Video Game Card Contest

ZephyrTFF

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Someone- did it? Only I saw from their conversation are he explained it to Sakura but not change anything, but yea if u can explain to me what source of that OCG maybe u will get more points and since Sakura gave u full by that part, so maybe I'm the one who wrong

I'm not sure but based on their conversation, he/she did change it:

You can only Summoned "CPU Candidates - Uni" once per turn. When this card is Normal Summoned: Target 1 S/T card on the field; destroy that target (using MST's card lore). Once per turn: You can inflict 600 damage to your opponent. During either player's turn: You can tribute this face-up card; Special Summon 1 "CPU Candidates - Black Sister" from your hand or Deck. If you control a monster other than "CPU" monsters, this card cannot activate its effects.

Says here that -Someone- forgot to put the "ed" in "Summoned" and this clause: "Target 1 S/T card on the field; destroy that target"

But when I look back at -Someone-'s card, it says the "ed" and now says "Target 1 Spell/Trap."

Just based on my observation, I'm not entirely sure.

- Someone - didn't edit their OCG; I only corrected it to show why I marked off points. The original lore is still on Someone's entry post.

She lost points b/c the -ed wasn't needed and on the earlier fix before clarification; the targeting effect. 

You shouldn't edit cards after submission.

All right, that was dishonorable of me.

Sorry.

No worries, Guan, I probably should've put a note about that earlier so there wouldn't be any confusion.

I'll mark points down only for noticeable stuff; if it has conflicting rulings (which has happened with other cards), I won't take off points.

Not going to be grading this on the competitive standard (whether said cards would promote shenanigans with Dragon Rulers or some other meta cards) b/c I'm not particularly fond of it and this is individuality; not based on "oh this card promotes (some play) here".

Now that Scary and I have both given our grades, let's see what our thread creator has to say about the entries here.

I'm curious how I lost points on OCG in sakura's scores but got a good grade on OCG in scary face's scores. Was it all just capitalization or did I miss something else?

edit: I have to go to bed soon, so here's my OCG references in case it helps my score

When this card is normal summoned: put 3 charge counters on it (max 3),

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Breaker_the_Magical_Warrior (effect's general form)

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Errata:Apprentice_Magician (2nd errta says 'put')

Put 1 charge counter on this card during each standby phase. [I goofed here]

During either player's turn: you can shuffle this card into the deck with 3 charge counters on it; special summon 1 "Metal Hero – Armor Mode" from your extra deck.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Skilled_Dark_Magician (effect general form)

Must be special summoned, with the effect of "Metal Hero" and cannot be special summoned by other ways.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Evil_HERO_Inferno_Wing

When this card is summoned: put 4 armor counters on it.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Breaker_the_Magical_Warrior (effect's general form)

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Errata:Apprentice_Magician (2nd errta says 'put')

Once per turn during your Standby Phase: remove 1 armor counter from this card. (Standby Phase effects with activation count limits are confusing, so I decided to spell it out)

If this card would be destroyed or would be banished, remove 1 armor counter from it instead.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Shooter

You take no battle damage from battles involving this card.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Blackwing_Armor_Master

When this card leaves the field: shuffle into the extra deck and special summon 1 "Metal Hero" from your hand, deck, or graveyard.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Evilswarm_Coppelia (sort of)

Once per turn: during your Main Phase 1: you can target 1 card your opponent controls; during the End Phase of this turn destroy that target and inflict 1500 damage to your opponent, if this card did not attack or change its battle position this turn after you activated this effect.

General problem solving card text form and

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_of_Sacrifice for the this part: "destroy that target and inflict 1500 damage to your opponent, if this card did not attack or change its battle position this turn after you activated this effect."

Oh yea, I looked your cards again and looks like I made some mistakes last night (maybe last morning XD), it should be 6 for Metal and 5 for Armor, but maybe I'm thought about other cards when typing, other points seems ok, and I recheck other cards, looks like I only mistakes your, I apologize that

Oh yea, I looked your cards again and looks like I made some mistakes last night (maybe last morning XD), it should be 6 for Metal and 5 for Armor, but maybe I'm thought about other cards when typing, other points seems ok, and I recheck other cards, looks like I only mistakes your, I apologize that

I posted my OCG references if any of the judges want to see them

Do you really want one of us to explain it to u clearly? fine then
- When this card is Normal Summoned: Place 3 Charge Counters on it (max.3). During each Standby Phases: Place 1 Charge Counter on this card. During either player's turn: You can shuffle this card with 3 Charge Counters on it into the Deck; Special Summon 1 "Metal Hero - Armor Mode" from your Extra Deck.

well I will leave another one for Sakura simce im using a phone and im lazy to type bbcode for bold anymore, but only this i think u could figured out y u got so low points on that, the fact is my score maybe too much for u after i run through this i think i want to give u below 5, but well 6 are fine since it didnt affected the first 3 places anyway

Scary pretty much summed up what I docked points for (remember that I said every error gets docked 1/2 point); though I didn't deduct because you didn't capitalize "counter".

I do have to admit that you had the OCG thread at the top of the RC section to use, in addition to using the Wikia (yes, I know the PSCT text is a pain in the neck sometimes to write).

There was a fair amount of things that got deducted, but since I'm concurrently writing this in addition to writing a finals paper and prepping for an exam tomorrow, I won't go into specifics.

Woah... I have a page and a half to read just for leaving 4 hours? xD

I'll underline the stuff you got cut down on.

Someone

The long one counted as 2 mistakes (but don't worry, you still got a pretty high score)

First one was the when/if statement and checking it with how the trigger works (since Konami made that ambiguous to some degree, I didn't take off points). The other part was forgotten (but I know what you meant)

Otherwise, you did fine with 27.5/30 on my end.

The second "if" has a meaning. It says that it can't miss the timing. In case an "if.... you can" effect that triggered when it killed my Prinny happened.

Though to be fair, I did not actually look through cards for reference to make sure of all this.

Generally "when... you can" can chain to another "when... you can", but iirc, lost against "if.... you can". 

"If.... you can" can never miss the timing.

I have nothing to say on the first "if" in my effect. That should have been a "when" by all means.

EDIT:

Oh you meant that I didn't write "this card" .

Also, just checked back my card for reference...

Hehe.. no, sorry about misunderstanding what you meant there.

Yeah.... I didn't forget that bit, I just didn't think it was necessary, but yeah I just checked and no card in the game saves space that way so... yeah, point taken.

Given all the stuff regarding OCG, I'm going to be making the OCG portion worth less points in future grading, given all the comments about it lately.

It was a minor error (you had pretty much perfect OCG otherwise); but I'll just give you back that half point I took off (your new score is 28/30, so should be somewhere in top 3 or 4 now).

This is why I'm not a fan of the new OCG system; we're bound to get exceptions to a lot of stuff that should be written and points get mistakenly taken off.

(Come to think of it, Scary and I are doing more in this contest than the TC is as of now)

Given all the stuff regarding OCG, I'm going to be making the OCG portion worth less points in future grading, given all the comments about it lately.

It was a minor error (you had pretty much perfect OCG otherwise); but I'll just give you back that half point I took off (your new score is 28/30, so should be somewhere in top 3 or 4 now).

This is why I'm not a fan of the new OCG system; we're bound to get exceptions to a lot of stuff that should be written and points get mistakenly taken off.

(Come to think of it, Scary and I are doing more in this contest than the TC is as of now)

Is the topic creator also a judge?
Hmm... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because IRL stuff happens. 

As for my correction. Not sure if you looked at my post edit ^^"
After investigating a little bit, I basically feel bad for having replied to it, since you were right in both parts of my OCG xD

So I'm fine with the 27.5

At least it's still a pretty high score, and you actually came and replied explaining the stuff, which is more than some other contests have done for me this year hehe.

Apparently the TC is judging this as well based on his answer to Scary and myself offering to judge (wants to make sure the prizes are given to those who deserve them, which is understandable; but he does know that we might see things in a different view than what happens). It's Wednesday for most of you at this point, so TC might come in later and give his say.

Like a lot of you have done with Scary and myself, you can question him on his grading.

Grading criteria should be transparent for all members so it doesn't end up like that other contest in here that left some questions about how the host graded the cards and determined a winner. Might just be a CnC of the card in general; no need for numerical scores (that should be enough). But I did see the revision [though it's a 1/2 point difference]

It would help if you had posted the lore below your card (would make it easier for me to show)

Underlines were your mistake (posted is an edited lore w/correct fixes to my ability)

If your opponent has 2000 or more LP, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn, you can place a Pacman counter on this card. This card gains 200 ATK for each Pacman counter. You can destroy remove 3 counters from this card: Target 1 "Pacman" in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target and place a Pacman counter on it.

(You don't "destroy" counters on cards; they're removed. Also parts of PSCT)

as -Someone- and Sakura mentioned, Sakura and me had finished judging all entries, and maybe TC was in Asia like me (our time are pretty fast than ur (if u were in Europe or USA) for Japan now it's already an evening. so u should enter at least 1 day b4 the deadline to ensure that u didnt have time problem

Archived