Number 62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon

k0L2JPa.jpg

Number 62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon
Rank 8 LIGHT Dragon-Type Xyz Effect Monster
ATK 4000
DEF 3000
2 Level 8 monsters

Once, during damage calculation, if this card attacks or is attacked: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; during damage calculation only, this card gains 200 ATK times the combined Ranks of all monsters on the field. If this card is destroyed by your opponent’s card effect while “Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon” is attached to it as an Xyz Material: You can Special Summon this card during your second Standby Phase after it was destroyed, and double its ATK. If “Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon” is not attached to this card as an Xyz Material, halve all battle damage this card inflicts to your opponent.

http://ygorganization.com/vj-dec-21-2013/

The cover card for Primal Origin.

I'm not sure what to make of this card atm, but I will say that it being a 2-mat Rank 8 with 4000 ATK makes it enticing, and that delayed revival that turns him into an 8000 beater makes him interesting as well. Additionally, that first effect lets him gain 1600 ATK during damage calc if he's the only Xyz out there if I'm not mistaken.  I really don't like the fact that the second and third effects make GEPD so essential to this card, though that makes sense lore-wise.  Will Galaxy Photons use it?  Will any other deck use it? Discuss.

K3hYym1.png

Sexy art, and surprisingly good effect.

But sadly, chances are Konami won't make this a Ghost Rare when it hits the TCG.

I hope that there'll be more good Galaxy/Photon support in PRIO.

EDIT: Konami made me laugh.

Remember the false rumor of GEPPD being a dinosaur back then?

Apparently there does exist a card called Galaxy Tyranno, and it can instantly brings GEPPD during your opponent's turn.

I honestly think you are forgetting about the honestly needs to be banned card called honest, which honestly, is a staple in all light decks until now.

But I honestly think it'll be funny if both players used honest when this card battles, thus provoking the attack target to honestly cry their heart out.

This card is honestly that good. Even honest cant top that to be honest.

I honestly think you are forgetting about the honestly needs to be banned card called honest, which honestly, is a staple in all light decks until now.

But I honestly think it'll be funny if both players used honest when this card battles, thus provoking the attack target to honestly cry their heart out.

This card is honestly that good. Even honest cant top that to be honest.

You: I attack your Felgrand with my Number 62!
Opponent: Oh yeah? Well, I use Honest on my Knight to gain 4000 ATK to 6800 ATK!
You: Oh yeah?!? Well, I use Number 62's effect! 7200 ATK!!!
Opponent: ...Yeah, I got nothin'.

*Sees effect involving GEPD* I knew that this card would have an effect if it has GEPD as an Xyz material.

I saw it coming, too.

*drooling* Art. Effect. Card.

I would say I need some quality alone-time with this beautiful thing, but then I'd be lying. There will never be enough alone-time in the world for me to be able to fully express my love of this magnificent creature.

If anyone else uses an avatar of this card's art, I will kill them.

Lol@2 Level 8s for a 5600 monster.
Even WITH the "The Opponent takes half the damage" part if you don't have Galaxy Eyes as a material, that's still pretty damn crazy.

I think we have a new staple for evilfusion.dek.

Unless the man himself has anything he wants to add other than salivating and threatening to murder anyone who uses this as an avatar.

Now to wait for an even better pic.

First off, it's a generic 2 Mat Rank 8. That's AMAZING on so many levels. Then it has 4000 ATK, which is also amazing. But before other Decks can think of wielding this, they must understand that if it doesn't have a Galaxy-Eyes as Material, damage is halved. Which doesn't really bother Galaxy Decks, because Galaxy-Eyes is almost always a Material.

When it battles, during the Damage Step, you detach 1 and boost it by 200x the Rank of all Xyz on the Field. Holy. Shit. That's 1600 just for itself. Do you really think that's the only Xyz on the Field? Odds are, this thing is going to be pushing 6400 or more.

If it dies by a card effect while Galaxy-Eyes is a Material, you revive it on your second Standby Phase. Admittedly, this isn't needed. But it sure hell doesn't HURT.

For the question "Will Galaxy Decks play it?". Hell yes they will. And they'll love playing it.

Now to wait for an even better pic.

First off, it's a generic 2 Mat Rank 8. That's AMAZING on so many levels. Then it has 4000 ATK, which is also amazing. But before other Decks can think of wielding this, they must understand that if it doesn't have a Galaxy-Eyes as Material, damage is halved. Which doesn't really bother Galaxy Decks, because Galaxy-Eyes is almost always a Material.

When it battles, during the Damage Step, you detach 1 and boost it by 200x the Rank of all Xyz on the Field. Holy. Shit. That's 1600 just for itself. Do you really think that's the only Xyz on the Field? Odds are, this thing is going to be pushing 6400 or more.

If it dies by a card effect while Galaxy-Eyes is a Material, you revive it on your second Standby Phase. Admittedly, this isn't needed. But it sure hell doesn't HURT.

For the question "Will Galaxy Decks play it?". Hell yes they will. And they'll love playing it.

Now for the real question.

evilfusion, do you require new pants?

Ok, I'm going to be honest here.

Something is bugging me about the card.

I don't know what it is, but I feel like... it's not going to perform as well as is expected. And that Felgrand will still be the go to Xyz of the rank.

I mean, he still deals with Bujin well, which is one of this things best strengths, and is better in almost all other situations than this. I mean this is a great beatstick.

I don't know, I need to test this thing before I make my judgment proper.

Ok, I'm going to be honest here.

Something is bugging me about the card.

I don't know what it is, but I feel like... it's not going to perform as well as is expected. And that Felgrand will still be the go to Xyz of the rank.

I mean, he still deals with Bujin well, which is one of this things best strengths, and is better in almost all other situations than this. I mean this is a great beatstick.

I don't know, I need to test this thing before I make my judgment proper.

This is definitely not a Go-To Xyz. It's just that it's a huge beater that's good in a number of situations where Felgrand isn't.

Archived