Businessman From the Underworld

spoderman

ALL CRITICISM IS ACCEPTED

oWeOgqW.jpg

Businessman From the Underworld

Level 3 / DARK

Zombie/Effect

ATK 1000 / DEF 0

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can target one Level 1 DARK Tuner monster in your Graveyard: Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. At the End Phase, if this effect was activated: all Synchro monsters on the field lose 500 ATK and DEF.

Cool card. Effect is awfully specific though; I thought it was going to be level 3 (or lower), to be more similar to tour guide.

On the other hand, there is a small OCG error. Please be consistent when writing one and 1; generally with cards, numbers are always written in their numbered form. Like this...

"When this card is Normal Summoned, you can target 1 Level 1 DARK Tuner monster in your Graveyard..."

Or, my personal preference would be to simply use "a" in this scenario.

"When this card is Normal Summoned, you can target a Level 1 DARK Tuner monster in your Graveyard..."

Cool card. Effect is awfully specific though; I thought it was going to be level 3 (or lower), to be more similar to tour guide.

On the other hand, there is a small OCG error. Please be consistent when writing one and 1; generally with cards, numbers are always written in their numbered form. Like this...

"When this card is Normal Summoned, you can target 1 Level 1 DARK Tuner monster in your Graveyard..."

Or, my personal preference would be to simply use "a" in this scenario.

"When this card is Normal Summoned, you can target a Level 1 DARK Tuner monster in your Graveyard..."

Thanks, I'll see about fixing that now. I didn't want it to become a ban-list monster, so that's why I made it specific. Imaging being able to bring out a level 6 synchro just by normal summoning this guy. I prefer to think of him as a walking Armory Arm machine, or maybe Balmung.

300px-DarkBugABPF-EN-R-1E.jpg

Not to mention that aside from Infernity Avenger and Unknown Synchron, all the DARK Level 1 Tuners suck (well, there's Vayu, but it can't be used as a Synchro Material with this card). There are also things like Deep Sea Diva who basically can Normal Summon a Level 5 Synchro Monster in this game, which makes this pretty outclassed, then there's the fact that any Synchro on the field at the end of the turn gets weakened by 500, which makes all your Level 4 or lower Synchros unable to stand up against Level 4 monsters. Oh, and @ "bringing out a Level 6 Synchro by Normal Summon": You have seen Crane Crane, correct?

Do with that what you will. But really, it is pretty weak when we have Diva, Crane, and even Dark Bug.

Not to mention that aside from Infernity Avenger and Unknown Synchron, all the DARK Level 1 Tuners suck (well, there's Vayu, but it can't be used as a Synchro Material with this card). There are also things like Deep Sea Diva who basically can Normal Summon a Level 5 Synchro Monster in this game, which makes this pretty outclassed, then there's the fact that any Synchro on the field at the end of the turn gets weakened by 500, which makes all your Level 4 or lower Synchros unable to stand up against Level 4 monsters. Oh, and @ "bringing out a Level 6 Synchro by Normal Summon": You have seen Crane Crane, correct?

Do with that what you will. But really, it is pretty weak when we have Diva, Crane, and even Dark Bug.

You make an excellent point. Thanks for the criticism. The more people point out card similarities/errors/weaknesses, the more efficiently I'll be able to make cards in the future. It could be my deep hatred of archetypes that can swarm with little to no drawbacks, but I hate making cards that seem TOO convenient for use. Either way, thanks

Archived