Galaxia (Lightsworn Support Card ((They Already Have Too Many But Hey!)))

Blood Blood

THIS IS MY FIRST CARD!
Now how do things work around here? I know, I read the single cards section rule thread!
The word Galaxia comes from Spanish!
Galaxy - Galaxia in Spanish!
I was gonna do Japanese (Ginga)! But it sounded like a character from Beyblade so I didn't!
Anyway here is the card!
bd0G46K.jpg
I dunno where I got the image, it was one of the places they said you can get good images from! I think it was Jazinkay's photo album!
Thank you for looking at my card!
Edit: I changed it to add level 4 OR LOWER 'LIGHTSWORN' MONSTERS! So I restricted the monster but not the level! :)!
Edit: I got rid of the graveyard effect and added a small restriction to balance the card out a little more!

Edit: Got rid of LIGHT lightsworn and added a circulation! :D

I'll actually say its not bad for your first card. The issue is that it can add Honest and just about every Agent to the hand. Bujins too. Specify Lightsworns, or a TYPE of monster that is not Fairy.

It'll be better, I think. Cyber Search, etc.

Thanks Tech Genus! It means a lot to get comments from experienced members like you to noobs like me, or is that how things work 'round here? I think you're right about the effect though! I'll keep it as it is for now and see if other people agree before I change it!

just about every Agent to the hand.

Because Agent Jupiter almost every Agent in the game. (Agent Mercury doesn't count.)

But yeah, this thing is just faaar too generic. When you're making a searcher, it really helps to understand what exactly are the important cards it can grab. Searching any sort of something is nice and all, until you realize it searches something that shouldn't be searchable like BLS-EotB, and then it's stupid. Plus, the more limits on what it can search, the less likely it is going to restrict future card design (should it actually exist like we pretend it does). For example, if there was some sort of card that added any Level 4 Rock-Type monster from your Deck to your hand, then Level 4 Rock-Type monsters in the future must be designed in order to not be too good given that the searching card is essentially an extra three copies of that monster. Keeping it closer to what you intend just allows you to have a firmer grip on the card and what you want it to do.

EDIT: This post is incomplete and only focused on TGM calling Agent Jupiter fat. I completely forgot that this is a +1 upon its Summon because you can just fetch two monsters as soon as possible from your Deck. This needs some sort of cost, probably involving losing cards in order to gain them. Because right now, it's just "If you have this card on the field, add two Level 4 LIGHT monsters from your Deck to your hand. This can only happen once" or so, which is crazy advantage-wise.

Because Agent Jupiter almost every Agent in the game. (Agent Mercury doesn't count.)

But yeah, this thing is just faaar too generic. When you're making a searcher, it really helps to understand what exactly are the important cards it can grab. Searching any sort of something is nice and all, until you realize it searches something that shouldn't be searchable like BLS-EotB, and then it's stupid. Plus, the more limits on what it can search, the less likely it is going to restrict future card design (should it actually exist like we pretend it does). For example, if there was some sort of card that added any Level 4 Rock-Type monster from your Deck to your hand, then Level 4 Rock-Type monsters in the future must be designed in order to not be too good given that the searching card is essentially an extra three copies of that monster. Keeping it closer to what you intend just allows you to have a firmer grip on the card and what you want it to do.

You're right, I guess I'm gonna update the card then and restrict it! And hope for more feedback!

I thought it said level 4 or lower. Derp.

And I'm not an experienced member that much. =D

Now it says lower. I like it.

Is there a Lightsworn that isn't LIGHT though?

I thought the one with the art of a dog (the hunter with the flip effect), I thought that was dark but I guess I was wrong. Saying I'm gonna make lightsworn support cards and I can't be bothered to change this card again I might make some DARK lightsworns for this card! Or is that not allowed! 

I thought the one with the art of a dog (the hunter with the flip effect), I thought that was dark but I guess I was wrong. Saying I'm gonna make lightsworn support cards and I can't be bothered to change this card again I might make some DARK lightsworns for this card! Or is that not allowed! 

It's allowed, but doesn't quite follow the archetype. =/

It's allowed, but doesn't quite follow the archetype. =/

Well all archetypes need a little changing! I mean, Konami don't really change archetypes that much but I might as well! It's just bending the rules slightly! But Konami have some weird cards as well, there's Aitsu and the rest of that archetype! :D!

Aside from the fact just about every bit of this card is absurd, why do you list it having to search LIGHT Lightsworn monsters, when Lightsworns are a pure LIGHT Archetype?
It's counter productive.

That aside, this card basically gives you a free JD out of thin air; No.

OK, Armadilloz, I take into account everything you say but the 3 other people don't seem to hate this card! It's just you!

Nice card! It's pretty cool! 9/10 for me! It works well for lightsworn decks! Maybe you should get rid of the LIGHT lightsworn monsters saying they're all light!

Thanks, maybe give more constructive criticism!

Honestly I forgot about the new Lightsworns when writing this. JD is a little bit too easy for my liking. Not a bad card, its just that JD exists.

If you haven't yet, look up the new Lightsworns. I think Armz is referring to Minerva. 

Oh, I get it, soz for being so harsh Armz! I guess I should add some restrictions but not yet! Saying I'm going offline now!

Dude! I didn't have much to say it's a good card! I think you can make some nice support cards from this!

Thanks again dandan!

OK, Armadilloz, I take into account everything you say-

Tell me something-
How does a card that, basically, gives you free fodder for Recharge/Lumina/etc, and can also search for things like Lyla/Ryko/etc, for literally no cost/drawback what so ever. And don't say the "Up to twice per duel" is enough, because it isn't, due to the absurdity of what you accomplished from such an effect.
Add to it, upon being destroyed, will search for yet more stuff. So really, this card is basically a +3 for a deck that does nothing but rely on luck the whole time, and all your doing is just letting claim empty wins even faster.
Explain to me how any of that is "balanced".

but the 3 other people don't seem to hate-

*Ahem*
dandydandy literally admitted to you that he was just copy+pasting his "LEL 9/10" review. Doesn't count.
Tech missed some info when reviewing it. Doesn't count/he also agreed with me.
Hotel's review is decent.

Really, you can't use the "3 other people liked it" argument. I mean, it would be like saying Raigeki is fine@3 just because everyone likes it. No. That's terrible reasoning and doesn't justify anything.

So you don't need to get all crazy, because I pointed out the flaws in your card. I'm just giving feedback on the grounds of what your card is capable of.

I would say "add a discard cost" but that just fuels JD.

What would a good cost be a good cost? LP?

See, heres the issue with this card.
TC is obviously a fan of Sacksworns. I respect that.
But here's the thing... When making support for this Archetype, your basically skating on thin ice as far as a potentially balanced card goes.
I mean, at lest it's not an actual Lightsworn monster, so that's a step in the right direction.

See, heres the issue with this card.
TC is obviously a fan of Sacksworns. I respect that.
But here's the thing... When making support for this Archetype, your basically skating on thin ice as far as a potentially balanced card goes.
I mean, at lest it's not an actual Lightsworn monster, so that's a step in the right direction.

Alright Armz, I guess you're right, discarding won't be a good cost but would shuffling into the deck? Or sending cards to the top of the deck? How about banishing? Any ideas for a cost for this card before I remake it? :D

Tell me something-
How does a card that, basically, gives you free fodder for Recharge/Lumina/etc, and can also search for things like Lyla/Ryko/etc, for literally no cost/drawback what so ever. And don't say the "Up to twice per duel" is enough, because it isn't, due to the absurdity of what you accomplished from such an effect.
Add to it, upon being destroyed, will search for yet more stuff. So really, this card is basically a +3 for a deck that does nothing but rely on luck the whole time, and all your doing is just letting claim empty wins even faster.
Explain to me how any of that is "balanced".
*Ahem*
dandydandy literally admitted to you that he was just copy+pasting his "LEL 9/10" review. Doesn't count.
Tech missed some info when reviewing it. Doesn't count/he also agreed with me.
Hotel's review is decent.

Really, you can't use the "3 other people liked it" argument. I mean, it would be like saying Raigeki is fine@3 just because everyone likes it. No. That's terrible reasoning and doesn't justify anything.

So you don't need to get all crazy, because I pointed out the flaws in your card. I'm just giving feedback on the grounds of what your card is capable of.

I agree with Armz, this card is a no cost +3, take away the graveyard effect and make it once per duel. Then it's a balanced +1. Or get rid of the graveyard effect and make it twice per duel, but say you can't summon any more monsters for the rest of the turn. At the moment it's probably a 6/10! But you could make it a 9/10!

I agree with Armz, this card is a no cost +3, take away the graveyard effect and make it once per duel. Then it's a balanced +1. Or get rid of the graveyard effect and make it twice per duel, but say you can't summon any more monsters for the rest of the turn. At the moment it's probably a 6/10! But you could make it a 9/10!

Alright changed the card dude, I hope you all think it's a little more balanced now... hopefully!

Archived