• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I think about it, Yugi's the only main who's had a crush on somebody. And then they reversed that for all the sequel shows.

And nothing came to be from any of them :]

Yusei liked Aki back, the writers were just idiots to not have them confess to eachother when the had the chance at the end of the series. 

Jaden and Yumi were idiots who didn't/don't even know how to spell "love".

I want Yuzu to be the friendly rival of the series. The "Joey" if you will. Since we already have our obvious Kaiba, that's the highest she can aim for to be from the get go. I'm completely fine with that level of importance.

Her description mentions dueling, and she is the daughter of the school's owner so OF COURSE she duels. I only hope she is not like the ZeXal crew that dueled but were all mediocre and useless.

I consider her description of "pep talks" to be a mistake to add in here.

It's nice that that's what they are aiming for, but I wonder if the writers are good enough to make those pep talks THAT good. The mention of that is something that is better shown than said. They should have shown it without announcing and have the audience decide that her talks are strong ones. She might not even end up making the cut for that description. Also, even though I do like characterization, the duel skills are kinda important in this kind of anime and to see that it's the last thing they kind of put in there.... IDK what to think.

I'm not condemning the character yet, and I DO REALLY HOPE that she is good. After all, we'll be stuck with her for the next 3 or so years.

Give us back a female lead who isn't a loli, and actually does something other than say the main character's name whenever something is wrong.

Yu-Gi-Oh! has always refused us the second. The first is just the Zexal (and onward, apparently) art-style. If Kotori is a loli, then Yuma is a shouta.

OwO
Katsumi Ono, the series director for 5D's, in directing this series...
I have renewed hope.
Even when 5D's was bad, it was still good.

That's the perfect way to describe 5D's.

Zexal is best Yu-Gi-Oh!, however. Totally hype for Arc-V, though. Main character looks much more tolerable than Yuma. And I'm very interested in dem Pendulum Monsters.

Anna always annoyed me, though that might have something to do with how she was pretty much forced into the show. If she had taken Kotori's place it could have been better. Or better yet. Remove Anna, Kotori, and Cathy and replace them with a single character with all the intersting points on each of them (because I don't consider either of them to have done enough of an impact to justify all of them even existing) and give her whatever character design you liked the most out of the 3.

That'd make something closer to a believable character. Cats, money, fan-service(to the ones that are into it), actually dueling once in a while (all 3 dueled around 7 or 8 times combined), etc.

If it goes to ZeXal female characters, Rio is better than either all the way, honestly.

but let's jump to the real reason I am making this comment.

I bring you yuri

149uwb9.png

She kind of looks more mature in the fanart than the official image. I hope she's not too happy-go-lucky.

Yuya's deck will most likely look ridiculous overall because Hippos and hat-wearking snakes are meant to make kids happy. He is a performer after all.

Or that could be completely a bad point since Chronomancy and Astromancy aren't exactly your balloon-reparting clowns. Chronomancy in particular looks pretty miserable-looking in the trailer.

Anna always annoyed me, though that might have something to do with how she was pretty much forced into the show. If she had taken Kotori's place it could have been better. Or better yet. Remove Anna, Kotori, and Cathy and replace them with a single character with all the intersting points on each of them (because I don't consider either of them to have done enough of an impact to justify all of them even existing) and give him whatever character design you liked the most out of the 3.

That'd make something closer to a believable character. Cats, money, fan-service(to the ones that are into it), actually dueling once in a while (all 3 dueled around 7 or 8 times combined), etc.

If it goes to ZeXal female characters, Rio is better than either all the way, honestly.

I thought Anna was fine. Kotori and Cathy were just awful. Like, Kaito should have given Kotori his deck and sent her to the moon to have her die.

Anna also played the game with freaking robot powerhouses and cannons. 

Rio was ok to me. Not too good or bad, but I liked Anna more.

Hopefully More characters will come along the way. Hopefully nothing supernatural. Face it, it's been done... to... death.

If it's not supernatural its just sweaty men in a card shop drooling over paper cards.

The supernatural thing has been done slightly different every time. The Egyptian thing was unique, GX wasn't really, 5D's did a lot which was cool, and ZeXaL was good while awful.

I thought Anna was fine. Kotori and Cathy were just awful. Like, Kaito should have given Kotori his deck and sent her to the moon to have her die.

Anna also played the game with freaking robot powerhouses and cannons. 

Rio was ok to me. Not too good or bad, but I liked Anna more.

I've noticed people liked Anna more than I expected she would.

Her getting to know Yuma is a dumb misunderstanding.

Having that floating cannon forces me to shut down my brain to watch what's happening (though it's not like ZeXal in general can't do that already some times).

She is not actually "needed" in the show, and most of her appearances are filler. When it matter at the WDC finals, Gauche was there so we could do without her. During the duel against Misael, we had EspaRobin who would be enough of a diversion if the writers so wished it, besides they didn't even show that duel.

Her strategy is mostly dumb. I still remember the "set 5 and destroy them for underwhelming burn" and "I lose the Duel to negate 1 attack" plays she did.

And the last thing that's part of my opinion that will make people throw rocks at me *takes deep breath*, Tsundere characters are not very easy to get right, and to me, this is one of the cases that falls into the "annoying" scale, and I'm not into that to begin with *takes shelter*.

Rio was also not great though. She was the opposite of "good for nothing" but done not exactly in a great way... So can't really defend her all that much.

I'll be honest, I never really got the hype for Anna. I just think she sucked a lot less that Kotori or Kathy.

I actually liked Rio, but even she didn't amount to that much.

I'm considering giving Arc V a shot now, mainly because of 5Ds directors. I'll see people's reactions here after 10 episodes or so to see if it's worth it.

I don't see Yuzu being "manly" as much as being "proactive" there from that description. It's annoying to hear people label women as "manly" because they are not the typical girly stereotypes.

We are yet to see if they are still any good when the show airs though, so let's see what happens...

Yuya's appearance is girly, but I don't get that from the character description.

Though I have to say, I am not sure of what the mood for him is supposed to be.

At first glance I thought he had a difficult situation or a shitty life of some sort akin to Yusei's early days, since he gave me the air of having escaped from home and joined a circus or something, but then the idea of dueling school makes the whole setting look less tragic and it all suddenly sounds more pink. What exactly is his situation and the "hardships" he smiles upon that the description implies?

Archived