Cthugha

Sunn O)))

yjKbHO4.jpg

1 FIRE monster + 1 Pyro-Type monster
When this card is Special Summoned: inflict 2000 damage to both players. Once per turn: You can banish 2 FIRE monsters from your Graveyard then target 2 face-up cards on the field; destroy those targets, and if you do inflict 1000 damage to both players.

[Spoiler=Old Text]

2 FIRE monsters
When this card is Special Summoned: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy that monster, and if you do, inflict 1500 damage to your opponent. During your Main Phase 1, if this card was Fusion Summoned this turn: You can Tribute this card; destroy all card on the field, then it becomes the End Phase of this turn.

[/spoiler]

Wasn't created by Lovecraft, but by Derleth, but whatever. Still part of the Cthulhu Mythos and stuff.

I agree with Darthakin, this card does need some re-working but it does have some positives which we will review first before boring you with potentially stupid advice :).

One thing I really like about this card is its flavour. I love Cthulhu Mythos and I'm really glad that you have made several cards based on them, each fairly tailored towards their chosen entities known abilities. So, kudos for making some really cool cards that I regret only commenting on this singular one. Another thing I really like is the idea behind this card: You made a fairly generic nuker that has the potential to make Fusion monsters actually applicable. With a lot of the spam created, this card could be Summoned quite effectively. Its effect is also a pretty interesting effect, a pop with some burn which could then go into a field nuke. oh wait a second, that's a bit silly.

Sadly, this card seems a bit busted. I mean the pop on Summon isn't too bad but the burn is a bit nasty. I mean, just a simple change from 2000 to 1000 would be fine. It's the 2nd effect that's really silly though. The fact that even after it's blown up the first time, you can just Call of The Haunted and blow up something before blowing up everything else. I would just change it so that it can only use its second effect, when it is Fusion Summoned. this will mean, you can probably not be able to blow stuff up every other turn.

I hope I've helped improve your card. Again, well done on making some really cool cards based on Cthulhian monsters. However, this card just needs a bit of work and it could be really well-balanced while also being very flavorful.

I'll change it to 1500, since that's a bit more fair, and 1000 seems too little. The field nuke is pretty balanced because it ends your turn, and it's only during your Main Phase 1, so you can't really do anything if you choose to nuke the field, but I guess I could make it a bit less powerful.

Archived