[Finished][Char's Second Contest] Finished, Lock plz

Netami09

Ah, I see. I'm still somewhat new to this and I don't know how to get points anyway. I don't have any other card ideas at the moment.

In short an achetype is usually defined as a set of cards which will have support that directly mentions the name of the card (or part of the name of the card) in the support card. (Crystal Beast or Brotherhood of the Fire Fist are archetypes)

Go to Char's profile page; you should see a button marked "Donate Points".

Just pay your fee over there.

If you all are wondering why I'm posting in here but not entering stuff, that's because I'm helping with the judging (if you missed my short app somewhere in middle of page 1)

Okay, I donated the 10 points to Char's page.  My entry is "Colorless, Chaos King of Dark World" and not that Barbaros one.

QZzKtjN.jpg

alright, just finished this

[spoiler='the result']

-Someone-

B: 6 (I'm pretty sure that you forgot something, Blazing Avatar is a FIRE monster itself, so yea, target itself, boom, other FIRE monsters you control gain a Felgrand Protection, nuke, you still have those FIRE, Blazing eff, got another Fire King (well at least you didn't make it can get Garunix again)

O: 10

C: 5

P: 4

Total: 25

Oriannis

B: 5 (its stat are a bit too high for a 2-mat R8 and a monster that can be ss by just destroy a field, also with that field search, this card can be summoned again and again)

O: 9.5 (seriously, after this, I will deduct 0.5 point from any contestant that I judged who didn't post the lore, especially when your card has so much effect like this, it's so tired to read!)

Total: 23.5

[spoiler=' the first card of gmaster1991 (he already replace it with other card), you can just ignore this']

B: 8 (this probably the first card of this contest that's too weak, 2 Lv.8 and you get only a 2000 vanilla? and even it's strongest effect is not so good.

O: 7 (see below, and in addition, if your card need a lot of OCG fix like this and you dare to not post a lore, I will deduct 1 point instead of 0.5)

C: 4

your card's correct lore

3 Level 8 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by using only 2 Level 8 monsters you control as the Xyz Materials. If you do, its original ATK becomes 2000. Once per turn: You can detach 3 Xyz Materials from this card; to destroy all cards your opponent controls. If you activate this effect, your opponent takes no damage for the rest of this turn.

[/spoiler]

TFMegamanlan

B: 5 (woa, you overdone this, you need only 2 or more face-up Crystal Beast and no one will want to facing this, just that free summon is too much imo, not to mention how broken the protection effect and those effects after summoned were)

O: 4 (just... see below, this is the very high points for that)

Total: 18

[spoiler='your card's correct lore']

When this Card is Synchro Summoned: You can place 1  of "Crystal Beast" Synchro Material Monsters used for this card's Synchro Summon in your Spell/Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Cards. When a "Crystal Beast" card would be destroyed: you can pay 500 Life Points instead. During the End Phase of a turn that this card was destroyed by an opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): Special Summon this card, and if you do, activate one of the following effects based on how many "Crystal Beast" Spell Cards you control: • 0-1: Target 1 "Crystal Beast" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. • 2-3: Banish a card in either player's Graveyard; destroy all face-up cards with the same type (Monster, Spell, or Trap) of that card.• 4: Draw 2 cards. • 5: Destroy all other cards on the field.

You can control only 1 "Refined Crystal Beast Citrine Phoenix".

[/spoiler]

gmaster1991

B: 7 (I see that you want to give DW a Durandal's equivalent, but this is not right, Colorless can rewrite any card effect, unlike Durandal that only rewrite monsters and Normal S/T' effects)

O: 8 (when a card or effect is activated, becomes "Your opponent must discards 1 card")

C: 3

Total: 22

[/spoiler]

note: this isn't a final result, so any of you who isn't the lead still have a chance to win, but this time I have to say I really disappointed for all cards' balance

[spoiler='the result']

-Someone-

B: 6 (I'm pretty sure that you forgot something, Blazing Avatar is a FIRE monster itself, so yea, target itself, boom, other FIRE monsters you control gain a Felgrand Protection, nuke, you still have those FIRE, Blazing eff, got another Fire King (well at least you didn't make it can get Garunix again)

Oriannis

B: 5 (its stat are a bit too high for a 2-mat R8 and a monster that can be ss by just destroy a field, also with that field search, this card can be summoned again and again)

O: 9.5 (seriously, after this, I will deduct 0.5 point from any contestant that I judged who didn't post the lore, especially when your card has so much effect like this, it's so tired to read!)

[spoiler=' the first card of gmaster1991 (he already replace it with other card), you can just ignore this']

B: 8 (this probably the first card of this contest that's too weak, 2 Lv.8 and you get only a 2000 vanilla? and even it's strongest effect is not so good.

O: 7 (see below, and in addition, if your card need a lot of OCG fix like this and you dare to not post a lore, I will deduct 1 point instead of 0.5)

[/spoiler]

TFMegamanlan

B: 5 (woa, you overdone this, you need only 2 or more face-up Crystal Beast and no one will want to facing this, just that free summon is too much imo, not to mention how broken the protection effect and those effects after summoned were)

[/spoiler]

gmaster1991

B: 7 (I see that you want to give DW a Durandal's equivalent, but this is not right, Colorless can rewrite any card effect, unlike Durandal that only rewrite monsters and Normal S/T' effects)

O: 8 (when a card or effect is activated, becomes "Your opponent must discards 1 card")

[/spoiler]

note: this isn't a final result, so any of you who isn't the lead still have a chance to win, but this time I have to say I really disappointed for all cards' balance

Colorless really was intended to be able to overwrite any effect.  It was too overpowered, wasn't it?

[spoiler='the result']

-Someone-

Oriannis

[/spoiler]

TFMegamanlan

[/spoiler]

gmaster1991

[/spoiler]

That's Fair for me. I did have trouble deciding on the stats and i didn't realize the field search would mean it being summoned repeatedly. Thanks for the comments. I feel with a few simple touch ups I mat have equaled with

-someone-. ah well. thought for the future.

Just remember that I haven't graded your stuff yet, so if you're behind on points via Scary's grades, you may get a comeback if you meet my criteria (or Char's).

Many of you already know how I grade, but I'll remind you once more. Each criteria is out of 10 points.

Balance

OCG/Spelling

Creativity

I don't grade images

(Can't judge cards now b/c in class, however I will edit this post with your grades later on when I get home)

[spoiler='the result']
TFMegamanlan
[/spoiler]

Just for a quick note: It does only Special Summon Crystal Beasts from the Graveyard which Crystal's lack that ability, badly. That and if your playing a CB deck that ends with most of them in your Graveyard: your probably playing the deck wrong. The protection I wasn't sure if it was good or not as it does deplete your LP each time you want to upkeep your Field. But it is also a problem point for the Crystal Beast deck. Beyond the field, they can't protect they're cards well.
For the destruct ability, I was really going on how I should play it out.... I knew I wanted the Field wipe ability if you had 5 Crystal spells, and that I wanted a Special Summon from Graveyard ability, but the thing that concerned me was the other effects... Drawing (which the deck can do well) and the Destroy card type. I decided on it being that you needed 0 Crystals to Summon because with no Crystals the 2 Monsters most players would Summon: (Pegasus and Ruby) wouldn't be as great.

Also quick note in case it's unclear on the effect: The effects when Phoenix is destroyed vary. They don't build up. You get one of them.

I apologize for their lateness, but here are your scores from my end (I'm just going to post a numerical grade; criteria are listed on last post.)

Next time guys, post your card lore (even if we can clearly see it). This is especially true with cards with 6+ lines of text.

Someone

B: 7.5

C: 8.5

Total: 26

Orlannis

B: 7

C: 6

O: 6.5

Total: 19.5

TFM

B: 4.5

O: 2 (you had several errors in total, including some basic English grammar/punctuation)

Total: 12.5

(You mention "OCG fixes will get shot with anti-OCG missiles..." in pretty much every card thread you've posted thus far, but it's not perfect. Scary already fixed it for you + can explain why.)

gmaster1991

B: 6.5

Total: 22.5

Now you wait for Char's grades.

RESULTS:

-Someone-

B: 7

C: 8.5

TOTAL: 25.5

Oriannis

B: 6.5 (Those stats are a little too high...)
O: 9
C: 7

TOTAL: 22.5

TFM

B: 4.5
O: 3.5
C: 7.5

TOTAL: 15.5

gmaster1991

B: 7 (stats are okay, effect is a little OP)
O: 8

TOTAL: 21

After comparing my results with the others... the winner is:

-Someone-

2nd place: Oriannis

3rd place: gmaster1991

4th place: TFMegamanLan

Archived