Crash Dummy - Maybe an achetype eventually...

xSycoGoat

Hello again,

so I've wanted to do something about a crash test dummy card.

last night I started drawing it and here it is..

sorry about all this, internets messing up.

Name: Crash Dummy

Att: EARTH

Level: 3

Effect:

Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed by battle, it is not. Instead, place 1 counter on this card (max 4). When this card has 4 counters on it, destroy it.

Type: Machine

ATK: 1000

DEF: 800

what do you think. I might change the effect

Well, since this is going to be the thread that holds the card while the previous one I posted in will be the one that goes away because of duplicate-ness, I'll just quote myself.

300px-Gyroid-BP02-EN-C-1E.png

This card completely outclassed yours. And Gyroid is inferior to many other cards out there, such as Gogogo Golem, Spirit Reaper, Arcana Force I - The Fool, Slacker Magician and Marshmallon. And even then, most those cards don't see much play, if any at all. (Golem is ran in Zombies because of Gogogo Spirit, not its 1/turn battle immunity)

You need to make your card have some sort of edge over these cards that will make stall Decks (or bad players who run stall cards in anything) want to choose this instead of, say, Marshy. It doesn't have to be better than all of those monsters in every way, but it still needs something going for it.

@Orlannis: Sometimes the net acts funny and does that. To the TC, just ask Zex/one of the other mods to lock the excess stuff (you won't get penalized for it)

Anyway, this should be in the Written section, given there is no picture of the card. (Also missing the usual stats of the card; its Level, ATK/DEF, Typing, Attribute and so forth)

As ABC mentioned, Gyroid + those cards do this card's job better (and don't kill themselves after four times). I see this as a reference to dummies used for testing car safety or w/e they get used for nowadays (obvious). Aside from that, you need something to make this worth using over the aforementioned cards [that's why you need to post the rest of its stats/details]

EDIT: Don't use attachments to post your cards; just copy the image code from the card generator.

If the pic doesn't work on the YCM generator (should be working though), then upload the pic on another image host and copy the code from there.

Anyway, now that you posted the full card, we can gauge its stats/etc. with its effect. Like ABC and I mentioned earlier, all of the cards he mentioned do a much better job than this card at walling attacks. Its stats are already low to begin with, so it's in the same boat as Gyroid (two attacks from pretty much any monster will end its life); its counter effect is unnecessary unless you combo this with Dark Door or something, but that in itself is iffy.

Granted, you should give this card another effect so it's worth using over the other stuff like Marshmallon, Arcana Force 0 and so on (just omit the counter one). Or remove the OPT on its destruction block effect (that way, the counter effect has some relevancy). Either way, as it is now, either it'll die in one turn if your opponent swarms or just kills itself automatically after 4 turns if you somehow limit the opponent to only attack once per turn. Or give it better stats.

I had another effect if this effect didn't work

Effect:

If this card is destroyed by battle, Special Summon this card from the graveyard during the End Phase.

is this better?

I had an idea of this card being used as an Xyz material for a Xyz i'm going to do, that's the point of this card if anyone is interested. its effect is to stall until then and yeah it also takes part from crash test dummies in car crashes.

With the new effect, it essentially becomes a regenerating wall every turn (in a similar vein to Fox Fire or other cards like that).

It's a little better though; you should make the rest of the set so we can gauge how the whole thing works (just remember to put those in the Multiple section, not in here)

OCG fix (used Fox Fire's lore for this, since both cards have the same effect)

During the End Phase, if this card was destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard this turn and was face-up at the start of the Damage Step: Special Summon this card from the Graveyard.

Archived