Gaming Central (Version 3)

Glitch

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You totally should. Look it up at the next steam sale.

I just taking a guess, but is the gameplay similar to Torchlight, Diablo, etc. Those kinds of isometric-view games?

Honestly, no MMO should be using a subscription model nowadays. It's impossible for them to pull off. Every MMO other than WoW, I can think of, has eventually become F2P. And, man, I really wanted to play the Elder Scrolls Online too but ever since it was announced to use a subscription model, my hype level just went to zero.

EDIT:

Online passes are becoming extinct as well; as it should be because that is a greedy, f*cking tactic.

Actually I think it's pretty hard for gaming companies to keep it at that price, which is why you see more games requiring subscriptions or seperate online passes. Next gen games were almost $70 or $80.

I blame Obama >: (

I just taking a guess, but is the gameplay similar to Torchlight, Diablo, etc. Those kinds of isometric-view games?

Honestly, no MMO should be using a subscription model nowadays. It's impossible for them to pull off. Every MMO other than WoW, I can think of, has eventually become F2P. And, man, I really wanted to play the Elder Scrolls Online too but ever since it was announced to use a subscription model, my hype level just went to zero.

EDIT:

Online passes are becoming extinct as well; as it should be because that is a greedy, f*cking tactic.

at least WoW just throws all of its expansions in a pack for 20$ every year

at least WoW just throws all of its expansions in a pack for 20$ every year

Blizzard knows what they're doing. They have to after this many years; it's a given. Plus, they're expansions are always chock-full of content that always seem to draw people back in. You guys heard about Blizzard making a MOBA game?

Actually I think it's pretty hard for gaming companies to keep it at that price, which is why you see more games requiring subscriptions or seperate online passes. Next gen games were almost $70 or $80.

Nnnnnnoooooo. Not one bit. Guild Wars 2 actually did extremely well with its Buy to Play formula and a good system for micro-transactions. Subscription games on the other hand just can't legitimize a subscription fee anymore so MMOs are moving or have moved to a buy to play and actually even more common a free to play formula since TF2 did it and did amazing.

Hell nah. It plays more like XCOM.

Even WoW is slowly switching over. They did a week of free and then made it up to level 20 free. I think they recently did something else with that. Elder Scrolls won't likely stay subscription based for long. DC Universe Online only stayed subscription based for a few months. Their free to play model is awful though.

Who needs to buy them when you can have THIS?

July-PS-Plus-Free-Games-Poster.jpeg

^ I'm depressed that none of these games are free anymore. Just Cause 2 was a f*cking fun game.

Yeah...that's how I get my games...sure......

I buy em and I....get them. I do both.....YOU GET THE BESTTTTTTT....OF BOTTTHHHH WORLDSSS.......*shot*

I don't PC whoever sed that didn't involve buying them.

When it comes to playing games, I have the attention span of a senile dog. My most active game-playing days are usually the day I start playing a game I just bought. If it's more than one game, I do a little "taste test" thing and play each game for a little bit at a time.

Username: Benio Yonomori
Consoles and Handhelds You Own: Most used: PS3, 3DS - Sometimes used: Wii U, Wii, GBA - Ignored: DS Lite, NES

I might as well mention I used to have a Playstation but I don't know where it is and don't care because I can use my PS3.
Favorite Video Games: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Archived