New Card Game 'Prophecy'

Rate this game  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Does this seem like a game you would play?

• Yes, MAKE IT RIGHT NOW!!!
    • Yeah, sure
    • No
    • Heck no!!!
    • Needs a little work, but maybe
    • Needs a lot of work, but maybe

So I've been working on a card game that I'd like to introduce to a TCG company such as Konami, Bandai, ect.; however I'd like to hear comments and suggestion before I even attempt my presentation. I will include below a few sample cards and try to explain the general concept of the game.

I designed the game 'Prophecy' to be fast paced, targeting an audience of peoples from ages 8+. The layout is basically full-out warfare. By this I mean that In order to win the game you either have to defeat your opponent's general  card or destroy every creature on the playing field. The creature has a set power number (0-25). Your General will be marked by a crown stamp and have +5 added to its power number.  When one creature strikes another with a lower power number, the struck creature is killed and sent to the discard pile. There are 5 card types right now (Dragons, Angels, Knights, Beast and Spirits) of 11 elements (Fire, water, thunder, wind, nature, earth, ice, metal, light, shadow and dreams).  But there may be more types and elements with different sets.  In fact I was thinking of making a set with types 'sin' and 'redemption' (no, i'm not religious, just thought of some good art I could make to go along with those elements).  On this type of creature its written in runes and in the more modern latin.  It reads "Dragus ab chalbys" or "Dragon of Steel".  And yes, I'd have a guide for that.

[Spoiler=Creature Card] dragonofsteel.jpg [/spoiler]

As you may have noticed on the top right, there are three strange looking symbols.  The are the sigils required to use option cards and spell cards. Creatures of different power numbers are given different amounts of sigils, but creature with numbers 1-15 are given three sigils.  After a sigil is used for a spell or option, II can no longer be used again.

[spoiler=Option Card] Abilityedited6.jpg [/spoiler]

Here is and option card.  It may require a single sigil or another requirement to use such as type or element.  It is temporary unless the option reads the word "skill".  Then if is attached to the particular creature that's using it.

Unlike spells, shown below; which require multiple sigils to use.  These may come from one or more creatures and don't even have to come from the creature(s) it may pertain to.

[spoiler=Spell Card] prophecyspell13.jpg [/spoiler]

And if you don't have the right sigils required to use a spell or option, then you may use a sigil card to attach to a creature and give it the shown sigil.

[spoiler=Sigil Card] sigil1.jpg [/spoiler]

Now I'm really going to tweak the concept of these a little more, but here is what I call a "Prphecy" card.  I basically sets up a limitation on what types of cards can be used after it is played.

[spoiler=Prophecy Card] prophecy2.jpg [/spoiler]

I have this and more displayed on other webpages that I can give to anyone else interested.  Please, tell me what you guys think.  All comments, thoughts and suggestions are welcome.  Thanks you!

BTW this is not an advertisement.  I'm only out to seek opinions and suggestions.

Looks really really nice. I like it. I see a lot of potential in this game. Maybe you can implement where certain types/elements are weak against another, (I.E. - Fire is weak to water or Dragon are weak to Knights) and they lose powers if they attack/get attacked by a type/element stronger than them. Also, the "Creature Cards" should shows which type/element it is.

Good luck with making this TCG.

Thanks!  I am actually in the process of putting a full deck online for ppl who'd like to try it out and making a how to play video on youtube :)

And I was actually thinking of a way to use that type advantage system, though I dont know weather to put it on the card itself or just add it to the set of rules.

Prophecy cards can be used at anytime throughout the game by either player; however there can only be one out at a time.  Because of this, if a prophecy card is used while another is still out, the new card takes its place.   

I was also thinking of making either a cost of power or creatures' live to play them so that they're not op'd.

Thanks!  I am actually in the process of putting a full deck online for ppl who'd like to try it out and making a how to play video on youtube :)

And I was actually thinking of a way to use that type advantage system, though I dont know weather to put it on the card itself or just add it to the set of rules.

I'm interested. If you get the chance to make the videos, please send me the link.

By the way - Funny thing is, I also thought of making a new card game.

I'm also looking for artists to help out with the creature design.  And I thought of four new elements: Dream, Nightmare, Sin, and Grace.

I'm not a bad drawer, lemme PM you a pic that I can draw (Tell me what you want me to draw). And maybe some of the elements can be sub-elements of other elements (I.E. Nightmare is sub-element to Dark.) So cards that affect Dark element monsters also affect Nightmare, but cards that specify only Nightmare, Nightmare is the only element affected.

• 2 weeks later...

The concept is interesting, though you should really flesh out in the first post how the turns and such go to help make sense of it all. Also, having 11 elements and 5 types may be a bit ambitious to start, especially considering they also have the different kinds of sigils, meaning that you probably won't even use up all your options for cards in a single set (disregarding the different attack numbers and sigils, you already have 55 combinations of creature cards, and you're planning to add 10 more. I'm not saying that you can't do this, but it is going to make it rather difficult to create themes while at the same time having a variety of unique cards. It's usually a good idea to start simple, then you can expand as time goes on.

The concept is interesting, though you should really flesh out in the first post how the turns and such go to help make sense of it all. Also, having 11 elements and 5 types may be a bit ambitious to start, especially considering they also have the different kinds of sigils, meaning that you probably won't even use up all your options for cards in a single set (disregarding the different attack numbers and sigils, you already have 55 combinations of creature cards, and you're planning to add 10 more. I'm not saying that you can't do this, but it is going to make it rather difficult to create themes while at the same time having a variety of unique cards. It's usually a good idea to start simple, then you can expand as time goes on.

I've been actually thinking about holding back on the unique card style lately too.  So I might just wait to see how the game starts out and make them 1 of a kind card special releases after the game takes off.  Thanks for the input ^^

Archived