Trovany, the Storm Queen

Newton Vitas

This is the new version. I hope it's well balanced.

0jyOvCS.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]2 Level 4 monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Xyz Monsters you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects until your opponent's next End Phase. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. If this face-up card would be destroyed, detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead.[/spoiler]

P.S.: "Trovany" is very similar to the word "thunder" in some languages. Just a little twist based on Rai-Oh's name.

[spoiler=Older Version]

uHYhENr.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]3 Level 4 LIGHT Thunder-Type monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Xyz Monsters you control with Xyz Material cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects until your opponent's next End Phase. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. If this face-up card would be destroyed, detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Other than Thunder Family, there's like, no way to make this.  Even then, why would that deck bother?  They'd much prefer to spam like 2-3 little Xyz bosses to swarm the field and go for game, instead of this and like 1 other card.

If it were generic, it would still be outclassed cuz it's a 3-mat, so a -2 and a BIG investment, with puny attack AND it doesn't do anything on its own, it requires you to have another stable Xyz boss in order for it to work.  So what this results in is that this card would rarely be used.

What I suggest is that you make it a 2-mat Xyz and lower the ATK to 1900.  You can make it generic too if you want.

At this point, the card is pretty good and reasonably balanced.  It acts as a potent veil for your Xyz, something that rank 4 doesn't do yet and that I'm sure would see play.

If you keep it as a 3-mat, then I highly encourage you to make it generic and bump the ATK to 2400.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I think the generic version would make this card more versatile, as some LIGHT archetypes would rather go for Constellar Omega (and then for Ptolemy M7) or Paladynamo (who is better off being destroyed, anyway).

I will also make the effect work on Xyz monsters with no materials, so this card can protect itself for a second turn. I feel like this restriction is kind of pointless, specially because Xyz's without materials are already useless (mostly).

Archived