Cowardly Light-Eater

Philemon

My first original card, I use Zombie's IRL and I don't think they need brute strength like some other types do, just potent effects and clever combos. Got the picture here from Deviantart

[attachment=40262:Cowardly Light Eater.jpg]

If this card battles a LIGHT monster, destroy that monster at the start of the Damage Step (without damage calculation). If your opponent's monster attacks this card: You can make the attack a direct attack instead and flip this card face-down.

I debated about if CLE should be level 6 or level 8. 2500 ATK ain't great for a level 8, but he can easily be brought out by Pyramid Turtle (being 0 DEF) or Double Coston if he's in your hand. I was also thinking about if he should automatically be flipped face down if attacked. He is the Cowardly Light Eater after all, but I think that would nerf him too much.

I think that the effect that you gave this monster doesn't really relate to the actual monster's name. Now, don't get me wrong, this effect is really awesome and creative, but I don't really understand why he's called "Light Eater" And he gets destroyed by light? Wouldn't be the other way around?

I think that the effect that you gave this monster doesn't really relate to the actual monster's name. Now, don't get me wrong, this effect is really awesome and creative, but I don't really understand why he's called "Light Eater" And he gets destroyed by light? Wouldn't be the other way around?

He's called the Light-Eater because he destroys the Light Attribute monster, not the other way around.

For starters, that art looks like some fan art of a Gengar.

The first sentence should be "If this card battles a LIGHT monster..." 

Also, this card seems very underpowered for a 2-Tribute monster. Sure, there's Pyramid Turtle, but there are much better things you can get off Pyramid Turtle. Tributing 2 monsters for essentially a 1-per-turn battle immunity with the drawback that if your opponent has 2 monsters, he will always die to the other monster's attack since it has 0 DEF. That, and you would take more than 2500 damage. Sure, the LIGHT thing is ok, but no deck only plays LIGHT monsters and it will be very easy to play round with non-attacking forms of destruction.

For starters, that art looks like some fan art of a Gengar.

The first sentence should be "If this card battles a LIGHT monster..." 

Also, this card seems very underpowered for a 2-Tribute monster. Sure, there's Pyramid Turtle, but there are much better things you can get off Pyramid Turtle. Tributing 2 monsters for essentially a 1-per-turn battle immunity with the drawback that if your opponent has 2 monsters, he will always die to the other monster's attack since it has 0 DEF. That, and you would take more than 2500 damage. Sure, the LIGHT thing is ok, but no deck only plays LIGHT monsters and it will be very easy to play round with non-attacking forms of destruction.

It is. Good point on the OCG. Even for 2 tributes I think CLE is fine, Zombie's have a bunch of ways to bring themselves out (Il Blud, Call of the Mummy, Book of Life, etc.) and rarely are tribute summoned. Plus with cards like Spirit Barrier or Nutrient Z the damage can be made trivial. 

Archived