[Sakura] Elemental HERO Dark Angel

Flash Flyer - Sakura

3lWPxO1.jpg

2 "Elemental HERO" monsters.
When this card is Fusion Summoned: Target up to 3 "Elemental HERO" monsters in your Graveyard; return those targets to the Deck; then draw 1 card. Once per turn, if an "Elemental HERO" monster you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can banish 1 "Elemental HERO" monster from your Graveyard instead.

So yeah, a Level 7 semi-Nomi "Elemental Hero" with generic materials.

(One of the problems I have with their Extra Deck monsters is that they're Nomi, so once they die/get banished, that's it for them)

For usage, given this card can banish heroes to protect against stuff like Mirror Force, RDA/Jeweled Red Demon's, Scrap Dragon, etc, you could probably use this in a combo with Shining or something. And also to recycle/replenish your hand to some degree.

Like the last HERO I posted a while back, this was an old idea from 2009 that I didn't post (or if I did, in a totally different form). As such, I've probably forgotten where I got the image from, but you may be able to search it out on your own. (If I do find it again, I'll link)

Anyway, CnC/fix OCG/love/hate/rate, etc.

(Standard reps will be given for good/constructive CnC and comments)

Small error with the use of a semi-colon after "Deck", should be a comma instead, like so:

When this card is Fusion Summoned: Target 3 "Elemental HERO" monsters in your Graveyard; return those targets to the Deck, then draw 2 cards. Once per turn, if an "Elemental HERO" monster you control would be destroyed by a card effect: You can banish 1 "Elemental HERO" in your Graveyard instead.

That aside, it's a nice card and while it is balanced, I personally wouldn't restrict it to exactly 3 HERO monsters. I would say "up to 3"? That would increase the usability of this card, but even without that restriction, it can still work fine since you'll have plenty of HEROs in the Graveyard usually.

I debated on making it "up to 3", but chose not to because of the stigma attached to cards that promote drawing (though it works like Fifth Hope/Avarice but returns only 3 cards). However, it'll work better with the "up to" part (you can pretty much recycle this card's Fusion Materials and re-draw). I'll acknowledge that you could just return 1 HERO and draw 2; but you'll want to keep some in the graveyard to fuel the 2nd effect (should you need to use it). This would probably be used mid/late-game.

But yeah, you'll have a fair amount of stuff in the Graveyard to return for its effect anyway in most cases.

Card art isn't canon with the HERO look, but that's not important since it's almost impossible to find an E-HERO look anywhere other than on the cards themselves.

I think this is a very balanced card considering its effects, e-heroes utilize the grave for Miracle Fusion and shuffling 3 potential materials (and boosts for escurialdo and etc) into the deck gives your opponent a fair chance, seeing as you get to Pot of Greed after Summoning. The fact that it gets no ATK boosts mixes well with the banishing save, and can help boost Shining's ATK for an end-of-game finisher. Very well thought out, and an excellent card, though I think you should find a better image for the card art. Here's one you can crop if you want:
http://images3.alphacoders.com/130/130015.jpg

http://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/823659-bigthumbnail.jpg

http://www.desktopwallpapers4.me/fantasy/warrior-angel-2983/#

Yeah, I did mention that it can combo with Shining (or if you have to, use Parallel World to use banished heroes).

But you are risking potential monsters for Miracle/Escuridao/Shining Flare and Enforcer (if anyone still uses them in this age) by returning them to the Deck; since you can't use Future Fusion b/c it's banned. It does work in situations where your Deck is getting low + needs to be replenished.

As for stats, those are around average for a Level 7 and they stay like that w/out external support.

But thanks for the comments (picture-wise, I'll keep the ones you linked in mind, though the one I have now was what I originally intended to use back then...hopefully Photobucket still has it somewhere)

Drawing 2 cards from the effect looks powerful. It's as if you had taken the best of both Diagusto Emeral and Pot of Avarice: You draw 2 cards, but you only need to return 3 to the Deck, or even less because of the "up to". I would reduce the drawing effect to 1 card only.

The rest looks fine. Also, an OCG fix for the last effect:

Once per turn, if an "Elemental HERO" monster you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can banish 1 "Elemental HERO" monster from your Graveyard instead.

These kind of protection effects should be continuous (as seen on Maestroke, Zenmaines, No. 101,etc.), hence the replacement of ":" with ",".

I had it originally at "exactly" 3 cards, that way you need to return a fair amount of HEROs to the Deck to draw something. For now, I'll return it back to that and cut the draw to 1 card. (As Strawberry mentioned earlier, you'll usually have enough HEROs in grave to use this effect)

Thanks for reviewing.

Archived