Swarm Blocker - Madolche and lightsworn BEWARE [Kaiser Colosseum]

I don't know why but this card has been tremendously helpful in killing of an OTK or FTK with big beater monsters from certain decks (you know who you are).

KaiserColosseumDR1-EN-C-UE.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']

Lore

If there is 1 or more monster(s) on the field of the controller of this card, his/her opponent cannot place a monster on the field if his/her number of monsters would exceed the number of monsters that are on the field of this card's controller. The cards that are already on the field before this card's activation are unaffected by this effect.

[/spoiler]

I have used this in a number of decks that do not focus on swarming and have had really good results from it.

What do you think. Is this the ultimate swarm blocker?

Vanity emptiness is only good as long as nothing goes into the grave. Personally I don't find it efficient enough.

Emptiness is like a mix between Oppression and Maxx C really. You can flip it to fizzle your opponents big play or you can flip it after you set up a sticky field to prevent the opponent from making a comeback. Kaiser lacks this utility because the opponent can see it coming a mile away and thus play around it. But it makes up for it by being really potent.

Neither this nor Vanity's are even that good.

They're both really vulnerable cards that are easy to outplay.

It's just that when they work they win the game.

And this is only really good in Bujin, though people have teched it in Boxers, and that's Pre-PRIO, if not Pre-LVAL, Bujin only.

Neither this nor Vanity's are even that good.

They're both really vulnerable cards that are easy to outplay.

It's just that when they work they win the game.

Stopping a SS loop while tricking/forcing the opponent into wasting/using MST or letting winning the game. Okie not that good.

Bait that actually does stuff. I love these kinds of cards. I prefer this to Vanity's.

Stopping a SS loop while tricking/forcing the opponent into wasting/using MST or letting winning the game. Okie not that good.

Bait that actually does stuff. I love these kinds of cards. I prefer this to Vanity's.

There's a reason that decks stopped running Emptiness.

It's that it's only good as a surprise factor. And by being good it makes MST better than it already was.

Same goes for both of them. They only work when they're unexpected, and the moment they're expected they're really damn easy to outplay for very little trouble 9/10.

They're not fair cards by any means, but they're not good either.

Well on the topic if Vanity's real quick, a guy at my locals used to run Evilswarms, and he would set vanity's, make first turn #66 and protect it from the grave, which turned out be a very solid play 7/10 times.

Back to the thread's actual card, I know I for one run this in Dustons to prevent too much spammage before I can get House Duston off, so I can see where other decks can do well with this.

I do recall Heraldics hating this card a great deal, if only because Advanced Heraldry Art SSes the 2 Heraldics, then Xyz Summons, so this card prevents them from doing so if the opponent only has 1 monster, and Heraldics are a Deck that honestly can't do much if they can't Xyz Summon.

But most Decks probably aren't too worried. Firstly, most archetypes have plenty of removal cards outside of the usual Xyz options, such as Lyla and Ryko for Lightsworns. In fact, Lightsworn will be more baffled as to how this card is expected to really hurt them, because they're an archetype that can drop bosses easily from an empty field.

But the opponent has to be very careful with how they Summon monsters, or else they'll break their own "Kaiser-lock".

Archived