Valrune Monogatari [ Harem / PG-16 / Not Started / Always Accepting ]

Aix

[hr]

Monogatari

[hr]
Bored. Leon was bored. Bored out of his mind. Bored out this world. "I'm bored," he said, as if this wasn't repeated numerous times to the reader already. "Really bored. If I could sell my boredom, I'm confident I could pay for my tuition." A line shamelessly stolen from a show he watched earlier in the week and modified to suit his situation. After all, he was working at his grandparents' cafe to support his studies at Etherfal Magic High. Flaunting his boredom further, he let out a yawn.

The bell over the door rang to show that a customer had entered the shop and Leon perked up from behind the counter before slumping back down as he realized the customer was just an ordinary person. A labourer from the looks of it, with his rough and torn clothing, who had arrived from the lower levels beneath Etherfal District to enjoy a cup of some of the best coffee in Valrune using his meager savings.

"Enjoy," he said with a trained smile as he handed the customer a Kaiss Cappuccino. It was prepared a special way using a magical technique that had been passed down the Kaiss family for generations. Personally, he found it rather lame that all that got passed down to him was this coffee preparing technique. It was very good coffee, but still very lame. Leon knew that was not what was all that was supposed to have been passed down. He knew about the Necronomicon that lay locked away in the attic. The grimoire that contained the ancient secrets of Chaos Magic.

His family were supposed to be Exorcists. Members of the Hidden Church of Rei'uthal who took care of the various supernatural incidents that occurred in the world. They could detect the presence of Chaos Magic and apparitions seeping into the world and track it down.

In fact, right now the hairs on the back of Leon's neck stuck up as he felt that unnatural, bone-chilling sensation. The sensation of darkness. Of the supernatural. "My Kaiss sense is tingling," he muttered, smiling at his own words. Looking outside the coffee shop windows, he saw a girl walking past and narrowed his eyes.

[hr]
[spoiler=Plot]Leon Kaiss is just an ordinary boy living in Etherfal District. He is an only child and raised by his grandparents after his parents went missing. For generations, his family has owned that little coffee shop, called Kaiss Cafe, on the corner and Leon works there during his free time to help subsidize his tuition at Etherfal Magic High.

One day, a while back, in a locked cupboard in the attic, Leon discovered an ancient-looking tome that may have something to do with his parents' disappearance. It is a massive trove of information on the nature of Chaos Magic. Though written in some unknown language, there are translation notes all over the pages and it details various apparitions and how to deal with them. Ever since coming in contact with this tome, Leon was able to detect the presence of Chaos Magic.

Now realizing that the Chaos Magic content is unnaturally high in Etherfal District, Leon now sets out to resolve any problems that it may cause. You are a girl afflicted in one way or another by Chaos Magic.

This is a slice of life and harem RP that may incorporate elements of mystery and horror but focuses on character interaction.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Rules]All YCM and RP section rules apply. No godmodding, metagaming or powerplaying, the last may be done with express permission of the person(s) who's character you've powerplayed.

You do not actually have to respect the Fourth Wall, just don't break it too much/too frequently and do not do so in serious moments.

While this RP is based off of the Monogatari Series, it actually has nothing to do with that world. You may also not use any Japanese names or terms because this RP takes place in Sentralis.

I advise you to read and comprehend the Database located in the Information Board as well as the Important Info section of this OoC before participating in this RP.

Because this is a Harem RP, all characters you create must be girls with the male protagonist portrayed by me. Though you do not actually have to fall in love with the main protagonist (but it makes things more fun cuz it's Harem).

All conversations between characters should be done as a coop post to preserve the fluidness of dialogue. This can be done in a Google Doc or using something like Firepad. Because of this, please post what times you might be available. I do this because the Monogatari Series is famed for it's wit and dialogue, as someone said somewhere, making even talking about the weather interesting, so I wish to have more connected dialogue in this RP.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Important Info]Apparitions - various chaos magic entities that may interact with the beings of this world and may even be spawned from Chaos Magic being influenced by unwitting individuals in this world. They are often based off of myths and legends but may be completely made up for this RP. Those who are afflicted by apparitions are completely unaware of it or are made to think it's natural (like when you are dreaming and weird shit happens, but you take it in stride).

Hidden Church of Rei'uthal - an underground organisation that worships the god of order and System Magic, Rei'uthal, and ironically uses and deals with Chaos Magic and related incidents. The organisation is unapproved by the Valrune Confederation which has its own agency for dealing with such things, thus the Church instead receives its funding from an anonymous noble with a good heart and goes about solving problems in the world.

Exorcists - people with expertise in dealing with Chaos Magic, particularly in resolving incidents involving Chaos Magic. Many are affiliated with the Hidden Church of Rei'uthal or with Valrune Confederation's Chaos Agency. Exorcism is often a science passed down the generations and there are families of exorcists that live under the radar in Valrune.

Etherfal District - a middle-class district of Sentralis located near the east side consisting of large towers like much of Sentralis and mainly hangs a few hundred meters above the slums with some of it at the edge of a mountain. There are a great deal of roads and walkways available, thus residents can live just like if they lived on the ground.

Etherfal Magic High - a highschool in the Etherfal District for magical trainees. A hefty yearly tuition of 22000 Taern dollars is required to attend.

Kaiss Cafe - A little-known cafe that serves some of the best coffee and drinks in Valrune. A popular relaxing and gathering spot for our protagonists.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Application]{This I will provide for you, since it makes things easier if we all used the same application, but I suppose if you really wanted to be a hipster you can make your own.}

I do have some ideas for apparitions that I pre-planned, but only work if there is a character suitable for such an apparition. Here are the traits/ideas/concepts.
- Rebellious, someone who doesn't get along with their parents and actively rebels and such.
- Escape, wishes that they were somewhere else/in a better place.
- Sloth, very lazy or has something they should do but don't want to
- Envy/Greed, for someone who has some sort of personal wish, but no means of accomplishing it and is a conscientious person.
- Sympathic, really pities the poor and wishes they could help.

[hr]Personal Information
[hr]Name:
Race:
Birthdate:
[hr]
[spoiler=Appearance][/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Personality]Would also be nice if you had a unique catchphrase or mannerism.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Biography][/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Abilities Info][spoiler=Strengths][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Weaknesses][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Equipment][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Spells or Techniques][/spoiler][/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Other Info]Optional, but you can include here what sort of apparition your character is to be plagued by otherwise I will decide.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Application in Code]

[hr][b]Personal Information[/b]
[hr]Name:
Race:
Birthdate:
[hr]
[spoiler=Appearance][/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Personality]Would also be nice if you had a unique catchphrase or mannerism.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[hr]
[hr]
[spoiler=Other Info]Optional, but you can include here what sort of apparition your character is to be plagued by otherwise I will decide.[/spoiler]
[hr]

[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Character Roster]A I X - Leon Kaiss - WIP
Phantom Roxas - Era'Vel[/spoiler]
[hr]

[spoiler=Era'Vel (WIP)][hr]Personal Information
[hr]Name: Era'Vel
Race: Avian
Birthdate:
[hr][spoiler=Appearance]6ZM4rWA.jpg [Drawn by sakimichan][/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Personality]Would also be nice if you had a unique catchphrase or mannerism.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Biography][/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Abilities Info][spoiler=Strengths][/spoiler][spoiler=Weaknesses][/spoiler][spoiler=Equipment][/spoiler][spoiler=Spells or Techniques][/spoiler][/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Other Info]Optional, but you can include here what sort of apparition your character is to be plagued by otherwise I will decide.[/spoiler][hr][/spoiler]

-Work in Progress-

[hr]Personal Information
[hr]Name: Leon Kaiss
Race: Human
Birthdate: May 21
[hr]
[spoiler=Appearance]sample_43c48a1992266a746c0584ecf05015521
Stands at a slightly short 5'6".[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Personality]Leon is an ordinary guy who strives not to be ordinary.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[hr]
[hr]

May as well post this now, since everything's as sorted as it's going to be. WIP atm.

[hr]Personal Information
[hr]Name: [acronym='She prefers to be called Vicky for short']Victoria Sonata[/acronym]
Race: Caitsith
Birth Date: August 18
[hr]
[spoiler=Appearance]Just as one would expect, Vicky stands at a relatively meager 5' 3" from head to toe, although her ears extend an extra 3". She has a BWH ratio of 30-22-26, giving her a top hourglass look, and her legs are a great asset as well. Unfortunately, Vicky's body can be just much a curse as they are a blessing, as her lack of arms gives her a hard time staving off anyone that makes an advance on her. Vicky has a total of 8 tails, which have to suffice as her "fingers" in which to manipulate objects, as both her arms had been amputated a long time ago. The only other distinguishing feature Vicky has is the scratch marks on her cheeks, which look as though they were caused by knife.[spoiler=PIC:]fd41ef82dd45499a3dcfe2edc0756e00014084b8[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Personality][/spoiler]
[hr]
[hr]
[hr]
[spoiler=Other Info][/spoiler]
[hr]