Vehicroids are back, and this time they're black (Xyz lol)

spoderman

THE REBIRTH. SUCH COLOR. MUCH MS PAINT. VERY EFFECT TWEAKING.

All of the concepts and artwork were done by myself, though I was very lazy in making the art and just touched up my old doodles (currently on a drawing block, haven't made a decent drawing in ages). Tell me what you think of the cards themselves. OCG fixes are appreciated and comments are read and considered.

NOTE: DAIDESTROYER'S ARTWORK ISN'T MINE. I GOT THAT ONE OFF GOOGLE. I SUCK AT DRAWING MECHAS

Inspired by Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (anime) and the original Roids

[Spoiler=Mecharoid Drill Breaker]

WVwseLt.jpg

Mecharoid Drill Breaker

Rank 4-EARTH-Machine/Xyz/Effect

2 Level 4 Machine-Type monsters

If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, you can detach 1 Xyz Material: destroy it without flipping it face-up or changing its battle position (ignoring other monster effects). The destroyed monster's effects in the Graveyard  (if any) are negated until your opponent's next Standby Phase.This card gains 300 ATK for every other "Mecharoid" monster on the field.
ATK 2300 DEF 2000

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Mecharoid Envoy Express]

0SabYfu.jpg

Mecharoid Envoy Express

ATK 1900 DEF 2400

When this card is Xyz Summoned, you can add 1 Machine-Type "roid" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material to add 1 Level 4 or lower Machine-Type monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. If the monster added to your hand is Special Summoned this turn, this card loses 200 ATK/DEF.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Mecharoid Phantom Drone]

7wkdyKq.jpg

Mecharoid Phantom Drone

Rank 4-DARK-Machine/Xyz/Effect

If this card would be removed from the field, you can detach 2 Xyz Materials instead. When this card is Xyz Summoned, you can send it to the Field Spell Zone (it is still treated as a monster), and its effect becomes the following: Once per turn, you can banish 1 Machine-Type monster from your Graveyard to look at all of your opponent's face-down Spell/Trap cards, and destroy one of them.
ATK 0 DEF 2300

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Mecharoid Steam Solenoid]

2BuEPtH.jpg

Mecharoid Steam Solenoid

If this card attacks or is attacked, you can detach 1 Xyz Material:this card gains 400 ATK. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent.
ATK 2200 DEF 1500

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Mecharoid Truck Titan]

asdasdasd_zps05700a57.jpg

Mecharoid Truck Titan

If this card destroys a monster by battle, you can detach 1 Xyz Material to equip it to this card. As long as it is equipped to this card. This card cannot be targeted by the effects of monsters with the same Type as the equipped monster(s). This card gains 200 ATK for each card equipped to it by this effect. If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy one of these equipped card(s) instead.

ATK 2200 DEF 2000

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Mecharoid Leader Daidestroyer]

wawrfaef_zps58a4fa5b.jpg

Mecharoid Leader Daidestroyer
Rank 8-LIGHT-Machine/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 8 monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned, destroy all S/T cards on the field. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material:Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Machine-Type monster from your Graveyard or hand.

[/spoiler]

Tell me what you think. I intended for these to be able to run in any Machine-based deck (machina, gears, machina gears, geargias, etc. etc. etc.)

I decided to keep the cartoonish look and crudeness for the sake of them being roids.

Steam's text seems a little redundant.
I mean:

If this card attacks an opponent's monster, you can detach 1 Xyz Material:it gains 500 ATK during the Damage Step only. If the monster is a Machine-Type monster, this card permanently gains 500 ATK instead.

Why does it need to check if the detached monster was a Machine-Type, when you can only Xyz Summon it with Machine Types in the first place?

I mean:Why does it need to check if the detached monster was a Machine-Type, when you can only Xyz Summon it with Machine Types in the first place?

Sorry, I meant for it to mean if the OPPONENT'S monster is a Machine-Type. I'll fix that RIGHT away. Thanks for the notice.

I mean:Why does it need to check if the detached monster was a Machine-Type, when you can only Xyz Summon it with Machine Types in the first place?

Even though it's solved, I'll just throw out DNA Surgery could be a factor in that.

Drill is kinda eh, though I guess its serves as a good beater. One thing you need to think about is, and I'm not sure about this, the text it has might not negate graveyard effects, which are really the only ones worth negating in the Battle Phase.

I don't like Envoy Express for:

1) Expressroid Tutor. Is it a good card? Yes. Does it need a specific tutor? No.

2) Geargiganto X outclasses it. You add a machine from Deck OR Graveyard to hand without any Xyz/Synchro restrictions, plus 400 more attack.

Phantom Drone, I really don't know about because it brings out a lot of rulings. Is it a field spell? Does it keep the materials? Etc.

Steam could be worded better, not sure how but as is it gains 1000 ATK from attacking a Machine-Type monster.

I feel like Truck Titan could do a little extra. Like a save effect by sending the equipped monster to the Graveyard. As is it doesn't do much, can't really think of many current monster effects besides E-Dragons and Priestess that target, and dragons don't put dragons on the field to be attacked while spellbooks have wisdom.

Daidestroyer: First off, you can't target in the hand. Or at least, that hasn't been done ever.

Second, I don't like the lvl 8 stuff. Roids don't have access to big numbers like that.

Third, it's a rank 8. Does it really not need to attack when it summons a monster like that?

I really like these cards! The art is great! I like Phantom Drone the best!

OCG Fix: When this card is Xyz Summoned, destroy all S/T cards on the field. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material to target 1 Level 4 or lower Machine-Type monster in your Graveyard or hand: Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect.

That was an unneeded OCG fix! Although I like Daidestroyer you could get rid of the 'cannot attack' clause saying the monster you summon must be lv 4 or lower or you could say any machine-type monster. A bit like Red-Eyes Darkness however that one's only from the graveyard! They do work in all machine-type decks! They're great!
OCG: 9.99/10 (other than that little mistake :).)

Card Images: 9.5/10

Card effects: 9/10

Usabilty (or whatever the word is how it is usable or sommin) : 9/10

Overall: 9/10 Keep up the good work!

Please note: I am a very unreliable critic and most of the things I say will be wrong :)!

I really like these cards! The art is great! I like Phantom Drone the best!

OCG Fix: When this card is Xyz Summoned, destroy all S/T cards on the field. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material to target 1 Level 4 or lower Machine-Type monster in your Graveyard or hand: Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect.

That was an unneeded OCG fix! Although I like Daidestroyer you could get rid of the 'cannot attack' clause saying the monster you summon must be lv 4 or lower or you could say any machine-type monster. A bit like Red-Eyes Darkness however that one's only from the graveyard! They do work in all machine-type decks! They're great!
OCG: 9.99/10 (other than that little mistake :).)

Card Images: 9.5/10

Card effects: 9/10

Usabilty (or whatever the word is how it is usable or sommin) : 9/10

Overall: 9/10 Keep up the good work!

Please note: I am a very unreliable critic and most of the things I say will be wrong :)!

Thanks for both of the comments. I'll see to it that the OCG gets fixed and the effects tweaked. I am a little too restricting with my effects, i admit. And roids DO have a level 8 roid (Armoroid), not to mention I believe Mecha Phantom beasts could raise themselves to level 8 (not sure), and Machina fortess is one level change effect away from going level 8. Also, Ancient Gear Golem, Ancient Gear Gajiltron Dragon.

Archived