[Fanfiction] Thar's YCM Pairings (PG-16)

Thar

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy cow. That was glorious. I didn't know Rod was so beefy....pun intended yes. XD

First time I got to read one of these right after it was posted and it's pretty great.

I'm amused, thank you for this, so much.

This probably fits for all the posts but I really like the ways you incorporate the forum stuff into this AU.

I'm glad I saw "Part one" cause that ending....wow okay then.

I always wondered what would happen if Rod and Welche squared off.

It was entertaining enough, though I'm curious as to how you plan to wrap this up in the next part.

I had the whole thing plotted, but it turned out to be more lengthily than I thought. Plus while I was writing, the moment seemed necessary to reveal enough of for what it seemed worth.

Seems a bit convoluted but it wasn't beta-read and the story isn't exactly linear so I can sort of excuse it. 

Generally these either fit two categories (for me) either they're centered solely around the "romantic" aspect or it's a broader scope that fleshes out the universe it's in, whilst also involving other aspects, i.e other characters, and side-stories. 

I personally find the latter to be far more interesting, so I'd like to see more of it. This one wasn't far off though, so it was palatable. 

Regardless, good shit as usual. 

Seems a bit convoluted but it wasn't beta-read and the story isn't exactly linear so I can sort of excuse it. 

Generally these either fit two categories (for me) either they're centered solely around the "romantic" aspect or it's a broader scope that fleshes out the universe it's in, whilst also involving other aspects, i.e other characters, and side-stories. 

I personally find the latter to be far more interesting, so I'd like to see more of it. This one wasn't far off though, so it was palatable. 

Regardless, good shit as usual. 

The latter makes your idea of writing a Game of Thrones based series of YCM even more exciting, and it works out because the show is riddled with nudity and sex, so the crack pairing aspect can still be included without breaking the crossover. I think once I've written the second part of Cherry x Welche, I'll start brainstorming. However, I'm gonna need help.

The latter makes your idea of writing a Game of Thrones based series of YCM even more exciting, and it works out because the show is riddled with nudity and sex, so the crack pairing aspect can still be included without breaking the crossover. I think once I've written the second part of Cherry x Welche, I'll start brainstorming. However, I'm gonna need help.

Tbh I meant GoT-esque, like the high fantasy style but not really focused on magic and dragons and shit but rather character development/interaction and story/world building. I've always thought of the different sections and "cliques" sort of akin to the GoT houses, so like Showcase/House Stark, CC/House Targaryen, etc. Plus I'm sure you'll be able to conjure up a really gripping plot. 

These have been entertaining but I feel like they're very limiting, probably the one that everyone agrees is the best (MugenxCoolspy) was essentially a mystery-crime. It's evident that you're capable of doing a lot more with your story-telling prowess, this seems like the perfect platform to showcase that. If you need some assistance I'm up for it, just tell me when you want to start planning.

Tbh I meant GoT-esque, like the high fantasy style but not really focused on magic and dragons and shit but rather character development/interaction and story/world building. I've always thought of the different sections and "cliques" sort of akin to the GoT houses, so like Showcase/House Stark, CC/House Targaryen, etc. Plus I'm sure you'll be able to conjure up a really gripping plot. 

It'd be awesome to make a fantasy-esque version of YCM, though.

I didn't know these were still a thing, to be honest.  With all the attention, I'm afraid I have to read them.  I'll find some time to do so tomorrow.

Yeah, part of me didn't wanna stop, plus people have been wanting me to write more, so I decided to start doing it again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So here's the conclusion of Cherry x Welche. Again, this hasn't been beta-read, so there may be some minor grammatical errors. Enjoy!

[spoiler=The Creation of Jelly - Cherry x Welche (Part 2) (3,747 words)]Part 1

The scene followed up with the authorities being notified, as usual. The shredder was surrounded by scrambling officers and yellow tape that read “DANGER! DO NOT CROSS”, as if people didn’t have the common sense to get anywhere close to a shredder that just juiced a human being. The worker who was in charge of the machine stood talking in front of a pair of officers, while the rest were looking for any kind of evidence there was.

“What amateurs,” with this traditional white lab coat dangling below his knees, Armz wore a smirk on his shaking head. Both of his hands were occupied in holding a container consisting of every last bit of blood-soaked wood dust. Any extra that wasn’t soaked in was the trace that stained the sides of the machine, “To think a guy who’s locked up in his lab all day can get more work done than a squad of Damage Control.”

A shiny, black car pulled up, as if to avoid being noticed. From the driver’s door appeared Night, for whom Armz shot a shocked look at upon seeing.
“You are always the one to arrive first when there’s blood involved,” Night pulled out a cigarette to barely close his lips on and light, all within less than a second, “Should we call you Dexter from now on?”

“No need,” Armz scoffed, “Dexter would’ve never touched the blood. To him, it tells a story, if I recall correctly. The first thing I did was extract whatever was left of Welche-”

“So you know whose blood it is, despite not witnessing the crime,” Night took off the sunglasses he was apparently wearing to shoot a suspicious glance at Armz.

“Let’s not jump to conclusions,” Armz came off as what Night assumed, but for all the wrong reasons. He took a deep breath, “I prefer not to explain how I can tell, but let me derail from that and ask why exactly you’re here. You are a judge now, are you not? Since when did a judge come to a crime scene in person?”

“Implying that judges can’t witness the crime at its source,” Night exhaled a puff of smoke through his nostrils, “Sounds pretty hypocritical to judge for a crime that you haven’t seen for yourself, isn’t it? Taking people’s word in court is like expecting a dog to say whether or not they took a shit in the house. Given that it’s damn easy to see through a dog’s lies, the only proof is to look for the pile of shit.”

“Which can be easily found simply by following the smell,” Armz blurted with sudden enthusiasm. He expected Night to be offended by the interruption, but Night’s reassuring grin confirmed the opposite.

“Precisely,” Night folded his sunglasses to hang them on his coat pocket as he exhaled another cloud of smoke, walking around the hood on his car towards Armz, “and I was easily able to track this crime by following the biggest influx of officers in the whole city.”

“Now that I think of it that way, these officers do have pretty god awful body odor.” The two laughed like the friends that people thought they were, but the laughter waned as they both looked over at the ambulance parked alongside the shredder, where Cherry sat, hands covering her weeping face.

“Poor girl,” Night sighed, going for another puff, “Shock from witnessing such a cruel death? Or her love for the one who’s gone?”

“Knowing her, most likely the latter,” Armz spoke confidently, but took a second to rethink it, for he did not truly know Cherry, despite his history with her, “I’ve never known her to not stomach such sights. She’s no ordinary woman.”

“Seems that way, given her struggle to not show her own tears.” As Night spoke, Cherry’s eyes locked onto his, ending in her immediately looking away with what appeared to be pride.

“Her stomach is weaker than her eyes. At least she doesn’t puke out of them.”

Night cringed at the thought, “You give me the strangest mental images, Armz. This is why we’re friends.”

“Are we?” Armz raised a brow, turning to head to his bike to place the container of blood-soaked wood shavings in the storage compartment of his moped, “I’ve got work to do. Say hello to Yin for me, will ya?” With a turn of a key and a soft rev of the engine, Armz rode off over the hills. Night found it easy to track him for a fairly long time before the lab rat disappeared. He wore a slight smile the entire time, but the approach of a pair of officers cut him off from the feeling.

“Your honor… what are you doing here?”

“Ah, piss off and do your jobs, if that’s what you came here for!” The snark in Night’s voice stiffened the officers like blow-up dolls with air compressors. They turned around to march back to the scene while Night shook his head, pondering on the fact that he has to work with these morons.

-----

Armz pulled up to his garage, which stood proud at the end of a long dirt driveway in the middle of the woods. Part of him felt a strong sense of independence and importance having had a property being held in such a place of solitude, but another part of him felt the opposite. This conflict was irrelevant, though, for there was work to be done.

“Work…” he echoed his own thoughts, hearing the sound of his garage door opening to reveal his lab for which would be considered to be of a mad scientist, for which he was usually portrayed, “Nonsense! Work requires effort in progress! To me, this is fun!” These words seemed to squirt out of Armz’s mouth, yet no satisfaction was met with them. To him, it felt empty, but any indication of fulfillment with said words was irrelevant. The weight of the cargo that resided in his moped kept his thoughts on track as he hauled the container to a lab table that contained a wall of extraction tools specially made for blood-related tasks.

“I’m not Dexter…” he said, trying to convince himself of such things, “I have no interest in such things. I’m just doing my job…”

With the container in place, he unscrewed the jar, letting loose the controversial stench of wood and blood, for which half was the strong scent of the wood, while the other half was merely the psychodelic scent of a former member.

“My god,” he murmured, “Why am I doing this? I know whose blood this is. The smell gives it all away. But I must provide whatever evidence I can. My knowledge of blood by scent is irrelevant. They must have legitimate proof. That is why I’m here.” A hint of madness began to consume Armz, for which he shook off at the mere thought of.

He began to extract a wood shaving soaked in blood when he heard a light knock the garage door which had just been closed. Dropping the shaving back into the container, he inched towards the garage door, conflicted by being too paranoid yet too eager to open it. His own hypocritical pride led him to open it, for which he saw standing on the other end someone that he least expected.

“Um, hey there, Armz. Long time, no see…” Cherry’s face was surprisingly red for having seen a former friend. This came as a shock to Armz, for whom shared the same expression.

“Cherry…!” Armz’s enthusiasm was slightly hesitated, which Cherry sensed immediately but paid no mind to. She only giggled, relieving Armz of any humiliation, but part of him redirected his worry towards the container on the lab table.

“Are you seriously worried about that container?” Cherry was well on her way towards the place where Armz focused his concern towards, which made his emotions clash between a spike of guilt and a valley of explanation.

“Well, you know me. I always love to be a source for evidence.”

“Oh, but you are.” Cherry was literally stroking the container that contained Welche’s blood soaked in the wood shavings, “and I find it rather interesting. Though, that’s not really why I’m here.” Cherry’s voice took a turn for the better or for worse in Armz’s mind. The glare she wore took on the approach of a negotiator in contrast to a look of interest, to which he found intriguing.

“May I ask what you need, my dear Cherry?” Armz tried to avoid sounding like he was into her, but Cherry saw no sign of it. She merely swayed towards the door that lead to his further reachings of his lab.

“Since you seem to be the bearer of miracles, I wanna see if you can rid of me the sights that I have just recently witnessed.” Cherry almost appeared maddened, having the expression of a happy rabbit but the thoughts of a guilt-inducing psychopath. The thought made him gulp as Cherry practically skipped through the door which had no knob and no latch to it, which made it flap back and forth like a one-winged walk. Armz followed the door’s rhythm and passed through the doorway without disrupting its flapping, seeing Cherry sway towards the one device that he felt nervous of as far as people needing.

“Um, Cherry… that’s a neuralyzer.”

“Yes, I know.” It wasn’t until Cherry said this when Armz realized just how delirious she was, and the pieces came together.

“You want to erase the image of what happened.”

Cherry looked back with her head tilted like Shaft would do, “How did you know?”

“It’s obvious, isn’t it?” he began walking towards her, “You loved him. It’s quite a tragedy seeing the ones you love die, let alone in such a way. Not only that, but Rod is partly responsible. You would never forgive him for it, and having to live with that-”

“You never fail to impress me, Armzy.” Cherry’s head straightened with words spoken in a slight whisper, “Yes, not only is Gummy dead-”

“Gummy?” Armz thought about it for a second, “Oh, okay, I get it.”

“Not only is he dead,” Cherry continued, “but having to live with the murderer makes me feel like a hostage…”

“Well, let’s not call Rod a murderer. Sure, he threw him into the shredder, but he meant to aim away from it.”

“Doesn’t change the fact that he threw him so hard that Welche couldn’t redirect himself. Enough waiting. Just get it over with.”

“Well, if you say so…” Armz was slightly shocked at the sharpness in her voice as he grabbed the device that looked like a chrome rod about a foot in length with both ends rounded and what looked to be a phone camera lens towards the top. Armz had his thumb on a button that read “neuralyzer”, which was not as legible as a typical engineering standard would allow. Aware of how it worked, Armz pulled out a pair of sunglasses that he kept with him at all times for whatever reason and put them on, pushing the button. A bright flash followed, leaving Cherry in a bewildered state that sent her stumbling back against a table. She felt weird, waving her hand in front of her in order to feel whether or not she was dreaming.

“Where… where am I?” Cherry said.

Armz couldn’t resist, “You’re in a warehouse. You should leave while you have the chance. You were being held hostage by someone who claims to be a mad scientist when the real mad scientist is gone memeing people for the hell of it. You should leave.” With the fantasy of being a Man in Black, Armz screamed internally as Cherry unarguably nodded and bolted towards the exit. Her desperate escape plan was not enough for an obviously red capsule to grab her attention. For what she saw in her slightly blurred state, it looked like it could be spread on toast for a good breakfast. She looked back, seeing that the door was closed, taking her opportunity to take the capsule with her. The door opened as she hauled the mouth-watering red jam into the back of her bike, for which she hauled ass towards her residence with. She had no knowledge of what happened, but for all she knew, she had every reason to escape, let alone with what she chose to take with her.

------

“Armz, you in there? Open up!” Armz was pretty much asleep when he heard another knock on this door as well as Night’s stern voice. He never heard this tone from him directly, which made him slightly intimidated as he went to open it. The same trenchcoat dropped below his knees with sunglasses staring him down coldly as a cloud of smoke wisped out of his nostrils; the classic first appearance of the guy.

“For what do I owe the pleasure?” Armz playfully said as he started to bow, but lost his balance and began to fall towards Night. Night’s hand was already grasping Armz’s shoulder.

“This isn’t a friendly visit, Armz,” Armz coughed in humiliation as he stood up straight with a hand grasping his shoulder, “You remember what you said earlier today? About how I can find a pile of dog shit by following the smell?”

“Yes, but what are you getting at?”

“Take a look,” Night gestured towards the driveway, where tracks were dug up unlike anything left by a typical scooter, “That track has made its way across the majority of the town and has left a trail of wreaked havoc behind it. You wouldn’t happen to know whose it is, do you?”

“I, um-” his thoughts connected like electricity to a plug, “...oh shit.”

“Tell me the truth, Armz. There are a shitload of officers on a frantic search for whoever was responsible for this mess, and it started at your house!”

“Cherry…” Armz grew stiff with terror, “Oh shit, I completely forgot!” he bolted back into the lab to see that the capsule with Welche’s blood was missing.

“Cherry? Did you just say… CHERRY?!” Night followed Armz with electrifying anger, giving Armz a stiffening glare that ignited upon eye contact.

“Cherry was here! She wanted me to neuralize her and wipe her memory of what happened.”

“Neurali-” Night immediately facepalmed, pinching the bridge of his nose with squinting eyes, “You didn’t know the effects of wiping someones memories?!”

“I’m sorry, Night! I was too busy living my fantasy of being a Man in Black-”

“WAKE UP, ARMZ!” Night had Armz held up by the collar and pressed against the doorway, “THIS ISN’T SOME FAN-FICTION, ALRIGHT?! THIS IS REAL!” With a sigh of frustration, Night’s rage calmed enough to let Armz go, leaving him in heart-wrenching humiliation. Night adjusted his own collar and reached for another cigarette to ease his nerves.

“Can we still do something? I know where she lives.”

“Considering how much damage was done already, I doubt it,” Night looked at his watch, “How long ago was her memory wiped,”

“Last I remember, it was around five when she came by. Now it’s-”

“Six.” Armz’s eyes burst open in shock, “she’s been driving around practically drunk for the last hour or so. What’s worse is that no one has caught her, let alone found her.”

“We can at least stop by Absolute Powerforce. If there was anywhere she’d be, it’d probably be there.”

“I don’t doubt that. That’s one of a handful of places where people are searching thoroughly.” Night took one last puff of smoke before throwing it on the ground on the dirt driveway and stomping it, “Ride with me. Your scooter is too slow, and I don’t feel like waiting for you.”

“May I ask why you, as the Judge of YCM, are helping me?”

Night hesitated to answer as he looked at the horizon in thought, “...cause even I can be forgiving towards honest mistakes like this.” Night officially ended the discussion by slipping into the vehicle and starting the engine. Armz followed in the passenger seat.

-----

As foreboded, the scene at Absolute Powerforce was swarmed with officers. Armz could only see a few members of the building lingering around the perimeter.

“Lively as always, it seems.” Armz said with a slightly laid-back attitude.

“I think it’s best that you stay quiet this time,” Night’s tone had a trace of annoyance, but he shrugged it off as he came to a stop practically touching the yellow tape, “I swear, I see enough yellow tape to cover a giant statue of Spongebob.”

“Wait… you watch that?” Armz started feeling giddy, “cause I have a pretty funny photo-”

“Don’t start,” Night interrupted, “Please, don’t start.” He stepped out of the vehicle as Armz mimicked him from the other side. As usual, Armz saw the same thing that he saw after he opened his door. He saw the man duck under the tape and walk toward the building. Armz began to follow him, but officers gathered to stop him. One of them carried a plastic bag containing a slice of bread smothered with red liquid, half of which was bitten off.

“This liquid matches the contents of a strange capsule that’s shattered on the floor of the kitchen,” the officer belted in condescension, “now who’s the only one in YCM who owns such a capsule, huh?” Other officers laughed at the remark, leaving Armz to droop his head in shame.

“We don’t need a judge to arrest you!” Another officer approached Armz with handcuffs, “Hands on the vehicle, right now!” Armz had no choice but to comply, seeing as he was clearly responsible. He then saw as Night grabbed the wrist of the cuffing officer.

“Let him go,” his words were stern enough to have the officer withdraw the cuffs like a shock to the finger.

“Your honor!” The officer was dumbstruck, “You can’t be serious! This guy-”

“This guy is a wannabe scientist who’s delusional from isolation from society.” Night’s glare was enough to convince the officer, but only effectively, “Leave him out of this. There are two other people I have my eyes on. We’ll focus on them.” As Night released the officer’s wrist, the cuffs were nearly deformed from the officer’s tightening fist.

“Judge, my ass…” he murmured, looking back at Armz, “Your ass oughta end up in the paper in the Pairings section. ‘Honorable Judge x Isolated Mad Scientist.’ I cringe at the thought of it!” The officer strutted away with others following him, echoing his laughs. Armz didn’t know how to feel, but he knew he had no reason to be offended.

Meanwhile, Night observed the scene inside the building. The source, to his seeing, was the massive splatter of blood that covered the cupboards. Footsteps of this blood appeared to make a path out the door, as if they were made by either a drunk or a panicking suspect, or both.

“Cherry…” Night’s words were practically sympathetic as he followed the trail leading outside, seeing that it trailed off down the hill across the grassland that separated the outskirts from the C&O section, where the bloodstains waned. His sight followed that direction onto the horizon, “...where did you go?” His thoughts were interrupted by a passing white goose that had somehow snagged a nameplate. From what he noticed of it, it spelled “Welche.”

“Hey!” He lurched towards it in attempt to grab it from its mouth, but the goose flew away, leaving Night to look back at the officers that looked at him strangely. Part of him wanted to mention the nameplate, but he merely stood up, adjusted his collar, and walked back to his car.

-----

Absolute Powerforce stood tall and withered in the shrouding twilight. Cherry stood before it like a peasant to a dying queen, looking up at its agonized majesty.

“How ironic,” she murmured to herself, “that I had my memory wiped only to have it be made even more significant.” She could feel her legs shaking as she proceeded to walk into the abandoned building. The lobby was nostalgic, but the ruin that became of it made the memories appear ancient. The walls tore and crumbled. The doorway was cracked and consisted of no door due to the structural failure of it to hold one. The entire property was nothing but the home of lurkers only told in ghost stories.

“The kitchen…” she gasped, “is it still there?” She wandered almost drunkenly into the kitchen area, which was conveniently adjacent to the lobby. She scanned the floors, prepared to face the cold truth that used to lie there, but it was gone. However, the memory remained, “this is the last thing I remember before leaving this place…”

Cherry could hear the sound of birds strangely close by. She turned around, thinking they would only be outside, but she saw the large, white wings coming down the lobby area towards the kitchen. Part of her was frightened, but at the sight of Welche with his nametag in his beak, she sighed in relief.

“Welche, don’t scare me like that!” there wasn’t a trace of emotion on Welche’s face at Cherry’s words, for he was a goose, “...you remember anything? You know… of how you died?”
Welche’s long neck began to slightly droop. He could feel a hint of memory slipping into his small bird brain, enough for Cherry’s question to make sense to her. Cherry felt kind of bad for asking it, but she felt mutually touched that there was a trace of Welche left in his incarnation.

“Sorry, I just… want to remember. At least with you. It’s strange, cause part of me doesn’t want to, but… it just doesn’t feel right to not remember…” Welche began to waddle towards her with his eyes glued to hers, which were glossy from gathering tears. A smile crept across her face as these tears began to fall into it, which prompted her to wipe her face with a sniffle. She began to kneel down as Welche inched closer, reaching her arms out to him.

“Welche… I never forgot about you. You may be a goose, but at least you’re here.” She let the tears fall as she dove in for a kiss on his beak, squinting with passion as Welche jumped at her chest, knocking her down to where he lied on it like a momma bird and her nest.[/spoiler]

Armz confirmed new favorite character.

Superb writing as always, I like the way the two parts connected at the end, that was dope. 

Thanks, man. Always a pleasure to hear from you.

Now the real question is: What's next?

http://youtu.be/s7L2PVdrb_8

Oh yeah, that's right. We had that conversation. I'm considering it.

Do you have any ideas already that you are trying to decide between, or nothing at all? 

Nothing that I know of. There were some that I was asked to do a while ago, but I kinda gave up on them.

Archived