[Finished][Sakura Contest Series 2] Synchro Contest (Judging/Not Accepting)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Entry]

OkTOoYL.jpg

1 Tuner-monster + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
You can only use this card as Synchro material once per turn. When this card is Special Summoned: You can select 1 Field Spell Card from your Deck and place it on top of your Deck. If "Necrovalley" is on the field, you can add the selected Field Spell Card to your hand, instead. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can target 1 Level 6 or lower Tuner monster in your Graveyard; banish it, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your Graveyard and reduce its level  by the Level of that banished monster. Each player can only activate the effect of "Golden Owl of Luck" once per Duel.

[/spoiler]

That's what myself, Scary and Ain are going to do while grading your cards.

And for those of you that decided to enter late, you have 2 more days. (For most of you, deadline is March 2nd at whatever time that corresponds to in your timezone; recall that I'm using Hawaii Standard for this)

EDIT: I forgot Dyson entered and was accepted. He needs to post card.

sry for lateness

[spoiler='Entry']

pnbgNR9.jpg

Lore:

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 monster from either side of the field; gain Life Points equal to its Level/Rank x 300. This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard; you can target 1 Tuner monster and 1 non-Tuner monster in your Graveyard; shuffle those targets into the Deck, then Special Summon this card. If you do, banish it when it leaves the field.

[/spoiler]

You got it in before deadline, so no problems here. (I know you guys are busy with stuff outside YCM though)

Added your name to the entry list (why I forgot to do it earlier, I don't know; probably got sidetracked after I did)

EDIT: Your scores (from my end) are as follows; doing it in order of posting.

BallasGale

B: 8

C: 8

O: 7

R: 10

Total: 33

TFMegamanlan

B: 9

T: 10

Total: 34

Agro

B: 10

O: 10

Total: 38

Zai-Guard

B: 9.5

C: 8.5

O: 7.5

Total: 35.5

Amoonguss

B: 7.5

O: 9

Total: 35

- Aqua - (Someone)

C: 9.5

Total: 38.5

OpticalGalaxyStar

O: 8 (Most of the effect is written with old OCG, first effect should be "This card inflicts piercing damage". Also, the when/if statement stuff)

Total: 35

Teddie

B: 7.5

C: 7.5

O: 6.5

Total: 31.5

The Duck Riddler (Seija)

O: 8.5

Total: 36

Bujintei Stereowo

C: 10

Total: 39

Hikari

C: 10

Total: 39.5

chiagirl

B: 6.5

C: 9

Total: 34

afunworm

C: 10 (the added Synchro requirements are interesting)

josholche

O: 9.5

Dyson Sphere

B: 7 (pretty much a LP gain version of DSF, but affects Xyz as well)

Akiyuri

Now I gotta wait for Scary and Ain-san to submit their scores. (Last edited at 12:08 am, 3/2/2014 HST)

[spoiler=Cyber Dragon Omega]bd9zPrr.jpg[/spoiler]

Cyber Dragon Omega

1 Tuner Synchro Monster + "Cyber End Dragon"
Once per turn: You can target 1 "Cyber Dragon" monster or 1 monster that lists "Cyber Dragon" as a Fusion or Xyz Material Monster from your hand, field, Deck, Graveyard or Extra Deck; this card gains its effect, ATK and DEF until the End Phase.

I am not too late right?

You're not late, Ain. But yeah, you can post it sometime later on. (Hopefully Scary isn't busy, otherwise we'll have to only count your scores and mine)

Technically, the entry acceptance ends in 2-3 minutes my time (I decided to post it slightly before then, b/c there is a lot to go through).

Of course, if you posted it at 12:00 am on March 2nd, I would still accept it since I know computers are slow at times. No later than that, however. 

Akiyuri's entry is accepted though, since he got it in before deadline. (I'll edit the other post with his score)

Gotta work on the GFX prize though, otherwise need to ask Tormy to do them.

As usual, if you guys want clarification on why you received a certain score, please ask.

Akiyuri

Total: 37.5

If it is alright, I would like to have feedback/comment on my card (I think there is some room for improvement and also feel that it is quite powerful). Also, there is a minor calculation error on my part.

Right, it adds up to 38; will go edit that.

Pretty much, you got some point deduction on balance because of the nature of said card (to be expected out of something using Cyber End) and creativity (because of the ATK/DEF raising stuff; it's been done a lot lately). OCG was deducted for minor things; compare your lore with that of Konami's. Otherwise, you did fine.

I apologize for doing late, but I just have a time

also here's my judging criteria

B (Balance): 10

O (OCG): 10

C (Creativity): 5

P (Pic): 5

[spoiler='Result']

BallasGale

C: 2

P: 3.5

Total: 20.5

TFMegamanlan

C: 4

Total: 22.5

Agro

P: 4.5

Total: 27.5

Zai-Guard

B: 8.5

C: 5

P: 4

Total: 25

Blue Amoonguss

P: 3

Total: 23.5

-Aqua-

Total: 28.5

OpticalGalaxyStar

P: 1.5

Total: 23

Teddie

O: 6
C: 4.5

P: 1.5

Total: 20

The Duck Riddler

P: 4

Total: 25.5

Bujintei Stereowo

C: 3

Total: 27.5

Hikari-chan

Total: 29.5

chiagirl

B: 5

O: 8

Total: 20.5

afunworm

O: 8

Total: 26

josholche

C: 4.5

Total: 26.5

Dyson Sphere

Total: 27

Akiyuri

P: 5

Total: 28

You can always ask me for the points reason, OCG errors and card review

[/spoiler]

The entry phase ended almost 4 hours ago, so you're not late on judging. 

Just have to wait for Ain to do hers (again, no rush) and then I can tally up everything and award reps/GFX prizes accordingly. (If you were in the last contest, awards are probably going to be identical to those; except for some aesthetic changes)

Sakura and Scary, could you give a review of my card? I would greatly appreciate it if you did. =)

I'm working on a bit of theme support for Gorgonics as well as pulling them so that they can work with Reptillianne's some too... So any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Right, it adds up to 38; will go edit that.

Pretty much, you got some point deduction on balance because of the nature of said card (to be expected out of something using Cyber End) and creativity (because of the ATK/DEF raising stuff; it's been done a lot lately). OCG was deducted for minor things; compare your lore with that of Konami's. Otherwise, you did fine.

May I know what is the minor error on the OCG part? I want to learn the mistake and fix it (Obviously I am not going to fix it right here and get higher mark.)

As a world of advice, though, you really should explain your scores. Without explanation, there's no way to help newer members/bad designers improve. Also, it's really impersonal and more subjective (in a bad way) than having words to say why A > B.

That's not to say you shouldn't use scores (although I dislike doing so myself), since it's an easy way to balance judging across several different judges. Just suggesting having explanations alongside those scores or else they're just numbers without reason. (like why 9 isn't 9.5 or vice versa)

@TFM you should know first that Gorgonic Guardian is broken and pretty bad designed, but balanced by Xyz Requirement, though you make something that can recycle it again ignoring its requirement that balance it, so yea you already broke them, the OPT eff as permanent is way too much, and for guardian recycling eff, if you intend to play this in Reptiliane, you shouldn't make it come back with Material so that it can use it broken eff and ss another copy of this card again

@Amoonguss here's your error
1 Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner FIRE monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned successfully: Inflict 1000 point of damage to both players. Once per turn, during your opponent's Battle Phase: You can discard 1 Pyro-Type monster; declare an attack from this Attack Position card to your opponent's monster

for the last part, if you want to argue that "have this" clause is corrected, it's no use since you use capitalized H and this will cause -0.5 equal to the entire sentence
and using "may" instead of "can"!? How long you stayed in the closet?

If a contestant would like clarification, they are free to ask. Yeah, I should elaborate on marks I give on the spot, instead of prompting you to ask for one. I'm only giving numerical grades and not really specific stuff because I judge all of these things concurrently with academia matters. Also, it was around 2-3 am in the morning, so not in my right state of mind while doing so.

@Akiyuri: I thought I saw something wrong with the wording or something; can't find it now so I'll give you back a half point because of my error (see above). With that said, you have 38.5 from my end. Scary probably saw what was off.

@Amoonguss: My balance grade is based on whether or not I think the card is broken in tandem with whatever exists at the time this contest exists. (The criteria for such is listed on the main post)

Last effect doesn't work as you noted it, since you can't attack on your opponent's turn. Properly worded, should be "Target 1 monster your opponent controls; it must battle this card" or something along those lines.

Scary and I both gave you relatively similar scores (7.5 and 8)

I'll let Scary do the CnC for your card, TF.

Archived