Dark Nebula Deck/Nebula Archetype (Finished) (23 cards)

Akron The Void Lord

Oh, right, didn't notice the new cards. >.>

Summoner does what it does, and well enough, though its low stats are really going to hurt it a little. However, if I remember right, the ability to add any archetype monster (in this case, itself) upon being Special Summoned is what "broke" Stratos when it first came out. Either have it only work when it's Normal Summoned, or prevent it from being able to add another Summoned with its effect.

Void is... well... Torrential Tribute. And with Dark Nebula, it's just one-sided. Being a Counter Trap prevents your opponent from chaining many effects that could change the outcome, such as Forbidden Lance. Perhaps you could change the card to focus more on removing what was just Summoned, rather than Torrential Tributing the entire field. Try not to make it where, generically, it would be as good good as the likes of Bottomless Trap Hole, Solemn Warning, Black Horn of Heaven, and so.

Aura's "banish the equipped monster and return this card to your hand if the equipped monster isn't a Nebula monster" bit is not necessary if it can only be equipped to Nebula monsters. Or did you mean for it to be able to be equipped to anything? In case of the latter, this would be horrendously broken as you get to banish all of your opponent's face-up monsters every turn without any cost or anything. Just keep it where it can only be equipped to a Nebula Monster.

Grand Dark Sorcerer's protection from battle is mostly silly as its aim of being a monster with gigantic ATK makes it more difficult to destroy it by battle. Though, if you change it to protection from card effects, then this card on paper has a bunch of protection, which would make it pretty hard to get rid of while simultaneously boosting its ATK to incredibly high proportions. Perhaps you could have it protect itself from destruction via card effects only while Dark Nebula is on the field. If there are enough ways to remove the Beelze Synchro for it to not be too powerful, then the "Grand Dark Sorcerer equipped with Aura while Dark Nebula is out" combo doesn't seem too overpowered (though annoying to face).

The Xyz, with the Field Spell, gets to attack with 3700 ATK. But then again, it could do the same with Mystic Plasma Zone. But then again, Dark Nebula has a secondary effect, doesn't accidentally boost your opponent's monsters (unless it's a mirror match), and is even more searchable than most Fields. Being able to swing with 3200 ATK normally is decent enough to justify this being non-generic, though attacking is a little more risky than other removal effects such as #101's. The best solution I could think of is to change its name so that it isn't a Nebula monster (though with this being the older version of Newborn, that seems a little weird). If you want it to still benefit from Dark Nebula though, you could give it an effect to let you destroy your own Dark Nebula to save it from being destroyed. It may seem like it flows against the strategy of having Dark Nebula out, but if you have extra copies at hand that are doing nothing, then it would be worth it.

I don't understand Dark Beast's purpose is. It's kinda weak for a Level 8 Synchro, even with Dark Nebula out, and all of its effects focus on it being attacked, and destroyed, in battle. Popping a backrow when it's attacked is nice, but not if your opponent just sweeps past it with an effect that outright removes it. And then if it's destroyed by battle, you just clog the opponent's field somewhat with two Tokens that he can hardly use. The archetype's strategy doesn't seem to work well off of these Tokens, since they would end up being in your way if you ever regain good board position. Plus, having 3 monster zones would only scarcely hinder your opponent most of the time.

Oh, right, didn't notice the new cards. >.>

Summoner does what it does, and well enough, though its low stats are really going to hurt it a little. However, if I remember right, the ability to add any archetype monster (in this case, itself) upon being Special Summoned is what "broke" Stratos when it first came out. Either have it only work when it's Normal Summoned, or prevent it from being able to add another Summoned with its effect.

Void is... well... Torrential Tribute. And with Dark Nebula, it's just one-sided. Being a Counter Trap prevents your opponent from chaining many effects that could change the outcome, such as Forbidden Lance. Perhaps you could change the card to focus more on removing what was just Summoned, rather than Torrential Tributing the entire field. Try not to make it where, generically, it would be as good good as the likes of Bottomless Trap Hole, Solemn Warning, Black Horn of Heaven, and so.

Aura's "banish the equipped monster and return this card to your hand if the equipped monster isn't a Nebula monster" bit is not necessary if it can only be equipped to Nebula monsters. Or did you mean for it to be able to be equipped to anything? In case of the latter, this would be horrendously broken as you get to banish all of your opponent's face-up monsters every turn without any cost or anything. Just keep it where it can only be equipped to a Nebula Monster.

Grand Dark Sorcerer's protection from battle is mostly silly as its aim of being a monster with gigantic ATK makes it more difficult to destroy it by battle. Though, if you change it to protection from card effects, then this card on paper has a bunch of protection, which would make it pretty hard to get rid of while simultaneously boosting its ATK to incredibly high proportions. Perhaps you could have it protect itself from destruction via card effects only while Dark Nebula is on the field. If there are enough ways to remove the Beelze Synchro for it to not be too powerful, then the "Grand Dark Sorcerer equipped with Aura while Dark Nebula is out" combo doesn't seem too overpowered (though annoying to face).

The Xyz, with the Field Spell, gets to attack with 3700 ATK. But then again, it could do the same with Mystic Plasma Zone. But then again, Dark Nebula has a secondary effect, doesn't accidentally boost your opponent's monsters (unless it's a mirror match), and is even more searchable than most Fields. Being able to swing with 3200 ATK normally is decent enough to justify this being non-generic, though attacking is a little more risky than other removal effects such as #101's. The best solution I could think of is to change its name so that it isn't a Nebula monster (though with this being the older version of Newborn, that seems a little weird). If you want it to still benefit from Dark Nebula though, you could give it an effect to let you destroy your own Dark Nebula to save it from being destroyed. It may seem like it flows against the strategy of having Dark Nebula out, but if you have extra copies at hand that are doing nothing, then it would be worth it.

I don't understand Dark Beast's purpose is. It's kinda weak for a Level 8 Synchro, even with Dark Nebula out, and all of its effects focus on it being attacked, and destroyed, in battle. Popping a backrow when it's attacked is nice, but not if your opponent just sweeps past it with an effect that outright removes it. And then if it's destroyed by battle, you just clog the opponent's field somewhat with two Tokens that he can hardly use. The archetype's strategy doesn't seem to work well off of these Tokens, since they would end up being in your way if you ever regain good board position. Plus, having 3 monster zones would only scarcely hinder your opponent most of the time.

Fixed. Hope it works now. And, i've designed a deck which includes every card seen here.

One thing I meant to mention, but had completely forgot, was that since a lot of these monsters have just one effect, perhaps you could merge a few of your monsters together. Such as Summoner and Spellcaster. It increases the usefulness of your monsters, allows them to take up less space, and they become more versatile. Puppeteer should really be combined with some other Level 4 monster.

For Void, I said not to make it better than Bottomless or Black Horn as a generic, didn't I? Banishing a monster that gets Summoned outclasses Bottomless since it can hit anything, doesn't destroy, and is harder to counter.

For some reason, Grand Dark Sorcerer remained untouched.

Nebula Dragon is ok for being a 2700 attacker with protection from destruction while the field is out. Though, you could've just had it detach a Xyz Material to save itself from being destroyed while you controlled Dark Nebula rather than having the user destroy their own Field Spell just to get it back by detaching a Xyz Material.

Dark Beast may have a purpose now, but with 2500 (or 3000) ATK, destruction by battle is still not going to be a common occurrence. Maybe you could have its effect focus on something that doesn't involve it being destroyed by battle, or destroyed at all for that matter (but you can still try to go along this route). Try to give it some sort of effect that would make somebody want to use this instead of Stardust Spark Dragon or Jeweled Red Dragon Archfiend in some situations (not too few, or too many). The best way to do this is to try and give it an effect that is different from the rest of the non-generic Level 8s. Perhaps it could help you with getting archetype monsters from your Deck (or someplace else), or maybe it can be destructive.

One thing I meant to mention, but had completely forgot, was that since a lot of these monsters have just one effect, perhaps you could merge a few of your monsters together. Such as Summoner and Spellcaster. It increases the usefulness of your monsters, allows them to take up less space, and they become more versatile. Puppeteer should really be combined with some other Level 4 monster.

For Void, I said not to make it better than Bottomless or Black Horn as a generic, didn't I? Banishing a monster that gets Summoned outclasses Bottomless since it can hit anything, doesn't destroy, and is harder to counter.

Nebula Dragon is ok for being a 2700 attacker with protection from destruction while the field is out. Though, you could've just had it detach a Xyz Material to save itself from being destroyed while you controlled Dark Nebula rather than having the user destroy their own Field Spell just to get it back by detaching a Xyz Material.

Dark Beast may have a purpose now, but with 2500 (or 3000) ATK, destruction by battle is still not going to be a common occurrence. Maybe you could have its effect focus on something that doesn't involve it being destroyed by battle, or destroyed at all for that matter (but you can still try to go along this route). Try to give it some sort of effect that would make somebody want to use this instead of Stardust Spark Dragon or Jeweled Red Dragon Archfiend in some situations (not too few, or too many). The best way to do this is to try and give it an effect that is different from the rest of the non-generic Level 8s. Perhaps it could help you with getting archetype monsters from your Deck (or someplace else), or maybe it can be destructive.

I'm sorry, but i've currently got a lot of things to do right now. I'll try and fix some of those things later, though.

bump

Oh, and i fixed most of the issues you mentioned.

Dark Nebula......ok though it seems a bit OP.

Nebula Soldier is Ok...decent and good filler. 

Commander is a solid Searcher card that can bring out your insanely OP Tuner. 

Nebula Dragon is situational 3000 that would never alone make it to see 3000.

Summoner watch the pull from deck cards that is one of the most powerful effects in the game.

Wolf is a solid card I like it and it can punch through and finish the game if I need too.

Shadow is literally like INSANELY STRONG....OMFG late game top deck hero type of card, the type of card that drives you to school in the morning and buys your breakfast. 

Sea Serpent, Mermails Hate hard but ok.

Spawn....fair I like it. 

Retrograde means that Archifiend any life costing decks would sing and praise god this effect is better suited on a creature.

Puppeteer XYZ/Synchro Sparker...ok

Requiem to me does not make any sense.

Judgement BROKEN and the OCG is kinda off and is confusing but if I read it right it means pulling out Derpies for three turns.

Shield should just be a trap monster.

Void should either cost you A LOT of life points if you don't have Dark Nebula or should only activate when you have Dark Nebula.

I will review the other half later it is a lot of detailed cards here but so far they connect but not enough because I am just seeing Generic Monster effects so far so IDK but as of now 5.5/10...Average maybe the other half will change my mind but I do like the overall theme of your set. and Thanks for Reviewing the Golden Seas :D 

Dark Nebula......ok though it seems a bit OP.

Nebula Soldier is Ok...decent and good filler. 

Commander is a solid Searcher card that can bring out your insanely OP Tuner. 

Nebula Dragon is situational 3000 that would never alone make it to see 3000.

Summoner watch the pull from deck cards that is one of the most powerful effects in the game.

Wolf is a solid card I like it and it can punch through and finish the game if I need too.

Shadow is literally like INSANELY STRONG....OMFG late game top deck hero type of card, the type of card that drives you to school in the morning and buys your breakfast. 

Sea Serpent, Mermails Hate hard but ok.

Spawn....fair I like it. 

Retrograde means that Archifiend any life costing decks would sing and praise god this effect is better suited on a creature.

Puppeteer XYZ/Synchro Sparker...ok

Requiem to me does not make any sense.

Judgement BROKEN and the OCG is kinda off and is confusing but if I read it right it means pulling out Derpies for three turns.

Shield should just be a trap monster.

Void should either cost you A LOT of life points if you don't have Dark Nebula or should only activate when you have Dark Nebula.

I will review the other half later it is a lot of detailed cards here but so far they connect but not enough because I am just seeing Generic Monster effects so far so IDK but as of now 5.5/10...Average maybe the other half will change my mind but I do like the overall theme of your set. and Thanks for Reviewing the Golden Seas :D

Just like this, Golden Seas does have a few bits that are insanely OP.

The difference is that my deck beats yours :-P

Arbiter only makes Light Monsters immune from spells which is not that powerful since nost removal is in the form of traps. The Golden Seas only makes The Golden Seas Monsters semi-immune from traps.

Direct quote from Arbiter: "As long as you control another LIGHT monster all WATER monsters you control cannot be destroyed or targeted by spell cards you don't control."

Direct quote from The Golden Seas: "All face-up "Golden Seas" monsters you control can not be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's Trap cards."

Archived