[Finished][Sakura Contest Series 2] Synchro Contest (Judging/Not Accepting)

Haven't done a contest in a while, so guess it's time for a new one to take place. 

Even though we're far into the ZEXAL era and soon shall be going into the Arc-V era, let's go back and remember the generation that brought this to us.

With the reminiscing aside, let's get on with the main things.

Deadline

March 1st, 2014 @ 11:59 pm HST (GMT -10). At the time of this post, this allows you around 3 weeks to enter and post your card.

Requirement

As the name of this contest suggests, you're to make a Synchro Monster. That's all.

Entry Fee

Because points aren't increasing in certain places, entry fee is free. Just say you want in; that's all.

Prizes

1st place - 3 reps + 1st place award

2nd place - 2 reps + 2nd place award

3rd place - 1 rep + 3rd place award

Participants

1. Zai-Guard

2. - Someone - (Aqua)

3. Blue Amoonguss

4. BallasGale

5. TFMegamanlan

6. The Duck Riddler (Seija)

7. Agro

8. OpticalGalaxyStar

9. Teddie

10. Bujintei Stereowo

11. Hikari-chan

12. chiagirl

13. josholche

14. afunworm

15. Dyson Sphere

16. Akiyuri

Underlined names indicate your entry is in.

Judges

1. Sakura

2. Scary Face

3. Ain (Hata no Kokoro)

If I spelled your names wrong, correct me.

If you guys would like to judge, please post that you'd like to and provide a sample of your judging (your grading criteria or links to past contests you've judged is sufficient). I have enough members to help with the judging.

[spoiler=Rules]

This is relatively informal, but there are still some guidelines. I hate writing a ton of rules but these sum up everything. They may be obvious, but are there to make sure you know what's expected.

1. Card must be a Synchro Monster. Other card types will be rejected.

2. Post your lore underneath card, even if it's readable. It's easier for the judges and myself to read your effect & we can fix OCG/show corrections if requested. (Just copy/paste your card's effect from the generator into post; saves yourself the time from manually writing it)

3. Cards need to use realistic Types, Attributes and stats. Do not be like Don Thousand and make cards with original ATK of 10,000 or something along those lines.

4. Entries must be your own creation. If you are caught using someone else's work, then you will be DQ and reported. If your card is being used, please let me know via PM (proof that it's yours is required).

5. Please make sure your card has a picture. Because I will be requesting the assistance of 1-2 members to help judge the entries, they may grade on pic (I will not be grading pics, however).

6. Make sure your card has proper OCG and the effects/stats you intended to give it before submission.

7. Entries should be new. Your cardmaking isn't going to improve if you keep reusing the same card for multiple contests. (However, I'm not forbidding the usage of older cards since I can't be bothered to scan old contests for stuff you've used in past.)

8. Cards are not required to support an existing Archetype. (You can make more support for Stardust if you so choose, but keep in mind it has a good amount of alternate forms already)

9. Have fun. All you have to do is make a Synchro Monster, no restrictions on what kind of effects you can't make, etc.

10. Please refrain from posting in thread if you don't have plans to enter contest. [/spoiler]

Judging

Keep in mind that these criteria are what I will be grading you on. The other judges may use a different standard.

Balance (10) - Are the effects overpowering? Will this card get banned if it were ever released?

Creativity (10) - Are you using a concept that hasn't been done before? Is it something that we've already seen in numerous cards.

OCG (10) - Is your OCG in line with the new PSCT stuff. Because Konami is inconsistent with their OCG as of late, I'll be a bit lax on grading this. However, you will be judged on spelling and grammar usage.

Realism (10) - Are you keeping in line with the established standards in TCG/OCG? (This is a guaranteed 10 points if you follow the guidelines)

As noted above, I'm not judging pictures.

Total: 40 points

If you have any questions/comments, please ask. I'd like to have all questions answered so you guys can go ahead and make your card without any problems.

Have fun with it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you know about the other contest I've held, there are some GFX awards that I'll give you (similar to how Leaderboard works). Otherwise, go look at the Number contest I held a couple months ago. (You probably saw Hikari with one of these)

As for entry, you need to post here. That's usually how general contests work.

I haven't made a card in a while so I will gladly enter. 

Is it okay if I just edit this post to include the card?

[spoiler: Tinyu]

pJhrfBp.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this monster you control is sent to your graveyard, Special Summon as many of the synchro material monsters used for this cards Synchro Summon from the graveyard as possible. 
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=My Entry]
E02CC1F7-C6C1-4D98-8031-F27686B0AEDC-729

[spoiler]
1 Tuner + 1 or more Non-Tuner Monsters.
While this Card is Face-up on the Field, it is also treated as Rock-type. You can Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck by sending 1 Xyz Monster you control and a Monster with 0 ATK to the Graveyard. (This Special Summon is treated as a Synchro Summon) Once per turn: you can Banish 1 Effect Monster in your Graveyard to Target 1 Monster in play: It's ATK becomes 0 and if it does: its effects are negated. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Target 1 Xyz Monster in your Graveyard: Special Summon that target and if you do: attach this card to it as an Xyz Material.[/quote] [/spoiler]

Here is my entry:

http://i.imgur.com/LI6ffa0.jpg[img]

P.S. I'm sorry that I can't provide a direct image; the image button is not working for me.

Edit: Still no good with the pic, but here's the card text.

[spoiler='Entry Details']

Blaze the Relentless

Level 7, FIRE

Pyro / Synchro / Effect

1 Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner FIRE monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned successfully, inflict 1000 points of damage to both players. This card cannot attack directly. Once per turn, during your opponent's battle phase, you may discard 1 Pyro-type monster: Have this Attack Position card attack an opponent's monster.

[/spoiler]

Archived