• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6122 replies to this topic

Sleepy

Sleepy

;9

• Soothing Star~
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,469 posts

Technically, the Crimson Dragon was mentioned by name whenever Jack summoned Tyrant.

He did? I'd need to re-watch those scenes. Sounds like if they did, it just got all like "not my problem broh" xD

Reminded me of the abridged movie dialogue of Yusei and the Crimson Dragon lol.
"You can time travel too? Can you take me back in time to see my parents?"
"Nooooo.... That would be a lame use of my powers!"

Maybe what happened is that in this reincarnation of signers not all of them are around....

- - - - -

*cough*
Something that's been bothering me is that they said the dimensions are now together again, but it's kind of abstract...

We never really saw clearly what the original dimension's world was like. I mean, we see a little bit but not the world itself.

Now that they are all fused, we are pretty much only shown Miami being the same as ever.

I originally was hoping for a finale in which the Yu boys and the girls remained separate and where their locations changed from dimensionally located to geographically located close-by (which would ironically make them more of a pain to travel to). Then we'd see the life of the boys and girls back in their place, with an overview of how those locations evolved ever since the lancers passed by. Even if they used a ton of still frames it would have been great IMO. Then have the last scenes be something along the lines of Reiji or maybe Yusho making a new tournament in which all the boys and girls are partaking on, showing they can now safely be together without need of the bracelets to pull them away.

^The show didn't exactly line up with that at all, but that's what I was hoping for halfway into the series.

Instead what we got was "all the Yus get to live Yuya's dream without any hint of their personalities in him. He's still just Yuya and they are fine with that".

Reiji's bosses at the end were alright, but something I think is a very glaring flaw of Reiji's (which ties with the issue of his expensive VA causing fewer scenes with him on) is that his last duel's bosses just happened. There needed to be duels for him where he got to unlock those powers individually so that they would have more weight at that last duel when played together.... 

1491312303-logolecrayontruc.png

image.jpg

Goats
Other sigs

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Hallohallo Soul ~

• Hallohallo
  • 25,225 posts
  • Alias:~British Soul~
  • Spouse:Yubel

He did? I'd need to re-watch those scenes. Sounds like if they did, it just got all like "not my problem broh" xD

Reminded me of the abridged movie dialogue of Yusei and the Crimson Dragon lol.
"You can time travel too? Can you take me back in time to see my parents?"
"Nooooo.... That would be a lame use of my powers!"

I also remember the Crimson Dragon in saying the abridged movie that if Yusei went over 88mph, he'd be violating the speed limit, lel.

(I will say this though; when Jack summoned Tyrant in the dub, the Crimson Dragon is not mentioned)

iVaujSV.png?1

80317British.jpg

This is as far as you go. Your life points will soon be reduced to 0, and your life will be dust. It over. The heart is pain. The heart that humans used to believe in hold this pain. All your wishes that you've ever had, are all just pain. How worthless! Your hearts are what caused the future to be destroyed. Little Boy, this is Despair... Turn End. - Aporia

a709b8f5cdd8b64cb6aada33e60fd0e8.png

Rest of Sig

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 35,398 posts
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

@Sleepy: For reference, the Crimson Dragon is referenced in Tyrant's summon chant. 

赤き竜の魂に触れ (Akakiryū no tamashī ni fure, "touch the soul of the Crimson Dragon"). That, and you should see the Crimson Dragon flying behind RDA-Scarlight when it's being Double Tuned (unless that got taken out of the dub).

Not exactly an explicit reference, but it's there.

*cough*

Something that's been bothering me is that they said the dimensions are now together again, but it's kind of abstract...

We never really saw clearly what the original dimension's world was like. I mean, we see a little bit but not the world itself.

Now that they are all fused, we are pretty much only shown Miami being the same as ever.

I originally was hoping for a finale in which the Yu boys and the girls remained separate and where their locations changed from dimensionally located to geographically located close-by (which would ironically make them more of a pain to travel to). Then we'd see the life of the boys and girls back in their place, with an overview of how those locations evolved ever since the lancers passed by. Even if they used a ton of still frames it would have been great IMO. Then have the last scenes be something along the lines of Reiji or maybe Yusho making a new tournament in which all the boys and girls are partaking on, showing they can now safely be together without need of the bracelets to pull them away.

^The show didn't exactly line up with that at all, but that's what I was hoping for halfway into the series.

Instead what we got was "all the Yus get to live Yuya's dream without any hint of their personalities in him. He's still just Yuya and they are fine with that".

Reiji's bosses at the end were alright, but something I think is a very glaring flaw of Reiji's (which ties with the issue of his expensive VA causing fewer scenes with him on) is that his last duel's bosses just happened. There needed to be duels for him where he got to unlock those powers individually so that they would have more weight at that last duel when played together.... 

Yeah, they essentially wrote off the other Yus and bracelet girls for Yuya and Yuzu to remain as their combined forms at the end; latter of whom did NOTHING for the remaining half of the series. Would've been nice to have them re-split apart. Let's face it, Serena did more than Yuzu ever did on-screen. 

Can agree that Reiji needed to duel more as to build up the fact he's a pro, but he got very minimal screentime fighting. 

====

Problem with this series:

• Too many characters to develop (Rin and Ruri didn't get a proper duel; as in dueling without being under the influence). Some of the cameos were OK, but others, meh.
    • Yusho only got one proper duel and Yuri kicked his ass hard later (but I suppose he at least did something). Other than that, where the hell was he for half of the show?
    • Yuzu started off good, but then got killed by Sergey and never again dueled. (Then again, Kotori was worse off by comparison)
  • Expanded Synchro arc (I'm not really complaining about this) that cut into the Xyz/Fusion arcs being properly developed.
  • Yuya's entertainment turning certain duels into literal circuses (and somehow the entire Academia is supposed to be persuaded after one duel)
    • I'm talking about the Battle Beast duel in this case; had promise, but you know what happens. (That, and what he did against the Tyler sisters and Aster)
    • Before someone decides to go after me for criticizing Yuya, yes, I know that he was supposed to be finding where he belongs in this world (and that it's his thing), but the fact remains that he needs to know when it's appropriate to turn the duel into a performance (and some instances were certainly not that). 
  • Anime-level crap that will never be feasible in actual matches during the final episode (see Reiji spamming evolved Armageddons and Yuya with stuff that really should've come up earlier on). 
  • Yuya got two new Synchros against Jack, but does he ever use them again? No.

Signature Stuff
Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931 (Jason)

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users