Gladiators' Revenge! Gladiators are back to start a rebellion!* (Musical Accompaniment Included)

Kwisatz-Haderach

I admit that G.B. was one of the first archetypes i loved from the beginning... sadly konami has abandoned them, so I decided to imagine a kind of "sub-family" to help them. If my memories are not wrong, the theme of the Gladiator Beasts was about savage animals taken away from their natural habitat, and brought in some hi-tech lab where they've become lethal death machine...in fact as you can see, laquari bestiari and so on wear hi-tech armors and weapons. My idea was about imagining a bunch of these animals that managed to escape from those labs to go back in the nature....and plan someday to go back there and save their "friends": so this is how i came up with "Rebel Gladiator Beast". They add some speed and dynamic to old glads, also as you'll see in the pictures, the Rebels look more savage and brutal than their friends. This is their first pubblic appearance and i'm not completely sure of some lores, but here they are:

As usual, I offer you a Musical Accompaniment ;)

[spoiler='Musical Accompaniment']

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTRxsfR40sc[/media][/spoiler]

[spoiler='Effect Monsters']

[spoiler='Rebel Gladiator Beast Lorari']WuwMMQH.jpg
lv4\WIND\winged-beast\tuner\1600-600
You can only control 1 "Rebel Gladiator Beast Lorari". When a WIND "Gladiator Beast" monster is special summoned to your side of the field: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, but it cannot be used as Xyz Material. When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster: You can target 1 card in the Graveyard(s); shuffle the targets into the Deck. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: You can shuffle it into the Deck; Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Rebel Gladiator Beast Lorari".[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Rebel Gladiator Beast Cestus']IWiFX7S.jpg

lv4\EARTH\Beast\1600-1400
When a EARTH "Gladiator Beast" monster is special summoned to your side of the field: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, but it cannot be used as Xyz Material. When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster: Target 1 monster on the field: Negate that monster's effects until your opponent's next End Phase. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: You can shuffle it into the Deck; Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Rebel Gladiator Beast Cestus".[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Rebel Gladiator Beast Arbelas']SZ37gub.jpg
lv3\WATER\FIsh\1400-1000
When a WATER "Gladiator Beast" monster is special summoned to your side of the field: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster: Draw 1 card, then skip your next Draw Phase. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: You can shuffle it into the Deck; Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Rebel Gladiator Beast Arbelas".[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Rebel Gladiator Beast Provocatores']X7xwrzP.jpg
lv4\FIRE\Beast-Warrior\1800-1300
When a FIRE "Gladiator Beast" monster is special summoned to your side of the field: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster: Target 1 monster on the field that was Special Summoned; send the target to the Graveyard. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: You can shuffle it into the Deck; Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Rebel Gladiator Beast Provocatores".[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Rebel Gladiator Beast Velites']F0FV3hw.jpg
lv4\EARTH\Beast-Warrior\1700-1500
When a EARTH "Gladiator Beast" monster is special summoned to your side of the field: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, but it cannot be used as Xyz Material. When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster: Target 1 other "Gladiator Beast" monster you control; the target gains 600 ATK. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: You can shuffle it into the Deck; Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Rebel Gladiator Beast Velites".[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Rebel Gladiator Beast Thraex']rA7dw2x.jpg
lv4\WATER\Reptile\1900-800
When a WATER "Gladiator Beast" monster is special summoned to your side of the field: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, but it cannot be used as Xyz Material. When this card targets a face-down Defense Position monster for an attack, if this card was Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster: Destroy that monster immediately without flipping it face-up, and if you do, this card can attack once again in a row. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: You can shuffle it into the Deck; Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Rebel Gladiator Beast Thraex".[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Rebel Gladiator Beast Rudiari']dKG5Ny8.jpg
lv5\LIGHT\Beast-Warrior\2300-1900
Cannot be Special Summoned by effects of Fusion Monsters. When a "Gladiator Beast" monster is Special Summoned to your side of the field: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster: Negate all your opponent's cards and effects that would destroy a "Gladiator Beast" monster(s) you control until the End Phase. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: You can shuffle it into the Deck; Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Rebel Gladiator Beast Rudiari".[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler='New Fusions']

[spoiler='Gladiator Beast Praegniari']qlwZXRM.jpg
lv6\WATER\Aqua\2300-2500
1 WATER "Gladiator Beast" monster + 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster

Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".)

When this card is Special Summoned: You can send all Spell and Trap Cards on the opponent's side of the field to the Graveyard. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: You can shuffle it into the Extra Deck; Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Gladiator Beast Crupellarii']KdAMjdp.jpg
lv8\LIGHT\Beast-Warrior\2300-2500
1 "Gladiator Beast" Fusion Monster + 1 or more "Rebel Gladiator Beast" monsters
This card can only be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by returning the above cards you control to the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each non-Fusion monster returned to the Deck for its summon. If this card would be destroyed, you can discard 1 "Gladiator Beast" card instead. Once per turn, when a "Gladiator Beast" monster is Special Summoned to your side of the field: You can apply 1 of the following effects according to that monster's Attribute.●EARTH: Your opponent discards 1 random card;●WIND: Return 1 card on the field to its owner hand;●WATER: Add 1 "Gladiator Beast" card from the graveyard to your hand;●FIRE: Destroy 1 card on the field. [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Gladiator Beast Maximus']yM5w2cT.jpg
lv8\LIGHT\Beast-Warrior\2900-2300

"Rebel Gladiator Beast Rudiari" + 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) "Gladiator Beast" monsters you control except this card cannot be destroyed by battle, also all "Gladiator Beast" monsters cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects during the turn they are Summoned. Level 4 or lower monsters cannot be destroyed by battle with this card. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: Return it to the Extra Deck; Special Summon 2 "Gladiator Beast" monsters from your Deck, except "Rebel Gladiator Beast Rudiari".[/spoiler][/spoiler]

I'm not sure but i might add a couple to them...opinions!?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

why was this thread notified to me?......O good Lord, i made it! Well i could have named it in so many different ways, but since all gladiators have real gladiator typology names, i had to respect that custom...so Maximus looks pretty realistic. Indeed maximus is the only name that doesn't correspond to a real gladiator, but all the others do

You should rename Maximus, name it Ajani.

why was this thread notified to me?......O good Lord, i made it! Well i could have named it in so many different ways, but since all gladiators have real gladiator typology names, i had to respect that custom...so Maximus looks pretty realistic. Indeed maximus is the only name that doesn't correspond to a real gladiator, but all the others do

because Maximus's image is from MTG card, Ajani Goldmane

Archived