is severely lacking in any social grace. She immediately assumes that people will fan and fawn over her for no reason at all. Furthermore, she thinks that anyone around her is more or less a servant for her to order around.

Secretly, Atralina knows that she is no longer a stunning beauty, but she refuses to admit that to herself. It is for that reason that she had completely devoted herself to the character she has created known as Mephala. If she faces the truth, it is more than likely that she will break down. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance]

Shivarra.jpg

Atralina stands at a towering height of 6'11". Before her Beastkin transformation, Atralina only stood at 6'4", fairly average for elvish standards, but since the collapse of the Empyrean Project, she has grown dramatically. She has also gained a considerable amount of muscle, nearly all of her body fat has melted away revealing a brutish physique. Again, this is all due to the Empyrean Project and not actually from her own hard work. This occasionally causes her to misjudge her own motions and strength. The Beastkin transformation accentuated much Atralina's sharp characteristics, making her appearance unsettling striking, and that is without the application of extra arms. Similarly, Atralina's teeth have elongated into sharp fangs and gained a permanent yellowed appearance. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

Before the mass migration to Cornucopia, and before Atralina's Beastkin transformation, Atralina belonged to the royal family of Laraethoth. They were not mighty kings of a vast land, but instead ruled as barons in their little pocket of the world. This caused Atralina to be a spoiled young princess, accustomed to getting whatever she wanted. In addition to that, throughout her childhood Atralina was surrounded by servants that constantly assured her of her greatness. This is what established the extreme superiority complex that runs rampant in Atralina's personality. As a noblewoman, Atralina was trained in the art of the sword and in magic. She showed promise in both, but her infatuation with her own stature often got in the way of practice and study.

The collapse of the Empyrean Project led to a collapse of life as Atralina knew. Having been mutated by the intense magical energy that swept across the world, Atralina's once soft and alluring appearance became much more akin to that of an insect than of an elf. Her new appearance created a wedge between her and most of her associates. Worse, her status as an abomination led her family to delivering Atralina an offer. In return for most of the family's wealth, Atralina was to sever all ties from them in an attempt to salvage the family name. Blinded by her greed, Atralina took the offer and changed her name to Mephala. 

In Cornucopia, Mephala took up residence in Leon initially. Amongst the other Beastkin, Mephala was still considered quite a beauty, attracting a small pool of followers with both her looks and her money. From that, she was able to create a money lending service that quickly ensnared the residence of Leon and brought them into her debt. For a while, Mephala was one of the more powerful individuals in Leon. However, as she continued to expand her business, more and more of the populous began to side against the spider-like woman. 

Before long, an old army veteran stood up against Mephala's corruption. Challenging her to a duel, the veteran quickly defeated her, functionally ending any control she had over the city. Forced to leave, Mephala now poses as a traveling noble. Though, recently she has taken up a short residence at a small inn known as the Quester's Rest. Normally, she wouldn't stay for as long as she has, but there has been talk of someone in search of an adventuring party. A promise of a quest that would bring anyone involved more fame than they could ever imagine. Mephala would never pass up an opportunity like this. 

[/spoiler]

Combat Information:

[spoiler=Equipment]

Modified Elvish Armor: Mephala wears pieces of elvish plate armor that have been modified for her physique. Of course, as the self-centered, shallow person that she is, Mephala has had the armor modified to show off more of her body than necessary. This ultimately compromises function for form. 

Elvish Forged Swords(x6): Forged from the ancient elvish techniques, Mephala carries six sturdy swords, arranged in a star like pattern on her back. The swords are otherwise unremarkable, but deadly in Mephala's hands. 

Family Heirloom: Mephala wears a short pendant underneath her armor, that connects her to the Laraethoth family. Among the High Elves it is an easily recognizable crest and gives Mephala a lot of leverage among the elvish people...unfortunately, under the deal she has with her family, Mephala isn't even able to own such an item...let alone use it. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Inventory]

Adventurer's Chest: Mephala carries around a chest filled with her possessions. I should remedy that statement by saying that her four gnome servants carry around the massive chest. Inside the chest are various changes of clothes, most of which are very luxurious and expensive, some non-perishable food items, Mephala's massive luxury tent should the group need to stop in the wild, various plates, goblets, and the like, and of course the sum of Mephala's wealth.

Gnome Servants: Having chased off most of her other help, Mephala has employed four gnomes to be her entourage. They rarely say anything comprehensible, but are often seen speaking gibberish between one another and giggling hysterically. They do not engage in battle, in fact any time that the going becomes difficult they seemingly disappear, only to again reappear at Mephala's side when things are a bit more manageable. 

Money: Mephala has 137 gold coins, 897 silver coins, and 2786 bronze coins.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Attacks/Techniques]

In battle, Mephala is quite the barbarian. Making use of her surplus of appendages, she tends to overwhelm her opponents with brute force and excessive sword strikes. If she thinks about it, Mephala may make use of her limited magical abilities, however; she is much more likely to hack an opponent apart than take them down with a well placed spell. 

Berserker Style: Forgoing most forms of swordplay, Mephala prefers to overwhelm opponents instead of outmaneuvering them. For a swordswoman that is usually a hard feat to pull off, but with six muscled arms and six sharp swords at her disposal, Mephala rarely has that problem. 

Six-Sword Style: If Mephala finds that her usual approach to battle is ineffective, she switches to a more strategic battle style. Through the use of her six arms, she uses the two center appendages defensively and the outside four to throw out quick stabs and slashes. This style is not polished or refined, often leaving Mephala to screw something up or drop her guard. That is the main reason this is largely her secondary technique.

Poison Magic: Prior to the collapse of the Empyrean Project, Mephala had a wide range of spells and magic open to her, but since her transformation she hasn't been able to pull off the same magic as she once could. Her Poison Magic consists mostly of venomous bursts of energy that afflict the target with a painful poison. The poison is not overall fatal, but enough of it could prove so. 

Insect/Arachnid Magic: In addition to her Poison Magic, Mephala has a unique form of magic that copies the abilities of insects and arachnids. Some of these include summoning a swarm of insects to her command or weaving net out of magically conjured web. 

[/spoiler]

Other Information:

The name Atralina belonged to Mephala's grandmother

The name 'Mephala' is that of an ancient Elvish goddess that was thought to be the holder of fate and destiny, akin to the three Fates in Greek Mythology

Once a beautiful singer, Mephala's vocal cords have changed drastically due to Beastkin transformation. Now a ghastly songstress, Mephala seems not to have noticed the change and still sings her heart out. Similarly, her normal voice contains a raspy, rattling tone. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Selisen]Personal Information
Character Name: Selisen Myorthal
Race: Drow
Sex: Male
[spoiler=Personality:]Selisen Myorthal is a very serious and prideful person, and utterly unable to take a joke. His social skills are greatly unrefined and he is serious difficulty interpreting others' words or feelings, though the one thing he does know how to do is how to seduce someone and generate idle bedroom talk, a skill he despises using. Understandably for someone of his background, he greatly hates being discriminated against, for his age, for his appearance, for his gender or for his race, and is a friend of all who suffer from being looked down upon. He is incredibly sincere and holds tight onto his ideals and morals, this stringent nature is backed by a rather fiery temper that, once unleashed, little can be done about. Although still quite young for a drow, he has decided to dedicate his life to be a revolutionary and sometimes boasts of the things he will someday do, such as create a utopian system where everyone is equal, and he has began slowly outlining a new system he calls "democracy".

Raised as an assassin, Selisen has few problems killing to achieve his goals, even innocent civilians, provided there is sufficient reason which he could justify his actions with. When sacrifices are made, however, he tries to push away any memories of the kill and forget about it due to the fact that he is really too weak to deal with the consequences of his deeds. In this way, he may come off as cruel or apathetic to others who don't understand him, but he is quite a kind individual with a strong sense of justice.

He has had few friends as of yet, but this deprivation has only made him value all the more any friends he will make. Though his comrades will find him awkward, he is a very reliable and trustworthy companion to have.

Selisen is undeniable attracted to beautiful things, despite claiming to value practicality above all, and when nobody is looking he'll buy new pieces of jewellery for himself. He also cares greatly about his personal appearance and has come to terms with the fact that he looks like a girl.[/spoiler][spoiler=Appearance:]Ninety-nine percent of people will mistake Selisen for a flat-chested girl of moderate height at 165 cm, and a very beautiful one at that. His skin is a dark silver, lighter than most drow, and its smoothness is the envy of all women. He is very sleekly, though powerfully built, like a cheetah, and with thin shoulders and slender limbs, giving him a feminine build. Most effeminate of all, though, are his soft, delicate features that are utterly unsuited to his solemn demeanour and gives Selisen the appearance of a mildly upset young elven maiden, perhaps going through troubles of the heart and nothing like the serious troubles that plague him.

His hair is a blinding platinum colour, and he wears it loosely tied together at the back with a piece of twine and cut at the front so not to obstruct his vision. Of his jewellery, notable and constantly worn are his silver earrings each adorned with a small black mana crystal, the thin necklace chains that loop around his collar, and the two rings he wears on his right hand. In terms of clothing, Selisen dresses almost exclusively in black. Beneath a large black hooded cloak, he wears a loose black tunic with a silver trim, made of rather cheap silk but with exquisite designs, tied tightly at his waste by a black silken sash, and black silk pants as well as black leather boots with a steel toed tip.[/spoiler][spoiler=Backstory]Selisen was born into a lowly noble drow House as only son with three elder sisters. As a male, he was treated as a mere slave, a tool for assassination trained from a young age, but even among his fellow males he found no camaraderie due to his feminine appearance. He was then elevated far beyond his status when his beauty caught the eye of the youngest daughter of the Queen of the Night, who was bisexual. He was then caught up in her plots to assassinate her family for the sake of taking the throne herself and reforming the society of drow. Their plans utterly failed unfortunately, and to save herself, the princess had to incriminate Selisen and lay all the blame upon him, but she gave preparations to allow him to escape while the rest of the group of assassins she had gathered were all silenced. Selisen left for the World Above and wandered selling his jewellery to survive until he found a nice place to stay at the Quester's Rest.[/spoiler]
Combat Information
[spoiler=Equipment:]Drow Chainmail: An exquisite piece of work of the highest quality only possible when commissioned by royalty for their favourite retainers. It is made of a very light but strong alloy with cloth to muffle any sounds. The chains are tightly knit together in order to turn sharp edges and points, but does little in the way of cushioning heavy blows.

Black Outfit: Almost purely black silk outfit that does well to meld into the shadows.

Black Cloak: A light hooded cloak that conceals his movements beneath it. It is erratically streaked with lighter and darker blacks and greys in order to break up his outline. In addition, it can be thrown off easily.

Vipers' Kiss: Dual stiletto blades, sheathed on his steel bracers. Meant to have poison, but Selisen currently carries none. Their design allows them to penetrate deep.

Steel bracers: Hidden under his tunic's loose sleeves, these steel bracers are extremely strong in order to block blows and hold the sheaths for his daggers.[/spoiler][spoiler=Inventory:]Mana Crystals: Selisen carries two Black Mana Crystals on his earrings.

Expensive Jewellery: Gifts from a drow princess. They are highly valuable.

Money: Currently in his possession are 4 Gold coins from getting quite ripped off by a jewellery merchant.[/spoiler][spoiler=Attacks/Technique(s):]Selisen is an assassin, specializing in the art of stealth and scaling walls and bypassing security. He's not a specialized fighter, but his fast reflexes and extreme agility allow him to be at least relatively proficient in close range combat.

I am the Night:
Selisen can blend into the shadows and knows how to remain undetected. His footsteps make no sound except to the most acute listener, but he times his movements with his surroundings so that it can be passed off easily as just the wind or the like.

Stabbity Stab Stab:
As a stiletto wielder, the main offensive strike are extremely fast, well-placed stabs, multiple if possible, which can mean certain death when striking a vital organ or artery, or disablement when shearing through tendons. In addition to being able to jump out of nowhere due to stealth, Selisen's movements in close range combat are utterly fast and unexpected due to the fact that he can go from a standing position to a sudden lunge and strike enemies from farther than they would expect and he generally keeps a slow pace of combat where he can suddenly up the speed to overwhelm his enemy with numerous jabs. His main force of defence comes from simply dodging attacks or his bracers which are used to block sword strikes.

Art is an Explosion:
Selisen can channel and throw one of his crystals at his enemy where it will then cause a large fiery explosion.

Hey Sexy:
Selisen can take good advantage of his looks to distract his opponents. He can also put himself into vulnerable-seeming positions to draw out an opening.[/spoiler]
Other Information
Theme Song[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Damian Malik]

29kzvp5.jpg

"Adventure? Couldn't we...uh...just read a book instead?"

Personal Information:

Character Name: Damian Malik

Race: Human

Sex: Male

[spoiler=Personality]

Damian is very awkward and shy. He doesn't do well around people and instead prefers to spend his days reading books. His a studious individual and hasn't really adventured much outside the city. The few times he has often made him feel frightened and uncomfortable. He is not fond of braving the unknown and would much rather read someone else's account of the event. It is pretty well established that Damian would much rather spend his time indoors than out and reading adventures than having his own.

Damian is incredibly interested in all things arcane. Spending countless hours pouring over hundreds of tomes and reports. As a result his has become quite knowledgeable in not only most magics, but also the arts of Mana Crystal crafting, alchemy, history, and zoology. He is incredibly intelligent, but doesn't really know how to apply that intelligence. His general fear of being around people often leads him to forget his own knowledge and he has to be directly asked a question for him to recall information he has on the subject. 

In terms of fighting, Damian really isn't much of a combatant. He would much rather resolve things diplomatically than through fisticuffs. If he isn't able to talk his way out of a fight, Damian prefers to be much more evasive and look for an opening to make a break for it instead of taking an opponent down.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance]

ic5tms.png

Damian stands at a slightly short stature of 5'6", and while he is unfit, he could definitely stand to do a few push ups every now and again. His tanned appearance comes naturally as he doesn't like to spend time outside. When not in battle, Damian tends to wear a pair of reading glasses. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

Damian's earlier life is fairly uneventful. He took up an interest in the arcane arts and quickly learned that he was quite skilled. His parents moved the family to Pikebay Port so that Damian could enroll in one of the schools of magic. It became exceedingly apparent that Damian's aptitude was far above that of a normal human being and exemplary even when compared to an elf. This caught the attention of the powerful Archmage Herodotous whom accepted Damian under his tutelage. 

Enrolled in a private school of magic, found on the small outshoot of land near Pikebay Port, Damian finally was among peers of his own level. Now faced with a challenge, Damian's own magical abilities grew. He soaked up any and all information that was tossed his way and began combing through the shelves upon shelves of tomes kept in Herodotous' libraries. He began experimenting on his own, his thirst for knowledge seeming to be near unquenchable. 

Herodotous, of course, kept an eye on Damian and monitored his arcane experiments. When it came to the point that Damian was dabbling with forces too powerful for his inexperienced age, Herodotous was forced to action. However, instead of revoking access to the library or expelling him from school, he gave Damian an opportunity to do various chores for the Archmage himself. This was seen as quite an honor and Damian readily accepted.

It was during one of these chores, an exhibition into Forest Abkhazia, that he met an interesting Beast Mage by the name of Gryphon. Damian began to develop feelings for the man, but was afraid of his own emotions. However, he couldn't bring himself to leave Gryphon behind. So he invited him back to Herodotous' Land as a subject of study. Eventually, Damian confessed his feelings and the two became a couple, but Damian is wildly afraid that someone will find out. So, he has concocted the story that he and Gryphon are only cousins, hoping to squash any suspicions. But the secret is bound to come out eventually.

Recently, Damian has be tasked with investigating something that Herodotous saw in a recent vision. A powerful figure would lead a team to change the world. He has sent Damian to become a part of that team, although, the book loving, nerd isn't too keen on it.  

[/spoiler]

Combat Information:

[spoiler=Equipment]

Studded Leather Armor: Damian wears a piece of leather armor studded with bits of iron. It isn't much protection against powerful magical attacks or large weapons, but it is sturdy enough to block glancing knife and sword strikes and still offers enough maneuverability to keep up with his fighting style. 

Pocket Journal: Being the little nerd that he is, Damian carries a small journal and pencil to write down any thoughts that he has that are particularly provoking, or if he stumbles across a bit of information that he needs to write down, or anything of the like. Strangely, the journal never seems to run out of space. Weird.

Pocket Guide to the Arcane: NERD! Damian also carries a pocket sized book containing information about just about everything that has been discovered about magic. Despite its convenient size, it carries a large sum of information. Too much to be contained in such a small book.

​Collapsible Battle Staff: Damian carries a specialized weapon that shrinks into a baton sized weapon to carry on his belt, but can extend into a full length staff was a heavy, mace head. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Inventory]

Various Almanacs & Encyclopedias: Back at home, Damian has an impressive collection of books. In fact, he has enough books to comprise most of the current knowledge about anything and everything. Sad thing is, he has read most of them too. Did I mention he was a nerd?

Mana Crystals: Proficient in the art of crafting mana crystals, Damian carries around a few of each type. His resource is quickly depleted, but given the time, he can always just replace them.

Money: 3 gold coins, 32 silver coins, 47 bronze coins

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Attacks/Techniques]

Damian, I suppose, would be classified as a battle mage. He usually enters conflict from afar, whittling an opponent down with long ranged spells or protecting allies with defensive barriers. Should he need to get in close, Damian makes use of his specialty, teleportation magic. While a bit sketchy and not an overall reliable art, Damian has mastered it to some degree and is usually able to get the better of most melee opponents with his unpredictable movements. For the most part, Damian uses his staff as a medium for his spells. But remember, Damian would much rather talk his way out of a fight than enter one.

Battle Magic: This consists of your basic battle mage skills. Blasts of magical energy, disarming spells, barrier spells, and the like. For the most part, they are fairly weak and require little mana to be used. Damian is able to cast them in quick succession to add versatile support to the main hitters of the battle. 

Teleportation Magic: This is the form of magic that Damian prides himself on. Not many have been able to successful attempt even one teleportation spell, but Damian can do it with enough consistency to feel confident using it in battle. Teleportation magic is a bit unpredictable if rushed, so using it in the heat of battle sometimes produces results that are not overall ideal. For example, instead of teleporting himself away from danger, Damian could end up teleporting himself thirty feet up in the air. Most of the time, these errors include appearing a few feet off of the intended destination, but in a large scale battle a few feet could meet escape or a sword through the chest. Teleportation Magic can also be used to retrieve items of Damian's back at home. This branch of Teleportation Magic requires that Damian not only know the exact object he wishes, but also the exact place of said object. This more or less limits it to the items back at home. The toll of this magic varies, but as a rule of thumb these spells require the same amount of energy it would take to transport said object that distance. This applies to not only teleporting objects, but also himself and other people. 

Magical Affinity: If given a spell and direction, Damian is adept enough at the arcane arts to attempt the spell with a likely chance of pulling it off. Unfamiliar and complex spells are of course more time consuming, energy taxing, and concentration intensive than simple spells. 

Mana Crystal Crafting: Damian is adept at crafting Mana Crystals, he just needs the right materials and time to do it. 

Extensive Knowledge: Remember, he is a nerd. He has read countless of books and reports. You need to know something, he probably knows it.

[/spoiler]

Other Information:

Damian is gay, but has not revealed it to anyone...well except his boyfriend...Gryphon.

He is awkward and a clutz, prone to stuttering and tripping.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Daphne']
Personal Information
Character Name: Daphne Aerior
Sex: F

[spoiler='Personality']
Due to her fragile and doll-like appearance Daphne is often looked down upon by other magicians, and at first glance see her to be a helpless and inexperienced little girl who can do nothing but basic magic. Her timidity and shyness (almost to the point of fear) of strangers don’t help to dispel this idea either. The reality is far different though; Daphne is skilled magician who specializes in all-forms of magic. A very knowledgeable young woman it is not often she makes her skills known, and as such despite her great skill is known only to a select few in the magical social scene.

An apprentice of the Archmage Herodotus since a very young age she views him as a second father, and holds him in a high regard, as such is often at odds with members of the clergy and the church’s devout who think of Herodotus as a heretic, and blasphemer.  Though at odds is probably an improper word to use, as due to her timidness, and avoidance of confrontation. A pacifist by nature she would rather use healing and defensive spells in a fight, but should the need arise Daphne is no slouch in a fight, and will resort to deadly force if necessary. As both a scholar and a peacemaker Daphne plays a self-nominated role of diplomat always trying to find a non-violent solution to problems, rather than immediately resorting to aggression.

A very studious young woman Daphne is very smart, and enjoys putting the knowledge she has to use. Being very quiet has also let her learn a lot about people, and her ability have little presence in room, though often leaving Daphne unnoticed, she is always listening. Picking up all sorts of gossip that floats around the inn she’s very in the know, finding about the newest news from around the world from travelers who come to stay in Quester’s Rest.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Appearance']
[spoiler='Picture']QPOGSL1.jpg[/spoiler]
Daphne stands at a measly 4’7” weighing 98lbs. Her ceremonial knife is held by a leather strap to her leg under her dress. She wears white sandals that lace up to her ankles and stockings that go up to her mid-thigh. She also has a brown leather bag which she uses to carry around her grimoire, mana crystals, and any other important objects she might find along the way. Daphne also wears this while working at the Quester's Rest:  http://i.imgur.com/UH0bpLD.jpg
Alternate view: http://i.imgur.com/spusbgP.jpg [/spoiler]

Combat Information
[spoiler='Equipment']
Book of Aradia: A grimoire filled with spells useful for any magician, its magical properties make it a focal point for mana, which helps Daphne charge her spells, and increase her magical abilities beyond that of what would normally be the limit for a human. It was the last gift Daphne received from Herodotus before leaving his care. It seems to have some sort of special properties, though Daphne has no knowledge of them.

Medea’s Curse: A piece of jewelry attached to a black chocker. When Daphne’s blood touches the jewel she losses the ability to cast anything but offensive magic, though her offensive magic’s strength is greatly increased. The jewel when active also seems to have an effect on Daphne’s emotions though causing her to fight and act more aggressively and bold than she normally would be.

Staff: A staff that Daphne uses to channel mana through into her spells.

Ceremonial Knife: A knife that Daphne uses for spells that require her own blood. She can use it for fighting as well when using her body magic and enhancement magic.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Inventory']
40 Red Mana Crystals
10 Silvers
35 Coppers 
(Daphne is poor as all heck and works around the Quester’s Rest to pay her fair)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Attacks Techniques']

[spoiler='Magic']

Energy Magic: Daphne’s main form of combat. For the most part Daphne keeps her magic toned down unless the need arises, so this attack is hardly lethal. Manifesting as orbs of pure focused mana, Daphne use it in a various ways; ranging from quick bullets, to larger yet slower moving orbs, and even a combination of several types in complex patterns. Being composed of pure mana to a certain extent Daphne is aware at all times of the living things around her.

Barrier Creation: Daphne is able to use magic circles as a form of defense. Different circles will have different effects, though creating one after another is quite tiresome and requires huge amounts of concentration, and if Daphne exerts herself to much and casts to many barriers it will cause her to lose consciousness, or because of her weak heart there is an, albeit minimal, chance that she could die. Also should a barrier be broken it will cause Daphne physical pain, as well as stunning her physically and magically form a short period of time.

Enhancement Magic: Having been weak since birth Daphne practices body enhancing magic, which she can use on herself and others to enhance a certain physical aspect of themselves for a short period of time. Examples include increasing someone’s physical strength, eyesight, or reflex speed.

Healing Magic: A lover more than a fighter it is only natural that Daphne’s best magical abilities lay in healing magic. Ranging from being able to cure sicknesses to cuts and bruises, and even mortal wounds given enough time. The more complicated and injury or ailment is though the more concentration and time it takes to heal, during healing Daphne is also quite vulnerable to attack, as unless it a quick casting all of her attention must be devoted to the person she is healing. Her kind-hearted, yet at times naïve nature, will often cause her to help anybody should they ask for it.
[/spoiler] 

[spoiler='Notable Spells']
Physic Magic – Bounce: A magic circle forms beneath Daphne. It focuses a large amount of mana in a single area before releasing it all at once launching Daphne it the direction the circle is facing.  A relatively simple spell it requires hardly any effort on Daphne’s part and can be casted multiple times in quick succession without any repercussions, and can also be cast in midair. 

Dancing Dragon: Daphne summons a small tadpole-like energy formation, which will stay within 5 ft. of her. The “tail” like end of the summoned energy can be used to cut, and will work as an extension of Daphne’s own body moving to her mental commands.

Aeon Rain: Daphne summons multiple diamond shaped bullets of energy which fly out in a clockwise and counter clockwise pattern. Upon coming in contact with something the bullets will explode. Daphne is able to fire multiple volleys of this spell, but it has a small recharge time, though the more she uses this spell the less the longer the recharge must be in-between volleys. 

Faire’s Aire: A spell personally taught to her by Archmage Herodotus, it is extremely powerful, and extremely taxing. To initiate the spell Daphne drops a Mana Crystal soaked with her blood into the chalice like top of her staff. A large magic circle then appears beneath her, mana in the form of red mist like energy then begins to pour out of the top of her staff as well as overflowing out of the circle. Daphne is able to then control the mist, and convert it into energy which acts as a far more destructive version of her normal attacks. Again due to her weak physical state Daphne is only able to hold the spell together for about 5 minutes or so before she has to break the spell due to the physical exhaustion it causes.  Daphne will only use this spell in the most dire of situations due to the toll it takes on her body. (What the spell looks like when cast: http://i.imgur.com/0x1JdfD.jpg The outfit being worn is different, but pay that no mind)

Yggdrasil Roots: Several faint beams of green light shot from the top of Daphne's staff. Those within the radius of the beams will feel a surge of invigorating energy, and while it won't heal wounds it does lift tiredness and fatigue.
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Other Information:

• Daphne is the name of a nymph who was sought after by the God Apollo. She succeeded in getting away from him only by turning herself into a laurel bush, which is what this Daphne wears in her hair
  • Aradia and Medea are both names of sorceresses from mythology which ties into Daphne's magician motif.

[/spoiler]

It took a while, but I finally finished. Alright Kyng I've got 2 more apps on the way, along with that custom race. Those should be done in a more timely manner as I don't have as many projects breathing down my throat now.

Editted. I apologize for the long wait time though, I also apologize for not PMing you the origins as I said I would, so I'll just downgrade the grimoire.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/309509-eldritch/page-4#entry6421511

Alright, I think I have the essentials for this app down. Backstory still needs to be done, but I don't believe it necessary at the start of the RP. If you have any questions or concerns, obviously I can explain a bit further. Just wanted to get this done to be ready for the IC since it sounds like it may be going up soon. 

[spoiler=Ryne Clobbif]
34rzjf8.jpg
"I'm not the girl you want to piss off, so just keep walking.....Though he was pretty cute....I think I'm in love."
Personal Information
Character Name: Ryne Clobbif 
Sex: Female

[spoiler=Personality]
Being a person who was raised by orcs, Ryne isn't your typical human. For one she was raised just as any orc would be; a violent streak and an insatiable need to have sex with her male counterpart, with another helping of battle right afterwards. Despite this she does have the notion of a one true love. So she has yet to give herself to anyone. Like all women she has her type, and considering where she was raised her ideal is someone of the orc persuasion, just like her strong and capable father. Ryne is a hopeless romantic, easily falling into love and giving her all to see if that person is the one for her. Though if one were to see her, this would be the furthest thing from their minds. Ryne has a tendency of coming off rough, rude but oddly compassionate. However, she tends to cover this up with a string of insults, all the while blushing and still helping out others. She is a strong minded individual, and doesn't hesitate to speak her mind.

Ryne also isn't....Well the smartest person. As plenty stated, she was raised by orcs so her knowledge is pretty scares. Whether it be on everyday advancements, vocabulary or on proper table side etiquette. However, Ryne is more than will to learn, wishing to fit in with others outside of her hometown. When it comes to battling, Ryne loves nothing more than an honorable match. She dislikes unfair matches, and will not participate in them, preferring one-on-one type battles. However, if the terms of a two-on-one battle is agreed upon before the match then she wouldn't mind.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance:]GreatWarrior.jpg[/spoiler]

Combat Information
[spoiler=Equipment:]Thigh high white leather boots, Metal Breast plate, Black/white leather gloves and mid-drift covering, Red waist cloth, Hip holster for her whip[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Inventory:]
30 Red Mana Crystals
Whip
25 Green Mana Crystals
20 Silver 82 Copper
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Attacks/Technique(s):]
Whip proficiency
She is able to use her whip as an extension of her own arm. Her skill is even legendary back in her hometown, as she makes use of it in a beautiful deadly fashion. It is said that when she takes her whip out no one is spared. She is able to use the whip to grab onto things, and to latch onto poles and higher ledges. When she uses a red mana crystal her whip is imbued with magical energy that gives the leather whip the quality of steal. It also increase the length by a foot.

Flexibility
Ryne is able to command and move her body in very precise ways, and with her flexibility she can maneuver in ways people may not expect. Her flexibility allows her to duck, dodge and weave through obstacles and attacks easily.

Wind Manipulation
When consuming a green mana crystals it gives her the ability to control wind. This gives her a speed, and agility boost. Her wind manipulation also gives her a flight capabilities.

Wind Whip - She creates a whip in her free hand and uses it as either a dual wield, or if for some reason she doesn't have her real whip with her. It works just like her actual whip, however, she can alter the length of it by will and discharge wind sickles with it.

Whirlwind - By twirling either her wind whip, or real whip, she can create a whirlwind that expands from her outwards pushing everyone away from her, as well as slicing them with the razor winds. 
[/spoiler]

Other Information
Raised by Orcs
Doesn't eat spicy foods
[/spoiler]

We're always accepting, though you sure you'll be active? You know why I ask.

Regarding my post, and general etiquette - anyone who does not know Selisen's (Aix's drow trap) actual sex should refer to him as a she. Renegade's Mephala noticed it, and should do the opposite, however anyone who has yet to discover such should play their character's mind in turn of the player. Until they discover it, try refer to Selisen as a she should you even come about to it.

We've got a brilliant opportunity to get the introductions out of the way quick enough, as well as smaller interactions. While I am working on the next progression post I will do nice small little posts to keep some dialogue should your characters have them with Ajax or Alviss, and you'd want them to be discussed quickly rather than another huge post.

Renegade and Elly, your characters are known to Herodotus. I will be discussing with the pair of you what we can do with such. Well done for using the setting to your advantage =3

Any confusion please do run by me!

Archived