So yeah I decided to take a break from all my archetypes and quickly make a singular card for the sake of discussion. So here he is, the Divine Executioner.

4DVCt2V.jpg
Art Credit goes to taytay - Taken from Google Images

Lore: Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. When this monster is Normal Summoned; you can target 1 face up monster on the field; destroy it by battle. This monster cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

So I've deliberately made this card speculative so that he's open to discussion. Definately not for use in your standard affairs Spirit Deck but more for use in decks which require your own monsters to be destroyed by battle; (e.g. Lord Poison). While it may seem paradoxical that he destroys by battle through his effect, it keeps him different and creates versatile playmaking out of game while being justified in-universe as him literally cutting there head of before the targeted mosnter knows what's happening. The spirit side of him is a sort of nerf, sort of buff, making him renewable to use his effect but causing his use to be the normal summon for the turn. Plus he has a 1700ATK he'll never use so Bottomless Trap Hole can be a big problem; as would be the no Special Summons.

There are lots of potential nerfs for this guy, such as making him non-spirit but still not special summonable. Or making his effect mandatory so he can never attack and is a dead draw if he comes too early. But as he is I think it's fine due to the crazy stuff running around in-game these days.

Thoughts on a Card Effect that destroys by battle? Is it a welcome speed-boost to mystica tomato lovers or does it defeat the point of the set-card covert warfare? Thoughts below.

@above The card isn't meant to be intuitive or exciting or anything, that's what my archetypes are for. The card is designed to be more of a chance to explore the changes/possibilities a card like this would make.

For example, Mystic Tomato could see a lot more use with this card; although it is difficult to summon both on the same turn.

Also on advice I've added the Lore.

When I first read it I was confused and thought you had a typo somewhere, then I realized how unique it is and truly opens up for some combos. Really nice job. :D

Also the effect wording needs a little help.

Normal Summoned; you can target 1 face up monster -> Normal Summoned: You can target 1 face-up monster

This monster cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. -> This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

Archived