[Zextra] Pendulum Template [V2 Download Available! PSD and XCF]

Zextra

With the official release of Pendulum monsters, I was able to adjust the proportions to match pretty closely to the real thing. With that said, the V1 of the template is now available for download; huge thanks to Sakura Haruno for providing the GIMP version. As of now, the template is fairly basic and includes no special features; hopefully that will change soon when I have the time to experiment with it more.

The template may be used how you see fit (aside from ripping, of course), and though not required for use on this forum, credit would be appreciated. However, I would like to ask for credit if used outside of YCM.

Enjoy!

• § • § • § • § •

Effect Pendulum Example:

MN4vM1l.png

Normal Pendulum Example:

3vb3Hnz.png

CURRENT VERSION DOWNLOADS:

V2: Photoshop PSD Download

V2: GIMP XCF Download

OLDER VERSION DOWNLOADS:

V1 Photoshop PSD Download

V1 GIMP XCF Download

Update Log:

April 2, 2014: Template V1 released

April 17, 2014: Template V2 released - Normal Pendulum Frame added

[spoiler=Beta Showcase]

[spoiler=Beta V1]

rXCzMXA.png

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Beta V2]

Rm4vgSk.png

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, this looks amazing.

Perhaps you should lighten up the two scales because they seem kind of dull compared to what we have seen with the Pendulum monsters, But honestly, I can't  be entirely sure because I have to base it off a picture of the card where lighting and shades could be affected.

But yeah, it looks really cool.

Superb work, can't find any way to fault it. 
Did you scratch the gems?

Unfortunately I did not; I'm planning on scratching my own when official proxies come out, but I just looked it up and found this online: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/049/0/9/beta_pendulum_scales_by_grezar-d773e1y.png

This is actually really well done. I like it. Would have no issues if it was actually added to the card maker.

That said, dat Art, is it Alcadeias by any chance?

Hopefully I'll have a complete version ready for the cardmaker to implement as soon as they're released. And I don't know who Alcadeias is, sadly... :o

Unfortunately I did not; I'm planning on scratching my own when official proxies come out, but I just looked it up and found this online: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/049/0/9/beta_pendulum_scales_by_grezar-d773e1y.png
Hopefully I'll have a complete version ready for the cardmaker to implement as soon as they're released. And I don't know who Alcadeias is, sadly... :o

Duel Masters:

AlcadeiasLordofSpirits.jpg

Kaijudo (Duel Masters Remake)

Alcadeus,_Winged_Justice_(2DED).png

See the resemblence? I do. Its pretty uncanny. Don't really care much, as Alcadeias definitely needs the love <3

I wonder how it'll be once the official cards get released regarding scales. It doesn't look like it'd be easy to fit 2-digit numbers there, and they ought to have scales 10, 11, 12, and 13 eventually.

The template looks beautiful. I'd use it as is.

I already have a couple ideas for Pendulums myself so I'll be eagerly awaiting this update =D

@ Dyson - he certainly seems to be Alcadeias :p

I wonder how it'll be once the official cards get released regarding scales. It doesn't look like it'd be easy to fit 2-digit numbers there, and they ought to have scales 10, 11, 12, and 13 eventually.

The template looks beautiful. I'd use it as is.

I already have a couple ideas for Pendulums myself so I'll be eagerly awaiting this update =D

Eh, they'll probably just squeeze in the numbers a bit. Thanks for your interest :)

@ TFF - There are still things here and there that I'll need to tweak with before I release it, but that probably won't be before pendulum cards actually get released.

This also seems to be a huge jump for Konami's layout department.

In the past there's pretty much just been recoloring.

Then Xyzs added space-like backgrounds and flipped the positions of Levels.

Now the Monster Effect box seems to be the same size as any other card's, but that extra box is really changing the dimensions of the monster picture.

@ Sleepy - Actually, even the monster effect box had to be stretched out to the sides slightly. And as you said, the dimensions of everything else was affected by that.

On another note, template slightly edited and updated with the semi-transparent Pendulum Scale/Spell Text boxes, which I didn't notice the first time around when making it.

I'm impressed Zextra. You have really outdone yourself this time. This is a beautiful template that I can't wait to use. However, I imagine this is going to be a coding nightmare since you have to add an input box for the spell effect, an input box for the red Pendulum Scale, and an input box for the blue Pendulum Scale. That's going to be a lot of coding. X___X

I'm not seeing any differences between the 2 versions. Can someone point it out please?

On another note, template slightly edited and updated with the semi-transparent Pendulum Scale/Spell Text boxes, which I didn't notice the first time around when making it.

On that note, I do like V2 more than V1. It feels more natural to me and isn't so bright. V1 felt abnormally bright to me.

Is it just me, or the level stars are kinda off for some reason?

Anyway, this is magnificent. V2's being semi-transparent really changed it a lot in my opinion.

That's because usually Levels start at the edge of the card's image, but Pendulum Cards have image boxes stretched to the sides, so it won't look the same.

This is because the secondary effect box needed space.

This is great work Zextra! Not trying to rush you, but do you think this will be released before arc-v is out?

Most likely not. I think it was mentioned somewhere in this forum but:

As beautiful as the template looks, I think Zextra is waiting for the non-proxy cards to be released, so when the structure deck comes out.

That way some things will look more clear.

Also, YCMaker still needs to code everything into the card maker afterwards, and the scale boxes will make it take more effort, and possibly more time.

I'd roughly calculate April or May, but of course I don't really have a say in this matter so it could be earlier or later than that.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived