Five Stages Sacred Seal, The Seal of Overcoming

Maeriberii Haan

ZLzJ7fu.jpg

Negate the activation of a monster effect and return it to its owner's hand. If you do, skip your next Draw Phase. If you would add a card from your deck to you hand except by drawing while this card is in your graveyard, you can banish 1 other Spell Card from your graveyard to set this card instead. If you do, this card is banished when it leaves the field. You must control a face-up Spellcaster-type monster to activate or to resolve any of this card's effect.

Spellcaster support? Spellcaster support.

Five stages here is referring to the five traditional Chinese elements.

Tell me if I broke something (i.e, Spellbooks).

EDIT: Balancing thanks to Aix.

Yeah it's pretty damn OP. Spellbooks now have an ever recurring monster effect negation that also bounces said monster to the hand/Extra, avoiding destruction immunity. Reveal's not much of a cost, in fact it's a cost that is easier when you are already winning, and your opponent is very hard-pressed to play around it, it's not like they can try to remove the two Spell Cards in your hand and baiting it out requires a lot of effort and resources. Negation is a very powerful mechanic as it often ends up as a +1 or +2 or even more while also shutting down your opponent's options and it definitely should not be recyclable. Card art source?

Hm, you could keep the bounce and maybe make it skip your next Draw Phase instead of revealing Spells? Also, make it so that you set it instead of just adding it back to your hand, that way you can apply the "banish this card when it leaves the field" thing and your opponent also has the chance to MST it.

Archived