[Zextra] Pendulum Template [V2 Download Available! PSD and XCF]

Zextra

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the delay, everyone; this somehow slipped my mind and I forgot to upload it. Anyways, the template is now officially open for download (only for PSD right now). Hopefully I can continue to add features to it such as gold rare and holos when I have the time, but for now, it's fairly basic. As for this topic, I will now move it to Graphic Tutorials and Resources.

Enjoy the template, and thanks to everyone for supporting me. :)

In case you guys would like an .xcf version of this template (those of you who don't have PS), I got permission from Zex via PM to convert it/adjust the fonts for usage. 

However, you can still open the Photoshop template in GIMP (and use that until he updates the thread); just that you all need to have the fonts for it (or whatever's close to it) and the font effects won't be as nice. You will need to add in the fonts yourself.  

There's another thread in this section that contains the fonts you'll need (for now, you'll need the MatrixBook [name/type stuff] and SmallCaps for effect text)

• 2 weeks later...

V2 is now available for download. The template has been updated with the Normal Monster Pendulum frame. An example is in the opening post. Enjoy!

That's perfect =D [/overjoy}

I had ideas to make Pendulum Vanillas myself pretty much ever since the effect/spell ones were released, but didn't know if it'd be too much work to ask for it at some store. Today is a happy day indeed.

• 3 months later...

I think it's called stone serif or something like that. 

I tried, and it isn't correct. It says I don't have the font on my computer, but it does not tell me what the correct font is. Can Zextra please answer this, he should know best since he made it.

What is the correct font for the Card Name, Spell/Effect Monster Text, Blue/Red Scale Number, SETID and the Serial Number?

Just note that Zextra hasn't been on lately due to real life and other matters. Though since I helped with doing the XCF version, I can try helping you in his place. (I'm assuming this is the version you need, as a lot of people don't have PS)

Anyway, most if not of the fonts used here are in the Matrix family. There should be a thread that contains all of the necessary fonts here [might be nice if Zex included them with the download, but perhaps he might]. I'll be mentioning what I used for the GIMP version. Whatever Zextra used in the PSD version should be relatively similar though.

Card Name, Scale Number, Set ID and serial # are Matrix Small Caps. Note that you need the Bold version of this font for the scales; others are Regular. The Pendulum/Monster text is MatrixBook Regular.

All fonts (and some other stuff) should be available in the linked thread.

@.Toot: You were partially correct about using Stone Serif for monster text. It is used here, but only for Normal Monsters. Luckily the only difference between V1/V2 of this template is just Zextra adding the Normal Monster one; just need to add that to the V1 one I did for him and include the necessary font for Vanillas.

On a sidenote, the V1 uses the MatrixBold SmallCaps font for the Card/Subtype; after reading said thread, should be ITC Stone Serif Small Caps Bold on real stuff, however Stone Serif Semibold or something like it will do fine as a substitute. Good thing this was noticed now.

I would like to point out that the pendulum scale (diamond pic) and number should almost occupy the allowed space with very little space left above the diamond and

below the number. I don't know if you had already worked on this, just sayin' coz this is what I observe from Ocg card but don't know if it applies also to Tcg.

Just note that Zextra hasn't been on lately due to real life and other matters. Though since I helped with doing the XCF version, I can try helping you in his place. (I'm assuming this is the version you need, as a lot of people don't have PS)

Anyway, most if not of the fonts used here are in the Matrix family. There should be a thread that contains all of the necessary fonts here [might be nice if Zex included them with the download, but perhaps he might]. I'll be mentioning what I used for the GIMP version. Whatever Zextra used in the PSD version should be relatively similar though.

Card Name, Scale Number, Set ID and serial # are Matrix Small Caps. Note that you need the Bold version of this font for the scales; others are Regular. The Pendulum/Monster text is MatrixBook Regular.

All fonts (and some other stuff) should be available in the linked thread.

@.Toot: You were partially correct about using Stone Serif for monster text. It is used here, but only for Normal Monsters. Luckily the only difference between V1/V2 of this template is just Zextra adding the Normal Monster one; just need to add that to the V1 one I did for him and include the necessary font for Vanillas.

On a sidenote, the V1 uses the MatrixBold SmallCaps font for the Card/Subtype; after reading said thread, should be ITC Stone Serif Small Caps Bold on real stuff, however Stone Serif Semibold or something like it will do fine as a substitute. Good thing this was noticed now.

That doesn't work either, they still look wrong. Maybe my settings are wrong or something?

Just keep in mind that Zextra made the examples on Photoshop, and if you're using the XCF version, you cannot expect stuff out of them to look exactly the same as Zextra made it.
You may wish to elaborate on what looks wrong though in your case.

I'm using Photoshop. I kind of got it to looks a little better, but not really. It's fine as it is now I think. Thanks for helping though.

• 1 month later...

While it's nice that someone helped you find MSE stuff, this isn't the place for you to post that; especially since this isn't made with Zextra's template (which is what this whole topic is about).

In any case, Zextra hasn't made too much updates for this template lately [though I don't think he needs to do anything further, besides customize the Creator ID part at the bottom right or something]. This is essentially what will be coded into the card generator once YCMaker gets over here and adds it; until then, just use the image file version.

• 1 month later...

Archived