The Lego Palace.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Username: Thar

Why do you like Lego?: Used to do nothing BUT Lego as a kid. Still love them, though I don't have much to build with. 'Tis a sad life I have.

Do you even Lego?: I'm sorry, what was that?

Favorite Lego Series(City, Hero Factory, etc): Not much of a series guy. My only real experience with Lego was a giant Tupperware full of random bricks, frames, and grass. I did, however, play a lot of LEGO games (no, I'm not talking about LEGO Indiana Jones or whatever. I mean LEGO Island, LEGO Creator, etc. Those games. They were the SHIT.) 

I had that game.
Looking at it, now, that game is rather ghetto.
But back in the day it was pimp as shit.

Yeah, listening to the intro makes me literally shiver with nostalgia. I think out of all games I've played, I've beaten that game with all characters at least 20 times. Probably the most memorable gaming moment is the first part of capturing the Brickster when you're on the road and he's blasting buildings. Dat intense music~ <3

LEGO Creator was also fun. I always loved setting dynamite and blowing sh*t up.

>Dynamite
The funny part about Creator, is the fact it DELIBERATELY has a catapult with dynamite on it.
Like, they knew the demographic was little kids/little boys. What do little kids/boy like? Blowing stuff up?
PRINT IT.
CALL IT A DAY.
ROLL IN MONEY LATER.

I know. It took me a while to realize it, cause I always used the blank template. When I finally clicked on it, I built so many buildings over the target, including a hospital.

Yeah, I was a pretty morbid child.

As for mini-figures, I've always wanted to make a stop-motion movie out of them. After all, they're the easiest things to make them with.

Lego Island, then a bit of Lego Racers and Lego Alpha Team.
Only real Lego games I ever played, if were talking about older ones like that.

If we aren't, then Lego Starwars, Lego Starwars full adventure(w/e), Lego Indiana Jones 1 and 2, Lego Batman, Lego City Undercover, and I plan to get Lego Marvel.

You guys should play the Ninjago version of Battlenetwork then

Anyway, I went over to Brickshelf just now, and appearently over in Germany, they have these 'Mixels' sets.
[spoiler=Pic 1]
2014_028.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Pic 2]
2014_029.jpg[/spoiler]
So as you can see, they are sets with googly-eye-type pieces, and consist of their own little 'series' for each set of creature, apparently.
I don't know about you, but these are ridiculously adorable.

They are coming out in Spring 2014, btw
So despite the fact they just look outright silly, they have a sort of X-Pod aura about them. So it looks interesting.

That aside, though....
Technic figures are awesome:
0_9_group_pic.jpg

Archived